Anyone have any good personal ghost stories?

Has anyone here ever had an experience with a ghost or supernatural force? Please don't threadcrap with replies designed to be humorous. I'm really curious if anyone else had some encounters.

I know I have had several throughout my life. My first began in 1993 when I was 11. There are long periods when they don't bother me, but then they just pop up again. I had three ghostly encounters in the past month, and prior to that that my last experience took place nearly 5 years ago.

1st experience: I was shooting a bow and arrow in the backyard with my brother. I turned to my right an saw a figure cloaked in white running past the woodpile. I remember I was badly shaken after that.

Most recent experience (3 weeks ago): I heard a noise outside my window. I looked down and saw a figure cloaked in white sprinting across the pathway leading to my front door. Also, a few nights earlier I woke up in the middle of the night to see a figure standing next to my bed. It eventually faded out.

Scariest encounter: I was about 12 or 13 at the time and was left home alone with my youngest brother during the day while my parents went out. He was a baby, and I had to watch him in his crib. I sat in the room reading a magazine, when I heard heavy footsteps leading up the stairs. At the top of the stairs is a door, and I heard it open and then slam shut with alot of force. Then I heard heavy footsteps approach the room my brother and I were in. Then as it reached the door the footsteps stopped. At this point I was terrified. What happened next still gives me the creeps. The lights in the room flickered on and off. I thought whatver it was was coming to kill me, but then it just stopped.

I've "felt" ghosts, never seen one. My dad still says to this day that before I was born, he woke up and saw a black dog by his bed. He got up, the dog started running.. he followed the dog, and the dog jumped through the front door.

At the time, they lived in Hermitage, TN on a battlefield. He was not the only one who claimed to have seen a ghost.

I know after my grandfather died, he was here. Weird stuff started happening, I felt his presence, and my dog kept freaking out for no reason. I'm not really scared of him, I know he wouldn't harm anyone here.. no one really believes me, but I know he's here. I'll hear scratching on the wall or my dog will freak out and I will know he's here with me or something. It's kinda surreal, but when it happens, i'm just like "What's up?".. talking to the air, I know, but I know he hears me.

Man, what if it's a guy in my attic? Waiting to strike me or something. I'll think it's a ghost and it'll be some dude in the attic coming to kill me, that'd be wonderful..

Anyways, my friend also had a few, she said a little girl and her dog always walked up and down the stairs in the old house and that the dog would run up the stairs and jump on her bed.

I have my own ghost stories, but I find this one to be much more scary... My ex-girlfriend's cousin had just graduated college and she decided that she wanted to get away from everything and go camping by herself. I can't remember where it was because I was told this by my ex-girlfriend's mom when we were still going out... about 3 years ago. Her mom is really serious so there is no doubt about the authenticity... BUT ANYWAY, she planned on photographing everthing while she was out there for about 3 days. When she came back and developed her film there were pictures of her sleeping in her tent! Now, she was out in the middle of no where and she never saw anyone else the whole time that she was out there. Either it was a ghost or, even more scary, it was a real person. Now she never woke up in the middle night to having her picture taken, so whoever did it was very very quiet and managed to get in her tent and take the photo without her waking up.

[quote name='Scorch']
I know after my grandfather died, he was here. Weird stuff started happening, I felt his presence, and my dog kept freaking out for no reason. [/quote]

My grandparents live(d) with me at my house. I have 2 dogs, and my grandmother would never let the one dog into her room. He would always lay outside of her room and look in if we were in there talking to her. My grandmother developed lung cancer and was in and out of the hospital, but my dog would still not enter the room. However, the day after she died he walked in her room like he owned the place. It was like he sensed that she was gone. However, one night my brother and grandfather were in her old room watching TV and the dog would refuse to come into the room. He stood outside the room and looked in, glancing first at my brother and grandfather then at where my grandmother would always sit on her bed. They called him and tried to get him to come in, but he wouldn't. It was like he saw her there.

I seem to remember having one of these experiences, but I just remember having one about 20-13 years ago. I don't remember anything else or if that memory is accurate. We do have a wooden chest that, the way the wood was cut, looks like the head of a dead/ghost horse. That used to scare the hell out of me when I was younger.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts or anything like that. Obviously I don't think the people are lying (well some are, but that's true with anything), I just don't think it's supernatural. It may very well involve something from earth (gases, energy etc.), or created by death (ie. maybe large amounts of deaths in a place give off an energy the leaves remnants for a long time), I don't know.

I have no idea why "ghost" sightings occur, I just don't think they're supernatural or what people who see them think they're are. I would guess it has something to do with interactions between the natural world and the mind, but nothing supernatural. Outside of it not being supernatural, I'd be suprised if anything I think has any truth to it.

I had a haunted NES once. It would occasionaly have voices speak during games. It would only happen when the console was turned on. I got rid of it quick, donated to a store to help the less fortunate. No telling where it's at now.

Yeah i've got quite a few.

My mom's aunt would hear 3 knocks whenever someone in the family would die. Her mother also heard the knocks. One night (this is in the early 1910's) she wakes up to see a headless person at the foot of her bed. The next day she finds out her sons friend was decapitated by a train right by there house.

My moms aunt heard 3 knocks and no one in our family died. My grandma and grandpa were comming back from vaction and the day after my grandpa had a heart attack in the driveway and died.

In my old house, while we were re modeling the entire upstairs. my mom had fallen asleep while at her computer and she felt someone rubbing her shoulders and when she turned around no one was there.

Another time my mom was was typing and glanced back and saw a man there in a white tshirt and he disappeared. That night she had a dream and her aunt was telling her not to be afraid and that he was a good spirit. My mom and step dad woke up at the same time and both had the exact dream. Even crazier was that my stepdad never met my moms aunt before and he described her to a t.

Probably about two weeks later we had family in town from Kansas and my little cousin (probably around 7 years old at the time) kept saying there was a man in the yard, no one really believed him cause we didnt see anyone and then we were looking through some family photos and my little cousin said thats the man i saw.

Only things i experienced were hearing voices throughout the house when no one was home. TVs would come on automatically sometimes.

After the remodeling was done, we stopped hearing things and seeing things. It was pretty strange, and all true even if they are hard to believe

[quote name='Supernothing']I had a haunted NES once. It would occasionaly have voices speak during games. It would only happen when the console was turned on. I got rid of it quick, donated to a store to help the less fortunate. No telling where it's at now.[/quote]
you should have put it on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8176591365&rd=1

OP... All these people in white cloaks... Are you sure you just don't live in Alabama? :mrgreen:

I've had tons of odd run ins. My great grandmother died when I was really young. I hardly even remember her. She never visited me personally, but my mom was driving once and saw here sitting next to her in the passenger seat. She saw her in other places too from time to time and thought she was going nuts. Then she went to bring it up to my uncle to see if it had happened to her. "So the old girl has been checking up on you, too, eh?" was his response...
My old bedroom used to be on the top floor of a very old house. I know houses are supposed to creak during the night, but this was odd. Almost every night and several times per, the stairs to my room would creak, sequentially... They would start at the basement and work their way up to my door and then stop or work their way back down. It was indistinguishable from someone really walking on the stairs. I has my ex-gf in my room once with me and she started to scream. She said she saw someone go through my wall. Shes seen people in her own house run down the halls and through walls. She even has pictures.
My great grandfather lived with us for the last year of his life and actually died in our old house. The month leading to his death was filled with really weird stuff... I'd be sitting at my computer and I'd get a cold rush (sitting over a heat duct) and I'd hear *things* One time I put on my headphones to ignore it and I had this cold streak run across my back, left shoulder and left side of my face and I saw this white light shoot past my eye. It was like a snowman was leaning over my shoulder and pointing to my monitor.
My mom was lying in bed one night when she heard my little sister coming down the steps. She got to the bottom of the steps, walked around the bed and tapped her on the shoulder. When my mom opened her eyes, my sister wasn't there.

And then, I used to know this guy in hs that had more ghost stories that you could imagine...

There was this one time I was playing a ps1 game and left to go to school. When I came back there was a different game... No one else in my family even knew how to open the console.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Supernothing']I had a haunted NES once. It would occasionaly have voices speak during games. It would only happen when the console was turned on. I got rid of it quick, donated to a store to help the less fortunate. No telling where it's at now.[/quote]
you should have put it on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8176591365&rd=1
[/quote]

..that's what he was referencing :headache:

This thread has had me reflecting and thinking about experiences for the past hour, and i've went through yet another night of sleeplessness.

Oh, by the way, remember earlier when I mentioned my dog would act up because I thought my grandfather's ghost came to say what's up? Yeah, well, overnight, she FREAKED out for some reason or another, totally ripped apart the doggy door and just.. annihlated everything.. as soon as I opened the garage door, she FLEW out of there, she was shaking so hard.. I am willing to bet she felt the ghost presence.

I took pictures of the door about two hours ago, when I let her out. I had heard her scratching, that was nothing new, but before I went to bed, it had grown into loud pounds (her running against the door I think) and loud scratching.. these pictures look like theyre straight out of a horror movie or something.. btw, this is a metal door.

gonna link them, they're huge pics and I don't want people seeing them that don't want to.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000594.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000595.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000596.jpg (all the stuff on the right is the crap she busted up)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000597.jpg (not sure what to make of this, this is a trail from her food and water to the door. The water had her blood in it, so she had cut her paw sometime on the metal.)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000598.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/scorch/IM000599.jpg

..i had no idea my dog had that kind of strength.. something REALLY spooked her.

and now my dog is acting really really weird.. she acts like she's in pain (obviously) but is scared to do even normal activities.. very strange indeed.

[quote name='Scorch']and now my dog is acting really really weird.. she acts like she's in pain (obviously) but is scared to do even normal activities.. very strange indeed.[/quote]

Maybe she should go to the vet, she might have got something caught in her paw if she cut it.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='Scorch']and now my dog is acting really really weird.. she acts like she's in pain (obviously) but is scared to do even normal activities.. very strange indeed.[/quote]

Maybe she should go to the vet, she might have got something caught in her paw if she cut it.[/quote]

Logic has no place here. Begone.

[quote name='A7las']I have my own ghost stories, but I find this one to be much more scary... My ex-girlfriend's cousin had just graduated college and she decided that she wanted to get away from everything and go camping by herself. I can't remember where it was because I was told this by my ex-girlfriend's mom when we were still going out... about 3 years ago. Her mom is really serious so there is no doubt about the authenticity... BUT ANYWAY, she planned on photographing everthing while she was out there for about 3 days. When she came back and developed her film there were pictures of her sleeping in her tent! Now, she was out in the middle of no where and she never saw anyone else the whole time that she was out there. Either it was a ghost or, even more scary, it was a real person. Now she never woke up in the middle night to having her picture taken, so whoever did it was very very quiet and managed to get in her tent and take the photo without her waking up.[/quote]

That's messed up. (assuming it's the truth...)

I don't have any personal stories to share, but I wanted to chip in that there is a chinese belief that only certain people *can* see ghosts. Note that this has nothing to do with whether they're afraid of ghosts or not. Our whole family once went to be "read" by someone who would calculate (don't ask) one's chances of being such a person, and two of us (not me) were in the "danger" range. And only those two have seen unexplainable things over the years.

I had a haunted NES too! When I would put the cartridge in the system weird ghostlike figures would come on the tv screen. Then I would have to take the cartridge out and blow on it. After that the game would work! I think I probably was blowing the ghosts out of the cartridge or something.
Also I had a possessed Virtual Boy. I bought my Nintendo Virtual boy the day it came out and took it home to play it. When I played it it was all in red and looked devilishy semi-3D. I ran back to the store the same day, only to learn that they dont make or sell Virtual Boys. The store told me there is no such thing. Scared the hell outta me!
Oh, yeah I had a similar haunting experience with a 3DO...but I won't go into that now.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='A7las']I have my own ghost stories, but I find this one to be much more scary... My ex-girlfriend's cousin had just graduated college and she decided that she wanted to get away from everything and go camping by herself. I can't remember where it was because I was told this by my ex-girlfriend's mom when we were still going out... about 3 years ago. Her mom is really serious so there is no doubt about the authenticity... BUT ANYWAY, she planned on photographing everthing while she was out there for about 3 days. When she came back and developed her film there were pictures of her sleeping in her tent! Now, she was out in the middle of no where and she never saw anyone else the whole time that she was out there. Either it was a ghost or, even more scary, it was a real person. Now she never woke up in the middle night to having her picture taken, so whoever did it was very very quiet and managed to get in her tent and take the photo without her waking up.[/quote]

That's messed up. (assuming it's the truth...)[/quote]

Oh yeah its true... after being told that I swore to NEVER go out camping in the woods by myself.

Scorch- Was there a bad storm or anything like that? We actually have to give my dog pills to sedate him because he freaks out during thunder storms. One time we didn't know it was going to storm and we left him out back (he's an inside dog). Well he tore out a screen window and jumped through the window. The worst part was that he was covered in mud, and you could see where he had run frantically around the house leaving a trail of mud and devastation in his wake.

[quote name='RBM']I don't have any personal stories to share, but I wanted to chip in that there is a chinese belief that only certain people *can* see ghosts. Note that this has nothing to do with whether they're afraid of ghosts or not. Our whole family once went to be "read" by someone who would calculate (don't ask) one's chances of being such a person, and two of us (not me) were in the "danger" range. And only those two have seen unexplainable things over the years.[/quote]

Yeah, my aunt sees ghosts ALOT. I don't know if it helps that she lives practically right next to a cemetery. Whereas I've only ever seen two ghosts, but they were both at the same time.

[quote name='RBM']I don't have any personal stories to share, but I wanted to chip in that there is a chinese belief that only certain people *can* see ghosts. Note that this has nothing to do with whether they're afraid of ghosts or not. Our whole family once went to be "read" by someone who would calculate (don't ask) one's chances of being such a person, and two of us (not me) were in the "danger" range. And only those two have seen unexplainable things over the years.[/quote]

I agree with that 100 percent. There are 6 people in my family, and only my mom and I ever had ghostly encounters. Oddly enough, only people from my moms side of the family have had experiences while my dads side hasn't. My grandma has had a really disturbing encounter several years ago:

They lived in the same house for several years, possibly dating back to the 1930's. Anyhow, my grandma once told me that she heard noises coming from her bathroom. She opened the door, and saw this little girl dancing in her bathtub. The little girl kept dancing away, but suddenly fell down and appeared to have a nasty fall. My grandma moved closer to the tub expecting to see a sick injury, but found no one in the bathtub.

Sure enough, prior to them owning the house (which must have been in the 1920s or 1930s, I'm not sure), a little girl died in the house from cracking her head open when falling in that exact same bathtub.

Also, why would anyone want to camp in the woods alone?

[quote name='manofpeace20']
Also, why would anyone want to camp in the woods alone?[/quote]

Good question. You know those environmentalists, they like to be one with nature. Maybe more than one person is a party?
But seriously, she was going to get away from everything and just enjoy nature. So I can understand why she would do it, but I know that I never would.

When my grandparents died, my mother and her various brothers and sisters went through their things, and each got to keep some of the stuff. My mother came across a few photos of my grandparents, standing in front of their first house together. My grandmother had written a note in her journal about the day. My grandparents went to the new house alone, only bringing one cameraman, so he could take a few photos for the paper. After he took the photos, he left. When we looked at the pictures, there were many children in the photos with my grandparents! They were greyish, but were fully endowed with bodies. It was very strange becuase they were in both pictures in different places! Some were in the windows, others were standing right next to them. It was very strange. I'm pretty sure my mom has the pictures still. Maybe I can get home some weekend and post them...

[quote name='Rig']When my grandparents died, my mother and her various brothers and sisters went through their things, and each got to keep some of the stuff. My mother came across a few photos of my grandparents, standing in front of their first house together. My grandmother had written a note in her journal about the day. My grandparents went to the new house alone, only bringing one cameraman, so he could take a few photos for the paper. After he took the photos, he left. When we looked at the pictures, there were many children in the photos with my grandparents! They were greyish, but were fully endowed with bodies. It was very strange becuase they were in both pictures in different places! Some were in the windows, others were standing right next to them. It was very strange. I'm pretty sure my mom has the pictures still. Maybe I can get home some weekend and post them...[/quote]

I would love to see these pictures.

There's a ghost in my house... and my wife keeps talking to her. I have only heard it walking past my room at night. once I think it pulled the covers off of me, but I was rolling over at the same time so I could be wrong and the sheets simply moved in a peculiar way.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Rig']When my grandparents died, my mother and her various brothers and sisters went through their things, and each got to keep some of the stuff. My mother came across a few photos of my grandparents, standing in front of their first house together. My grandmother had written a note in her journal about the day. My grandparents went to the new house alone, only bringing one cameraman, so he could take a few photos for the paper. After he took the photos, he left. When we looked at the pictures, there were many children in the photos with my grandparents! They were greyish, but were fully endowed with bodies. It was very strange becuase they were in both pictures in different places! Some were in the windows, others were standing right next to them. It was very strange. I'm pretty sure my mom has the pictures still. Maybe I can get home some weekend and post them...[/quote]

I would love to see these pictures.[/quote]

I'm headed home this weekend (for Easter). I will try to find them.

[quote name='manofpeace20'][quote name='Rig']When my grandparents died, my mother and her various brothers and sisters went through their things, and each got to keep some of the stuff. My mother came across a few photos of my grandparents, standing in front of their first house together. My grandmother had written a note in her journal about the day. My grandparents went to the new house alone, only bringing one cameraman, so he could take a few photos for the paper. After he took the photos, he left. When we looked at the pictures, there were many children in the photos with my grandparents! They were greyish, but were fully endowed with bodies. It was very strange becuase they were in both pictures in different places! Some were in the windows, others were standing right next to them. It was very strange. I'm pretty sure my mom has the pictures still. Maybe I can get home some weekend and post them...[/quote]

I would love to see these pictures.[/quote]

I second the love.

One time towards the end of last year, I had woken up like at 3:55 AM scared ****less. I didn't have a nightmare or anything, that's just how I woke up. So the next morning, I tell my mom about it. Next, she tells me that my sister (lives downstairs from me) told her the same thing. So I go and talk to my sister about it, and she tells me she woke up at about the same time, and she was scared too. I still have no idea what happened, but it still freaked me out big time.

I've mainly experienced footsteps, coldspots, and orbs if you believe in those. I haven't seen an apparition yet. You guys might think I'm weird, but I have my own ghost hunting group. I've been doing investigations since '99 and we recently started a new group up. Right now we have eight members.

http://sigh.has.it is our page or http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ghost1 is the long URL. Sorry if I piss anyone off by posting our ghost hunting site on here. I figured it is sorta in topic and some people might be interested in it.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've mainly experienced footsteps, coldspots, and orbs if you believe in those. I haven't seen an apparation yet. You guys might think I'm weird, but I have my own ghost hunting group. I've been doing investigations since '99 and we recently started a new group up. Right now we have eight members.

http://sigh.has.it is our page or http://www.angelfire.com/il3/ghost1 is the long URL. Sorry if I piss anyone off by posting our ghost hunting site on here. I figured it is sorta in topic and some people might be interested in it.[/quote]
:rofl:

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='Scorch']and now my dog is acting really really weird.. she acts like she's in pain (obviously) but is scared to do even normal activities.. very strange indeed.[/quote]

Maybe she should go to the vet, she might have got something caught in her paw if she cut it.[/quote]

We've already called. That was the first thing we did. We aren't alone, though.. we called at like 8 or 9am and we were the sixth call regarding dogs that freaked out because of a storm last night..

Scorch- Was there a bad storm or anything like that? We actually have to give my dog pills to sedate him because he freaks out during thunder storms.

Sorta. Kinda. Not really. There were bad storms about 40 miles west of us.. when it got here, it hailed for like.. five or ten minutes, then left. The rest of the night it was quiet, didn't do anything. We're looking into pills to sedate her. It's not just last night, though, which leads me to believe there's something more to the issue.. she's been doing this off and on for the past few weeks and last night was the first time we've had any sort of percipitation (rain or otherwise) in a while.

Lately, i've just heard cracks in the house, nothing big.. sometimes i'll see an image for half a second, then it goes away as quick as it appears..

fyi - playing fatal frame at 4am in the dark doesnt help matters, either.

//edit - for the record, I think the whole orb thing is a bit crazy.

I have an actual video of an orb that flies around. However, if anyone read that pr0n topic from earlier than they will understand why no one else will ever get to see the video. If I had the video editing skills I would... ahem.. cut out the bottom half of the screen. However, I have no idea how to go about doing that. So yeah, I have an orb on video and can't show anyone!!

[quote name='A7las']I have an actual video of an orb that flies around. However, if anyone read that pr0n topic from earlier than they will understand why no one else will ever get to see the video. If I had the video editing skills I would... ahem.. cut out the bottom half of the screen. However, I have no idea how to go about doing that. So yeah, I have an orb on video and can't show anyone!![/quote]

You shot a ghost while making homebrew porn? :rofl:

I had a weird experience about 8 months ago at a lake here in New Mexico called Elephant Butte. Me and three of my buddies were out hanging around on the beach, bored off of our asses. Planning for the trip was more exciting then the actual being there. The lake is really REALLY low and we had no watercraft of any sort. So basically all we did was sit and stare at the lake at talk, well we were just sitting in our little cove looking at the lake and all of us were facing it. There was an RV next to us, and we thought nothing of it. Well, a few minutes later a decent sized pontoon boat was in front of us with people on it. We were all staring at the lake, and none of dozed or anything, we didn't see it pull up. All of us said the exact same thing, we saw nothing there and then the boat was there, very strange. These people were extremely mysterious, never said a word to us. It was about 50 feet from their RV to their boat and we NEVER once saw them walking to our from either vehicle.

This happened a couple more times, but we didn't think much of it. Then we all went to sleep and we were relatively close to this RV. Well these people drove the boat back in loaded it onto the trailer and drove off without a single one of us even hearing a peep. It was really bizzare. I've seen quiet people before, but this was extra weird.

[quote name='A7las']I have an actual video of an orb that flies around. However, if anyone read that pr0n topic from earlier than they will understand why no one else will ever get to see the video. If I had the video editing skills I would... ahem.. cut out the bottom half of the screen. However, I have no idea how to go about doing that. So yeah, I have an orb on video and can't show anyone!![/quote]

I have a vid too, but I don't know how to compress the size of it. It is only around 4 seconds long and the file size is around 8-12 MB.

I'm throwin a bump on this so people that missed this thread the first time it was around can add some of their own personal experiences.

you know ive never seen a ghost but one time i swear i saw one of the those things from critters in my basement, and theres an evil monkey in my closet

I own two perikeets they are always calmed exept when i get close to them and start shaking my hands and head or when i walk around them fast, pretty much any rough movement, but around two times i have seen them go crazy in their cage they start flying everywhere crashing against the nesting box , themselfs, and the cage walls i mean i can tell that something is not right and that they are really really scared when i see them doing this i look around for a dog or cat or something that might be bothering them but i dont own any other pets so i see nothing ,also both of them are always shaking as if they were cold or very scared well its not because they are cold because i have put them inside my closet i have turned of the ac they still shake, they might be scared because they might see something that i can't see,and im guessing that when they act really scared is because the ghosts are messing with them, i know that it's normal for birds to fly around their cages but mines don't usually do that , and when they do fly they are terrified

The ghost that likes to piss of samurais parakeets. time to secure those ghosts in a revolving glass hous with scriptures on the wall, save your parakeets from going insane, or maybe their telling you theres carbon monoxide in the house

[quote name='bignick']no ghost stories, but when I was on acid once, I talked to my cigarette for about an hour.[/QUOTE]
i would have killed to have seen that

These are some pretty good ghost stories. I only have one, and I find it more funny than scary but here goes. Growing up, my brother and I were best friends with our friend Cody down the street. We would constantly be over at his house or vice versa. Well several times while at Cody's, my brother and I would be playing NES or watching TV on one particular TV when it would just randomly switch to the Spanish TV station. At first we figured it was one of Cody's older brothers playing a trick on us, but about a year after it all started, we were the only one's at his house and it changed to the Spanish station 3 times in one hour. A couple more details about it were that it only ever happened to this one TV that was at the bottom of their stairs. It had your old, basic cable box and Cody's family never had a remote for it for as long as I hung out there, which was over 10 years. And the amazing thing is during the 10 years, the cable company changed the channel numbers at least 3 times, and it would amazingly change to the correct channel every time.

I have not had any encounters like this that I know of. Sometimes when my boss is not there and his office is dark and locked the lights suddenly come on for about 20 minutes then shut off again. I have seen this happen many times, and it still freaks me out since it is pretty random when it happens.

[quote name='manofpeace20']Scariest encounter: I was about 12 or 13 at the time and was left home alone with my youngest brother during the day while my parents went out. He was a baby, and I had to watch him in his crib. I sat in the room reading a magazine, when I heard heavy footsteps leading up the stairs. At the top of the stairs is a door, and I heard it open and then slam shut with alot of force. Then I heard heavy footsteps approach the room my brother and I were in. Then as it reached the door the footsteps stopped. At this point I was terrified. What happened next still gives me the creeps. The lights in the room flickered on and off. I thought whatver it was was coming to kill me, but then it just stopped.[/QUOTE]

Sounds more like a poltergeist then a ghost. Most poltergeists occur around pubescent teenagers and menopausal women.

Interesting thread. I tried to post this a week and a half ago, but the cag website kept crashing, then I went to florida for a week. Man, the south is WAY scarier than a ghost anyday of the week.

The only thing I can remember was when I was a kid: something used to pull my hair EVERY night in the middle of the night. I told my mom about it, but it kept happening. Finally one night I reached back and pulled, only to find a white glove. (No, it wasn't Michael Jackson.) Looking back on it years later, I figured it had to have been a hand. My mom said that when I told her I saw someone dressed as a "clown" in my bedroom, she finally went to see a local psychic. The psychic told her it was a young boy who died on my bed during the colonial period from some illness who was simply "playing" with me.
The boy was dressed in clothes from the era, hence why I though he looked like a clown. She told her to open a window in my bedroom and demand the boy to leave, to go to the light. After that, the hair-pulling stopped.

Also, I grew up near Gettysburg, where 50,000 or so soldiers died over three days in a
small area of land. There's some books called Ghosts of Gettysburg that detail some of the many, many accounts of weird stuff happening there. I know a few people that went to college there, and said that after living in that town, weird stuff like that doesn't even phase them anymore. I always enjoy doing those ghost tours in Gettysburg, Williamsburg, St. Augustine, etc.

If you want to see a ghost, try buying an old house someday, or get some historical memoriablia or antiques.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Also, I grew up near Gettysburg, where 50,000 or so soldiers died over three days in a
small area of land. There's some books called Ghosts of Gettysburg that detail some of the many, many accounts of weird stuff happening there. I know a few people that went to college there, and said that after living in that town, weird stuff like that doesn't even phase them anymore. I always enjoy doing those ghost tours in Gettysburg, Williamsburg, St. Augustine, etc.

If you want to see a ghost, try buying an old house someday, or get some historical memoriablia or antiques.[/QUOTE]

Yah I went to school in Williamsburg - some freaky stuff goes on out there. Ironically enough, I only became interested in the paranormal later. Never been too fascinated with ghosts though.

bread's done
Back