Updated:$300 3D 24" TV bundle now "outdated"

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
PERM. MSRP PRICE CUT COMING
Hopefully, it drop to that magic $200 price point that everyone had been asking for

There's new 24" & 46" models coming which makes this one "outdated" since the new ones are glasses free 3D.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9290258#post9290258

Gameinformer review
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...hould-you-buy-the-playstation-3d-display.aspx

Ign review 8.0
http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/04/sony-playstation-3d-display-review

Will be avail this holiday season
24" Playstation Branded Display
1 pair of 3D glasses(extra pairs avail. for $70)
6 in HDMI cable
Resistance 3

TV Specs
http://www.lazytechguys.com/feature...-24-inch-sony-playstation-branded-3d-display/

More info
http://www.slashgear.com/why-im-buying-the-playstation-3d-tv-and-why-you-should-too-11158702/

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if it was the Doomsday edition with the TV bundle for another $50 instead of just the game.

I'd so get that TV bundle if I had the money and if it offered the Doomsday bundle of Resistance 3 or if the Socom 4 Full Deployment Edition was added for $100 more.

What is everyone's opinion on the Sony 24" 3D TV announced at E3? How many gamers even play on a 24" TV? I used to play on a 40" TV and thought my set was a bit too small for gaming considering the current price point of HDTVs 40" and larger. Is 3D gaming in 1080p really the same experience on such a small tv? Does Sony's price point of $500 seem about right, or is it a tad bit high? It's kind of hard to compare to other 3D TV sets considering I don't think I've even seen a 24" 3D TV other than this one.

$500 seems pretty fair. It is in the range of 1080p 3D monitors currently.

I can't speak for how the 3D is for the PS3, but I do have a 3D setup on my pc and it is very nice.

I started clapping at home when I saw it on G4. I game on a 23 right now and its perfect. I was shopping for the exact same thing about half a year ago and this package looks like it saves a good $100+ off of comparable stuff. If youre in a dorm room or game on a desktop, as I do, its a great deal. As a living room set, there are better ways to go.

500 seems pricey for a 24 inch TV. Vizio is coming out with 30-40 inch 3D tvs in the 300-500 dollar range some time this year. The only cool feature is the dual screen mode where each person with glasses views two separate images. I imagine though graphics will take a huge hit to pull this off.

I game on a 22" monitor. It's not always the size that matters, but how close you are to it. I game from about 3 feet away so it "feels" like I'm playing on a larger screen.

The price of this set is pretty great considering what you''re getting. For the 3D TV, Glasses AND a copy of Resistance 3 for $500, you really can't beat that.

[quote name='Sk']500 seems pricey for a 24 inch TV. Vizio is coming out with 30-40 inch 3D tvs in the 300-500 dollar range some time this year. The only cool feature is the dual screen mode where each person with glasses views two separate images. I imagine though graphics will take a huge hit to pull this off.[/QUOTE]

First of all Sony>>>Vizio. Second, does that set come with the glasses and a newly released PS3 game? Please factor those into the price when doing comparisons

As long as Gamestop sells them, I will be looking to buy one since I have credit. However, I do think that I can wait for the price to go down a bit. $500 for a 24" TV, even if it is 3D, still seems too high for me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']First of all Sony>>>Vizio. Second, does that set come with the glasses and a newly released PS3 game? Please factor those into the price when doing comparisons[/QUOTE]
That TV more then likely isn't going to be made by sony. Foxconn builds most of sony's products now and they purchase LCD panels on the secondary market. Sony hasn't been in the LCD production industry for several years now.

In any case, most vizios sold these days are just LCD panels bought on the spot market...Just like every other manufacture does. If you read around you'll see vizio makes some good TV's at amazing price points. Granted some models they sell are total crap, but other models are really competitive or better then what sony offers at the same price point. If you really want to buy the best and latest tech in terms of LCD tvs you really shouldn't buy a sony...Samsung, LG, and Sharp make most of the panels on the market and generally have the best sets out each year. These three brands produce a new higher end panel each year (usually exclusive for themselves). These panels are generally resold to other manufactures like sony for their high end sets the year after.

I'm also considering about getting this as well but will the 3D be actually worth it. I currently use a 40" HDTV as well as a 23.6" PC monitor to play my games. (I switch to my monitor when my girlfriend is watching TV) So if I were to get this it would replace my current PC monitor.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I game on a 22" monitor. It's not always the size that matters, but how close you are to it. I game from about 3 feet away so it "feels" like I'm playing on a larger screen.
[/QUOTE]

That's what I do, considering my eyes suck and I can't see too well from far away. So a bigger screen is not an ideal option for me. But the 22'' is perfect.

This bundle is actually a good deal, if you're into the 3D thing. I can't see 3D so, for me, it's not worth it. The non-split-screen sounds great.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its pretty damn cool, but i just cant see myself dropping 500$ on it during the holiday season

was in BB today they had a Sony rep there showing it off along with the Uncharted 3 pack. TV 3D looked hella good but way to small for me & $500 nope but the features/quality are top notch. Dude was like "who would pay $1000 for a 32"" I'm like who gonna pay $500 for 24"? Make the TV's 24"-55" & let demand dictate supply

There was one set up in the store I frequent too... But it wasn't working. Didn't turn on, so their setup was all fucked up. I really, really want to see this in action before my AMZ pre-order ships.

2 of my local GameStops have it in also, but no glasses...

I'm purchasing either this or whatever active 3D TV is on sale during BF. BB/AMZ GC-only, of course :)

Does anyone know what type of 3D glasses these are? Can I use them with my Samsung 3D tV? I know Samsung switched technology from the 2010 and 2011 glasses.

The glasses are universal active 3D glasses and should work with most active 3D displays (as per the FAQ on PSBlog).

I guess I should've said... the store had one mounted up. The employee I talked to said her boyfriend shook the whole stand one time and the entire thing powered down. I am not pleased... Hopefully someone there will fix it soon.

Also, anyone who pre-ordered from AMZ. You notice in the item listing it says a "code" for R3 will be sent to you if you qualified for the offer? Digital download of the game?? I contacted CS and they had no clue. Every mention from Sony about the R3 included has stated that it's on-disc.

I read that on the AMZ forums too, but I didn't ask for it. They can definitely see the old listing by clicking on my order details. The listing doesn't really say anything besides "see newer listing to place orders."

My CS rep said she'd keep an eye out on it for me throughout the week because the estimated delivery date is still Jan. 4 2012. She said if nothing changes by the time it's close to 11/13 she'll take care of me (cancel the order, place a new one under the new listing and either credit $60 or ship me a physical copy of R3).

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The glasses are universal active 3D glasses and should work with most active 3D displays (as per the FAQ on PSBlog).

I guess I should've said... the store had one mounted up. The employee I talked to said her boyfriend shook the whole stand one time and the entire thing powered down. I am not pleased... Hopefully someone there will fix it soon.

Also, anyone who pre-ordered from AMZ. You notice in the item listing it says a "code" for R3 will be sent to you if you qualified for the offer? Digital download of the game?? I contacted CS and they had no clue. Every mention from Sony about the R3 included has stated that it's on-disc.[/QUOTE]

Is R3 on PSN? I haven't checked but I'd be surprised if it was.

Also I did get clarification from CS that the "code" is like a promotion credit code you enter on Amazon to place an order of R3. Nothing digital... or so they told me.

You lucked if you were able to get them to issue you a $60 credit on your account. My CS rep told me to wait and she'd keep an eye out on the estimated delivery date, and it did change automatically. If it didn't, she would have issued me the credit as it got closer to release (which is a moot point now).

Only thing I'm ~supposedly~ getting is the offered promo. A code I can use will placing an order of R3 on Amazon that'll zero that order out. It has no value since I can't purchase anything else with it >.>

In any case, getting rid of R3 ASAP to BB for $40. Not as good as what you got if you pushed for and got the credit outright.

Most likely you're still gonna get a code for R3 if you kept your original order, rofl. You're gonna be up a ridiculous amount... but, there's still 9 days until ship date :/

"Up" as in.. you just made/saved a lot of money. I'm not sure lowest price thing applies here. They did let the Arkham City CE pre-order price slide... The display is classified as an accessory? Idk.

/shrug

What a terrible review. 60% of it focuses on SimulView. I don't give a rat's ass about that, christ. Seems like the only thing anyone is talking about, and the technology isn't even that amazing.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I play on a 20" SDTV. It's a late SD model, one of those flat screen tube SDs with nice color and everything, but still.[/QUOTE]

I play on a regular tube tv. It's not even SD, just old school tube. It's a 37 incher though... but still, at least you can use component cables, I'm lucky that my TV has a S-Video plug.

Amazon is selling a new Media Blu-ray Disc Remote Control for Sony Audio, TV & PS3 for $24.99.

• Controls your PlayStation 3, TV, and audio system*
  • Enhanced controls for your Blu-ray disc movies, streaming movies and music
  • Compatible with popular services available on PS3 system such as Netflix
  • Switch between 2D and 3D mode on 3D TVs**
Enjoy the convenience of having one remote which controls the endless entertainment options of your TV, audio*, and PS3 system. Whether you are watching a movie, listening to music, or browsing through photos on your PS3 system, the official remote control allows you to easily navigate and control your entertainment.

*Compatible with Sony amplifiers
**Operation may differ depending on the television

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SX9I2/

bread's done
Back