Amazon: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Collector's Ed $29.99

This game should cost $10, since it lasts all of three hours which effectively makes it an arcade game in my books.

[quote name='croqoa']This game should cost $10, since it lasts all of three hours which effectively makes it an arcade game in my books.[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow and here I thought that 80 pt dlc was going to be a deal but if the game is that bad god.....

It's not really that the game is bad, it's the same as FU1 so if you enjoyed that game you'd probably enjoy this. But a 3 hour single player campaign is inexcusable, especially when they are clearly planning on releasing multiple DLC for it. I think the $1 Endor thing was because they realized how insulting it would be to consumers if they tried to charge full price for it.

It's insanely short with at least two pretty desperate backtracking sequences to extend the game.

It still has excellent production value and though they pretty much ruin the startkiller storyline, it's still better than the prequels.

The CE itself is a joke with only the steelbook as a saving grace. The Ewok DLC is plenty fun though for a dollar and a few hundred gamerscore.

Very tempted, since I got the $15 credit from buying the PC version of Sims Medieval yesterday...

/edit eh I can't say no to a CE for less than $15. Thanks (I hope lol) for posting OP!

[quote name='Fatbot3']
The CE itself is a joke with only the steelbook as a saving grace.[/QUOTE]

The CE also comes with a "Starkiller 2GB flash drive designed by Mimobot." I realize that 2GB isn't a lot these days, but it isn't tiny either. And if you buy one directly from Mimobot (they make a variety of Star Wars flash drives), it would cost you $23 plus shipping. So I don't see how you can say the steelbook is the only saving grace.

I'm a huge star wars fan, I loved TFU 1, but I stayed away from this game for the longest time due to the bad press. I finally caved and bought it last month and I loved it. There was a level that extended far longer than it should have, but other than that, I loved it. Fantastic graphics, pretty good story, and any star wars fan would love it.

This game isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Gameplay wise, it's exactly the same. So if you liked the first, you'll enjoy the second. If you play the game on a harder difficulty (which I did for achievements), it doesn't take you only 3 hours... Maybe on easy mode it takes 3 hours. The story was maybe only half as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it. I haven't played the Endor DLC because I traded my copy in when I beat it and I probably won't get it again for a single DLC, but I do recommend at least playing the game once for big fans of the first one.

Yeah, reviewers have a hard time understanding these games were made for diehard fans, so don't waste your time reading reviews. The story has always been weak for this series, but it's fucking Star Wars so I don't give a shit. If anything, I felt they improved the leveling experience and gave you more powers at the start (the way it should be) to have fun with. I honestly wouldn't say I liked one or the other more because they're practically the same game any way you look at it.

Ordered it for $27.xx for the ps3. I've been watching this drop a few cents every day for a few weeks. With my $16 credit, its well below what I had planned to pay for it.

[quote name='Darknuke']This game isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Gameplay wise, it's exactly the same. So if you liked the first, you'll enjoy the second. [/QUOTE]

I think that is what annoys me the most about this game though, is that it is exactly the same. What did they spend all their time on making this game, considering there is a total of one new ability (mind trick), I think less variety of enemies, only a few areas, and an insanely short campaign with a pretty miserable story. An extended story using existing game mechanics that lasts a few hours, and no multiplayer, sounds more like a $5-10 DLC for the original game than a full $60 retail price game.

The first was a lot better. While it's not a bad deal at $27, there is just no replay value in this game. Maybe when it hits the $5 bin.

Also, who would pay $23 for a 2gb stick? Especially when you can get 8gb cheaper.

To add to the game being short.. over a hour of that 3 hours is a boss fight with Vader that's VERY boring. I really enjoyed the first one... i DO NOT like the second one.

[quote name='flix1']Ordered it for $27.xx for the ps3. I've been watching this drop a few cents every day for a few weeks. With my $16 credit, its well below what I had planned to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've had this in my cart for a little over a week and every night about midnight est it's dropped another dollar or so. I figure a day or two more and it'll be just right at about $25 so it still qualifies with free shipping and a $20 credit that I need to spend.

great deal im a huge star wars fan almost bought it when it was down to 40 glad I didnt and yes its short but I think games like that gets old if it last 9 hours of hack and slash button masher.

So... I just purchased the item, but the debit card I'm using only has $16... the account will have $50 at 8:00 p.m. but I still added the game to my cart and proceeded to check out.

In a few minutes, Amazon is going to send me a message telling me that they have a problem with my payment. The reason why I still proceeded to check out even when I knew I didn't have enough funds is because I didn't want to miss the game for just $29...

If the game run out of stock or if the price increases during this day (until 8:00 p.m.) will Amazon respect the price? Will my plan work?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']So... I just purchased the item, but the debit card I'm using only has $16... the account will have $50 at 8:00 p.m. but I still added the game to my cart and proceeded to check out.

In a few minutes, Amazon is going to send me a message telling me that they have a problem with my payment. The reason why I still proceeded to check out even when I knew I didn't have enough funds is because I didn't want to miss the game for just $29...

If the game run out of stock or if the price increases during this day (until 8:00 p.m.) will Amazon respect the price? Will my plan work?[/QUOTE]

They give you 7 days to sort out any payment issues; you should be fine. And depending on your bank, the payment could still go through but you will have a negative balance. Since charges take a few days to post (before it's considered an overdraft), that negative balance would be offset by the money you deposit later.

[quote name='Trance Addix']They give you 7 days to sort out any payment issues; you should be fine. And depending on your bank, the payment could still go through but you will have a negative balance. Since charges take a few days to post (before it's considered an overdraft), that negative balance would be offset by the money you deposit later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for your response.

=)

[quote name='BingoBrown']The CE also comes with a "Starkiller 2GB flash drive designed by Mimobot." I realize that 2GB isn't a lot these days, but it isn't tiny either. And if you buy one directly from Mimobot (they make a variety of Star Wars flash drives), it would cost you $23 plus shipping. So I don't see how you can say the steelbook is the only saving grace.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those Mimobot USB keys are like flash drives for Star Wars fans who have too much money. They've always been crazy expensive vs regular flash drive. It would be a good deal for what ever random SW fan who actually collected them, but for me its still a non-deal. I'll wait to see if they release a sith edition like they did with the last one. And if they do I hope its not as hard to find as the first one.

[quote name='krashhole']The first was a lot better. While it's not a bad deal at $27, there is just no replay value in this game. Maybe when it hits the $5 bin.

Also, who would pay $23 for a 2gb stick? Especially when you can get 8gb cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You made me laugh so hard i sprung a leak. The point is the 2gb stick looks awesome and some people like something different that looks cool and is a nice collectable. I did not buy the CE for this 2gb stick i was like whatever but once i got it i was shocked and pleased i bought this CE for dirt cheap. The steal case is so awesome to bad i can not keep it displayed cause the art on both sides look so nice.

Also these sticks from this maker are good stuff. If you want to buy those cheap sticks and lose precious save data or what not go for it. I admit i like having a nice apartment and nice things. I would spend more if the product quality is the same or better and looks cooler in my place. My place looks nice and i like it being that way. Why care about game cases? You can store them in books we just like the way they look the same thing with the stick.

The ps3 one has over 1,000 units in stock unless they fixed being able to check their inventory. It's letting me add 999 to my cart.... 27,000 worth of shitty game!

Based on that I'm betting on it going lower.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Still haven't broken open my CE from Target clearance. I was figuring upon selling off some of the stuff to make my money back...[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was going to say. I've been meaning to put it on eBay, but I never find the time. I should probably do it soon while it still has some value.

[quote name='underdrifter']With a little effort and some luck you can find these at target for 19.99[/QUOTE]

More like a lot of luck, most of them have been bought up by now. They were all sold out within the first couple of days that they hit that price at my local targets. Anyway, I have a feeling these will hit at least $20 eventually fairly soon on Amazon so I don't think it's worth buying just yet.

Completely forgettable game, rental only on this one people. Or wait for the inevitable $5 price tag on the regular edition.

hopefully i didn't make a mistake paying 27.75 for it. I mean how low could it go? I've been watching it drop .50-1.00 every couple days for the past couple weeks

I got this at launch, and I enjoyed it. It may not be the longest game but if you like Star Wars I definitely recommend this game at this price.

If you collect Star Wars games, steelbooks, or just enjoy being a Force-weilding bad-ass, then go ahead and buy this CE.

If you just want to be a Force-weilding bad-ass and don't plan on ever replaying it, then just rent the game from somewhere.

If you care about a coherent or meaningful plot in any way, shape, or form, save your money and just 1) read the book adaptation at your local bookstore, and then 2) YouTube the two endings. You'll have a better idea of what the heck is supposed to be going on, and you'll save yourself some money.

Rented this game from gamefly and it's really awful. Steer clear but if you really want to play the game please don't buy it until it's sub $10. You'll feel really shitty for buying it for more than that.

That's funny, sotc.

For some sick, demented reason, I keep thinking about getting this game. Maybe it's the $20 credit burning a hole in my pocket and the delusional Star Wars fanboy in me desperately wanting a good SW game. But, I know better. Fool me once...

The game has its shortcomings, there's no doubt, but the graphics ARE fabulous. The water textures falling on the windows in the first level alone are gorgeous.

Alas it doesn't last long, but it's still one of the best looking games out there IMO.

I'm a sucker for steelbooks so I'll probably end up getting this game, but it seems to slowly be getting cheaper and cheaper on the PS3 so I can wait a bit.

[quote name='fortunado']Price dropped a few bucks on this to $26 & change for anyone still interested.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I hate when people round down, especially when the price is in the 90s. Its $26.93, closer to $27 NOT $26

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I'm sorry, but I hate when people round down, especially when the price is in the 90s. Its $26.93, closer to $27 NOT $26[/QUOTE]

Well, its 26.01 for PS3 and 26.93 for 360.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I'm sorry, but I hate when people round down, especially when the price is in the 90s. Its $26.93, closer to $27 NOT $26[/QUOTE]

In his defense, he did say 26 & change :roll:

bread's done
Back