The OTT is heading off to rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me? Dead? Nah....just growing older by the day.

As for the whole Patron bit...I've changed gears slightly. I couldn't even tell you the last time I've had Patron. I stick to my tequila kegs more or less....

...well, and these:

tequila.jpg

There's always a story involved. :cool:

[quote name='marten']me? Dead? Nah....just growing older by the day.

As for the whole patron bit...i've changed gears slightly. I couldn't even tell you the last time i've had patron. I stick to my tequila kegs more or less....

...well, and these:

tequila.jpg

there's always a story involved. :cool:[/quote]

tn, td :cool:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']tn, td :cool:[/QUOTE]

Good to see you, Casey.

Long version: The blue bottles are Cuervo Platino...probably one of my favorite silvers. First bottle I ever had was probably 3-4 years ago before it was mass produced. Cost me $160 back then, and it wasn't bad.

Fast forward to....roughly 18 months ago, and it goes mainstream. Going rate on it is 60-65 a bottle...and I preferred it over Patron Anejo.

Jump ahead to last month...and it goes clearance at the liquor store. 60-65 is now down to 28.95 a bottle. So I cleaned them out. The picture doesn't show the 4 cases I have as well...they ended up taking me for 41 bottles of Platino, and 6 bottles of Limited Reserve @ 80 a shot (normally 135-140 out here).

Short version: Clearance awesome tequila? Yes, please. :cool:

Did you know you can check current stock level of all the liquor stores in the state online?

I didn't.

Then I figured that out. Bad things occurred soon afterwards.

[quote name='marten']Good to see you, Casey.

Long version: The blue bottles are Cuervo Platino...probably one of my favorite silvers. First bottle I ever had was probably 3-4 years ago before it was mass produced. Cost me $160 back then, and it wasn't bad.

Fast forward to....roughly 18 months ago, and it goes mainstream. Going rate on it is 60-65 a bottle...and I preferred it over Patron Anejo.

Jump ahead to last month...and it goes clearance at the liquor store. 60-65 is now down to 28.95 a bottle. So I cleaned them out. The picture doesn't show the 4 cases I have as well...they ended up taking me for 41 bottles of Platino, and 6 bottles of Limited Reserve @ 80 a shot (normally 135-140 out here).

Short version: Clearance awesome tequila? Yes, please. :cool:[/QUOTE]
You may have been gone, but you've always been in my heart.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You may have been gone, but you've always been in my heart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been an interesting few months to say the least...

New job.
New nephew.
New camera due to nephew.
New lenses due to nephew.
Got to see neighbor with chopped off hand.
More tequila.
More beer.

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary I would say.

How the hell are you? ;)

[quote name='marten']Yeah, it's been an interesting few months to say the least...

New job.
New nephew.
New camera due to nephew.
New lenses due to nephew.
Got to see neighbor with chopped off hand.
More tequila.
More beer.

Yeah, that's a pretty good summary I would say.

How the hell are you? ;)[/QUOTE]

Cranky. Still waiting for my cask of oak-aged tequila that got lost in the mail 18 months ago.

Also: potato vodka is my friend.

[quote name='Chika']Cranky. Still waiting for my cask of oak-aged tequila that got lost in the mail 18 months ago.

Also: potato vodka is my friend.[/QUOTE]

Would you believe I actually had a keg leak, and lost the entire batch?

Not shitting you either....I had a leak in the back of the keg, and it was one of those slow drips that probably took many months, and I never smelled a damn thing.

This is what it did to my curtain (notice I haven't changed the curtain yet in case of any future leaks):

curtain.jpg

It met a horrible death.

Followed immediately by buying 5 more kegs. ;)

I haven't forgotten, either. The gnome still sits on top of one of my speakers.

[quote name='marten']Would you believe I actually had a keg leak, and lost the entire batch?

It met a horrible death.

Followed immediately by buying 5 more kegs. ;)

I haven't forgotten, either. The gnome still sits on top of one of my speakers.[/QUOTE]

Sorry:(

MUAHAHAHAHA the gnome :rofl:

The doctor put me on a stupid gluten-free diet so a lot of liquor is off the menu. Tequila and potato/grape/apple vodka are my best options these days. Did you know most commercial vodkas are made from grain now because wheat is cheaper than potato? I haven't found super tasty potato vodka yet. Ciroc grape vodka is good, but it has a bit of a flavor since it's made from grapes. Core apple vodka is good, too.

Gluten-free....what a buzzkill. Vodka though....I could see some creative things being done with vodka....namely what can you shove into vodka bottles to flavor them. It could be deemed "organic" even.....

Although....I was having a debate with someone today about vices and habits, and my tequila/coffee habits came up against her red wine/coffee habits.

I told her at least she could play the "healthy heart/cholesterol" bit with red wine....I had no benefits to tequila whatsoever.

And now I do....it's diet friendly.

Did that leak ruin your carpet/tile? Looks discusting, mangten.
---
Not sure how I did it, but I got hired as an assistant manager for a storaging company with potential to be full on manager in three months. Go me, $$$$a, go me.

Nope, the curtain absorbed it all. I now have strategic towel placement just in case, but I keep an eye on them every week/other week or thereabouts.

Has a nice vanilla/caramel smell to it now, too....which pisses me off to no end, because I had a feeling that batch was gonna be fantastic.

That was the only Cuervo keg I had going at the time...I now have 6.

Good to see you're still alive, TFN. Still single? ;)

[quote name='marten']Nope, the curtain absorbed it all. I now have strategic towel placement just in case, but I keep an eye on them every week/other week or thereabouts.

Has a nice vanilla/caramel smell to it now, too....which pisses me off to no end, because I had a feeling that batch was gonna be fantastic.

That was the only Cuervo keg I had going at the time...I now have 6.

Good to see you're still alive, TFN. Still single? ;)[/QUOTE]

My newest project is brewing mead. I've got a batch of agave mead racking at 75 degrees and a batch of maple syrup mead in the primary fermenter.

2-3lbs of honey/agave nectar/maple syrup per gallon of water, 1 pkg regular dry active yeast and 25 raisins. Primary fermentation is 1-2 weeks until the bubbles stop then rack either dry or wet, warm or cold. We've been doing a wet rack with more honey/agave/maple at room temp for 3-6 months. Really easy. The agave mead has hints of tequila/mezcal; it's really good. Tonight we racked/bottled agave and brewed maple.

[quote name='Chika']My newest project is brewing mead. I've got a batch of agave mead racking at 75 degrees and a batch of maple syrup mead in the primary fermenter.

2-3lbs of honey/agave nectar/maple syrup per gallon of water, 1 pkg regular dry active yeast and 25 raisins. Primary fermentation is 1-2 weeks until the bubbles stop then rack either dry or wet, warm or cold. We've been doing a wet rack with more honey/agave/maple at room temp for 3-6 months. Really easy. The agave mead has hints of tequila/mezcal; it's really good. Tonight we racked/bottled agave and brewed maple.[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting. Always see mead at 99 Bottles, but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.

We may have to come to an....arrangement. I always trade beers from coast to coast....perhaps I shall have to expand my horizons a bit as well.

And I think home kegging is beginning to take off. I was in the liquor store last Friday with a friend, and they had a "do it yourself aging" pack with raw un-aged whiskey (clear), a 2L keg, some glasses, and a few other things in it. I believe it was Jack Daniels, and they wanted like 150 bucks for it. Made me smile. :D

There's a distillery up in Woodinville that sells kits like that as well but I haven't had a chance to go and check it out. There's just something badass about aging yer own whisky.

Yeah, I have no doubt I probably could go into business just aging cheap horrible tequila and selling it to people I know. One of my friends is taking a run at a keg with just entry level Jack in it as well. Curious to see how that turns out.

[quote name='TheRock88']Woah, it's Marten![/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm alive and still have a functioning liver.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm ashamed to admit, a previous chat earlier today brought up the topic of Catherine, which was then followed by "Damn, I haven't been on CAG in forever...."

The followup to that was seeing Marten + Patron in the OTT....it's like I never left.
icon_wink.gif

So what have I missed?

[quote name='marten']Yep, I'm alive and still have a functioning liver.
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm ashamed to admit, a previous chat earlier today brought up the topic of Catherine, which was then followed by "Damn, I haven't been on CAG in forever...."

The followup to that was seeing Marten + Patron in the OTT....it's like I never left.
icon_wink.gif

So what have I missed?[/QUOTE]
Slow your posts down. Don't you know that OTTs last for weeks now?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Slow your posts down. Don't you know that OTTs last for weeks now?[/QUOTE]

How far the mighty have fallen....

Good news everyone. With the 40% off sale on Amazon you can get both Enslaved and Vanquish for $30.70. That's a great deal for two of the best games to come out recently. Also, they have Fallout New Vegas in that sale for $19.99.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Slow your posts down. Don't you know that OTTs last for weeks now?[/QUOTE]

Weeks...I thought you guys were up to months now?

Morning, OTT!

[quote name='craven_fiend']Weeks...I thought you guys were up to months now?

Morning, OTT![/QUOTE]

The last one went surprisingly quick.

I think F:NV's retail price is $19.99, Mak. No sale there. NO SALE.[quote name='marten']

Good to see you're still alive, TFN. Still single? ;)[/QUOTE]I'm pretty much dead nowadays. :(

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
emma-trollface.jpg

Oh my.[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='Brak']Damn. That died kinda quick. :'[[/QUOTE]Yeah.. :(

[quote name='Number83']The last one went surprisingly quick.[/QUOTE]

I think the only reason for that was because people love asking you what Star Wars stuff you're going to buy. That accounted for at least 80% of the posts. Speaking of which - are you going to buy a tauntaun sleeping bag?

[quote name='Maklershed']I think the only reason for that was because people love asking you what Star Wars stuff you're going to buy. That accounted for at least 80% of the posts. Speaking of which - are you going to buy a tauntaun sleeping bag?[/QUOTE]

I thought about it, but seriously what am I going to do with a Sleeping Bag?

Maybe Number85 would like one...
__

I do have one of these for each of them:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/b72c/

Mine is Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker - Green
Number83.5 uses Empire Strikes back Luke - Blue
Number84 uses Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader - Red
Number85 uses Darth Maul Double Bladed Lightsaber

I can't get Mrs. Number83 to touch any lightsaber.../rimshot

I have that sleeping bag. It's quite warm and fairly comfortable with the only real issue being that one of the tusks on the head makes the pillow a little uncomfortable.

I am very disappointed by the extreme lack of gaming I have done this summer. I had a ton of work this summer which is one thing but there hasnt been a single release that I wanted to play in the first place.

From Dust drops tomorrow and that will be the first game I have bought in a couple months.

[quote name='JStryke']Just goes to show that people don't know who John Boehner is.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me, or does anyone else expect Boehner to rip off his skin, revealing a Terminator-esque endoskeleton?

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back