- - - - -

The Blockbuster Thread XXV: June 25th - July 1st, 50% off used games $19.99 and under

#31 Geekquisitions   Evil Incarnate CAGiversary!   2616 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Geekquisitions

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

Nice, I can't wait.

I'm trying to price some stuff for flipping...anyone want to brainstorm with me, send me a PM. I've only got a few things so far, but they're pretty good.

#32 ploppsdman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

ploppsdman

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:01 AM

If anyone has a list of games worth getting, pm me, but all I see is the same games as last time ... and none of 'em are worth a damn. I'll pick up some games for a kid I work worth ... maybe I'll get Alan Wake to play the dlc ... other than that, I don't see much. You know damn well there will be no Mario games.

#33 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7579 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

Hawaiiboy, is Megamind $14.99 for XBOX 360 also? Is it only $14.99 for Wii as listed in the OP.

I loved the movie, and it looks like a mediocre game with easy achievements. I'd seek it out for $7.50 though :-P

#34 jayrz9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

If anyone has a list of games worth getting, pm me, but all I see is the same games as last time ... and none of 'em are worth a damn. I'll pick up some games for a kid I work worth ... maybe I'll get Alan Wake to play the dlc ... other than that, I don't see much. You know damn well there will be no Mario games.

thats not true, went into one today and had two super Mario galaxies. altough u can't reserve which sucks. called 8 others, none had SSBB or Super mario galaxy.

#35 theMADster   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   13 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

theMADster

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:58 AM

Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 is $6.99 used at my local Blockbuster if someone wants to add it to the list of available games.

The Blockbuster in Vacaville, CA (located relatively central in-between Sacramento and San Francisco) has a bunch of used games for sale. I had the employees put 8 games on hold for me to buy at store opening tomorrow. There were probably at least 60 PS3 games, over 80 X360 games, and more than 100 Wii games available in the $14.99 price and under range.

#36 mattcube64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1391 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

mattcube64

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 is $6.99 used at my local Blockbuster if someone wants to add it to the list of available games.

The Blockbuster in Vacaville, CA (located relatively central in-between Sacramento and San Francisco) has a bunch of used games for sale. I had the employees put 8 games on hold for me to buy at store opening tomorrow. There were probably at least 60 PS3 games, over 80 X360 games, and more than 100 Wii games available in the $14.99 price and under range.

200+ games? Darn, I am green with jealous rage!

#37 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:24 AM

I was there around 1 and the guy was setting up all the prices. I also ask the lady to hold 2 games for me and I hope it will be there for me tomorrow.

#38 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3630 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

200+ games? Darn, I am green with jealous rage!

Ours had maybe 100, with 50 of them probably being Fallout: NV. They had it all set up today, around 10am, but nothing "great" just seemed to be mostly the cheaper stuff, like Xbox Unplugged Arcade, some Lego titles, and the recent price drops (but not tagged). Not much re: blu-rays, either, so probably just this area. Gonna check the other BB in the am, though.

Quite a few reasonably priced games I'd add to my backlog (which still has Bayonetta, Darksiders from the last BOGO)

#39 Zippon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

so i take it Blockbuster lowers prices of the current used games for this sale? also can someone tell me if this is valid at all BBV stores?

I have one by my job and another 2 around my house, so i have some hope of getting some good games

Not necessarily. Sometimes they lower prices before or even during a B1G1 sale, but it's not a given.

If I remember correctly, there are two types of BBV stores. Corporate owned locations will honor sales like this. Individually owned locations can choose to ignore these promotions. We have both kinds in my area. The nearest individually owned store usually has their own type of sale at the same time, to keep things interesting.

#40 medetron   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

alittle off topic but i grabbed a total of 15 blu rays and probably will go back tomrrow to pick up a few more, kinda sad when blockbuster doesnt have anymore shopping bags to give out lol, ended up getting recycle trash bags lol also i pickedup 2 ponyo sets and was wondering why people were going crazy for this title?

#41 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

I think I can finally pass on one of these...looks like all the games are ones I've either bought at previous BB sales and played and sold or just a bunch of garbage. I'm seriously done buying subpar games just because they're cheap. Good luck to everyone, including the flippers.

#42 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

alittle off topic but i grabbed a total of 15 blu rays and probably will go back tomrrow to pick up a few more, kinda sad when blockbuster doesnt have anymore shopping bags to give out lol, ended up getting recycle trash bags lol also i pickedup 2 ponyo sets and was wondering why people were going crazy for this title?

Both my wife and I thought it was one of the dumbest movies we've ever seen...and we couldn't get either of our 2 kids to sit through more than 10 minutes of it.

It's really a crappy movie.

#43 wormraper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

ugh, I didn't see ANY new games that were $14.99 or less since the last B1G1 sale. everything I want is hovering at the $19.99 price range (Force Unleashed 2 etc)

#44 brianace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

brianace

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

I've scouted out the two remaining Blockbusters in my area. I think I'm going to be spending a lot of money tomorrow.

#45 TheHelix   CAGiversary! Silenced   2842 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

TheHelix

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hawaiiboy, is Megamind $14.99 for XBOX 360 also? Is it only $14.99 for Wii as listed in the OP.

I loved the movie, and it looks like a mediocre game with easy achievements. I'd seek it out for $7.50 though :-P

I've played Megamind and it's not worth the 7.50 you would pay for pairing another 14.99 game with. I platinumed the game in 3 hours, so if you find a Redbox near you that carries the 360 version, rent it and get your easy gamerscore, or just wait for it to reach 5 bucks. I heard the Wii version is different though, but I mainly play games on PS3.

#46 infiniteHorizon   hrzn CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

infiniteHorizon

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Both my wife and I thought it was one of the dumbest movies we've ever seen...and we couldn't get either of our 2 kids to sit through more than 10 minutes of it.

It's really a crappy movie.

I gotta disagree with this. My baby sister who's now 4 has watched Ponyo more than any other movie we own, easily her favorite. I personally think it's better than most of the kids movies coming out these days too so don't mind watching it with her, maybe not for everyone but we enjoy it.

#47 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10742 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

nothing I want maybe flipping....

#48 Bosnian_Lord   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Bosnian_Lord

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

Planing on picking up for PS3: Grid, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, F.E.A.R. 2, and I'm still not certain about the fourth one... hopefully store that I'm going to tomorrow will at least have two of these.

#49 cadeSILVER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

cadeSILVER

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Oh wow. $7 for Valkyria Chronicles sounds like an amazing steal. Lucky!

#50 Gertle627   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

Ahh, how did this sneak up on me?! I skimmed the other thread everyday and all I ever saw was talk about BlueRays. Oh well, at least I get off at 2 today.

#51 bredbu   I love Lamp CAGiversary!   2034 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

i went from 5 close bbv's to 1 bbv 30 mins away, i may sit this one out

#52 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

:-? Now I just have to decide if I want to brave it at 10am with my kids to scout it out and then go back for purchases with TiV knowledge when my Wife gets home for lunch. Or make my first trip a scout and buy trip when she gets home for lunch... Or try and talk my Sister into helping and either stay in the car while I run in or just stay at my house (the BBV is about 2min away) while I run over.

Also, people keep saying how "the list" isn't that great, remember that's for ONE STORE. He posted the list as an example of what HE was putting out for the sale. You still need to check your store to see what you'll have.

#53 evildeadjedi   RIP DIO \m/ \m/ CAGiversary!   4750 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

evildeadjedi

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Nice to see another B1G1 Blockbuster sale. Not so nice to check the Store Locator, finding about half the number of stores I visited in the last sale.

^This

#54 JoshShafe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

JoshShafe

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

I'm going to drop by two in my area (still)...but not until around 5:00. So, here's hoping there is still some good PS3 stuff left and that they've actually brought stuff out for this sale. I went to one of the BBV near me about a week ago and they had about 10 PS3 games...I think one was under 14.99, the rest were either 19.99 or higher.

#55 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

also i pickedup 2 ponyo sets and was wondering why people were going crazy for this title?

That's what I'd like to know too. I picked up a copy solely for trade list purposes with 3-4 titles I'll likely watch on the $60 60gb PS3 I bought like 2 months ago now.

Kinda sucks that they don't get the actual BR cases in to be able to swap out movies into for the used sales, but that's easily remedied I suppose.

All I saw at my closest BBV last week was Singularity for PS3(and a shitton of copies of FO NV) and nothing on the same platform to pair it up with.

Next closest BBV is about a 10-15 minute drive, next closest after that is another 10-15 minute drive and I have a feeling all of the stores round here are gonna be the same for which titles they have.:roll:

#56 JustinSaneV2  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

I've been hyped since I woke up at 4 am! :D

1 more hour!

*sigh* I have two.

I suppose I could hit up Target in the mean time and see if anything good is on clearance...

#57 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

There's about 44 minutes left till they open here(assuming they still open at 10am by me). I wonder if they actually did pull and mark down anything for this sale at my closest store, since I don't feel like going to the other two in my area cuz I know it's just gonna be older shit I've already played.

#58 mightymek   Welcome to the Gutter CAGiversary!   5369 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

no BBV has closed in my county yet..

Sorry to break it to you, but if you are in the 561 area code of Florida (saw that on your profile info), then yes, many stores have closed in your county. There are still a good amount left, though. But at least half of the stores I went to in Palm Beach Country during the last sale are now closed.

#59 JaylisJayP   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

I gotta disagree with this. My baby sister who's now 4 has watched Ponyo more than any other movie we own, easily her favorite. I personally think it's better than most of the kids movies coming out these days too so don't mind watching it with her, maybe not for everyone but we enjoy it.

Sure...it's all opinion :)

#60 GtoTheNextLevel  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

I got 3 BBVs still open near me that I'm getting pumped up to go hit this morning. Thank goodness I'm off today!