Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']The DNF Balls of Steel is back in stock at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why but I want it, not sure if I will end up getting it though

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I don't know why but I want it, not sure if I will end up getting it though[/QUOTE]

This is one of those games that I've been wanting since it was announced... like 12 years ago. lol

After a dozen years worth of delays, cancellations, bankruptcies, and vaporware talk I still don't think I'll be able to convince myself that the game actually got finished until I have it in my hands.

[quote name='tridon']

I look at the special editions being released in the UK lately and I'm completely envious. Their MK is coming with a Steelbook... their LittleBigPlanet2 and Killzone 3's came with Steelbooks... hell, look at that awesome F.3.A.R. set that's coming out over there.

One of the last special editions that I purchased was God of War III. I thought it was awesome that it was coming with Pandora's Box. I was definitely disappointed when I opened up the packaging to see a cheap plastic box with a felty liner that left little dust particles all over the place. Other than that, I bought the special edition for Castlevania because of the awesome packaging with a soundtrack on disc and LittleBigPlanet2 because my girlfriend wanted the Sackboy stuffie (which ended up being super tiny with a deformed head). I'd really like to start seeing special editions again that feature style over substance!

EDIT: The SOCOM set is amazing, though. Yes, it features regular packaging but the deal that you get for everything that comes with it is incredible. If I didn't already own a PS3 EYE and a Move, I'd be all over it! If you don't have the Move and accessories yet, this is the set that you need to buy. Your wallet will thank you in the long run![/QUOTE]

Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd rather have a steelbook than a plastic figure any day of the week or a book that actually expands the universe/experience (e.g. Alan Wake, Halo Reach) rather than just gives me something i have to put in the attic.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd rather have a steelbook than a plastic figure any day of the week or a book that actually expands the universe/experience (e.g. Alan Wake, Halo Reach) rather than just gives me something i have to put in the attic.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'd also gladly pay a premium for something that is actually limited.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Ditto. I'd also gladly pay a premium for something that is actually limited.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I can't think of any LE's that even fit that though. I guess Tales of Vesperia and Demon Souls but nothing that was advertised as 50k or less units which I think would count as limited.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Ditto. I'd also gladly pay a premium for something that is actually limited.[/QUOTE]Tales of Vesperia SE, Mass Effect 1 LE, Mass Effect 2 CE and Bioshock 1 CE are ones that fit that category for recent stuff. We also have MGS 3 Subsistence CE as well for older stuff.

There's been more than a few CE/LE packages that haven't been worth the full price investment:
Halo 3 Legendary
Halo Reach Legendary
SW: TFU 2 CE
Dead Rising 2 CE

If the price drops on the item within 3-6 months after release and you can still get it without much issue at a cheaper price, then it wasn't worth the initial buy-in at full price.

[quote name='shrike4242']Tales of Vesperia SE, Mass Effect 1 LE, Mass Effect 2 CE and Bioshock 1 CE are ones that fit that category for recent stuff. We also have MGS 3 Subsistence CE as well for older stuff.

There's been more than a few CE/LE packages that haven't been worth the full price investment:
Halo 3 Legendary
Halo Reach Legendary
Dead Rising 2 CE

If the price drops on the item within 3-6 months after release and you can still get it without much issue at a cheaper price, then it wasn't worth the initial buy-in at full price.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The only one of those first ones that I am still hunting for for my collection is the MGS Subsistence CE. I've got Vesperia, ME 1 & 2, Bioshock 1, and Demon's Souls.

For the most part, I've given up buying CE/LEs at launch. The money that can be saved by waiting for clearance on the vast majority of them far outweighs the cost of having to pay a reseller premium for the few that wind up being rare. The only exceptions for me are those games that I really want to play at launch.

[quote name='shrike4242']Tales of Vesperia SE, Mass Effect 1 LE, Mass Effect 2 CE and Bioshock 1 CE are ones that fit that category for recent stuff. We also have MGS 3 Subsistence CE as well for older stuff.

Halo 3 Legendary
Halo Reach Legendary
Dead Rising 2 CE

If the price drops on the item within 3-6 months after release and you can still get it without much issue at a cheaper price, then it wasn't worth the initial buy-in at full price.[/QUOTE]

But how do u know when they first come out if it's going to be rare?
It's sad that now these days almost every game LE/CE is standard and not really a collector item. Well, besides the list above and the hunter edition.

Halo 3 Legendary
Halo Reach Legendary
Dead Rising 2 CE

I sold both the Bioshock CE and Subsistance CE because I didn't care for ANY of the extras.

I'd like to get Tales but can't stomach the going price most of the time.

Also I can't think of a single $100 CE that's been worth it at MSRP though I've bought many at clearance.

[quote name='The Punisher']But how do u know when they first come out if it's going to be rare?
It's sad that now these days almost every game LE/CE is standard and not really a collector item. Well, besides the list above and the hunter edition.[/QUOTE]

The AvP Hunter Edition can be picked up relatively cheap too. Here's an eBay auction selling a few unopened ones for about $45 shipped.

[quote name='scott_matthews']The AvP Hunter Edition can be picked up relatively cheap too. Here's an eBay auction selling a few unopened ones for about $45 shipped.[/QUOTE]

That CE is not great. U can find the reg edition for pc at five below.

Thanks for the head's up on Duke Nukem being back in stock at amazon. Transferring my preoder from GS to there since I have amazon credit and their is free release day shipping (if I do decide to get it.) I also didn't know that if you preorder on amazon you get access to the demo like the code that came with Borderlands GoTY edition. GS sure didn't send me anything when I preordered there :/ .

[quote name='Brenex']Thanks for the head's up on Duke Nukem being back in stock at amazon. Transferring my preoder from GS to there since I have amazon credit and their is free release day shipping (if I do decide to get it.) I also didn't know that if you preorder on amazon you get access to the demo like the code that came with Borderlands GoTY edition. GS sure didn't send me anything when I preordered there :/ .[/QUOTE]

I got an e-mail with the First Access Code from GS when I pre-ordered it there. Took a few days but it showed up.

I preordered Sunday and still haven't heard back. Not really worried about it, I try to keep my business with them to a minimum. Also I preordered online for in-store pickup if that has anything to do with it.

[quote name='The Punisher']But how do u know when they first come out if it's going to be rare?
It's sad that now these days almost every game LE/CE is standard and not really a collector item. Well, besides the list above and the hunter edition.[/QUOTE]

There's no way of knowing really. The strategy I've adopted it to wait a few weeks after launch and see how available the item is. If I can still find it online and see it in stores, I will hold off until a major clearance. If it seems to be out of stock everywhere I will start searching for it. But that is risky too. I waited a few weeks on the Mario All Stars bundle and it actually sold out everywhere fast. But as luck would have it, a reprint!

Another strategy I've adopted is to buy the Limted, Special, Collector's edition and sell off the game, disc only for nearly retail price and keep the goodies. I will then wait until the game is dirt cheap and pick it up in a buy 2 get 1 free deal at Gamestop. Then it doesn't matter to me if the game comes without the box and instructions because I already have them.

[quote name='Brenex']Thanks for the head's up on Duke Nukem being back in stock at amazon. Transferring my preoder from GS to there since I have amazon credit and their is free release day shipping (if I do decide to get it.) I also didn't know that if you preorder on amazon you get access to the demo like the code that came with Borderlands GoTY edition. GS sure didn't send me anything when I preordered there :/ .[/QUOTE]

My early entry code printed on my receipt when I pre-ordered it at GS. Amazon doesnt show a pre-order bonus while GS has Duke's Big Package - http://www.dukenukem.com/preorder/

Pre-ordered a couple of Dukes BOS at GS. Im worried these might actually hold limited. I know LEs these days are BS but speculation that they are going to stop pre-orders soon makes me wonder. Also the fact that it comes with a numbered certificate inside is nice for limited proof.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Pre-ordered a couple of Dukes BOS at GS. Im worried these might actually hold limited. I know LEs these days are BS but speculation that they are going to stop pre-orders soon makes me wonder. Also the fact that it comes with a numbered certificate inside is nice for limited proof.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on these being too limited because while they quickly went OOS at Amazon, they are now back in stock. And they have remained in stock at GS since they went on sale.

My personal experience has been that it's fine to buy an LE if you want it for yourself, it's a loser's game trying to buy LE's to make a profit later. You might get lucky once in a while, but overall you'll lose money because most LE's get produced in fairly high volumes and end up getting discounted below retail.

Gamestop has a preorder bonus with a big head mode, extra ego, and some in-game T-shirt. Walmart preorder bonus is a DNF trucker hat (physical item that you can wear IRL). Amazon preorder bonus is basically nothing, aside from early access demo code.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I wouldn't bet on these being too limited because while they quickly went OOS at Amazon, they are now back in stock. And they have remained in stock at GS since they went on sale.

My personal experience has been that it's fine to buy an LE if you want it for yourself, it's a loser's game trying to buy LE's to make a profit later. You might get lucky once in a while, but overall you'll lose money because most LE's get produced in fairly high volumes and end up getting discounted below retail.[/QUOTE]

Its hit or miss actually. Ive been at the game for a while and you can kinda feel it out.

In fact sometimes its good to at least pre-order it, feel the demand the first week and if not just refund your pre-order.

This is coming from someone how pre-ordered Dead Space 1 LE (only 1000 copies) when most on CAG scoffed at it. Also pre-ordered Demons Souls CE. Both of which I still own sealed.

As the years go on they LE becomes less limited, true. But I always hold out hope with each pre-order.

Im definitely getting 1 Duke for myself. Been waiting for this game since 1997. But the whole numbered certificate thing to me is really intriguing. This way we will have some sort of proof of how many exist. (and its hard to cheat and duplicate the same number since people will likely find out)

Don't want to to thread jack, so I made a thread about this here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288594

On e-bay I found someone selling Dead Space 2 Collectors editions for 32.50 with free shipping. It's gotta be fraud, i highly recommend NOT buying one. But check out that thread if you want more info. Either we bust a fraudulent lister, or get a CE really cheap. Either way its a win. The only way we lose is if someone buy's one without first confirming it is legit. SO DO NOT BUY ONE until then

[quote name='xDerekRx']Its hit or miss actually. Ive been at the game for a while and you can kinda feel it out.

In fact sometimes its good to at least pre-order it, feel the demand the first week and if not just refund your pre-order.

This is coming from someone how pre-ordered Dead Space 1 LE (only 1000 copies) when most on CAG scoffed at it. Also pre-ordered Demons Souls CE. Both of which I still own sealed.

As the years go on they LE becomes less limited, true. But I always hold out hope with each pre-order.

Im definitely getting 1 Duke for myself. Been waiting for this game since 1997. But the whole numbered certificate thing to me is really intriguing. This way we will have some sort of proof of how many exist. (and its hard to cheat and duplicate the same number since people will likely find out)[/QUOTE]

I agree that it will be interesting to know how many copies are out there, but as that Devil Summoner 2 game with the plush showed, you can have a numbered edition well into the 50K+ unit range or even more given that a machine numbers the certificates.

I've added the following games to the op:

Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (PSP) LE
Tiger Woods 12 CE
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition.

Thanks for the suggestions and support guys, and keep 'em coming!

Ok this Deus Ex preorder is fucking bullshit. So there is no way I can get all the preorder DLC without preordering 2 copies, yet the Augmented Edition in Europe gets all the DLC automatically. What the fuck?

I would gladly spend $10 extra for all the DLC. Either way I just might have to spend the money for the augmented edition. That is if it comes with the soundtrack. I am a sucker for soundtracks.

I just saw the director's cut trailer for deus ex and it gave me goosebumps. Preordered the CE just in case although I may switch out when it gets closer to the release date. Then again only $10 over the standard edition does make the price right.

I still torment myself for cancelling my order of the Gears of War Lancer/GoW 2 CE for $140. I Still bought the game but passed on the lancer...that thing is so cool...the only memorable standout thing of the whole franchise. For me anyway.

Is anyone getting the DNF BOS edition for the PC? For one, it is 10 bucks cheaper than the console counterpart but I'm afraid the PC edition will get the short end of the stick and be the "console port" and be plagued with performance issue. What do you guys think, will Gearbox treat the Duke on PC right?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I hope the limited/Epic editions have a steelbook included. It would look nice next to my Gears 2 steelbook :pray:[/QUOTE]

It'll be dumb if they don't.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Its hit or miss actually. Ive been at the game for a while and you can kinda feel it out.

[/QUOTE]

I had the Dead Space LE preordered but cancelled it since so much of it was available piece meal. Still, it's hard to find and held value as far as I know.

As far as numbering goes the FF13 LE guide was numbered and that didn't seem to mean too much. How many Duke LEs are being made?

Finally, the biggest frustration I've had is the often superior UK LE. The AC Brotherhood Codex Ed. was amazing as well the countless Steel Books that come out there. PS3 games are region free but Xbox 360 are not, right? That puts a damper on things since I usually get all 3rd party LEs on the 360.

Wow, that Deux Ex special edition is great... only $10 more with a few neat extras, nothing extragavent. I'm up for that. I want most of the other ones too but they're so damn expensive.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow, that Deux Ex special edition is great... only $10 more with a few neat extras, nothing extragavent. I'm up for that. I want most of the other ones too but they're so damn expensive.[/QUOTE]

Definitely seems like a good value compared to other SE and CEs out. Now only if it had a steelbook... And on another note, the trailers they are putting out are fantastic and rival/exceed most movie trailers.

This is easily becoming my most Go-to Thread before i drop any pre-orders. Much thanks to the OP.

Question: Does the Agarest War LE Zero for the PS3 Have exactly the same content or identical to the 360 pictured?

Awesome looking Agarest LE. Glad to see they aren't trying to overhype the sex appeal like last time (it wasn't a terrible bonus, but kept a lot of people away from trying a good jsrpg). BTW the gamestop link in the OP is currently broken.

I wasn't too keen on the Jap Catherine LE contents... let's hope Atlus US comes up with something memorable and wont just collect dust on a shelf.

Cloth poster of the PS3 Box art would be great!
Though the Artbook/Sountrack is a must. Hell anything with SHOUJI MEGURO's name on it is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back