* * * * - 14 votes

Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

green man gaming gmg pc downloads pc greenmangaming

#10321 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:15 AM

I prefer

North-Park.jpg

what type of park is that

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#10322 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

Noobs...

9781569709856.jpg

Actually the TV Drama was very good.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#10323 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Noobs...

9781569709856.jpg

I like my explicit material to involve real fake people. You know, people of real flesh and blood whose body parts I ogle over are fake.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#10324 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Noobs...

9781569709856.jpg

Never thought I'd see that here.. what a fucked up manga/anime series. I still need to read Volume 4. And watch the TV Drama... Don't pretend you're surprised.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#10325 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5148 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

According to this post PlayFire is actually banning SAM-users.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=6291

#10326 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Finally those dirty sons of bitches will get what's coming to them! And ewww, you said neogaf........gross.

#10327 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Sounds like if you don't use Sam you get banned

#10328 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5120 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

I don't really give a Fuck about this argument but since you asked...

If you'd like to explain why it's not akin to piracy, be my guest. That's not really the point of my "moral crusade" (as I explained above in my reply to Brut), but it really isn't much different.

Its not piracy...  Piracy involves not paying anyone for anything.  aka developer/publisher/etc don't get anything but in this case they are as people are buying the game legitimately.  Trust me, 2K or whomever, isn't going to not take their share because someone worked Playfire/GMG's system.

#10329 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Now that those issues are starting to be cleared up... time will tell if they spend their time actually punishing the accounts that have been exploiting rewards through SAM.

Except that it's cleared up for some people who were having issues and then screwed up for some who weren't like me and Neuro so...

Basically.

So they are banning non SAM users and not banning obvious SAM users. They fixed the problems some people were having with Playfire and created problems for some who previously weren't having any.

Good job GMG, good job.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#10330 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8203 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

I don't know. When it comes to places like NeoGAF, it's guilty until proven innocent. I don't know that person well enough to take their word that A) SAM bans are happening and B) that they're innocent. People lie about ban reasons/claim innocence/"troll" all the time when it comes to those sort of things. An isolated incident isn't enough to convince me. Screenshots would help their case, at least when it comes to it saying "We banned you for using SAM", I suppose screenshots can't prove lack of SAM usage.

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#10331 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

All this pirating talk

Hey remember when everyone was pirating games from EA by using that coupon that wasn't intended for everyone but everyone used it.

Did we have people white knighting in that thread or because it's EA it's ok?

#10332 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

woohoo, finally got my playfire credits.     

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10333 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

woohoo, finally got my playfire credits.

Only cheaters get reward credits.

#10334 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4630 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:38 PM

Only cheaters get reward credits.

don't cheat, I only got like 3 dollars in credits but I'll take it.  The only Sam on my computer is the dog detective.

sam-max-wii.jpg

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10335 Cyset   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

I think someone mentioned earlier you could have been playing in offline mode, and when you logged on they updated.

I would of had way more Civ V achievements then I currently do if this worked. My wife plays civ V mostly in offline mode. Nothing ever pops up when I log in.

Feel free to friend me

Steam/Origin/PSN: Kanmekaz 

#10336 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

I would of had way more Civ V achievements then I currently do if this worked. My wife plays civ V mostly in offline mode. Nothing ever pops up when I log in.

It works for some games and not others.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#10337 Cyset   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Oh I get your point 100% and honestly, I completely agree (about people screwing it up for everyone, not the piracy crap) BUT you can't control the random people on the internet. You and I both know this is getting exploited to hell and back right now by far more people then just a couple of people on CAG. Jump in while you can before it's gone for good.

I don't know many people outside of the CAG community with libraries vast enough to exploit this. Digital PC gaming isn't really the biggest market. Even so I am friends with many of gamers and gaming groups and none of them know or use playfire.

Feel free to friend me

Steam/Origin/PSN: Kanmekaz 

#10338 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

Digital PC gaming isn't really the biggest market.

23487240.jpg

#10339 Bruticis   Banned Banned   1558 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

I don't know many people outside of the CAG community with libraries vast enough to exploit this. Digital PC gaming isn't really the biggest market. Even so I am friends with many of gamers and gaming groups and none of them know or use playfire.

Take pep over on neocraps, reddit, and 4chan gaming forums. LOTS of people talk about it and those are the 3 heavy hitters.

#10340 Thermopyle  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

I'm curious as to whether he contacted support and that's how they caught it. 

Thermopyle2.png

#10341 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Clearly they caught him because the system is humming along like a well oiled machine thanks to the experts they brought fix it.

#10342 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2227 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:08 PM

I believe he said he did contact them concerning missing credit and they determined he was using SAM and banned him.  Apparently he wasn't and has had his account reinstated and credits applied.

Edited:  He contacted a specific person to review the situation because general support said "Whatevah, you are banned and you don't get to ask why".

#10343 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think someone mentioned earlier you could have been playing in offline mode, and when you logged on they updated.

FWIW I played through Waking Mars on Desura before it came out on Steam. Then I played it on Steam, loaded my old save near the end and all the achievements magically popped up before I even had an real play time in it on Steam. So yeah, it's possible. 

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10344 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

FWIW I played through Waking Mars on Desura before it came out on Steam. Then I played it on Steam, loaded my old save near the end and all the achievements magically popped up before I even had an real play time in it on Steam. So yeah, it's possible.

I play all my games in offline mode, because I am not always online.

#10345 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

I had the same thing happen with SR3... copied my save over from a friend's computer I initially played it on.

#10346 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

I play all my games in offline mode, because I am not always online.

MysterD? Is that you?

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10347 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5603 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

And unbanned

#10348 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

I believe he said he did contact them concerning missing credit and they determined he was using SAM and banned him.  Apparently he wasn't and has had his account reinstated and credits applied.

Edited:  He contacted a specific person to review the situation because general support said "Whatevah, you are banned and you don't get to ask why".

And unbanned

So basically, his/her banning amounted to 'Where's my credits?' 'You suck. NO SOUP FOR YOU!' Playfire Nazi's Boss: "Whoops, sorry dude'.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10349 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4178 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

Their support seems really on top of things.

Maybe I should stop SAM'ing.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#10350 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Their support seems really on top of things.

Maybe I should stop SAM'ing.

People should post their hauls they got using their free money.