* * * * - 14 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

#8311 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

That was fast! There's hope that it hits $5 before $5 off Amazon-coupon exprises :D

That'd make it $5. Unless they've reverted the policy, EC coupons don't apply to games <=$5.

#8312 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5277 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

That'd make it $5. Unless they've reverted the policy, EC coupons don't apply to games <=$5.

http://se.reddit.com..._off_star_wars/

Q: Can I use a credit on a game that costs $5 or less? (Get the game for free?)

A: Yes, the credit will work on items that cost $5 or less, making them free.

but I actually meant this:

Thank you for your purchase of a 2K game from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 promotional credit towards the pre-order of NBA 2K14. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D93B5VI click "Pre-order PC Download" and your credit will be automatically applied. Credit must be used by 9/24/2014.

It says preorder but it works.

I supposed if it combines with EC at price 7.5-10$ it would be ok(=free) too :D

#8313 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

http://se.reddit.com..._off_star_wars/

but I actually meant this:

That's good to know.

I wonder why it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in our Amazon thread.

#8314 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23848 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

http://www.greenmang...ts/nba-2k14-na/

NBA2k14 is $6 after code.

Hmmm - so, is NBA 2K14 much different than 2K13?

(I have 2K13)

Anything of much new in 2K14, for game-modes and gameplay?

EDIT:

Be sure to go here for mods and roster

http://forums.nba-li...forum.php?f=153

Good to know. Thanks. :D

#8315 shrinerr   NOT THE BEES! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

(I have 2K13)

there's a Lebron mode, where you can, ya know, be Lebron. other than that, just minor improvements overall, like all annualized sports games.

#8316 indef  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

(I have 2K13)

Major difference is in the controls.  Right analog is now the "trick stick" and does...well, everything.  It shoots, it dribbles, it passes...takes some getting used to.  Beyond that, it's similar.  Less blingy in the menus.  I wish I hadn't bought it, but I have also said that about the previous two iterations.

#8317 kjs7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

haven't played an NBA game (besides NBA Jam) since the original Xbox. Is there a pretty big learning curve if I just jump in to NBA 2k14?

also, is the PC version technically competent and not just a shoddy port?

#8318 indef  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

haven't played an NBA game (besides NBA Jam) since the original Xbox. Is there a pretty big learning curve if I just jump in to NBA 2k14?

also, is the PC version technically competent and not just a shoddy port?

The PC port runs very well, and there are a number of graphical mods/tweaks you can add to make it look vastly superior to the console (PS3/360) versions.  Unfortunately, this is NOT the PS4/X1 version.

Also, 2K has a long history of ignoring the PC release, so any bugs you come across probably will never get patched out.  2K11 and 2K12 each received ONE patch which arrived around 6 months after the game was launched.

They sell us an okay game at a great discount over the console costs.  It's a fair trade, I guess, although rather disappointing to long-term fans.

#8319 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5276 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Most people say it's very very close to F1 2012. The main differentiator is the classic content. I want it, but I've got enough atm to keep me on the track and outta jail. At least with the annual-release games, I know I'll be able to pick it up cheaper in 9-12 months.

But yeah tempting.

Yeah, if I bought this I would regret not buying Assetto Corsa even more than I do already... and I really regret not buying it as systemrequirements.com says my PC WOULD actually run it even though my video card is below the requirements...  (its a Radeon 5850.)

#8320 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, if I bought this I would regret not buying Assetto Corsa even more than I do already... and I really regret not buying it as systemrequirements.com says my PC WOULD actually run it even though my video card is below the requirements...  (its a Radeon 5850.)

My GTX 660 with settings maxed (including 8xMSAA) is pulling around 100 FPS @ 1680x1050*... never below 80. I can give it a shot with my GTX 260 (~4870 i think) if you like.

*my 75 Hz monitor, stilling in front of my G27 setup.

#8321 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5276 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

My GTX 660 with settings maxed (including 8xMSAA) is pulling around 100 FPS @ 1680x1050*... never below 80. I can give it a shot with my GTX 260 (~4870 i think) if you like.

*my 75 Hz monitor, stilling in front of my G27 setup.

They should be maxed.  In my opinion, that's what recommended hardware listings should be.

Not that we really should be talking about this... I have low willpower right now do to high levels of cough medicine in my system... but hows the track editor?

#8322 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

They should be maxed.  In my opinion, that's what recommended hardware listings should be.

Not that we really should be talking about this... I have low willpower right now do to high levels of cough medicine in my system... but hows the track editor?

Haven't touched the track editor yet. I'm sure will sound strange to some, but I've been sticking with the Lotus Elise SC on Magione for hours. Getting settled into the sim, and honing my time. (And tweaking my new physical setup a bit.)

#8323 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

Haven't touched the track editor yet. I'm sure will sound strange to some, but I've been sticking with the Lotus Elise SC on Magione for hours. Getting settled into the sim, and honing my time. (And tweaking my new physical setup a bit.)

Woah! A track editor on a modern non-arcade racing game? :shock:

#8324 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5276 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Woah! A track editor on a modern non-arcade racing game? :shock:

It lists one in its steam categories...  But I've not seen anything about it.

#8325 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

It lists one in its steam categories...  But I've not seen anything about it.

I just poked.  "UI & Modding" is greyed out at the moment, so is "Career Mode".  On the not-yet-released list I assume.  (It is early access, though what's there feels polished.)

I'd probably check out the Assetto Corsa forums.

#8326 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5276 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

I just poked.  "UI & Modding" is greyed out at the moment, so is "Career Mode".  On the not-yet-released list I assume.  (It is early access, though what's there feels polished.)

I'd probably check out the Assetto Corsa forums.

No need.  I trust you and with them still adding cars and tracks I imagine its on the back burner (and understandably so)...  Well, if steam does a redo on this game I'll get it in a heartbeat.  I cross the threshold for minimum, a new video card is only a few months away, and with me still use to racing on console setting closer to minimum likely wouldn't bother me that much.

#8327 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8736 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

Why is no one talking about Magicka being on sale.  OMG people!

I think that, after coupon, this is the cheapest that the game's DLC has ever been.

If only the coupon worked when adding more than one item to the basket. I'm sure GMG will find me buying 20 items in quick succession amusing. :P

#8328 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

Definitely something to watch out for, then. :)

#8329 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

That has actually long been a favorite car of mine in various racing games over the years.

#8330 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

aqnyon know when nba2k14 salel ends

#8331 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

No need.  I trust you and with them still adding cars and tracks I imagine its on the back burner (and understandably so)...  Well, if steam does a redo on this game I'll get it in a heartbeat.  I cross the threshold for minimum, a new video card is only a few months away, and with me still use to racing on console setting closer to minimum likely wouldn't bother me that much.

I'll try to remember to knock down my settings and look/measure the difference.

That has actually long been a favorite car of mine in various racing games over the years.

^_^ I like it. There's also a lot on roads 'round here, though there's almost an equal number of Tesla Roadsters. I live less than two miles from a Ferrari/Maserati dealership, and less than 10 from a McLaren dealer. ...not like I go to look at the cars at lunchtime or anything...

#8332 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

Remember Me (Steam key) is a good deal @ $10 with coupon code.

Also I am about to break my no-steam-no-buy code and buy Garfield Kart for $2. :-P

#8333 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

Remember Me (Steam key) is a good deal @ $10 with coupon code.

Also I am about to break my no-steam-no-buy code and buy Garfield Kart for $2. :-P

/like (outta likes, damn you like-stealing Cheapy-Grinch)

I just have to buy that Garfield

Edit: It's also on Google Play and the Fruit Store for $2...

#8334 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10366 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Haha, I just (well 10 days ago) picked up Garfield Kart as well, but for iOS and it was free (though it does have in app purchases for coins).

#8335 Wario64  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Remember Me: http://www.greenmang...on/remember-me/

DmC: http://www.greenmang...-devil-may-cry/

RE6: http://www.greenmang...esident-evil-6/

#8336 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I wonder how the online multiplayer works for Garfield Kart. I assume that PC can only play with PC and mobile with mobile?

I'll have to test it out when I get home later. For two dolla' and (I'm assuming) no microtransactions on the PC version I don't mind.

#8337 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5360 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

As much as I want Remember Me, DMC, and the RE games, I can't help but feel that they're due for a price drop, and that anything over $7.50 is too much for them.

#8338 Motiv  

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

As much as I want Remember Me, DMC, and the RE games, I can't help but feel that they're due for a price drop, and that anything over $7.50 is too much for them.

Argh. I think I'm in the same boat with Remember Me. I want it, but I feel like $10 is still too much for a game that will be added to The Vault (aka backlog, I like the new term).

#8339 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

I wonder how the online multiplayer works for Garfield Kart. I assume that PC can only play with PC and mobile with mobile?

I'll have to test it out when I get home later. For two dolla' and (I'm assuming) no microtransactions on the PC version I don't mind.

/like

#8340 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Argh. I think I'm in the same boat with Remember Me. I want it, but I feel like $10 is still too much for a game that will be added to The Vault

I'm still traumatized by Disney always putting films back into the vault.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: green man gaming, gmg, pc downloads, pc, greenmangaming