Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']Meanwhile, Europe gets all that shit nicely bundled in a SE or LE package.[/QUOTE]I've never been able to figure out why the LE/CE didn't come with all the preorder stuff in general. You would think it would be a given, but, no... of course not.

As always it sucks to see this happen, yet, again, but at least with Sony being the publisher there’s about a 95% chance of that preorder DLC ending up on the PSN store at some point... I honestly cannot think of a single preorder bonus that hasn't.

Have a question, I put $60 down for a "Pre-purchase" on the standard version as Gamestop stopped Pre-ordering the Duke Balls of Steel Edition, But found out Amazon still has the Pre-order for Ps3, Does Amazon charge you the full price ($100) when you order? Or is it when they ship? And if so do we know when they will ship beforehand? Thanx for any answer's.

[quote name='iAmRafy']Have a question, I put $60 down for a "Pre-purchase" on the standard version as Gamestop stopped Pre-ordering the Duke Balls of Steel Edition, But found out Amazon still has the Pre-order for Ps3, Does Amazon charge you the full price ($100) when you order? Or is it when they ship? And if so do we know when they will ship beforehand? Thanx for any answer's.[/QUOTE]
Just when it gets shipped. If you get release date delivery it will most likely ship the day before and be to you on release day.

[quote name='iAmRafy']Have a question, I put $60 down for a "Pre-purchase" on the standard version as Gamestop stopped Pre-ordering the Duke Balls of Steel Edition, But found out Amazon still has the Pre-order for Ps3, Does Amazon charge you the full price ($100) when you order? Or is it when they ship? And if so do we know when they will ship beforehand? Thanx for any answer's.[/QUOTE]

Regarding billing: If you pay with GC it will automatically remove the credit. If you pay with a card or something it will bill when it ships.

You can change payment methods before it ships as well if you need.

Thanx fellas. I removed my purchase from Gamestop and put in the Balls of Steel edition at Amazon and they haven't charged a penny yet...Wish there was an option where you can pay in full. Got my demo code too :)

I also pre-ordered Modern Warfare 3, and they gave me a Poster (Gamestop) I'm not a MW fanboy but they said later on I can move it toward Battlefield 3 an I keep the poster...an FYI for someone who wants a free poster for that game. It has a time magazine one one side and the cover to the game on the other.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I've never been able to figure out why the LE/CE didn't come with all the preorder stuff in general. You would think it would be a given, but, no... of course not.

As always it sucks to see this happen, yet, again, but at least with Sony being the publisher there’s about a 95% chance of that preorder DLC ending up on the PSN store at some point... I honestly cannot think of a single preorder bonus that hasn't.[/QUOTE]

Some home items and the sackboy cart on first run copies of MNR

I don't know if anyone has had better luck than me but it looks like The Witcher 2 is OOP at this point in NA.

If anyone somehow finds an available one in a GS and doesn't want I'd be happy to pay shipping etc. for it but to any CAGer who was looking for it I'd recommend grabbing it now.

It looks like it may have been pulled from Amazon because a huge number of them apparently had damaged statues in it. If anyone here got one I'd love to know if it was in good condition and their general opinion of it.

Madden 12 Hall of Fame Edition has been listed on Amazon. PS3 or 360 Contents include:

• True to the Game - The Madden NFL Hall of Fame Edition contains a complete copy of Madden NFL 12
  • Limited Edition - Only 125,000 Hall of Fame Editions were made, making it a must have for any football fan
  • Autographed Panini Card - Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, featuring a personally hand-signed autograph from Marshall himself
  • Go for the Gold - One solid, 18k gold autographed card has been randomly inserted into one Xbox 360 and one PlayStation 3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history
  • Madden Ultimate Team - Receive the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL

[quote name='gravel']Madden 12 Hall of Fame Edition has been listed on Amazon. PS3 or 360 Contents include:

• True to the Game - The Madden NFL Hall of Fame Edition contains a complete copy of Madden NFL 12
  • Limited Edition - Only 125,000 Hall of Fame Editions were made, making it a must have for any football fan
  • Autographed Panini Card - Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, featuring a personally hand-signed autograph from Marshall himself
  • Go for the Gold - One solid, 18k gold autographed card has been randomly inserted into one Xbox 360 and one PlayStation 3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history
  • Madden Ultimate Team - Receive the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL
[/QUOTE]

That has to be one of the worse CE I have seen. So for $20 you get a autograph (who knows if it will be legit or stamped on), some cards and maybe if you are lucky 1/125000 chance in getting a gold card.

Yea

Yeah, I saw the Hall of Fame edition earlier and went ahead and preordered both versions until I decide which one I actually want to play it on. I love Marshall Faulk.

According to EA, they're only making 125,000 copies for both systems combined. I sincerely doubt they actually limit it to that, but it doesn't matter. That signed Marshall Faulk card is worth the $30 extra to me alone.

I think the "signed" part means it's printed on there. I doubt he sat there and signed 125,000 cards. Anyway, I don't play Madden, so not in for one.

The way it's worded makes me believe he's signing them all, though that would be quite a lot of signatures.

It would be very misleading if there wasn't an actual autograph but a facsimile instead

edit: Plus the $90 asking price definitely makes me think it's a legit autograph, otherwise, what could they possibly charge $30 extra for there?

Knowing about the card business, Panini probably had him sign 125k stickers over time and applied a sticker with his auto on it on each card.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'd like to see what this 18k card looks like[/QUOTE]

Probably very similar to the Playoff Contenders Football and Basketball 18k gold cards look like.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I think the "signed" part means it's printed on there. I doubt he sat there and signed 125,000 cards. Anyway, I don't play Madden, so not in for one.[/QUOTE]
EA confirmed on Facebook earlier today that it will be an authentic signature but 1 of 250,000 isn't very rare though for an autographed football card. I don't think it's worth the $30 asking price.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']EA confirmed on Facebook earlier today that it will be an authentic signature but 1 of 250,000 isn't very rare though for an autographed football card. I don't think it's worth the $30 asking price.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I think it's 125K total, so 62.5K per system

[quote name='ssjmichael']I could be wrong but I think it's 125K total, so 62.5K per system[/QUOTE]

And there are 4 different cards, so if every 4 copies has a different card, then divide that by 4.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I could be wrong but I think it's 125K total, so 62.5K per system[/QUOTE]
You are correct it is 125,000 total.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Thanks to whoever added the Madden HOF to the OP. I've exchanged the image for this one I made that shows the signed cards, and platinum team pack (as shown here: http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/final-cover)

[/QUOTE]

I put it in there this afternoon. It looked like you were going in chronological order, so I hope I put it in the right place. That image is much better, it definitely gives a better idea of what's included.

I like the wiki-post feature, but I couldn't see where to edit the thread title in it.

So, I contacted THQ's store asking about when they charge your card for preorders, since I want the Space Marine CE.

They said that they charge the card when it is shipped, not before.

Ordered one yesterday.

Check my card today. BAM, big fat charge right there. This pretty much fucks me, since I'm taking a trip this weekend. Bloody shitheads.

[quote name='Logain8955']So, I contacted THQ's store asking about when they charge your card for preorders, since I want the Space Marine CE.

Ordered one yesterday.

Check my card today. BAM, big fat charge right there. This pretty much fucks me, since I'm taking a trip this weekend. Bloody shitheads.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I want to get the CE for Space Marine too, but knowing that they charge you for it immediately, kinda turned off. Is it just a THQ exclusive and no plans for it hitting places like Gamestop for the Collector's Edition?

Already been posted in the other thread, but Otomedius Excellent has a CE for 49.99 which includes game, pillowcase, artbook, and soundtrack. $49.99.

Catherine looks like it should come with a blow up doll. I'm actually shocked that none of the duke swag is sexual in nature

Man i want that Tales of Xilia PS3.....

On a side note, is Gamestop still upgrading Dark Souls pre-orders? Planning to reserve a few games there tommorow

[quote name='Logain8955']So, I contacted THQ's store asking about when they charge your card for preorders, since I want the Space Marine CE.

Ordered one yesterday.

Check my card today. BAM, big fat charge right there. This pretty much fucks me, since I'm taking a trip this weekend. Bloody shitheads.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it's an actual charge or could it be a hold? There's a chance it will clear out of your pending charges within 72 hours and the card wont be actually charged until shipment.

Ordered one yesterday.

They only pre-authorized your card. If you have a regular credit card, that charge will drop off within 7 days. If you have a debit card, it may remain as a hold against funds depending on how your bank treats it. I ordered last week and the authorization just dropped off today, exactly seven days later. Not to be a jerk, but if a $100 charge is going to prevent you from using your credit card, perhaps you should not be buying overpriced collector's editions.

Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172151p1.html

Details from the article:
  • $99.99
  • Sideshow Collectibles Nathan Drake Statue
  • Replica of Drake's belt buckle
  • Replica of Drake's ring/necklace
  • Steelbook game case
  • Copy of Uncharted 3
  • Everything enclosed in a "Traveling Case"

All the pre-order bonuses can be found in the link as well.

I can't find it on any websites so far so expect to see it soon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Steelbook for Uncharted 3 sounds good, otherwise meh. I'm annoyed by all the statues. Something different please.[/QUOTE]

Amen. If they could have put something like the dagger from the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition, I would definitely consider buying it. Then again, it would probably cost a month's pay.

[quote name='karatebear']Amen. If they could have put something like the dagger from the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition, I would definitely consider buying it. Then again, it would probably cost a month's pay.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, apparently not even an art book or soundtrack? Come on. Give me the damn steelbook, a physical sound track, an art book, a making of video, and something like Nate's journal or...anything but a damn statue. The statue doesn't even look good from that pic. Hopefully there's another edition or they add to this one.

I hope at the very least they add in all that "exclusive" retailer crap like they're doing with the Infamous CE.

Edit: Here's an interesting EU PS Blog article. Looks like the EU version is going to be done right. Hopefully this stuff gets announced for the US as well.

[quote name='fujimitsu']I'm totally the opposite. I really couldn't care less about DLC, but I'm a sucker for the made in china stuff. I know it's sad but I can't help it.[/QUOTE]

LOL, same here. I typically just sell off any DLC that a CE comes with on eBay. For me it's SteelBooks, art books and CD soundtracks that get me hooked.

[quote name='karatebear']Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172151p1.html

Details from the article:
  • $99.99
  • Sideshow Collectibles Nathan Drake Statue
  • Replica of Drake's belt buckle
  • Replica of Drake's ring/necklace
  • Steelbook game case
  • Copy of Uncharted 3
  • Everything enclosed in a "Traveling Case"

All the pre-order bonuses can be found in the link as well.

I can't find it on any websites so far so expect to see it soon.[/QUOTE]
Not even a super voucher to cover all the store specific pre-order bonus dlc?!

[quote name='fujimitsu']I'm totally the opposite. I really couldn't care less about DLC, but I'm a sucker for the made in china stuff. I know it's sad but I can't help it.[/QUOTE]

Oh how much I despise DLC! Totally worthless for any collectors keeping the games sealed as in all likely hood, it won't be useful 10+ yrs from now:bomb: Give me statues, art books, and tangible junk any day over downloadable crap I would never use. In fact, neither my X360 nor PS3 have yet to go online, as you simply can't really "collect" digital content:cool:

Yeah its too bad about the Uncharted 3 CE, the European one has a Super Voucher for all the DLC plus some extra ones.

[quote name='eau']Not even a super voucher to cover all the store specific pre-order bonus dlc?![/QUOTE]

The DLC is just early unlocks. No exclusives.

[quote name='scott_matthews']LOL, same here. I typically just sell off any DLC that a CE comes with on eBay. For me it's SteelBooks, art books and CD soundtracks that get me hooked.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this, DLC is pretty much the worst pre-order bonus I can think of since they're basically just holding back game content for no reason other than to charge you more for a game. People eat that shit up though, half the games I've gotten in the past six months have been free or close to it from selling assorted pre-order bonus or packaged in DLC. At least physical items are separate from a game and required some production costs.

What exactly is even in that Madden CE, a signed card, a very tiny chance for a gold signed card, and a dozen DLC players? For $30?

I understand why people don't like the DLC as part of CEs, but I like what Sony has done with LBP2 and inFamous 2. Obviously it isn't practical to buy a game from every store offering a pre-order bonus, which has lately been four or more stores. If I'm buying a CE of a game, I don't want to wait months to play it, so having DLC I might want at the start is better than waiting months for it to appear in the store.

Why is UC3 CE only available from Game Stop? Is it some kind of exclusive?

edit: I see Naughty Dog says preorders will be available at all retailers soon, they are just slow at adding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back