Starhawk - Out Now - Sequel to Warhawk - 9/20: Coming to PSN! SP Free for PS+! 1.04!

If you haven't seen, Uncharted 3 has a beta code for Starhawk, but Lightbox has announced that a private beta will be coming before that public beta that will be for Warhawk veterans:

Boy, do I have some exciting news to share with all of our Warhawk fans today, but first, let me serve you all some delicious hors d’oeuvres de internets!

We were so happy with the response to Starhawk at PAX that the SCEA marketing machine leveled-up, cast Videozzaga and summoned a quick video of our Santa Monica Sr. Producer Harvard Bonin talking with people at the show in Seattle after they got hands-on with Starhawk!

Not only was it great to see people loving Starhawk at PAX, the team and I love seeing coverage and buzz about the game start to pick up speed. And with our announcement last week that early access keys for the Starhawk Public Beta will be included in Uncharted 3, well… things are now moving forward at ludicrous speed! It was great to read all the comments, tweets and Facebook posts from players who are just now getting introduced to Starhawk’s gameplay and universe and the LightBox Interactive team and I can’t wait to see all of you online in early 2012!

But Dylan, you ask, what about now? Did you forget about us? What about all of the die-hard Warhawk fans who waited patiently for Starhawk to emerge from the shadowy nether regions of game development?

Five words: Private. Beta. Starting. In. November!

Let me explain.

Normally before a team releases a Public Beta for a game, the dev team goes through a phase known as the closed beta or “Private Beta.” This is when the dev team works very closely with a small group of colleagues from the publisher, quality assurance (QA) team, or very close friends to make sure things are solid, the gameplay is tuned, big bugs are squashed, etc. It’s all about a tight feedback loop and close interaction with the developer.

And we want the team here at LightBox Interactive to have that close communication with our Warhawk fans! Even as I write this blog post I’m still blown away that SCEA has approved this!

Ok, let’s break it down:

We’re going to be starting the Private Beta in November and we’ll be sending a bunch of our Warhawk players (European players too!!) special email invites with Starhawk Private Beta keys. We’re going to be letting players into the Private Beta in waves so we can manage the server load, watch the game balance analytics, etc. The order in which players are granted access is a dark art known only to Sith-IT-Managers and Gywn, Lord of Cinder. But, suffice it to say it’s a mix of your rank/level in Warhawk, your involvement in the Warhawk community, and a few other magical parameters.

So keep checking your email like a Hawk!

Like what I did there?

SCEA has setup a secure forum where all the Warhawk players that are granted access into the Starhawk Private Beta will be able to talk directly with me, and some of our other team members here at LightBox Interactive. We’ll be posting our special PlayStation Network handles so you know when you’re playing with one of us online and we’ll be on VOIP in-game so you can talk directly to us if you want to!

We’re really looking for lots of feedback to help make sure Starhawk is as solid and tuned as possible. So we’ll be actively requesting comments on tuning changes and other game updates that we’ll be making to Starhawk throughout the Private Beta.

And this is a *key* part of the process because we are going to be validating our SkillScore player ranking system as well as weapon and Build & Battle game balance. Our new Hot-Fix system lets us really keep up with the demands of the community so we’ll be trying to push updates almost every day.

We’ll be going into more details on which features will be included in the Private Beta in the coming weeks, but for now, I hope our Warhawk player community is as excited about this opportunity as we are!!!

And for all the Warhawk players that are going to be helping us play Starhawk during the Private Beta, we have a special “gift” planned for all of you when Starhawk is officially released. Oh the
anticipation… THE ANTICIPATION!!!!!

*deep breath*

Ok…what’s next? Oh yeah…

And lastly, no blog post would be complete without my obligatory mention of our website, www.StarhawkTheGame.com —so keep tabs on it because SCEA will be updating it with all the latest as things really start to get rolling for Starhawk!

Rock on!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/21/sweet-sweet-starhawk-beta-news/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/18/starhawk-private-beta-begins-rolling-out-tuesday/

The private beta begins on Tuesday for those that are invited, but it seems like there will be plenty of avenues to get in if you're not personally sent a code.

After many, many months of hard work we are happy to announce that the Starhawk Private Beta will be live on PSN beginning Tuesday, November 22nd! As you may have read in Dylan’s last PlayStation.Blog post, a selected a number of loyal Warhawk players who have opted-in to receive PlayStation emails will receive Private Beta keys, so if you played Warhawk there’s a chance that you’ll have a voucher invitation in your email in the upcoming weeks! If you don’t get on day one, don’t get discouraged: our Private Beta will be “slow rolled.” That means that we’ll slowly add more fans and features as the Private Beta progresses.

For those of you that get Private Beta access very early, you can expect to play Capture the Flag on a couple of maps to your heart’s content.

You’ll be able to find games via our Matchmaker system or choose your own game server via our Game Lists. We’ve kept the initial roll out pretty tight as we exercise the systems, but we’ll open the kimono inch by inch so keep playing to see what we have in store for you.

We Want Your Feedback!

Please bang on the Private Beta and help us make Starhawk the greatest possible game. We’ll do our best to avoid hiccups, but you may see some bugs or other unintended gremlins — it’s all part of the process. We ask those of you that play in the Private Beta to participate in the Starhawk Private Beta Forum located here(note: If you’re accepted into the Private Beta, you’ll notice a “Beta Central” section here). This forum is set up to help us collect feedback, bugs, feature requests, etc. Keep it clean, respectful, and specific so that we can try to address your issues. You’ll need to log in with your PSN account and choose the “PSN Beta” tab under your log-in name. If you aren’t in the Beta, you won’t be allowed access to this forum so please be patient.

How to Gain Access to the Starhawk Private Beta

We’ll be looking to unlock the door for registered players later on in the Private Beta. Fans that want to get in but may not get an invite can increase their chances by registering on the official site. Remember, we can’t send you Private Beta keys unless you have opted-in to receive them. Check out this Beta FAQ page for more info. We’ll also be working with great partners like G4, IGN, GameSpot, GameTrailers, 1UP, Kotaku, WIRED, USA Today, CNET, Maxim, and TIME (just to name a few) to make sure there are even more chances for you to get into the Private Beta. Even our community manager, HawkStar Jay, has a handful he’s itching to give away, so stay tuned for more details!

Finally, if you have a Starhawk Public Beta voucher from UNCHARTED 3, you are guaranteed access in early 2012. We’ll have even more features, game modes, guns, weapons, and general goodness to show during that next Beta phase.

Congratulations to those of you fans that got (or will get) an invite, we love your enthusiasm and loyalty. We don’t think of a Private Beta as a privilege for you. You’re doing us a favor and helping to create Starhawk…and we thank you.

Warheads….have fun! Everyone else, stay tuned! We’ve got a lot more in our bag o’ tricks!

Is anybody else in the beta? I got an email and started playing yesterday.

Without a doubt it has the feel of Warhawk, but just a feel.

I only played for a bit - up to level 4 playing CTF so far. A few things I noticed:

- The game is VERY busy. Not in the number of players, but stuff going on in the screen. Stuff is always moving, dropping from the sky or whatever. Hard to keep up and notice what needs to be noticed.

- Hard to pick up players from the other team. They tend to blend in with the surrounding enviroment. Warhak was easy to see what was going on, Starhawk notsomuch.

- Build your own stuff. REALLY torn on this. I loved Warhawk because you knew what was where and where people had to go if they wanted that. I have seen great use of the buildings and horrible examples of the buildings. The more I am learning how and where to place the stuff the more it grows on me, but it will take more work for me to LIKE it. You have to gather plama type balls to build things, the more you gather the bigger things you can build. but I really feel like I am in a ratchet and clank game with the stuff flying to me as I walk around or shoot the barrels of the stuff. You can build some cool things so far in this beta.

- Movement. The guys move real fast and VERY jerky compared to WH. I know this is the early beta and will (i hope) be tweaked but the movment of the characters now is not right. But the movment really makes me feel like I am playing a online match of Halo Reach.

- Hawks. I was never a plane person in WH. but I really do not like the hawks in this game at this point. Flying seems to be all over the place and the transform into a robot is a tad too much. But the robot version of the hawk reminds me of a bad copy of an exo from KZ3 (which BTW I loved). And you only get a hawk if you build the platform for it, and you ahve to get enough whatever they call it to build one.

So far I like the game, but it could be toned down a bot as far as how much random stuff is going on in the screen.

Man, that doesnt sound good to me. Especially with all the stuff going on screen, thats one of my most hated things about this generation. Well it is a beta and Im sure it will improve, but sounds fundamentally flawed as a shooter right now.

I gave away my Starhawk beta code that came with some game(thinking it was Uncharted 3) to my one buddy. I'll have to remind him that the beta starts soon. After playing Warhawk against a ton of vets and getting absolutely annihilated I have ZERO interest in this game.:razz:

[quote name='smiggity']Man, that doesnt sound good to me. Especially with all the stuff going on screen, thats one of my most hated things about this generation. Well it is a beta and Im sure it will improve, but sounds fundamentally flawed as a shooter right now.[/QUOTE]

The two videos above give an idea of how the gameplay - so far - is. The second one gives a better idea of how busy the screen can be, but the game is more that shows. You can see the people spawning in those pods that really needs to be toned down 10x. When you escape from the pod parts from the pod go flying all over the place. And when people build thngs there is that giant glow that not only takes up space on the ground, btu the entire sky above it.

And a thing about the hawks - in WH they were all over the place. You knew where they were and they would come back ina bit if they were gone. From what I can see so far you have to gain enough of those orbs then build the station then take your hawk, and if somebody jacks your for it oh well, if they do respawn its a good amount if time - I have never seen one respawn, but I had better things to do than wait around for it.
EDIT - I figured out that to get a hawk to deploy you must have orbs and then press a yellow button on the spawn point then one shows up. Same deal for jetpacks and jeeps.

Also two of the weapons I liked the most in WH almost seem worthless now - the sniper and rocket launcher. NOTE I have only played in small map CTF games. But I swear unless you get a headshot with the sniper rifle it will not kill the guy. And with the fast jerkey movment of the players it is almost impossible to get a good shot off. Plus there is a red line emitting from your rifle so the enemy can see EXACTLY where you are and easily pick you off. And I was a pro at sniper rifle in WH and I totally suck now lol. And the rocket launcher - lol it took me a few games to even see it was a rocket launcher haha. but with the layout of the maps I have been playing it was really hard to get a lock on the hawk before it went behind something out of view which made it hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
woah this started already? I may have to set up my PS3 [been in my luggage since thanksgiving] and DL it, the codes from UC3 work right?

[quote name='Ashtaar']woah this started already? I may have to set up my PS3 [been in my luggage since thanksgiving] and DL it, the codes from UC3 work right?[/QUOTE]
No.
Finally, if you have a Starhawk Public Beta voucher from UNCHARTED 3, you are guaranteed access in early 2012. We’ll have even more features, game modes, guns, weapons, and general goodness to show during that next Beta phase.

the game doesnt look all that great but its freakin fun.its col you can either go at it as a shooter or just do the tower defense thing if youre playing ctf. i like the transformer jet but the jetpacks are the shit.

Sony sent me a beta code for the private beta today. Chances are it's going to a buddy of mine, since I can't be bothered to get trounced in this game like I did in Warhawk.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sony sent me a beta code for the private beta today. Chances are it's going to a buddy of mine, since I can't be bothered to get trounced in this game like I did in Warhawk.:roll:[/QUOTE]

you should be alright in this one i know what you mean about warhawk but this ones not so bad. hell i even won a few cant say that for warhawk lol.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...hawk-public-beta-begins-tuesday-january-17th/

The Public Beta opens up on Tuesday to PS+ and private beta members:
This past November and December we conducted our Private Beta for Starhawk. It was incredibly valuable to our team at LightBox and SCEA Santa Monica. We really appreciate all of the time that players have spent uncovering bugs and glitches, we would have never been able to find this many of them without real-world gameplay. The Beta effort has been a true partnership with our community so we humbly thank you all. Without your help, we wouldn’t be able to progress to the next chapter in the development of the game: the Public Beta!

We’re now happy to announce that the Starhawk Public Beta begins this Tuesday, January 17th. This is a crucial step for us as we’ll be testing all sorts of things, including game balance, server traffic, and general bugs. This is also a chance for more players to finally see what we’ve been working so hard on. As we’ve been getting so much support and encouragement from fans and press alike, we’re excited to spread the love and get more input to make the best game possible.

“That looks kind of fun, right? So maybe you want in the Beta now? Well, take a look below and see how to get early access. This Beta will include lots more functionality and features (details coming next week) so mark February 21st on your calendars because that’s when it will be completely open!

Who gets in, and when?
(North American Starhawk Beta schedule)

January 17: All PlayStation Plus subscribers and all Private Beta participants (who haven’t erased their original Private Beta files). You can learn more about PS Plus here.

January 31: UNCHARTED 3 Beta key holders. These voucher codes were found inside of North American copies of UNCHARTED 3.

February 7: Visit GameStop and PlayStation on Facebook and see how you can get early voucher codes.

February 14: IGN.com (details to be revealed soon)

February 21: Everyone with a PlayStation Network account…in other words, everyone who wants in, gets in!

Beta FAQ

If I was in the Private Beta, am I in the Public Beta?
If you were in the Private Beta, you are in the Public Beta for the duration. DO NOT delete the Private Beta file from your PS3 or else you won’t have access. Worse, you will be…unhappy.

Is this a demo?
This is NOT a demo. You can expect to find bugs and the vast majority of the game features planned for the final game will not be implemented. Of course, many of you will not read this sentence and will expect the Beta to be final quality. We ask that the community help itself and remind players that this is a test. It happens to be a pretty fun test, but it is a test regardless. Keep an open mind and we’ll continue to regularly update the Beta with changes based directly on your feedback. Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to help make games? This is your chance!

When does the Public Beta end?
When the game is good and ready! :) Honestly, when we’ve learned all we can and feel we can deliver the best product to you. Basically, sometime after February 21st, BUT it’s our recommendation that you do not delay joining or you might find your window of opportunity passing you by.

What’s different from the Private Beta?
We’re going to reveal more about the content updates soon enough. Patience, Padawan…

Will you test out the solo campaign?
Nope! The Public Beta is solely based around the multiplayer experience. While we have a robust solo story campaign in the final game, we can get our testing done elsewhere for that.

How do you send us feedback?
This is very important…to give us feedback, please visit http://us.playstation.com/psn/ and use your PSN login to enter the Beta forums. If you are in the Beta, you can enter the forums. Remember though…with Beta testing comes Beta responsibility. We are on these forums hourly looking for bug info, so please use this. We need your help and this is the best way to give us info.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/17/starhawk-launching-on-may-8th-public-beta-rolls-out-today/

Starhawk will be out on May 8 and they've shared a few more things about what's improved with this build of the beta:
What’s in the Public Beta?

Everything mentioned in the video with a ton of fixes, updates, etc. At the start we’re adding the following content on top of Private Beta content…

• Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we’re happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
  • Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
  • Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English…but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
  • Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance. Playstation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
  • Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By32oclJSGc

Anybody with the private beta on their hard drives can download the update to the public beta build now.

SO I just realized this was auto downloaded to my hardrive. I played for a little bit but it like crashed and now I seem to be stuck in a loop where I can't connect to the server or something.

anyone playing the beta? i havent seen cag comments on gameplay. the lack of the interest is steering me away from day 1 purchase.

I didn't think I was going to like it, but I truly love it. I don't like the knife being so powerful....but other than that I enjoyed my first round. The game felt like a third person borderlands, and I really wish that's what this game could be. Huge story mode with different types of transform able vehicles, and with an borderlands ish selection of guns.

I love this game! And that's saying a lot because I don't play online at all. But it seems this game is going to change that.

Anyways, I have beta code from Uncharted 3 that I don't need since I'm a PS+ member. PM me if you want it.

Liking this a lot, as it feels like Warhawk after the jetpack DLC with more freedom to how you play since the various parts of your base can be placed anywhere. Unless I'm missing something, it would be nice to have the buildings that have been built appear on the minimap so I don't have to build a jetpack station because I can't find/see one. I'm hoping that they unlock Zone mode since that's the Warhawk mode I enjoyed the most and TDM/CTF aren't really what I'd play most in the finished game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Hawk pickups?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was referring to what weapons there are for the Hawk in the beta. I was only able to find the 3 missiles pickup that you select with the upper right of the d-pad.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Beta codes from Uncharted 3 should work today for those that have them.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the Uncharted 3 codes work.

I would have rather had an Updated Warhawk style game, but this game is okay. Couple HUGE problems though. It needs to show what buildings your team has somewhere so everyone isnt just building the same thing. I hate the new knife, was much better in Warhawk. And the guns and equipment all look weird and dont giu\ve you any description or anything, Im constantly picking up a rocket launcher thinking its a shotgun. And what does the equipment do? COuldnt figure that out. Also werent their Tanks in Warhawk? Or just hawks and jeeps?

[quote name='smiggity']I would have rather had an Updated Warhawk style game, but this game is okay. Couple HUGE problems though. It needs to show what buildings your team has somewhere so everyone isnt just building the same thing. I hate the new knife, was much better in Warhawk. And the guns and equipment all look weird and dont giu\ve you any description or anything, Im constantly picking up a rocket launcher thinking its a shotgun. And what does the equipment do? COuldnt figure that out. Also werent their Tanks in Warhawk? Or just hawks and jeeps?[/QUOTE]
It does show the buildings on the mini-map. Though they need to be darker IMO.
Agree, I hate the quick knife. Bring it back as a selectable weapon.
They do look weird, but after a few games I got used to what they all look like.
What equipment?
Yep, there were tanks. I'm pretty sure Starhawk will have tanks, but for some reason they're not in the beta.

Few of my own observations:
I haven't noticed the lock on aim assist as infantry like I did in Warhawk. Don't know if I like this change or not. :lol:
I hate that you can't lose missile like you could in Warhawk.
There needs to be (or be better/more obvious) health bars in hawks and turrets and stuff.
Lock on notification needs to be more obvious when in hawks.
I don't like the building aspect. To me it detracts from gameplay the way it is now. I'd prefer some permanent buildings (say around the bases), then you can build away from the bases. I've seen people just put concentric circles of walls around the flag with turrets every couple feet. There should definitely be a limit on buildings in a certain area. It can get kinda ridiculous the way it is.
I don't like that the energy sucks to you from miles away. At the start of every round I play people will just shoot every barrel from the base to get enough energy to build a wall around the flag.

All I really wanted was Warhawk with new maps.

EDIT:
There's also air mines (at least I think that's what they are) for hawks. You pick up 4 at a time and they deploy 2 at a time.

Yeah its just really confusing overall. By equipment I mean the pickups that appear in your weapon menu in the corner spaces. I had one in the bottom left and one in the bottom right. One of them seemed like a wrench from Warhawk. The energy thing is just one more thing going nuts on the screen, could have done without it too. Oh and it looks like there is a lock on option in the menus. I hope its similar to Warhawk since its hard to kill multiple people in this one.

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah its just really confusing overall. By equipment I mean the pickups that appear in your weapon menu in the corner spaces. I had one in the bottom left and one in the bottom right. One of them seemed like a wrench from Warhawk. The energy thing is just one more thing going nuts on the screen, could have done without it too. Oh and it looks like there is a lock on option in the menus. I hope its similar to Warhawk since its hard to kill multiple people in this one.[/QUOTE]
I know there's a repair tool somewhere that can be used to repair structures.
Not sure what the other one is. Seems like every time I play I get stuck in a loop on Space and I never see any equipment on that map. Just the repair tool on the other map.

Didn't notice the lock on option, gonna have to check that out next time I play.

You have to be in your base to get rift energy to build things, so you're not getting any across the map unless your team's claimed some land in CTF. It's not forced on you, so you don't have to build anything if you're not interested in that aspect of the game.

The only issue that I have with it is that there's no indicators to let you know what's been built around you so you can find what you're looking for or build it if a certain structure isn't around. TDM should have some more pre-built structures since building stuff isn't that important in that mode, though they've started adding a few structure with the latest update.

I'm liking the beta a lot, as they've done a good job evolving some of the cooler aspects of Warhawk while adding some new stuff into the mix. I'm not one to really start running and gunning, so I hanging back, grabbing a jetpack, and flying to the top of buildings to snipe or take out enemy structures. The influx of new people makes me a bit of a better shot, so I'm getting more kills than I did before.

I just got a great kill as I managed to aim my drop pod to land right on an enemy vehicle that was driving around in my team's base to get two kills before I technically spawned into the match.

The only lock-on option I see in the options is for how you want missile lock-ons to work.

http://www.lightboxinteractive.com/...2012/1/31/players-guide-character-basics.html

Here's a guide to the basics of controls and how the game works for those that want it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You have to be in your base to get rift energy to build things, so you're not getting any across the map unless your team's claimed some land in CTF. It's not forced on you, so you don't have to build anything if you're not interested in that aspect of the game.

The only issue that I have with it is that there's no indicators to let you know what's been built around you so you can find what you're looking for or build it if a certain structure isn't around. TDM should have some more pre-built structures since building stuff isn't that important in that mode, though they've started adding a few structure with the latest update.
[/QUOTE]
I believe you get energy constantly anytime you're in an area you control, including spawn beacon (or whatever they're called), not just your base.

As I said above, the mini-map shows structures. The structures are faint and kinda hard to notice and you have to memorize what each shape indicates, but it's there.
Like, in this screen shot
starhawk-screenshot-640x325.jpg
the light green shapes on the map are buildings. I think the triangle is a hawk pad and the square is a bunker.

I did say that it happens in bases and areas that your team's claimed, as I know the enemy claimed an area near our base in one of the CTF games I played.

It doesn't show structures. It just shows shapes. Blank shapes tell me nothing, but a picture of a Hawk, Jetpack, or Razorback or some other recognizable icons would tell me that those are spawn points for them. Same for supply depot, sniper towers, etc. Put on-screen indicators for structures like they do for the flag in CTF and I'd be even happier about it.

I shouldn't be allowed to post while under the influence of a migraine. That's twice today I replied a post that I read but didn't see half of the words.

I like the indicators better the way they are than to have a ton of indicators over the screen like the way BF3 does with points/squadmates/teammates. Course... if BF3 indicators didn't glitch out all the time I might be indifferent.

if you want to know structures, you need to look up. its kinda stupid. but i learned to look around and if the dome is pointy or round or whatever.

i started the first three hours of beta with a horrible experience. i couldnt connect to the games through the the matchmaker. after you can't connect, you need to go the through the longish load screens "press start" and you have wait for the damn hawk to fly over. who cares? its cool the first time you see it. at least in mw3 they got that part down right. Press start --> instant load into game play options. no fancy videos of company logos or intro scenes. later on, i could get kicked out of games due to disconnects that would hard crash the ps3 and screw up router settings.

starhawk feels like tps starcraft. you either play tower defense or go aggro (bum rush ctf win on the acid map) and pester your enemies. now, the first thing i do is to find boxes and build a vulture/jetpack. then you're whole team is well set. vulture --> travel & pick up more rift boxes --> bunker + pod beacon at the foot of the enemy's base. sometimes i feel like the game turns into whos got the rocket launcher matches. (or for me, whos got the jetpack/shotty). i kept spawn killing the same 2 guys on space map with jetpack/shotty. they kept coming back while I tried to establish an orbital platform (pod beacon, bunker, energy shield).

i found an annoying bug in the space map where you get stuck in the animation frame climbing ladders. i was able to reproduce it three times. once you're stuck, you can't do anything except build. theres no suicide option. why? usually, i wait until the round ends b/c i want to keep my xp. my starhawk funniest moment happened when i was stuck on the ladder. a bad guy captured the flag and he was being chase by my teammate. the bad guy runs around and sees me. he goes to either kill me or climb up to grab a hawk. then he gets stuck and I get unstuck. hahah. my teammate chasing him gets the kill but he ends up being stuck. hilarious. i knew that if i even go close to him, i'll switch places with him.

in total, a few hours in... level 5 & 28 shotty kills.

smog - i dont know even what the weapons look like. just build or get access to a bunker to pickup everything. if you're unsure, use the dpad to find what you got. left: rifle, up: rocket launcher, right: sniper rifle, down left: repair tool

i really like the building aspect of the game its fun to hang back and make structures but as far as fighting meh.

what do you think is the best starting move?

hawk?
razor?
orbs --> jetpack?

i think that razors are way better on acid than space. i cant think of a decent (tower) defense a good hawk pilot. a single hawk pilot can dominate the match. theyre pretty tough to take down. if theyre low on energy, they just run away and grab the health pickup. 2 beacon towers still cant take down a hawk. beacons are at 8 rift a piece.

i managed cap 2 flags by running on foot. it wasnt fun at all. then i noticed at the end of the match im not even anywhere close to #1 with tons of hawk kills.

update - 78 shotty kills.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/07/starhawk-limited-edition-and-box-art-revealed/

Limited Edition (GS Pre-order Upgrade) and Boxart revealed:
Greetings PlayStation Blogosphere! If you have been playing the Public Beta or have been tracking Starhawk online, you may have noticed that we’ve tacked on more and more reasons for you to pick up this Build & Battle epic on May 8th: a badass hero, transforming mechs, and outer space dogfights just to name a few.

Well, here’s one more reason: The Starhawk Limited Edition!

6832472351_5f9db1ae20_z.jpg

Starting today, anyone who pre-orders Starhawk at GameStop will automatically upgrade to the Limited Edition version of the game. This version comes with over $20 worth of bonus content, including two DLC packs that contain new maps and multiplayer skins, plus sweet extras like the soundtrack and a PSN download of original Warhawk from PSone. We are confident Starhawk will be one of the best PS3 experiences you’ve ever had, so we hope this gives you even more reason to join the fun day one.

We are also happy to share our official packfront art for the first time. Behold!

6832634943_90f1e65bba_z.jpg

This art was designed not to just give player a glimpse of the brutal Starhawk universe, but to give a little insight into our main character Emmett Graves, a man who won’t back down from a fight. We hope you dig both the packfront and that the Limited Edition makes you want to pre-order your copy. Keep tracking PlayStation.Blog for more Starhawk news leading up to launch…or just jump into the Starhawk Beta! Starting today, you’ll be able to get free early access codes on both GameStop’s and PlayStation’s Facebook pages.

Starhawk Limited Edition Contents

Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin

This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet’s surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you’ll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge!

Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin

An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard — known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.

Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.

Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all!

Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s sweeping original score available as a PSN download.

I am so lost in this game haha. I never played warhawk and just recently got a PS3 I am like WTF is going on while playing.

Update... been playing for the past 3 hours once I figured out the mechanics and took some hints from these forums OMG this game is so fun! haha.

God Warhawk is a million times better than this. Ive given it a fair chance, but Im done. Its a drastic change and the worst thing for me is that the gun-play comes last.

It really sucks b/c I wanted this to get the Warhawk crew back together

bread's done
Back