(DEAD) LOTR: Extended Edition [BD] + bonus portrait set - $68 @ WBShop.com

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update: Okay WB Shop dropped the Insider rewards discount to just 10% now, but you can still get 20% off your order with the code BDLIVE.. Use FREESHIP which gives you free shipping

http://www.wbshop.com/Lord-Of-The-Rings-Trilogy-BD-Extended-Edition/1000150857,default,pd.html

thought this deserved its own thread. I just got an email about a WB Shop exclusive version of LOTR extended edition that comes with a set of portraits. It's $84.95 on the website, but if you're a WB Insider member and sign in at wbshop.com, it drops the price down to just $63.71 (25% discount)

If you're not a WB Insider yet, simply sign up here for free and then go back to WB Shop and sign in: http://insiderrewards.warnerbros.com/

Note: if signing up directly at the insider site doesn't work, try signing up with wbshop.com first, and then use your WB ID at the insider site. I believe that's how I originally linked the two together.

Another suggestion from shrke:

[quote name='shrike4242']Trick is to log into your WB Insider account and then log into your WBShop.com account (with the same email address for both) after they've been linked. Once there, you see the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Apply the code FREESHIP to get free shipping. With tax it comes to like $69 for me. I believe that's cheaper than anywhere else.

lotrwb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope no code, this is what it says in the cart:

25% off DVD and Blu-ray Products for WB Insider Rewards members.

I had a WBshop.com account first, and I believe I just linked the two. So if signing up directly at the insider site doesn't work, try signing up with wbshop.com first, and then use your WB ID at the insider site.

Trick is to log into your WB Insider account and then log into your WBShop.com account (with the same email address for both) after they've been linked. Once there, you see the discounted price.

EDIT: On the link they sent in an email from WB Insider Rewards, the product landing page from the email link says "not combine-able with other offers", so I'm sure the 25% discount and the FREESHIP discount code may not work sometime in the future.

It works.

Final price = $69.61 + free ground shipping (use code: FREESHIP)

Create WBShop.com account --> Link WB Insider Rewards = 25% off

Any ideas as to why the insider website won't let me click continue when registering? I fill out all the info, check the box, the continue button becomes active, but when I click it nothing happens.

UPDATE: UGH! After about 30min of trying every device that has internet I own I finally got it to work by dumping my entire browser information. Thanks OP super excited for this. I got a baby on the way due early July so hopefully I'll get these just in time.

Are you charged when you pre-order? Or until bray ships?

@Bilbobagins3: Switch explorers. Google Chrome wasn't allowing me to click continue. Switched to safari and worked fine.

didn't open theatrical version yet, so might as well just dump that.

And i guess the DVD extended editions.....that i've still never watched, ha.

I preordered this and everything worked. $67.85 shipped because of tax. Now to sell my unopened LOTR blus for whatever they will go for.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on the deal and free ship code.

FYI, don't forget the $20/100 coupon SAVINGS--looks like I could order this and True Blood S3 BD and choose multiple shipments and still has free shipping on both shipments

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Any ideas as to why the insider website won't let me click continue when registering? I fill out all the info, check the box, the continue button becomes active, but when I click it nothing happens.

UPDATE: UGH! After about 30min of trying every device that has internet I own I finally got it to work by dumping my entire browser information. Thanks OP super excited for this. I got a baby on the way due early July so hopefully I'll get these just in time.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem in Firefox 4.0. The continue button did nothing.

Went to IE 7 and it worked fine there. But then I couldn't place my order in IE7 as on the payment page it kept saying I hadn't completed all sections when I had!

So went back to Firefox and placed the order with no problem. $68.82 for me so I'll cancel my Amazon preorder (can always order again if they happen to beat this price later on.

[quote name='alangee']Are you charged when you pre-order? Or until bray ships?

@Bilbobagins3: Switch explorers. Google Chrome wasn't allowing me to click continue. Switched to safari and worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Q: When will my credit card be charged?
A: Your card is not charged until your order ships. When you place an order with us, your card is authorized (but not charged) for the amount of the purchase. You are not charged until your order actually leaves our warehouse. If you did pay with a debit card or check card, you may notice that the funds are held from your account for a few days and then released back to you if your order hasn't shipped. These funds are not transferred to us until your order ships, they are just held by the bank during this period.

http://www.wbshop.com/faq/FAQ,default,pg.html

I placed an order:

LoTR Trilogy pre-order
Supernatural S2 Blu pre-order
Some $3 filler DVD
$85 shipped with SAVINGS

Didn't think about Tru Blood S3 - oh well. Have all the seasons of Supernatural on BR and that damn S2 is holding me up from watching.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I placed an order:

LoTR Trilogy pre-order
Supernatural S2 Blu pre-order
Some $3 filler DVD
$85 shipped with SAVINGS

Didn't think about Tru Blood S3 - oh well. Have all the seasons of Supernatural on BR and that damn S2 is holding me up from watching.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to preorder Being Human S3 with it, but the total was just short, like 99.70, so went with True Blood S3.

[quote name='shrike4242']Trick is to log into your WB Insider account and then log into your WBShop.com account (with the same email address for both) after they've been linked. Once there, you see the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Shrike, how do we link our WB Insider accounts with our WBshop account? i tried looking on both sites but can't find anything... or does it appear only on my first purchase from WBShop?

edit: nevermind. got the discount.. i had to logout from the WBshop & re-login again for the discount to kick in. thanks :)

I'm getting a 10% not 25% discount. Hmm... and I cleared my data and re-logged in, first from the insider site then to wbshop.

Also to clarify... there's just 1 edition of the EEs? i got the impression there was this version and a version with more discs?

[quote name='squll']Use "XB692" for 20% off[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the code...$73.91 after taxes. Better than Amazon but I'm still debating.

dammit, I can't believe they killed off the general 25% discount for wb insider members. If anything they could have just put a rule in place to have it not work on pre-orders, or specific rules for this LOTR set.

Anyway, I've updated the op. Stacking the 20% with SAVINGS is probably the best route. For instance, if you have 2 LOTR sets in your cart, the total before taxes is $116, or $58 each.

[quote name='ssjmichael']dammit, I can't believe they killed off the general 25% discount for wb insider members. If anything they could have just put a rule in place to have it not work on pre-orders, or specific rules for this LOTR set.

Anyway, I've updated the op. Stacking the 20% with SAVINGS is probably the best route. For instance, if you have 2 LOTR sets in your cart, the total before taxes is $116, or $58 each.[/QUOTE]

i put in both codes and i see $135.92 before taxes

Wasn't able to fully take the order to completion since I'm at work, but I was getting a "cannot be combined" error when entering FREESHIP. Is there a certain order to apply these coupon codes?

I got the LOTR set and the TMNT movie bundle for $88 using the XB692 and SAVINGS coupons. I also got free shipping, I guess because the original total was over $100. Thanks CAG!

So what happens if I combine a pre-order with an item that's available? Will they ship the available item now, or will they hold it until the pre-order ships?

[quote name='arcane93']So what happens if I combine a pre-order with an item that's available? Will they ship the available item now, or will they hold it until the pre-order ships?[/QUOTE]If you tell them to ship with as few shipments as possible, they'll hold it all until all items are available. Otherwise, they'll ship as items become available and bill your credit card with the portion of the order that the shipping items are from the original order.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you tell them to ship with as few shipments as possible, they'll hold it all until all items are available. Otherwise, they'll ship as items become available and bill your credit card with the portion of the order that the shipping items are from the original order.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, looks like they want an extra $5 shipping to ship the items as they become available, though. Oh well, I guess I'm not really in a hurry for the other items that I added, as I probably wouldn't have gotten around to picking them up before then anyway.

Ordered the LOTR set, The Maltese Falcon, and Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol for $80.68 total after the various coupons were applied. Not bad!

[quote name='joeboosauce']Is this the final version to be released?!?!? I doubt it![/QUOTE]

Probably not, but I doubt that we'll see another version at the very least until the second Hobbit movie comes out on blu-ray (at which point maybe we'll see an incredibly expensive complete set), which means that you're looking at early-to-mid 2014 at the soonest (assuming there are no more delays in production). And what will that have? A few more special features? I, for one, don't need any more special features, thanks. :lol:

The next version that will be significantly different will be the 3D conversions, if indeed they ever happen. Probably looking at 2016 or later with those.

Alternately, if BDXL catches on, maybe there will be a version that puts the movies on single discs instead of splitting them. Given that there aren't even any BDXL players on the market yet, though, that could be a while too. And all that will really save you is having to switch discs half-way through.

While you're at it, want to wait for the UHDTV version? That format should start to roll out somewhere between 2016 and 2020. Of course this blu-ray version isn't coming out until after blu-ray players have been on the market for five years, so look at 2021 to 2025 for the UHDTV version to come out if they follow a similar trend.

So yeah, there will be other versions, no doubt. Do you really want to wait for them?

I cannot get the XB692 code to work for the life of me. I get the 10% off with Insider membership, but the total is still $76.45 for one. When I try to order two with SAVINGS, it takes off the 10% Insider coupon. What gives? Anybody else having this problem?

I can't get any code to work except for FREESHIP. Help!!

EDIT: I got the -$20 code to work... but not with XB692. For me, it says XB692 is expired. Dead??

What is the code for the 10% though? It was removed from the OP...

I can't make an Inside Rewards account. Isn't working...

EDIT: I changed browser and it worked.

Are the coupon codes dead???? Shit.....

[quote name='tranceFusion']Is this thing seriously 15 discs?[/QUOTE]

I think so but it's because they are putting all the extra features on DVDs and splitting the movies into 2 BRDs each. So 6 blu-ray discs and 9 DVDs. That is kind of obnoxious why not just throw all the extras on one or two BRs?

The publishers seem to justify higher prices with higher numbers of discs, so maybe that's the motivation here. I used to rip all my DVDs to hard drive and the number of TV show seasons that could have fit on half as many discs is surprising.

bread's done
Back