Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in for Agarest War. Someday I'm going to look back and wonder how I got so many decks of playing cards. Seems a lot of LEs are going that route lately.

[quote name='dn3g3l']is Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition similar to final fantasy tactics?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Its definitely a Srpg, and grid based, and customizable skills, and all that jazz. But its different in execution. I'd suggest looking up vids of the first agarest game (close enough to zero to give you an idea).

[quote name='salty tbone']Definitely in for Agarest War. Someday I'm going to look back and wonder how I got so many decks of playing cards. Seems a lot of LEs are going that route lately.[/QUOTE]
That's fine with me. I've been collecting playing cards for quite some time now. So yeah, i'm gonna have to get this lol.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Yes it does, pics available on Aksys.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/03/08/record-of-agarest-war-zero-limited-edition-unveiled/[/QUOTE]

Thanks much obliged.

As for the playing cards, i agree.
Almost all the Aksys/NIS/Gust Imports/NA LE releases had one at some point.

Here's to Hoping NEWEGG gets Agarest Zero LE. Being WA is one of the "Few" states to get taxed with Amazon, since it's based out of Lake Union.

*Edit found it on newegg for those of you who prefers NE to Ama.

Standard being 49.99 off the bat shows that Aksys knows how to price to profits this time around.
Considering how the first one was received in NA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mj1984']Anyone else notice the Mortal Kombat Tournament editions are now unavailable at Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Same with Gamestop. I'm not sure if I should just order it from Walmart since they are offering a Mileena outfit.

Fiance already has Record of Agarest War Zero preordered. She wants to put it next to her sealed copy of Record of Agarest War: Naughty Edition. >.>

Not to mention she hates strategy RPG titles. She just wanted these because.... Because.

Oh well, I guess it adds to our game collection.

Awesome thread, I might have to bite on inFamous 2 and Record of Agarest War Zero. I'm not sure which system for Agarest though, since you can import prior saves from the orignal which I have for the 360 since the PS3 didn't get a physical copy. I do prefer the PS3 though...

[quote name='gravel']Awesome thread, I might have to bite on inFamous 2 and Record of Agarest War Zero. I'm not sure which system for Agarest though, since you can import prior saves from the orignal which I have for the 360 since the PS3 didn't get a physical copy. I do prefer the PS3 though...[/QUOTE]
What does importing the save do?

Yeah, the Nano edition has been sold out on the EA store for MONTHS. I almost ordered it, but was contemplating, and then I missed out. Although, I wonder if some canceled preorders will pop up for sale a day or two before release, like the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition did.

Edit: Also, it never showed up for PS3 on the EA store, only for the Xbox 360. EA has been really hush-hush about it, so I don't know if there will ever be a PS3 edition.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Yeah, the Nano edition has been sold out on the EA store for MONTHS. I almost ordered it, but was contemplating, and then I missed out. Although, I wonder if some canceled preorders will pop up for sale a day or two before release, like the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition did.

Edit: Also, it never showed up for PS3 on the EA store, only for the Xbox 360. EA has been really hush-hush about it, so I don't know if there will ever be a PS3 edition.[/QUOTE]

The unboxing video up on YouTube is the PS3 version, so it must exist in some form. I preordered it, but I was irritated that they charged me up front (this was last year, before a release date was announced) so I cancelled it. Kind of a mistake, looking back.

This is an awesome thread.
I love collectors editions.
Infamous 2 and SOCOM I have my eyes on.
I love the goodies in infamous and socom looks like agood way to get a move and sharpshooter cheap.

[quote name='OnettHero']This is an awesome thread.
I love collectors editions.
Infamous 2 and SOCOM I have my eyes on.
I love the goodies in infamous and socom looks like agood way to get a move and sharpshooter cheap.[/QUOTE]

Same reason I have my eyes on Socom. I want to try out the beta before buying it but I have a feeling I will enjoy it so I might just get it.

[quote name='Ionotropic']What does importing the save do?[/QUOTE]
There is something in the game called "Door of Destiny" that will unlock with a clear save from RoAW. If not, you have to play through Zero, and then choose the New Game+ option for Door of Destiny. I found that in this thread:
http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/955/page/5
As far as what Door of Destiny is, idk.

I went ahead and preordered socom 4 full deployment edition from Amazon. I e-mailed them asking simply why it didn't have the ten dollar credit just like the game by itself does and they proceeded to give me $10 credit! Gotta love amazon customer service

even though this is 9 pages ago......good idea on the thread!

have reserved MK Tourney edition and may pre-order Duke.

But i am surprised that Record of Agarest War decided to go conservative with that release.

[quote name='coolrust']does best buy b&m accept preorders on Mortal kombat tournament edition and socom deployment?[/QUOTE]

Went to check this myself and the clerk told me I couldn't preorder the Tournament Edition and didn't know why. No biggie as I think the button layout on the MK stick looks weird.

Also, anyone who preorders Socom 4 will most likely get the shotgun AND the map. The ad on the beta very much alludes to this. Preordered the full-deployment edition at Amazon and waiting for a reply on the $10 credit.

MORTAL KOMBAT FIRE & KOLLECTOR'S EDITIONS (PS3/360) [EUROPE]

MKfired-Edition.jpg

Fire Edition Includes
Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero Statue
Steelbook

Kollector's Edition Includes
Scorpion vs. Sub-Zero Statue
Steelbook
In-Game Outfit & Avatar Outfits (360 only)
Artbook (112 Pages)

Price: GBP 60

Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga comes with an awesome pre-order bonus from gamestop for those interested, it's set to release 4/12/11.

201018_bonusLG3.jpg

• The soundtrack CD
  • Art Book: Exclusive 52 page Art Book
Reserve your copy of Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga at GameStop to receive a free soundtrack CD featuring selections from the game's rousing musical score and a 52-page Exclusive Art Book.
Get it here: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga/89919

Sucks the US does not get a steelbook. Also the statue looks better than the bookends. Still glad I got my TE and not the KE. I might try and track down the statue and book ends later on though.

oh also forgot to mention that Final Fantasy® IV: The Complete Collection "Euro edition" comes with the special edition items:

Final1.jpg

• Art Cards featuring artwork from Final Fantasy IV and The After Years
  • Screen-cleaning cloth decorated with Cecil from Final Fantasy IVcharacter design
  • Special fold-out presentation box.
-Also includes special downloadable content for use in Dissidia® 012[duodecim]™ Final Fantasy®

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/psp/final-fantasy-iv-the-complete-collection/10350080.html

Should we keep all the European CE's in the UK Exclusives thread? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just asking for the sake of thread organization.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Should we keep all the European CE's in the UK Exclusives thread? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just asking for the sake of thread organization.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind the combined discussions, it keeps me informed of the news/releases. I do check both threads though. I thank everybody for the info (yes you guys/gals save me the trouble looking up, lol).

[quote name='Ionotropic']Should we keep all the European CE's in the UK Exclusives thread? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just asking for the sake of thread organization.[/QUOTE]

I also check both threads. I guess I'm fine with either combining or keeping separate. My only worry with combining the threads would be the prospect of the European ones simply being forgotten about as time goes by.

Both UK/US thread are well kept and i would vouch heavily on intelligently combining the two into a more comprehensive thread for those that enjoy the memorabilia/collecting facet of gaming industry. (I will spearhead the Jap CE/LE portion if the aforementioned ever happens.)

I do remember there being a Jap CE/LE thread a while back...but i see redundancy in necro-ing a thread with useless/outdated info.

Side note - I ran recent searches but still came up with nothing more than a price point for Gears of War 3 149.99 Deluxe edition. Nothing about content or release atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back