2 free android games from gameloft, NO CC entry needed

6er

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CREDIT for first part goes to raplhwiggim1 from SlickDeals, I detail to clear up step 3 a little and added info to cancel...the second part I figured out a work around for some newer phones that have oddly specific gamelost stores(like my EVO 3d for the new LG 3D phone which do not have ANYTHING but the handful of 3D games)

(workaround)
if your phones gameloft store does NOT offer the free trial, AT YOUR OWN RISK you can try to find a similar phone that does, and then email yourself the link from your PC to your phone, open it in brower and the download the games

Free Gameloft Club games on Android Didn't find anything relevant (just an old thread from over a year ago).

Gameloft recently released their big titles for Android, including NOVA 2 (Halo clone) and Asphalt 6 (Burnout / NFS clone?) which have local and online multiplayer.

If you access the Gameloft website (www.gameloft.com) on your Android device, you can download 2 free games by joining the Gameloft Club (for free) and then canceling within 14 days.

You can also access from your desktop by using Android User Agent in your browser. The game selection also depends on the phone you access from. I used my Droid X running 2.3.3 and it showed the latest games.

Disadvantages: you may not be able to download the latest version after you cancel.

Note: Their site seems buggy, as do their games. Not as reliable as their iOS alternatives (which are usually $0.99 on sale).

Note 2: All their games have a small application (4-5 MB) that downloads the game data (500 MB +) to SD card.

Update:
1) Go to the Gameloft site on your computer and create an account http://www.gameloft.com/my-account/.

2) Go here http://wapshop.gameloft.com/php5/us/hdplus/phones.php and select your phone (or select a phone like Motorola Droid X).

3) You should see an offer to join the club and each game will show a button to buy and a button to download Free. When you click free, it'll take you to a page with a link to enter your CC info. enter your account info in the lower section and click subscribe WITHOUT entering any CC info

4) On the next page, scroll down and log in with your Gameloft account.

5) Free games with no CC.

6) after downloading, click the link at the very bottom of the gameloft store that says something to the effect of "my gameloft club" and it will have a link to cancel trial....then a cancel confrim link....

So you got two free game without giving them any CC info your your phone number. I think cancel anyway in case they can link back the game to your phone through the download or install....

Hope this stays. I have a LG Optimus from Virgin Mobile and upgrading to the Motorola Triumph when it comes out in 3 weeks since the latter phone is more powerful to run games.

[quote name='gargus']We have a section labeled free for well, free stuff. This is the deals section.[/QUOTE]

A free stuff thread in the deals section just isn't a true thread until gargus shows up. Thanks gargus, what would we do without you :applause:

[quote name='karatebear']A free stuff thread in the deals section just isn't a true thread until gargus shows up. Thanks gargus, what would we do without you :applause:[/QUOTE]

Do you think he masturbates to free forum? I like to think he does.

Well I got NOVA 2 and Dungeon Hunter 2 on my MyTouch 4g.. but I et an error when I try and download NOVA 2, it says there is a problem parsing the package. Dungeon Hunter 2 is downloading fine though, large game.. 936 megabytes I believe it was. Good thing im on wifi heh. edit: I wonder if I can sign up again with a different email and get more games..

[quote name='NEP']Well I got NOVA 2 and Dungeon Hunter 2 on my MyTouch 4g.. but I et an error when I try and download NOVA 2, it says there is a problem parsing the package. Dungeon Hunter 2 is downloading fine though, large game.. 936 megabytes I believe it was. Good thing im on wifi heh. edit: I wonder if I can sign up again with a different email and get more games..[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome!

[quote name='vlv723']Hope this stays. I have a LG Optimus from Virgin Mobile and upgrading to the Motorola Triumph when it comes out in 3 weeks since the latter phone is more powerful to run games.[/QUOTE]

Download the apk files on your pc and install them once you get your new phone.

Thanks OP! This works! Also, as long as you're in the trial period, all further games are $3 each instead of $7.

FYI to anyone not up to speed on Gameloft's library, here's a primer.

N.O.V.A. = Halo
Modern Combat = Call of Duty
Let's Golf = Hot Shots Golf
Shadow Guardian = Uncharted
Sacred Odyssey = Zelda
Eternal Legacy = Final Fantasy
Star Front = Starcraft
Hero of Sparta = God of War
Brothers in Arms = Medal of Honor
Dungeon Hunter = Diablo

Asphalt, Spider-Man and HAWX are original (I think). IGN has good reviews for many of these, most are pretty good ripoffs. On an aside, be wary of actually buying anything not in the android market, and do so with no expectation of support. :p

Nova doesn't work on my HTC EVO. I already had the trial installed because it came preloaded on my phone. I'm going to try a different email and get two other games. I still have to download Eternal Legacy.

[quote name='sendme']So the Nova that is on the EVO is just a demo? I guess I will get the full game and maybe 2.[/QUOTE]

It's just a demo...it sucks. I actually wanted to play this game! I would buy it but I don't want them having my CC info. I'm going to get another email and get two more games.

You can use multiple email accounts to get the other games. I'm checking the list now to see what I want. I downloaded Spider-Man, Gt Racer, Gangstar, Shadow Guardian, Nova (which doesn't work on HTC EVO because it has the trial version preinstalled), and Eternal Legacy. Which games did you guys get?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I'm gonna have to check this out when I get home and can use my Wi-Fi. I'm def gonna get Eternal Legacy since I had been looking for a good RPG for my new Incredible 2.

I got Nova & Hero of Sparta. I backed up everything on my PC. I guess there's a chance that they may stop working at some point? Do these things check periodically for ownership? Too bad Dungeon Hunter II isn't available on Droid.

I dl'd Dungeon Hunter 2 and Sacred Odyssey, but I can't find the link for "My Gameloft Club" to cancel the trial. Anyone got that?

FYI, if a game isn't available for your phone, you can likely still DL it by selecting a different phone. Just google to make sure it's compatible. The Zelda clone Sacred Odyssey wasn't a choice for Evo 4G, but was a choice for the less powerful Evo Shift, so I just selected the Shift as my phone and it installed to my Evo just fine

*note: I DL'd through my PC then transferred the apk file to my phone and installed using astro file manager and app installer

Edit: Holy shit, Dungeon Hunter 2 requires almost a gig of additional data to be downloaded!

Anyone Else having trouble installing Nova 2? I've tried with several installers and it gives me some message about not being able to parse the package (Astro says it cannot be read as an apk file?

Star Front installed Aokay though.

Edit: apparently the game read my post because it installed just fine after a few retries (wtf?)

couldn't install Nova 1, though I suspect that's because my phone is dumb and thinks its already installed, when it's just the demo Sprint forced on there.

Can't get NOVA2 to work.

Interesting. I have an Evo3D but their offer doesn't work for that.
I did an Evo Shift 4G before... and Nova2 didn't work. Then I chose the Evo4G and notice that NOVA2 isn't even listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']500 Internal Server Error for me[/QUOTE]

I got this error on my computer but tried it on my phone, and everything worked fine.

it's kinda lame they make you download the full games over wifi. LTE on my phone is a lot faster than my home internet. amazon does this too with their larger apps like plants vs zombies.

FYI, you don't even have to enter valid credentials for email. Just make up as many BS accounts as you want free games. Just got my first two; going to install them first to verify they work before grabbing everything else. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Layd Dly']I picked up Sacred Odyssey & Eternal Legacy[/QUOTE]

on my evo 3d eternal legacy uses on 3/4 of the screen. I downloaded for Evo, which has the same screen size. but the other games are fine

[quote name='6er']on my evo 3d eternal legacy uses on 3/4 of the screen. I downloaded for Evo, which has the same screen size. but the other games are fine[/QUOTE]

evo 3d has a different resolution, 960x540, so that's probably why it doesn't take up the whole screen. most android phones besides low end ones are 800x480, and the motorola ones are 854x480.

[quote name='sendme']I did not see anything offering it for free. Everything still wanted a credit card.[/QUOTE]

Make an account first and when you get to the credit card page instead of putting in your CC just put your credentials on the bottom and hit log in and it works.

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, you don't even have to enter valid credentials for email. Just make up as many BS accounts as you want free games. Just got my first two; going to install them first to verify they work before grabbing everything else. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Actually it's easier than that...

Cancel your trial
Clear your cookies
Get 2 more free games.

[quote name='dmdragon']Actually it's easier than that...

Cancel your trial
Clear your cookies
Get 2 more free games.[/QUOTE]
I actually just discovered that and was coming to post it lol. I was already clearing my cookies, but accidentally entered the same account a second time. When it worked I was like elle-oh-elle. These installs are taking a coon's age to finish though.

OMG, I just realized there was a ton more games by clicking all games. Shit like Assassin's Creed, just amazing. I don't think my phone will be able to hold all these rofl.

[quote name='dmdragon']I kind of wanted the uncharted one, but they don't have it for my phone yet :([/QUOTE]
I'm actually trying to install that one right now, but it's downloading soooooooooooo sloooooooooow. I have to wonder if this got leaked somewhere else now and the servers are getting hammered.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm actually trying to install that one right now, but it's downloading soooooooooooo sloooooooooow. I have to wonder if this got leaked somewhere else now and the servers are getting hammered.[/QUOTE]

my thoughts. Eternal Legacy failed like 6 times yesterday. believe it or not this was thumbs down on SlickDeals....maybe my extra info help push the deal over the edge?

I decided to go ahead and make a back up for my APK's becuase sooner or later they'll find their glitch(And after you clear cookies the downloads don't seem to be associated with the account, as the "my download page" is empty, even the account page on the PC site lists no game purchases):

on the download page read the address....ends in "cc error" or something. I'm guessing they jacked and directed the error page to the download page.

Or it maybe not:
Also note it says all sales will get a receipt...I bet none of you got receipts to the the real address you used. which means it may show on their system as a failed purchase

I would download the apk's to your comp initiatlly, i have a sneaking suspicion that after you install it on that phone it's locked to that phone and when you install it writes the hardware id to the apk itself so you can't reinstall it on a different phone.

I deleted them all. They don't load properly on my Evo3D.
Also, they're storing your password in plain text, and passing it through using the URL. That's just bad practice.

bread's done
Back