Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Anyone else having sign-in hell at the site right now? I even reset my password and they still won't let me sign in. This site is so not-ready-for-primetime.

edit : Just figured it out -- my Username is not my email. What an amateur site this is. Now to see if my CC will work this time...

... it didn't, but Paypal did. Thanks for the heads-up OP. I was able to use a forgotten extra copy of King's Bounty for a $2.50 trade in. Must have got that from this site as a freebie years ago and forgot all about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Man is going to be selling Dead Island but it's not up for pre-order yet. Hopefully they will have a crazy deal like with Deus Ex.

Did the code still work for people? Trying to see if I need to update the price to $45 or $36.

[quote name='Killbomb']Green Man is going to be selling Dead Island but it's not up for pre-order yet. Hopefully they will have a crazy deal like with Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]
They will be getting Saints Row 3 as well which is Steamworks. They seem to like to do these deals for pre-orders which is great.

[quote name='rybrad']Did the code still work for people? Trying to see if I need to update the price to $45 or $36.

They will be getting Saints Row 3 as well which is Steamworks. They seem to like to do these deals for pre-orders which is great.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I asked on their Facebook page about Dead Island but forgot about Saint's Row as well as Skyrim and Arkham City.

That's only for retail games. Some games sold on other digital distribution sites do register on Steam, like GameStop's past Fallout 3 GOTY that did successfully register on Steam, although it isn't on the retail list, only Fallout: NV is. So, that list isn't always reliable. My advice is to contact support, as you can't be sure of it unless someone vouches for it or if it is said explicitly on the site itself. Hope this helps.

[quote name='solohunter']is nba worth it? how is it on a pc?[/QUOTE]
the graphics are amazing, i use a xbox controller on the pc and its just like console controls

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Anyone happen to know if SPAZ from Greenman Gaming will/does activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Per their Facebook page, the Steam version will be released on Aug. 15th. They are still in beta stage and will be putting V1.0 up for sale then.

deus ex: hr was only $34 after the coupon the op for me, couldn't pass it up at that price since i was ready and willing to pay full price

thanks op

any chance Deus Ex will go back down to $29 with the code? I didn't realize the original price was going to be increased by $9.....

[quote name='kjs7']any chance Deus Ex will go back down to $29 with the code? I didn't realize the original price was going to be increased by $9.....[/QUOTE]
They might drop the price again before it comes out, they seem to be pretty aggressive with the pre-order pricing. However, I am not sure if they are doing anymore discount codes in August as that is supposedly a July only promo.

@jkimrey: I think this is the cheapest I have seen it and for that price you get a whole lot of game.

Anyone else having credit card issues? Like it saying that you are not authorized to use the card? It's weird because I'm getting that when I know my cards are valid. I've tried 2 Visa cards, both debit and credit and I'm still getting this error. I've submitted a ticket to their support. Juts a little odd...

[quote name='jkimrey']Seems like a good price; has it been cheaper than this anywhere?[/QUOTE]

It was $11.18 on GamersGate while back when you bought it off of the Euro site which also activated on Steam, but you can't really complain about the $0.81 difference. I'd say go for it. =]

[quote name='rybrad']They might drop the price again before it comes out, they seem to be pretty aggressive with the pre-order pricing. However, I am not sure if they are doing anymore discount codes in August as that is supposedly a July only promo.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. I planned to buy it when I got paid a week ago, but unfortunately some other things more important than games came up so I wasn't able to buy it. $35 is a good deal, but I'm a classic CAG so $6 less is a big deal for me. I would appreciate it GMG (so would plenty of other people) :D

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']"Unable to confirm payment status from PayPal."

GMG email matches my verified paypal email. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

States right at checkout Paypal purchasing is suspended due to fraud issues.

[quote name='Datajack']States right at checkout Paypal purchasing is suspended due to fraud issues.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o What did you do Datajack!!! You broked it!!! :wall: j/k :)

Bah! Civ 5 sale now dead, back to $40. Was great deal but lousy purchase system if you wanted multiple copies. Jumping through hoops just to do it. Not to mention high chance for fraud activity flagging from credit cards since London-based site.

[quote name='atreyuevr']:whistle2:o What did you do Datajack!!! You broked it!!! :wall: j/k :)[/QUOTE]

Not I, never used Paypal personally. They just are stating they've gotten hosed too much by Paypal use that they're shutting off that pay option for now. /shrug

so this is what flagged my card on fraud detection.
They cut my debit card and are sending me a new one so i'm stuck using checks til the new one comes in.
no online purchases for a bit, :(
At least it didn't cut out before i got some cheap strategy guides from Best Buy :D

[quote name='rybrad']Today's deal is Bioshock for $4.49. This game goes on sale on Steam for around $5 a lot so kinda meh.[/QUOTE]

I wonder, got a copy of that when it first came out on PC disc, is it something you can just "add" to your Steam game library for future download use?

[quote name='Daviddenton3']so this is what flagged my card on fraud detection.
They cut my debit card and are sending me a new one so i'm stuck using checks til the new one comes in.
no online purchases for a bit, :(
At least it didn't cut out before i got some cheap strategy guides from Best Buy :D[/QUOTE]

My card was denied and frozen as well when I tried to purchase Civ V. I guess my bank doesn't trust foreign transactions.

It should probably be added to OP that this is a foreign transaction and will freeze everyone's cards.

Mine charged 88 cents as a transaction fee as well.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It should probably be added to OP that this is a foreign transaction and will freeze everyone's cards.

Mine charged 88 cents as a transaction fee as well.[/QUOTE]

I've bought games from GOG (which is a foreign transaction) and never had my card freeze or get a transaction fee. Not everyone has a credit card with these problems.

[quote name='RollingSkull']It should probably be added to OP that this is a foreign transaction and will freeze everyone's cards.

Mine charged 88 cents as a transaction fee as well.[/QUOTE]
It says in the OP that they are located in the UK and it also says that if this is a foreign transaction your financial institution may charge you a currency conversion fee.

As mogamer noted, this is not a problem for all cards/financial institutions as several people (myself included) have been able to make purchases with no issues.

It wasn't a big deal to get my card unfrozen. I just had to call my bank to verify the attempted charge. I used Paypal to pay for the game and it wasn't a problem.

I discovered the problem when I tried to get some food at a a drive-thru. The guy just gave me the food for free so I wouldn't hold up the line.

Civ V for $12.00 and free lunch, YMMV.

I ordered magika and DLC for it a couple months ago from this site and had no issues with card freezing or transaction fees. I guess my bank doesn't care about me :(

Citi gave me a call about 10 minutes after the transaction. They asked my name, phone number, and a security question. Then asked if I authorized the charge. I said yes, and they said thank you, they'll continue with the charge and will unfreeze my account immediately.

I actually appreciated the quick but thorough level of security on their part.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I didn't have any issues with my bank at all. They did call me to make sure it wasn't a fraudulent charge, and I had to verify my identify via an extra step with my bank before completing the purchase, but no extra charges or credit card freezing.

so i finally played Civilization 5 for a little over a hour last night (picked it up for $11.00 on sale), and I am really enjoying it. It is a really fun game and improves 4 really well...

[quote name='loomis1975']I'm seeing Bioshock 2 for 5.98 British Pounds, not US Dollars.[/QUOTE]

GMG's site is a bit wonky with currency. If you log in to their site, it should display things correctly (if not, open a ticket with support and they will fix it).

I can confirm that the price for Bioshock 2 is $5.98 USD. See: Weekend Deals

my bank cut off my card due to "suspicious activity" though they cut off my card before calling me or letting me know in any way.
They eventually called later that day and i did confirm that i made that purchase on a foreign website but by then they had already "burned" my card so i have to wait a week to get a new one

bread's done
Back