Portal 2 (360 & PS3) - $39.99 new, $34.99 used (4/30 thru 5/6) at GameStop

choffy21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Portal 2 is $40 new on the Xbox 360 and PS3, $35 used this week at Gamestop.

Just a heads up, if you get the right employee, have them try to look up "*backupcode" in the system, and they can print you off an extra Roll Cage skin pre-order code. Many employees are unaware of this, but I've done it for tons of people at my store (also works for the Mortal Kombat Scorpion code and SOCOM 4 map and shotgun codes).

EDIT: I will print out codes for those of you who tried to get the codes for the Roll Cage but didn't. Send me a PM with a picture of the receipt with proof you didn't get a skin and I'll try to get one for you. No idea how many I'll be able to get, so it'll be first come, first serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='onyzukae']BORDERLANDS goty(ps3) it was 19.99 new............. right?

not any more???[/QUOTE]
Right. The sale ended the 24th.

Dude thank you so much for the heads up. I was wanting to get this from amazon with the $20 a couple weeks back but was wanting to get it at gamestop cause I have so much credit there. Does anyone know if it has split screen?

[quote name='choffy21'] Not bad if you missed out on any of the credit deals on Amazon or Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

And if you did get the BB deal either get another $5 or $20 back with a GS price match.

Portal 2 $45 + $10 giftcard + $10 pre-order = +$5 w/pm

Portal 2 $60 + $10 giftcard + $10 pre-order = +$20 w/pm

Basically, Portal 2 for $40 + $20 credit on day 1.

Edit:kmart will have it on sale for $35 so pm them instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of wished I'd waited, I beat the single player mode, but I've only put a couple of hours into the co-op because of the whole PSN thing.

[quote name='karyadi']If you already bought the game from Best buy, can you still price match it?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, 30 days from the purchase date or 45 days if your a RZ silver.

hey op, i have this preordered and am wondering will the preorder skins still print out at purchase or do they have to do this backupcode thing?

[quote name='handsome_bitch']hey op, i have this preordered and am wondering will the preorder skins still print out at purchase or do they have to do this backupcode thing?[/QUOTE]

I am not the OP, but if you are picking up a pre-order it will print out regardless. Should not have a problem getting your DLC.

really don't understand how Valve thought that $60 was a reasonable asking price for this game. from what i've heard it's not all that much longer than the original.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']really don't understand how Valve thought that $60 was a reasonable asking price for this game. from what i've heard it's not all that much longer than the original.[/QUOTE]

It's an excellent game with both single and coop lasting around 8 hours or so. I got it from Amazon and feel it was a great value.

Is this for new or used copies of the game? I'll definitely snag it if it is new, I want the PS3 version so I can get the included PC download.

TC, if you could post pics, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I picked Portal 2 up used yesterday and it was marked 47.99, so I am guessing this is for new. With that in mind, I am totally returning my used copy and gabbing a new one.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']really don't understand how Valve thought that $60 was a reasonable asking price for this game. from what i've heard it's not all that much longer than the original.[/QUOTE]

Original was like, two hours for me. Single player took around 7, and co-op might have taken a little more. It does have different puzzles and it expands on the story, so it's not like co-op is just there for the hell of it.

Only reason the PS3 version was worth what I paid for it was due to having a PC copy included. Either give it or sell it, you technically have two copies to play with.

I loved the first one but I'll probably wait on picking this up. If I remember correctly Orange Box dropped in price pretty fast. I got tons other stuff to play as is.

Single player is about 8 hours and multiplayer is about 4-6 hours depending on you and your partner's skill levels. I think that is a perfectly appropriate length for a retail game. With great dialogue and an interesting story, it's well worth $60. At $40 it's a no brainer.

[quote name='killer9']damn it im banned from gamestop.com i have 20 dollar off coupon gah o well instore purchase for me[/QUOTE]

How'd you get banned from gamestop.com? Any chance it was related to the Groupon/LivingSocial Barnes&Noble deal?

I haven't been able to order from gamestop.com for months. I've called, emailed them, etc...but no one knows what the problem is over there. They just told me to order from B&N and all the preorder bonuses would still stick.

So I preordered Portal 2 and they cancelled my order 4 days before it was supposed to ship.

Last thing that I ordered from either site was a videogame, which I paid for using 2 of the coupons from the Groupon?LivingSocial deal...wondering if they flagged my account.

Good thing I saw this thread, I was about to go use the 50% bonus coupon to pick this up. Guess I'll just wait until next week to do it.

Also, I hope the game gets longer towards the end. I turned on my Xbox yesterday and a friend on my FL had just started it, his status said chapter 1. I played maybe 7 or 8 GOW3 matches and checked his status again, and it said Chapter 6.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I turned on my Xbox yesterday and a friend on my FL had just started it, his status said chapter 1. I played maybe 7 or 8 GOW3 matches and checked his status again, and it said Chapter 6.[/QUOTE]

I think the status stuff is messed up. I saw the same thing happen the first night I played. When I logged off, my friend's status said Ch 6 or 7, and even had the correct title next to it ("The Fall", I think.)

I asked him about it at work the next day and he said he was still on chapter 2 or 3.

[quote name='Enuf']Absolutely, 30 days from the purchase date or 45 days if your a RZ silver.[/QUOTE]

If the game's already open, is that okay too?

[quote name='bigredvan14']Portal 2 will be $34.99 at Kmart next week.[/QUOTE]

Haha awesome Kmart buries dem cockroaches!!!

I was tempted at even with $20 coupons but assumed the price wouldn't hold long at near MSRP.

[quote name='k9homan']Help! which verison should I buy? Thx[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same, I remember hearing the console version has access to the PC steam. Makes sense to get the PS3 in that case, unless it was only some preorder promotion.

$35 at kmart next week, incase you have any coupons/rewards credit there.

Flesseck: you need to connect to PSN to activate the PC copy - since PSN is down PS3 buyers won't be able to activate the Steam Copy until it comes back up sometime next week. Just FYI.

[quote name='Drclaw411']waiting for $19.99[/QUOTE]

Seems about the right price for a puzzle game with no replay value.

[quote name='killer9']damn it im banned from gamestop.com i have 20 dollar off coupon gah o well instore purchase for me[/QUOTE]
Banned from the online store? What did u do?

[quote name='3rdbass']Seems about the right price for a puzzle game with no replay value.[/QUOTE]

Loved the game but I can't argue with this. Achievements are super easy and once you're done with the SP and co-op, I don't see any reason to ever play it again.

[quote name='karyadi']If the game's already open, is that okay too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you only need your receipt. Now that it's gonna be $35 @ kmart even better. Got the game day 1 total cost will be $35 plus $10 giftcard + $10 pre-order bonus to me that's basically $15.

Got it from amazon day 1 for 54 used a 20 dollar credit plus it came with a 20 dollar credit. Played and beat it yesterday, traded it back in to amazon for 35. I was able to play it, beat it, and made a dollar credit. can't beat that.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is the PC version included in this? I need to buy an extra PC copy and I am looking for the cheapest option, heh.[/QUOTE]
Seconding this question. Don't really care about the console versions.

[quote name='3rdbass']Seems about the right price for a puzzle game with no replay value.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who would ever want to play co-op with more than one person?

Also, who would EVER play one of the soon-to-be-hundreds-of custom maps after the SDK is released?

@HeSaveDave: Yup.

When I was on Steam a while back I saw Portal for 45.00. I don't know if it's still there though. I'd rather get 360 though then Steam, more people I know got on 360.

bread's done
Back