Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3/360) unadvertised sale, in-store only, $29.99

Zippon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I searched and couldn't find any mention of this.

AC:B for both consoles (did not check the PC price) had a shelf sticker stating $30 off until 4/2/11. Price was $29.99.

Each store had just one copy for each system in the plastic prisons. I don't know if additional copies were stashed elsewhere.

I did not buy any for myself, but the shelf tag was identical at all stores and very clear. I can't imagine them not honoring the price. This was in Texas.

Was it a blue tag indicated a price adjustment to match an out of stock sale item? If not... im out the door.

nice find i bet its discontinued and they put it sale to sell it no clearance that way target is a horrible company hate them more then gamestop

[quote name='fujimitsu']Was it a blue tag indicated a price adjustment to match an out of stock sale item? If not... im out the door.[/QUOTE]

It was a standard tag with the red border, I believe. Definitely no blue on it.

Looked like any other sale tag. I almost walked right by it.

I'm thinking it's a temporary cut since they still stock ACII. I thought Brotherhood was selling well.

Wasn't a GOTY announced for AC: Brotherhood or was it ACII ? :bouncy:

edit: Yeah Brotherhood sold very well and got great reviews, the best in the series.

[quote name='Zippon']It was a standard tag with the red border, I believe. Definitely no blue on it.

Looked like any other sale tag. I almost walked right by it.

I'm thinking it's a temporary cut since they still stock ACII. I thought Brotherhood was selling well.[/QUOTE]

Just picked it up.

Just to clarify it IS a temporary price cut (the yellow signs). Didn't read the exact length of the promotion but they're usually a month or more. Not a bad price at all IMO.

if it's not in the ad, it's probably just a temporary price cut. Of which it's a pretty good one if I may say myself. It's certainly not a discontinuation at this point though. Of which, usually that would be changed on a monday anyway.

It is a Temp Price Cut. I think the best part of this is that just yesterday, AC:B was one of the games on the B1G1 50%, effectively making it a nondeal for whoever bought AC:B + other game.

[quote name='orochi']It is a Temp Price Cut. I think the best part of this is that just yesterday, AC:B was one of the games on the B1G1 50%, effectively making it a nondeal for whoever bought AC:B + other game.[/QUOTE]

b1g1 50% off would make the price of two $60 games $90. Making the games $45 each. Couple that with the fact that you'd need to buy two $60 games that are way cheaper elsewhere and this is way better.

Did I miss it or does the title and the OP not tell you which merchant is having the sale? I see other posts referring to Taget but maybe that should be added.

[quote name='icarusmight']Did I miss it or does the title and the OP not tell you which merchant is having the sale? I see other posts referring to Taget but maybe that should be added.[/QUOTE]

Title has the Target icon.

[quote name='icarusmight']Did I miss it or does the title and the OP not tell you which merchant is having the sale? I see other posts referring to Taget but maybe that should be added.[/QUOTE]

The post icon is a target logo.

Hope Amazon PM's this quick! Been wanting this game ever since it came out! Just had other things to get at the time.

[quote name='XF Gator']Any recommendations on how to PM @ Best Buy? It's not online, that would be too easy.[/QUOTE]

I was successful using a pic from a phone that clearly showed the game and the tag.

Confirmed, i tried to take a picture of it but the store clerk stopped me (weird)

But it is temporary and it is 29.99

Great deal for those who still doesn't have it.

Brotherhood is discontinued because of this,

ss_preview_ACB_DV_X360_slipcase_UK_2D.jpg.jpg

[quote name='triggap']Got it at my local Target before I saw this thread. Temporary price cut.

Pretty good deal[/QUOTE]
me too. :) Came to post it, but too late.

[quote name='MattyB']Greece store in Rochester, NY had it for $29.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks a lot. Didn't even know we had people in Rochester, NY. :cool:

Crap... I made it there right before they closed and it was on sale, but sold out. And of course every other store in a 25 mile radius had one except this store.

Oh well. I also noticed the sale tag said it was valid until 4/2, so I'm not going to be too hasty about going back to get another. I thought maybe this was a one day or one week only thing.

[quote name='Indignate']Brotherhood is discontinued because of this,

[/QUOTE]

Interesting but I'd doubt that's the sole reason.

[quote name='Indignate']Brotherhood is discontinued because of this,

[/QUOTE]

I just fucking bought this game :bomb:

I'm never buying another UbiSoft game again until it's been out for a year.

[quote name='icedrake523']I just fucking bought this game :bomb:

I'm never buying another UbiSoft game again until it's been out for a year.[/QUOTE]

It is a well known fact that every Ubisoft game can be found for about $20.00 six months after release. So, any CAG that bought and enjoyed the game close to the launch window, should not complain.

Those that bought it recently...well, you should know better.:cool:

[quote name='icedrake523']I just fucking bought this game :bomb:

I'm never buying another UbiSoft game again until it's been out for a year.[/QUOTE]
The slightly less than ethical solution is to buy a new one for $30, then return that sealed copy to the place you bought the 1st copy from and get a refund.

YEMV
(Your ethics may vary)

[quote name='icarusmight']Thanks for the clarification. Guess those icons don't appear when looking at the mobile version of the site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning this. I was trying to fit a lot into the subject line and used the icon as a shortcut. I wasn't aware it doesn't show up on the mobile version. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Great price but with my backlog so big now, I will have to pass. By the time I get ready to play it, it should be less than 20 bucks and the CE should be around $30 to $40.

[quote name='25MVPKing']The slightly less than ethical solution is to buy a new one for $30, then return that sealed copy to the place you bought the 1st copy from and get a refund.

YEMV
(Your ethics may vary)[/QUOTE]

I bought it at Amazon, so after sales tax and cost to return it it'd be a wash at best. I'm more annoyed at the DLC being included if that does hit stateside.

[quote name='dragonjud']It is a well known fact that every Ubisoft game can be found for about $20.00 six months after release. So, any CAG that bought and enjoyed the game close to the launch window, should not complain.

Those that bought it recently...well, you should know better.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I was holding out for it being cheaper than $35, but GameFly hasn't had their sales (best chance to get it cheap, IMO) and it was $35 a few weeks ago and I'd be able to play it during my break last week.

I do really like the AC series but it's just annoying. However, I'll be able to wait out on AC3 if it doesn't have a historical setting.

Think the price will boost back to 60 with the DLC in box??? Otherwise the DLC is 10, so 40 with the dlc on this one.

Personally, I don't really like DLCs...I hate getting asked to buy more game later. Also I'm usually sick of the game by then.

The multiplayer on this is suprisingly fun. I been keeping my eye on this game, but couldn't justify 60 bones for it, so thanks for the deal op.

when i use to work for target everything got discontinued for games quick, they dont care about selling games we use to have 60 dollar games on an endcap on a regular basis we use to lose 5-10 a week and sales didnt increase they didnt care, as long as the endcap was full. Didnt enjoy watching stock get stolen, when i did care about my job.

bread's done
Back