Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
My GOD! Now I REALLY want that damn GOW3 Epic Edition!!! May have to watch to see if there is a glut of them when it releases or not. If not, I may pick one up when it is still expensive. Otherwise, I'll pull a Halo Reach Legendary and wait for target or BB to clear...

I just stumbled upon this at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Eld...343870827&skuId=2678578&st=oblivion&lp=1&cp=1

It's (Takes deep breath) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

I don't know if it's a collectors edition but it does include some things that are usually included in CE's such as a making of DVD and more importantly a game map. Oh, it also has a steelbook case for anybody that cares about that :) It costs $29.99 and is set to be released on 6/28/11.

Here's what bestbuy has for the description for anybody too lazy to click the link...

• 5th Anniversary Edition includes the original award-winning game, Oblivion, the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, collector's steelbook case, Making of Oblivion DVD and an Oblivion game map*
  • Making of Oblivion DVD includes a bonus The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim trailer
  • Contains a $10 off coupon toward the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide
  • Protect your copy of the game with the collector's steelbook, which is decorated with Daedric symbols
*:D

[quote name='karatebear']I just stumbled upon this at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Eld...343870827&skuId=2678578&st=oblivion&lp=1&cp=1

It's (Takes deep breath) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition

I don't know if it's a collectors edition but it does include some things that are usually included in CE's such as a making of DVD and more importantly a game map. Oh, it also has a steelbook case for anybody that cares about that :) It costs $29.99 and is set to be released on 6/28/11.

Here's what bestbuy has for the description for anybody too lazy to click the link...

• 5th Anniversary Edition includes the original award-winning game, Oblivion, the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion packs, collector's steelbook case, Making of Oblivion DVD and an Oblivion game map*
  • Contains a $10 off coupon toward the purchase of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and a Skyrim strategy guide
  • Protect your copy of the game with the collector's steelbook, which is decorated with Daedric symbols
*:D[/QUOTE]

Damn sexy. I'm in for one.

I been wanting to replay oblivion for some time (have it for PC, but the PC is not gaming capable anymore) but I was not paying more than $19.99 to do so. I will so buy this though because the $10 coupon off skyrim and a strategy guide makes up for that :D.

[quote name='ssjmichael']5th anniversary edition? Holy shit. Milk a game much?

It does look nice though.[/QUOTE]
I think Nintendo wins that one with their 25th anniversary mario collection.

At least this comes with a $10 off skyrim and skyrim strategy guide offer. If it's an actual guide and not some crappy like 30 page book, this could be a great steal.

I've never played Oblivion so I just got the GOTY edition as my free game with LA Noire at KMart this week. Maybe I should just swap it out for something different and pick this up. I've waited this long already so the extra time wont bother me.

Amazon has placeholders for it on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 so it looks like this is happening.

Yeah I actually have Oblivion in my backlog but I'm tempted to buy this one. Love steelbooks and I'd like to own the extra DLC too

Anyway, added it to the op, nice find karatebear

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
At least this comes with a $10 off skyrim and skyrim strategy guide offer. If it's an actual guide and not some crappy like 30 page book, this could be a great steal.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the Oblivion guide? No way Skyrim's will be small.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Yeah I actually have Oblivion in my backlog but I'm tempted to buy this one. Love steelbooks and I'd like to own the extra DLC too[/QUOTE]

it's sitting in the backlog too as of now for me, though i wonder if this will push Bethesda to finally patch the ps3 version for trophies, seeing as how the 360 had it since release.

It looks like I'm going to have to get the Oblivion re-release. I have it on the 360, so I might as well pick this up on the PS3.

1250/1250'ed Oblivion so unfortunately this offers nothing new. I was really hoping for something cool like an extra unreleased piece of DLC or something. It looks like it's basically just the content from the original CE and the two biggest DLC's. Didn't the GotY edition include more DLC than this?

The Steelbook case is ok I guess, but for somebody that already owns the original CE there isn't much point...what am I going to display both?

For those who either haven't played this, or only played/owned the original vanilla version this looks to be worth it though! My 1250/1250 says it all, this game is amazing and while it's not for everybody, if you do get into it you'll have one of the best gaming experiences of this whole generation. Some advice though, definitely get the guide!

Has anyone noticed that while the 360 and PC versions let you preorder, the PS3 version says it came out in April and you can only choose the buy it backordered? That scares me away... I don't want them shipping me the GOTY edition or something by accident.

STEELBOOOKKKKK hm I may pick it up even though I have the CE sitting in my collection. The map and coupons would be nice too. It may just be worth keeping on eye on to see how low the price drops at the very least. Definitely going to have to ponder this one over!

[quote name='shrike4242']$30 for steelbook, even if it's a re-release? Yes, please.[/QUOTE]

It's kind of tough for me because I own the CE and would feel kind of dumb with 2 copies of the same game. I haven't played Knights of the Nine though so "maybe" this would be a good way to that and finally finish the thieves quest line.

I just bought the Oblivion GOTY. I'm still tempted to buy this version. I can get $7 for my goty, and then $10 of skyrim. That works out to about $13. Doesn't seem to bad for a steelbook.

Edit: I wonder how that $10 off will work. Can I use it on my amazon order?

Man, I'm upset :(

Just ordered Oblivion for my brother on Friday, and its being delivered on Monday and now i find out there is this?

Edit:

I payed $25 in credit and $5 in dollars for it, if i reject the package and it gets sent back, will I get a full refund?

Second Edit:

Amazon is offering $20.25 for the 360 goty version, $10 dollars more gets you the 5th anniversary edition!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']
I payed $25 in credit and $5 in dollars for it, if i reject the package and it gets sent back, will I get a full refund?[/QUOTE]

Rejecting the package is your best bet at this point and you will get the credit back as soon as they receive it.

Amazon still doesn't have this up, but just like some of you I'm interested more in the steelbook goodness! This is definitely one for the PC.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Rejecting the package is your best bet at this point and you will get the credit back as soon as they receive it.

Amazon still doesn't have this up, but just like some of you I'm interested more in the steelbook goodness! This is definitely one for the PC.[/QUOTE]
I contacted Amazon they said I wouldn't get the credit but went ahead and issued me a $25 dollar credit and told me to refuse the package.

[quote name='mitnosi']Man, I'm upset :(

Just ordered Oblivion for my brother on Friday, and its being delivered on Monday and now i find out there is this?

Edit:

I payed $25 in credit and $5 in dollars for it, if i reject the package and it gets sent back, will I get a full refund?

Second Edit:

Amazon is offering $20.25 for the 360 goty version, $10 dollars more gets you the 5th anniversary edition![/QUOTE]

Traded mine in too. Bought it fo $12 finding another game or two to make this free

[quote name='Fatbot3']It's kind of tough for me because I own the CE and would feel kind of dumb with 2 copies of the same game. I haven't played Knights of the Nine though so "maybe" this would be a good way to that and finally finish the thieves quest line.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be an achievement whore (because I'm not, but I do enjoy them more than I like to admit) but if Knights of the Nine had achievement's tied to it I might pick this up even owning the CE. That's one of the few (maybe only...?) mission based DLC that I don't own.

would it be possible for this to have TROPHIES???? I would crap a brick.

either way, the new oblivion CE is a MUST BUY. WOW this is a gift from the gaming gods. not a lot of games have this honor. Especially ones as old as Oblivion, where it lands right in the middle.

Beautiful. Ill be even more broke now.

An Oblivion re-release is kind of surprising. I have Oblivion GOTY in my backlog, or it kind of went back in the backlog. After playing Fallout first, playing Oblivion was a little awkward. It's just weird getting into sword fights in first person (although I suppose you get the same effect if you run around the Wastelands with the Super Sledge). I only wish they would do a reprint of the strategy guide since it appears people are charging ridiculous amounts for it online. I'm a fan of developer commentary, so this is a definite plus. And steel books are a win. I was hoping they would throw in some extra DLC like, say, horse armor. ;)

I wish I could get excited for the included coupons but Skyrim will undoubtedly have a collection with its DLC eventually and/or those coupons will expire before any decent deals are available for the game or guide. And there's probably no way to use that coupon through Amazon, right? (Would end up being a nice $10 guide, but I will want the GOTY guide anyhow)

But I bring good news: If you have the GOTY for the 360, Best Buy is giving you $25 for it right now. Definitely trading mine in tomorrow. The 5th Year Edition is practically paid for that way. (Sadly not for the PS3 version)

Is this a Best Buy Exclusive or something? Seriously thinking I may trade my GOTY and make up the other 10 with Swagbucks to pick it up on Amazon if they get it.

Does anyone know If I can use a RZ cert to preorder the game? I have some that are expiring in June that I have to use up.

Any details on the $10 Skyrim coupon? I have it pre-ordered with amazon. I would be willing to send my copy in for credit and order this one if I knew more about the coupon.

[quote name='Llamaw00d']Any details on the $10 Skyrim coupon? I have it pre-ordered with amazon. I would be willing to send my copy in for credit and order this one if I knew more about the coupon.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious about it as well. If it came as some kind of coupon code you could enter in on Amazon during check out to take off $10 bucks would be awesome.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']The ps3 version says it had been out since April is that true?[/QUOTE]

Nah, think that's just an error listing by Best Buy

[quote name='mitnosi']http://www.nitrobeard.com/home/tag/the-elder-scrolls

Has some info on the 5th Anniversary Edition.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's where I got a picture for the op last night, but I just noticed they listed Overstock as a source for the games so I linked to them too.

Overstock has large pictures of the covers too and you can see that you do have to buy both the Game and Guide to get $10 off

http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=Oblivion+5th+Anniversary+Edition+&SearchType=Header

:roll: Excuse the long composition time of my posts. I did not see your post prior to me making my post. I now see the sticker on the case referring to the $10 rebate. I will still pose the question............does anyone have any insider info regarding this rebate? If it is included inside the case, you would have to send in the receipts in order to receive the rebate? If so.........PASS!

[quote name='ssjmichael']See the post above yours :roll:[/QUOTE]

lol, no prob.

I'm guessing it's some sort of manufacturer's coupon or something, but I suppose a rebate is possible and just as likely. Guess we'll have to wait and see when they give more details

well since there has been a new CE (oblivion 5th yr aniv) Im sure some moron will post a new thread detailing it..cant w8 to see who it is this time :)

Oblivion CE looks cool but I'm just hoping it'll drop the price on the regular GOTY edition by a lot. Steelbooks look great and all but I hate the spindles that hold the discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back