The Starhawk Universe is set in the distant future out in the far reaches of Space where two factions a colony of humans known as the Rifters, and the Outcast, a ruthless species of humans mutated into psychotic monsters by the Rift Energy, a dangerous resource both factions are battling over. Starhawk puts the player in the boots of Emmett Graves a hired gunslinger ostracised from society due to his own exposure to Rift Energy, leaving him partially mutated, but still able to retain his humanity. Taking on the powerful role of Graves the player will be drawn back to his home settlement of White Sands on the planet Dust to face a mysterious outlaw and his band of Outcast warriors to only find out that this assignment may mean more to him than he could ever imagine. He will soon find out that his family is involved in the clash between the Outcast and the Rifters and therefore must decide between those close to him and those he swore to protect.
Starhawk’s features a host of weaponry and a multitude of vehicles for fast paced action combat combined with intense vehicular warfare on both land and air. The game’s innovative Build & Battle system lets players alter the on screen action by giving them the ability to change the dynamic of the battlefield instantly with a selection of base structures at their disposal, all while in the midst of the fight. By the touch of a button players can deploy a number of buildings, vehicles, or fire power to strategically complete mission objectives and defeat enemies. Through the sophisticated architecture of the PS3 system, the instantaneous customisation that Build & Battle provides, as well as this breadth of gameplay that spans multiple modes is made possible.
Utilising state-of-the-art visual technologies, the development team has made every effort to give players the realistic feel of actually being on the battlegrounds with vibrant characters and environments, coupled with dynamic lighting effects. Starhawk also boasts a strong online mode where users can battle head-to-head in epic 32 player matches, up to four player online and offline co-operative play, and split-screen gameplay within multiplayer and co-op modes against an endless attack of enemies, in addition to a full-fledged single-player story mode with various missions set in a number of diverse interstellar environments.
Additionally, Starhawk employs a host of online community features that allows players to be always connected, all the time, including tournaments, leaderboards, and clan support with additional friends list and quick match options. Players can keep up to date with the community events calendar, ticker tape updates, and a Starhawk Android app that will allow users to keep track of friends, clan mates, and stats when not online.
GameTrailers TV Episode - Here
I am very pleased to announce the official companion mobile application for our PS3 shooter Starhawk is now available on iOS and Android devices. With the Starhawk Uplink app you can easily check out detailed player and clan stats, while staying current on the all of the latest Starhawk announcements and community news/events, all on the go, anytime, anywhere. Here are links to download the app…
Once you’ve downloaded the Starhawk Uplink to your mobile device, you’ll find a wealth of information available on all of the player weapons, Hawk weapons, and Build & Battle structures.
The Starhawk Uplink app is totally free, and it’s a way for diehard players to always stay in touch with Starhawk. And for those of you who haven’t picked up a copy of Starhawk yet, you can still pull down this app and learn more about the game and the exciting community of Starhawk followers. Here’s a look at our Starhawk Uplink trailer…
- Access to clan information: You can view your clan invitations, clan leaderboards and statistics, and search for new clans to join or challenge.
- View player and weapon stats: You can view your player and weapon stats from all of your online action in Starhawk.
- Track other players: Want to see how your stats compare? Look at stats for your PSN friends, clanmates, and other players you meet online.
- View the Starhawk leaderboards: See how you rank against your friends, clanmates, and the rest of the Starhawk community.
- Access Starhawk community strongholds: You can link to various Starhawk social sites, as well as directly link to gameplay videos and other Starhawk community-driven sites.
- Browse The Armory: An encyclopedia of information on all troop and Hawk weapons and Build & Battle structures.
- Stay up to date: Our news ticker and game announcements section ensure that you are completely up to date on all the latest and greatest Starhawk news.
- The Starhawk Uplink runs on the following devices: iTouch, iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S, as well as all versions of iPad and Android devices, including the Sony Tablet S and Sony Xperia Play mobile phone and all Gingerbread Android devices. Kindle Fire support is coming soon.
Go download the free Starhawk Uplink and an edge over your fellow Starhawk players! Lastly, we just deployed another great balance update on PSN for our Starhawk fans around the world! To see all of the great stuff included in this week’s release of update 1.02.002, check out our latest LightBox Interactive developer blog here.
Edited by FriskyTanuki, 14 June 2012 - 06:32 PM.