GGT 107: Today's PSN Update: Your Passwords And Credit Card Numbers

hankmecrankme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Hax.

You might want to change them and watch for fraudulent charges.

207_ItonlydoesSP.gif

[quote name='distgfx']Also, make sure you switch to BroBox Live, forever.[/QUOTE]

I'm a hipster, but I can hear the call of the Bro side.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm a hipster, but I can hear the call of the Bro side.[/QUOTE]

Paying for Live >>>> dealing with headaches.

Sony needs to outsource their network shit to somebody else, somebody that knows what they are doing.

This GGT title is EXTREMELY misleading and sensationalistic.

I will say, this thread is completely disgusting. The OP deserves to die, end of story.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Paying for Live >>>> dealing with headaches.

Sony needs to outsource their network shit to somebody else, somebody that knows what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Like a gorilla.

I hope that PSN comes back with new security measures, like requiring you to authorize your system using your social security number.

[quote name='seanr1221']With all this news, I hugged my xbox and pushed the PS3 into the trash.[/QUOTE]

I sat on my PC and wondered why we still buy gaming bricks in 2011.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I sat on my PC and wondered why we still buy gaming bricks in 2011.[/QUOTE]

Because we don't have things like BBCS2, TTT2, T6, SFxT, TxSF, AH3, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc. on PC. If we did, I wouldn't even bother with them.

[quote name='manthing']This GGT title is EXTREMELY misleading and sensationalistic.

I will say, this thread is completely disgusting. The OP deserves to die, end of story.[/QUOTE]

How? It's on the PSN blog that personal information was compromised (including user names, passwords, addresses) and that credit card info may have been compromised. Apparently, they stored all that info in plain text..

This is honestly unacceptable. They should have notified people of this earlier.

fuck all this shit, I'm going back to my Playstation and SNES.

[quote name='manthing']This GGT title is EXTREMELY misleading and sensationalistic.

I will say, this thread is completely disgusting. The OP deserves to die, end of story.[/QUOTE]
I'm eating friend buffalo wings right now, in honor of this post.

[quote name='whoknows']You don't need to worry about your information being stolen on PSN people.

I blogged about why. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=21113[/QUOTE]
I'm glad we have CAGs like you on this site, providing us with precious info and calming the masses.

If I could give you a medal, I would.

[quote name='seanr1221']With all this news, I hugged my xbox and pushed the PS3 into the trash.[/QUOTE]
I pushed mine into a box and sent it to Amazon.

+$190.50 to me. :bouncy:

[quote name='distgfx']Like an Indian.[/QUOTE]
Fixed. They work for Dell, why not Sony?

[quote name='Halo05']I hope I can get in on the upcoming lawsuit. This is causing me pain and suffering.[/QUOTE]
Amen. We need compensation. I haven't been able to play Socom 4 at all. :cry:

The grief is unbearable.

[quote name='distgfx']Because we don't have things like BBCS2, TTT2, T6, SFxT, TxSF, AH3, Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc. on PC. If we did, I wouldn't even bother with them.[/QUOTE]

Amen. So much truth it hurts.

At least you can get those on Xbox 360, the superior system. Don't have to worry about my info getting swiped on there, unlike PSN. :nottalking:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm eating friend buffalo wings right now, in honor of this post.
[/QUOTE]

hi-5

[quote name='Chacrana']Keep reelin' 'em in, manthing.[/QUOTE]

:cool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Fixed. They work for Dell, why not Sony?[/QUOTE]

Because a gorilla knows a thing or two about brute force break ins.

[quote name='icebeast']I hugged my Wii... ;)[/QUOTE]

I hugged your wii too.

[quote name='distgfx']Because a gorilla knows a thing or two about brute force break ins.
[/QUOTE]
So do black people. So perhaps Sony should hire them? :whistle2:k

WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
[quote name='seanr1221']Wii is truly the safest system. Hackers tried to get it, but the cup and string method hasn't advanced far enough.[/QUOTE]
Oh man. . .what if our Friend Codes got compromised?

I don't want to even imagine that scenario. Real 2012 Apocalypse Now style shit.

Now I am worried about the whole PS3 thing. I have such great luck. I bet this fucks up everyone's trophies/account. My cc wasn't on file I don't believe. Even if it was it was my paypal debit card with no money there and not linked to anything so that's fine.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Oh noes!!! Not my trophies!!! :cry:

I'm going to go kill myself now.[/QUOTE]

I know you don't give a shit, but seriously if they are gone. I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Has anyone heard from Cheska?

I SAID HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM CHESKA?!??!?!?[/QUOTE]

She is MIA, repeat, MIA. No word yet.

I will pray for her safety.

Trophies most likely will not be affected since they are unlocked on the PS3 then uploaded to a server.

Annoyed I can't play Socom 4, but most likely a patch will be released by the time the PSN comes back online.

Fools need to remember, it was Easter weekend. Sony isn't going to ask people to come work on a religious weekend.

Needs to be fried peeps.

/edit: Christmas isn't a religious holiday. American holiday invented to help boost the economy by spending more than usual. Usually dubbed "the time of giving."

[quote name='j-cart']Trophies most likely will not be affected since they are unlocked on the PS3 then uploaded to a server.

Annoyed I can't play Socom 4, but most likely a patch will be released by the time the PSN comes back online.

Fools need to remember, it was Easter weekend. Sony isn't going to ask people to come work on a religious weekend.[/QUOTE]

I'm still annoyed I can't play mk online. Wish I would have waited and bought it later on. Otherwise I wouldn't care so bad that psn was down.

Yeah, trophies are annoying. That damn notification needs to die. I don't give a fuck that I completed some arbitrary task that some asshole mandated unlock one of these pointless trophies.

We wouldn't need trophies/achievements if more games were good enough to justify playing on their own.

Has anyone gotten an email from Sony about this? I mean.. you'd think they would be emailing people to let them know that their info is stolen.

Or maybe their PR staff are on vacation?

Wow, this thread is moving faaaaast. I was on Twitter and saw all the PSN stuff, hopefully they give me some free shit for the hassle I'm going to have to go through to cancel my card.

Also, I love achievements.

I love them so, so dearly.

bread's done
Back