Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Today's deal is Alpha Protocol for $7.45 and it registers on Steam.

Alpha Protocol is MUCH better than reviews indicate. If you can get past the janky combat (melee + stealth character helps a lot) it is a really interesting game. It will never be the "best" game but it is certainly a fun game.

I'm playing it right now and it is not bad at all. I got it for $5 during the summer sale and I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth. The combat's pretty rough but I like the characters a lot and the limited amount of time to pick a response during conversations keeps the dialogue flowing nicely.

From my experience, it's best to pick one or two weapons to specialize in and then maybe level up stealth and martial arts once or twice. There are some missions where there's a greater emphasis on sneaking and minimal casualties and it's much easier to do if you have some skill with stealth/martial arts.

For the record, Bank of America did put a hold on my account after my purchase last night. I called and after being on hold for about 30 minutes (at 1am EST, no less) it took about 5 minutes to verify my purchases and take the hold off my account. I have made a few big purchases recently, so it might or might not been solely because of GMG.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'm playing it right now and it is not bad at all. I got it for $5 during the summer sale and I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth.[/QUOTE]

Same. Honestly I like everything about the core game, my only problems are with the poor performance of the game itself, and the awful controls. This game was not designed for keyboard and mouse.

I would have been annoyed at full price, but it's well worth 5 or 7 dollars both, as long as you have patience.

I went ahead and ordered Deus Ex: HR. Great deal, 10 bucks cheaper than Steam. My credit card didn't work by itself, had to go through PayPal. Kind of lame, but whatever.

Does anybody know how referrals work? I'm trying to use a friend's link and it just takes me to greenmangaming.com, with no indication that I had gotten there using a referral link.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Does anybody know how referrals work? I'm trying to use a friend's link and it just takes me to greenmangaming.com, with no indication that I had gotten there using a referral link.[/QUOTE]

yea, that's how it's suppose to be, when I did it, I just went directly to the homepage but it still worked.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']yea, that's how it's suppose to be, when I did it, I just went directly to the homepage but it still worked.[/QUOTE]

Then you created a new account with the link on the front page (redirected from the referral link)? That sounds a bit odd.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']Then you created a new account with the link on the front page (redirected from the referral link)? That sounds a bit odd.[/QUOTE]

yes, once you create an acct, you friend will get a message in the refer a friend section.. stating that you registered and that he will get a 5 dollar credit once you buy something for 5 dollars or more

[quote name='ARCorr']Hmm, thinking about getting alpha protocol, anybody want to refer me? Send me a pm[/QUOTE]

I can't PM, Im on my phone. But I'd be VERY appreciative if you used my link!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=bugebino

THANK YOU :)

Paypal is trying to force me to add my bank routing & account number, anyone else have this problem? GMG refuses to go through with the transaction unless said numbers are verified on paypal. It won't let me pay with my credit card or use my credit card through paypal...

*Edit* Screw paypal, I called my bank and had them authorize my account for 24 hours for UK transactions (apparently that was the issue). Worked fine with just my card after that! No need for paypal in the end. Got the augmented edition for $40 with the 20% off code, thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kjs7']For the record, Bank of America did put a hold on my account after my purchase last night. I called and after being on hold for about 30 minutes (at 1am EST, no less) it took about 5 minutes to verify my purchases and take the hold off my account. I have made a few big purchases recently, so it might or might not been solely because of GMG.[/QUOTE]
Yep, US Bank did the same to me. They originally weren't going to lift the hold because they were hellbent on their opinion that Green Man Gaming being a gambling site. I had to explain like 3 times that it was a video game distribution service. Sheesh.

[quote name='Flunkie']Yep, US Bank did the same to me. They originally weren't going to lift the hold because they were hellbent on Green Man Gaming being a gambling site. I had to explain like 3 times that it was a video game distribution service. Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Lol @ that. I bank through them as well. Glad I haven't run into that problem. XD

-snip- guess this should go to the referral forums -sillyme-
got Worms Reloaded :D (Steam had it cheaper but with the referral bonus and all it works out to be the same so why not)

The weekend deal is Worms Reloaded for $9.97. This game is a Steamworks title.

FYI for the few people posting referral stuff, the mods already rampaged through this thread twice about referral stuff. Apparently you are supposed to use the referral forum so have fun bumping a thread a million times a week lol

[quote name='wilflare']haha edited my post
guess i should put it in my sig the way you did in your previous posts :p[/QUOTE]
Yea that is pretty much what everyone does now. Although sometimes my sig doesn't show up like on my last post.

haha it's a good idea though.
with all these referrals, i wonder bout GMG's profit margins
great price + discount code + referral schemes.. gosh

Wondering if anyone was interested in this trade.

Have: 10 TF2 Keys ($2.50 each key in mannstore) + $13.22 in steam wallet (will buy anything that amount/up too that amount)

Want: Deus Ex: Human Revolution from GreenManGaming promo

well I just used that second coupon they put up and preordered both Tropico 4 and Red Orchestra 2 Deluxe

total spent - $101.16 for

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Digital Deluxe Edition
and Tropico 4

all will activate on Steam

I'd say that was a pretty damn good deal :bouncy:

any word on whether we will start getting our Deus Ex keys next week (or if steam will start preloads next week)?

Bought From Dust, wishfully thinking it would activate, but it's looking more and more like it won't. Makes me a sad panda. $12 down the pipe!

[quote name='Flunkie']Bought From Dust, wishfully thinking it would activate, but it's looking more and more like it won't. Makes me a sad panda. $12 down the pipe![/QUOTE]

Wait... what? You mean activate on Steam? No it won't. But it's not a waste. You can download from their capsule, and then I imagine stop using the capsule after installation. From then on, you can just launch from the .exe.

No?

[quote name='rct316']Wondering if anyone was interested in this trade.

Have: 10 TF2 Keys ($2.50 each key in mannstore) + $13.22 in steam wallet (will buy anything that amount/up too that amount)

Want: Deus Ex: Human Revolution from GreenManGaming promo[/QUOTE]

offers still stands

[quote name='mattcube64']Wait... what? You mean activate on Steam? No it won't. But it's not a waste. You can download from their capsule, and then I imagine stop using the capsule after installation. From then on, you can just launch from the .exe.

No?[/QUOTE]
It's not a waste, but I'm one of those guys who has a "Steam or bust" mentality. I'll trade the key for something, or something. Something. :p

[quote name='Flunkie']It's not a waste, but I'm one of those guys who has a "Steam or bust" mentality. I'll trade the key for something, or something. Something. :p[/QUOTE]

Well if you're not gonna use the key at all, and you can transfer it to someone else; shoot me a PM. I'm not too keen on the game; but I'll gift you a cheap steam game or paypal you a couple bucks for it.

Lemme know!

[quote name='mcthatch']I am confused...isn't TF2 free now?[/QUOTE]

He means keys as in Mann Co keys, which is the in game store.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Any opinions on Red Orchestra 2? I am in the mood for a WW2 shooter.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit hesitant at $40; but for the deal you can get it for at GMG, I think it's definitely worth it! It's quite a bit different from CoD or BF, but that's a good thing in my opinion. Teamwork is absolutely crucial, and nobody can be a one man army.

RO1 had some great maps, too.

I think I'm used up on all the current voucher codes and hesitant to get Dead Island even at that price

Ok looks like GMG is going to be having a 28 days of zombie sales. I will update the OP later today with full details.

For now you can go to http://www.greenmangaming.com/promo/zombies/ and use the code EATIN-BRAIN-ZZZZZ for 15% off any of those titles. Some of those may be available using the 20% off code so try that first. This code should also work on Dead Island but the 20% off should still be working as well.

Anybody know when the 20% codes expire? With the code and my credit I could get Dead Island for less than $30, but I'd like to wait and see how much the special edition will cost in stores (comes with a ton of goods).

How does the preorder work for Dead Island? Do they give you the code right there and charge your card, or do they wait till release day to give you the code. I almost want to bite on it but I am also kinda worried it will suck.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Anybody know when the 20% codes expire? With the code and my credit I could get Dead Island for less than $30, but I'd like to wait and see how much the special edition will cost in stores (comes with a ton of goods).[/QUOTE]
The 20% code should last at least for another week. The 15% off code will last for 28 days. So worst case scenario you lose out on 5% if you don't get it in-store.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How does the preorder work for Dead Island? Do they give you the code right there and charge your card, or do they wait till release day to give you the code. I almost want to bite on it but I am also kinda worried it will suck.[/QUOTE]
Your credit card is charged right away. You will theoretically receive the code on release day but I have always received them a day or two early.

bread's done
Back