Okamiden plush & pillows available for pre-order @ SOTA Toys!

nekobi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Just a heads up for anyone who was looking to get one of the Okamiden plush or pillows Capcom sold at PAX, the company that makes them has them up for pre-order here:
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

okamidenplush.png

Okami Plush - Pre Order
$21.99
Estimated Shipping Date April 15th, 2011
http://www.sotatoysonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=302

okamidenpillow.png

Okami Pillow - Pre Order
$24.99
Estimated Shipping Date April 15th, 2011
http://www.sotatoysonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=303

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered both! I couldn't resist the cute puppies!~

Man, it must suck to have been one of the people on eBay who paid $150+ for one of these... D:

I would get both. Capcom says that they will put limited amounts of both the pillow and the plus on their website. People that went to PAX East said that they each ran for $40 dollars, so this is extremely cheap.

edit: THANKS OP! I'm glad I was able to get them, rather than running the risk of Capcom selling out.

Apparently some girl is trying to take advantage of their mass shipping on eBay. Purchased a large amount of them, and then discounted the plushies/pillows by 2 dollars. And is selling them with 6 dollar shipping.

I'm in for the pillow.

Ugh. Going to hold off for tonight incase I get Buyer's Remorse, I did just drop $1000 on a new computer. But chances are if it's still there in the morning I'm going to buy the pillow...

Man these cute things are my Achilles' Heel...

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Apparently some girl is trying to take advantage of their mass shipping on eBay. Purchased a large amount of them, and then discounted the plushies/pillows by 2 dollars. And is selling them with 6 dollar shipping.

I'm in for the pillow.[/QUOTE]

That's actually how I found out about these. I saw those auctions on eBay and was wondering where they got them, so I looked up the company and there they were!

Are these the same pillows as the ones Capcom is selling at conventions? Since I thought they were selling these.

Completely different.

[quote name='n1c0']Are these the same pillows as the ones Capcom is selling at conventions? Since I thought they were selling these.

Completely different.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, those were only available from the Capcom store in Japan. (Unfortunately)

[quote name='n1c0']Are these the same pillows as the ones Capcom is selling at conventions? Since I thought they were selling these.

Completely different.[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are the ones that they were selling at PAX East, and plan to sell again in their online store soon(tm).

The one you linked was the limited edition plush they sold in Japan. Dunno if it's making a return, but it's unlikely.

[quote name='nekobi']That's actually how I found out about these. I saw those auctions on eBay and was wondering where they got them, so I looked up the company and there they were![/QUOTE]

xD Think the seller is legit? Sure, 100+ feedback and at 100%, but the whole thing is iffy to me.

Damn, I was really hoping to finally pick up one of those at a decent price. I so regret not biting the bullet and ordering one when they were around 80 bucks so much!

Ordered both as soon as I saw this thread... Which meant I didn't yet read the discussion regarding the differences in this pillow versus the Japanese one. Oh well, I think it's still a fair price for a 16in plush/pillow, even if it seems less "stuffed."

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='62t']how much is shipping for both?[/QUOTE]
The site lists $6 flat rate for their cheapest option, labeled "Best Way." I don't know if that's supposed to be the name of a courier service, or what... (I ordered one of each and only paid $6 for s/h; no tax in FL; $52.98 total.)

If I recall correctly, next up was $14.xx for UPS Ground (YMMV, if price varies depending on shipping destination).

[quote name='Cheska19']I've never ordered from that webite, are they pretty legit?[/QUOTE]

SOTA's the people that make the plush/pillows. I consider that pretty legit.

Ordered myself a plush. Awesome they're cheaper shipped than getting them at PAX.

Awesome! Thanks OP. My wife loves Okami/Okamiden and has been dying for some sort of plush from the game. Hopefully she won't catch wind of this and it'll surprise her on arrival.

Ok, I see the mouth is different on the pillow here (sota) than from the convention. So thats settled for me.

How is the plush different? I think I see the neck is higher but thats prob just the picture - but is the mouth also different or is it that the sota one is smaller?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Bah, looks like the Plush is sold out.[/QUOTE]

really? wow, yeah. not showing up on the site anymore. maybe i should've gotten both, glad I got in for the plush at least though

[quote name='gryphter']really? wow, yeah. not showing up on the site anymore. maybe i should've gotten both, glad I got in for the plush at least though[/QUOTE]
Yea I kind of want both, but now I'm on the fence about getting just the pillow in case the plushie does come back and having to pay for shipping twice... :cold:

Heh, it looks like the plush is possibly already sold out? Or at least, the OP's link goes to a product not found, and it's not listed in the column to the left.

Also, I currently have a plush up on ebay. I uh... wonder how this will affect that.

I had a pillow in my cart, it wanted me to make an account. I do, and the pillow disappeared from my cart and is now sold out. Nice.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea I kind of want both, but now I'm on the fence about getting just the pillow in case the plushie does come back and having to pay for shipping twice... :cold:[/QUOTE]

you could probably make an order for each and then contact cust service to combine them. if not, I think the $6 shipping ($12 for 2 orders) is worth it in this case; especially since the plush is gone, I have a feeling these 2 items are staying on the rare side. who knows how long the pillow will be avail

[quote name='conspiracy1989']Picked up a plush from the Ebay seller who is selling them for $20 plus $6 shipping. Couldn't resist since they sold out so quickly on the Sota store.[/QUOTE]
Anddddddd sold out on ebay, too :cry: There are still 14 pillows left.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Thanks for the tip on the Ebay seller. Grabbed 2 before he sold out as well. Glad I woke up before 1pm today :)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Those on Ebay went quick too.

[quote name='conspiracy1989']No problem. Those on Ebay went quick too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe it was fate. So weird. I woke up like an hour ago. Went on my computer. The first thought in my head was to check Capcoms store to see if they were selling the plush yet. I have no idea why that was my first thought. I check every 3-4 days just in case. However instead I clicked on CAG forums first and low behold this was the first thread on top. Checked the store link and they were sold out, then saw your post and went to Ebay.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Yeah maybe it was fate. So weird. I woke up like an hour ago. Went on my computer. The first thought in my head was to check Capcoms store to see if they were selling the plush yet. I have no idea why that was my first thought. I check every 3-4 days just in case. However instead I clicked on CAG forums first and low behold this was the first thread on top. Checked the store link and they were sold out, then saw your post and went to Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I woke up and got on CAG but was disappointed to see the ones on the Sota Toys store were sold out. Then I read on the first page of the post that someone had them up on Ebay. So I rushed over there and bought it. Its such a great price comparing to other Ebayers who were selling them for 100-200 dollars and Capcom at Pax East who were selling them for 40 dollars.

Im not going to lie I bought one at PAX East for $40. A friend and I went in on it together. Since we couldnt cut it in half we sold it for $250 and donated just about all of the profit to Japan (gotta give back to a country that made you the game!). So now for half the price we can actually keep one of these.

I also have a feeling that Capcom will make a bunch more on their website. They arent dumb, they know how to milk the cash cow.

Im just hoping this Ebayer comes through.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Im not going to lie I bought one at PAX East for $40. A friend and I went in on it together. Since we couldnt cut it in half we sold it for $250 and donated just about all of the profit to Japan (gotta give back to a country that made you the game!). So now for half the price we can actually keep one of these.

I also have a feeling that Capcom will make a bunch more on their website. They arent dumb, they know how to milk the cash cow.

Im just hoping this Ebayer comes through.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats a great thing you donated the money to Japan. I don't think we have to worry about this seller because they have 100% feedback. Capcom will post these on their store but I have had such a hassle with their store recently that I will never order from them again.

Went ahead and preordered the pillow on eBay. Seller seems to have good feedback, but I'm still a bit iffy giving someone money for something that's not physically in their possession yet.

Anyone here preorder on eBay often?

[quote name='IanKazimer']Went ahead and preordered the pillow on eBay. Seller seems to have good feedback, but I'm still a bit iffy giving someone money for something that's not physically in their possession yet.

Anyone here preorder on eBay often?[/QUOTE]

Its a complete crapshoot because everyone is their own store. So you never know.

This person doesnt seem to sell anything ever so its a bit up in the air. However , at least the pre-order is only a couple weeks away from arrival so its not like you are waiting around for months.

[quote name='IanKazimer']True. Also seems easy enough to get money back from eBay in the event of a screw-over. Fingers crossed either way![/QUOTE]

Yeah, 100%. There are no worries on ebay as far as screw overs. Its very easy and hassle free to get money back etc.

bread's done
Back