Amazon/GS: Playstation 3D Display w/ Motorstorm & Resistance 3 - $500

[quote name='gomikeoh']deal: this is not.[/QUOTE]

You get a $60 game for free, that isn't offered at other places? For people interested in it, yes it is. It DOES NOT come with resistance 3. They cancelled that and it is now bundled with motorstorm. Amazon is throwing in resistance 3 if you pre order

Guys - They are including Resistance 3 as Sony basically will send off shovelware to make profit (Motorstorm ain't shovelware but not AAA..)
AMAZON is still including Resistance 3 though as it was a promise initially...so yeah stop flaming.

Still undecided on this. Would be cool to watch some 3D moves I guess, and does anyone know if it would work with the 360 as well?

[quote name='gomikeoh']22 inch 3dtv with 2 sub 30dollar games come this holiday for 500 a deal?

Cmon.[/QUOTE]

24" 3DTV with 1 AAA game that isn't out yet and one game that hasn't been under $30 yet***

Hence why I said undecided but good job being a pretentious cock against someone who actually will help some college students who have small dorms.

Once more - thanks OP for the heads up.

[quote name='R0tatioNz']24" 3DTV with 1 AAA game that isn't out yet and one game that hasn't been under $30 yet***

Hence why I said undecided but good job being a pretentious cock against someone who actually will help some college students who have small dorms.

Once more - thanks OP for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
if you want to spend 500 on a 22 inch tv, kudos to you my friend. Kudos to you.

The deal Is that its Amazon and gs are still going to include resistance 3 even though Sony replaced it with motor storm. Resistance 3 is obviously the better game and other places carrying the 3dtv bundle with not have Resistance 3, therefor you are getting a deal (unless you prefer motorstorm over resistance 3) when you order from amazon and gs. It wouldn't be a deal if you just bought it with motor storm.

[quote name='gomikeoh']if you want to spend 500 on a 22 inch tv, kudos to you my friend. Kudos to you.[/QUOTE]

Well it is a 3d tv (and boy are those things anything but cheap right now) and it comes with two great games. Thats a good deal to me :)

Gonna pre order this. 24" is perfect for gaming in my dorm. I already have a 40" LCD back at home, so there really is no point in buying another large TV which I'll never use compared to this one since it's going to be used exclusively for gaming. Also, if the 3D really is gimmicky or it doesn't turn out to be all that great for me, I'll just return it or resell it and keep the games (maybe saving some money that way too).

[quote name='TheRock88']But are they 3D?[/QUOTE]

Also, Active 3D. Don't see this much in TV's anymore as they are all passive. It's the more expensive, better quality version.

[quote name='orale1226']It comes with resistance 3, it's not a bonus.[/QUOTE]

IT IS a bonus. The 3DTV comes with Motorstorm Apocalypse. Sony changed it. Now Amazon is giving Resistance 3 for free along with Motorstorm Apocalypse.

If this is the 3d tv that Sony showcased at E3 then I'm somewhat intrigued. Yes it has 3d like other sets but what sets it apart from the others is that it can display a separate 3d image to each pair of glasses. Two people can view full screen 3d gameplay instead of splitscreen.

If I can play games while my wife watches sitcoms at the same time I'm all for it. Just needs to be at least 32"

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']
If I can play games while my wife watches sitcoms at the same time I'm all for it. Just needs to be at least 32"[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's how it works...

Is the 3D similar to the real3D in theaters? If so, wouldn't that naturally entail a higher price for the size offered, or am I missing something here?

How would something like this tv serve as a pc monitor for gaming? It'll be great to have everything right there pc, ps3, 3d tv, bluray....

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']If this is the 3d tv that Sony showcased at E3 then I'm somewhat intrigued. Yes it has 3d like other sets but what sets it apart from the others is that it can display a separate 3d image to each pair of glasses. Two people can view full screen 3d gameplay instead of splitscreen.

If I can play games while my wife watches sitcoms at the same time I'm all for it. Just needs to be at least 32"[/QUOTE]

This won't display two 3D screens in split screen, it just displays 2D splitscreen in fullscreen. In fact this technology isn't anything new. I am not sure how wide-spread it is, but it is not new. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJcVPvjUJo

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This won't display two 3D screens in split screen, it just displays 2D splitscreen in fullscreen. In fact this technology isn't anything new. I am not sure how wide-spread it is, but it is not new. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJcVPvjUJo[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the video, that splitscreen thing is really awesome, now I'm definitely preordering this!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Got the 50" samsumg 3d from bb for $490.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about this: (or something along these lines?) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...HDTV/2135072.p?id=1218310760716&skuId=2135072

Your comparing a 51" 720P Samsung Plasma (that is outdated and very low end) passive 3d display.

The 24" is 1080p ACTIVE 3D Display WITH active 3D glasses (which will retail for $70), includes TWO games (which will probably be retail $80 - 100 around the release of this TV), and an HDMI cable.

So lets say:

Playstation 3D Display 24" - $330 - $350ish
Resistance 3 - $50 or $60
Motorstorm - $20 or $30
3D Glasses - $70
HDMI Cable - $10

For those unfamiliar with the difference between active and passive:

Passive 3D essentially splits the resolution of the 3d images in half, and uses two different lenses.

Active 3D, on the other hand, has technology in the glasses, and keeps full resolution of the 3D image on screen. The glasses repeatedly blink back and forth (very very fast) to give you a full resolution 3D image.

More tv's now a days are using Passive since it's cheaper, but Active is truly the best for quality.

I personally have no intentions on buying a 3D TV, although i cannot deny this a a great deal for an active 3d television.

[quote name='poker360']Are you talking about this: (or something along these lines?) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...HDTV/2135072.p?id=1218310760716&skuId=2135072

Your comparing a 51" 720P Samsung Plasma (that is outdated and very low end) passive 3d display.

The 24" is 1080p ACTIVE 3D Display WITH active 3D glasses (which will retail for $70), includes TWO games (which will probably be retail $80 - 100 around the release of this TV), and an HDMI cable.

So lets say:

Playstation 3D Display 24" - $330 - $350ish
Resistance 3 - $50 or $60
Motorstorm - $20 or $30
3D Glasses - $70
HDMI Cable - $10

For those unfamiliar with the difference between active and passive:

Passive 3D essentially splits the resolution of the 3d images in half, and uses two different lenses.

Active 3D, on the other hand, has technology in the glasses, and keeps full resolution of the 3D image on screen. The glasses repeatedly blink back and forth (very very fast) to give you a full resolution 3Db image.
M
More tv's now a days are using Passive since it's cheaper, but Active is truly the best for quality.

I personally have no intentions on buying a 3D TV, although i cannot deny this a a great deal for an active 3d television.[/QUOTE]

Not comparing at all. Guy was asking if u can get a 3d tv for $400. Im not interested in 3d, nver used it for that. And it was the PN50C490. Bought it maybe 6 months ago, I thought it was outdated back then, so no surprise it's outdated now haha

I'm insanely interested in this deal and I have no idea why. I don't care about 3D and 24" is small but I'm hovering over the 'Add to Cart' button

If I had that kind of money for this I'd jump on it. I don't consider this a deal seems more like MSRP, manufacturer's suggested retail price. I guess you could see it as a deal than buying the components separately. I see it more as a bundle like the Mario Kart Wii game and system. Throw in that Playstation 3 sound bar and I might reconsider passing on this. Was this 3D display originally going to be set/released at a higher price? Edit: I understand now why it is a deal get Resistance 3 free with purchase of 3D display that already comes with Motorstorm Apocalypse. Edit 2: CAG is acting weird won't let me space out text/register on the posted post my pressing of the enter key.

I prefer passive 3D, since I could just buy clip-ons for my glasses. I'll wait to hear the specs on this tv/monitor and what type of panel it has if it's ips or tn. It's a decent deal if it's comparable to the 3d monitors out but with a tv tuner. All of those are around 400-500 dollars. Otherwise I would just drop the extra $300 for an actual 3D tv if you're really interested in them.

It's a deal since Sony apparently took out Resistance from the bundle and replaced it with Motorstorm. But Amazon is now offering it with both.

When I try and order this it only shows the Motor game. It says nowhere that Resistance 3 is included.

...that epic fail moment you realize this TV won't be out in time for Resistance 3...and that an HDMI cable costs $1... lol. In all seriousness, it's a cool little package, and the split screen thing is good if you regularly play games with someone else on the same couch, but it's probably overpriced. I'd anticipate better models out soon enough.

[quote name='iAmRafy']When I try and order this it only shows the Motor game. It says nowhere that Resistance 3 is included.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. It's not an official pack-in anymore so it wouldn't show up in the cart. If you order from Amazon you'll definitely get it, and if not you can always argue the case and get credited.

For what you get there's really no doubt that this is an excellent value. You cannot find everything included here for $500. Even if you found a sub $400 3D set it isn't a Sony, and it won't have that split screen feature.

My first question would be whether or not it is able to run (and accept inputs) at 120hz like a BenQ, Asus, or Dell 3D monitor. Those displays run $340-$400 without the glasses or games.I don't think this is an earth-shattering deal, but it is likely a solid value depending on the technology.

Yeah, I have this preordered after I saw it on my goldbox for $474. Tempted to keep the order, but I need to see the specs on this before I buy it. The split screen looks neat.

[quote name='ssjmichael']For what you get there's really no doubt that this is an excellent value. You cannot find everything included here for $500. Even if you found a sub $400 3D set it isn't a Sony, and it won't have that split screen feature.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's a pretty economical package, however, 24" is tiny, especially for two people trying to play on one screen. Remember, a 24" HD screen is much smaller vertically than a 24" SD screen. In addition, you only get one pair of glasses, so you're looking at another $70 just to use the split screen feature. Personally, I would recommend waiting for the holiday sales as the Sony 32EX720 is already in the low to mid $700s most of the time with a 40" around $900, and generally they do a free two pairs of glasses giveaway every year and sometimes even throw in a Blu Ray player, so for a little more money, you could have a really nice 3D HDTV rather than a small monitor that is impractical for two player use and a couple games that will be cheap around the holidays when this monitor comes out anyway.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']If I had that kind of money for this I'd jump on it. I don't consider this a deal seems more like MSRP, manufacturer's suggested retail price. I guess you could see it as a deal than buying the components separately. I see it more as a bundle like the Mario Kart Wii game and system. Throw in that Playstation 3 sound bar and I might reconsider passing on this. Was this 3D display originally going to be set/released at a higher price? Edit: I understand now why it is a deal get Resistance 3 free with purchase of 3D display that already comes with Motorstorm Apocalypse. Edit 2: CAG is acting weird won't let me space out text/register on the posted post my pressing of the enter key.[/QUOTE]

I believe they changed the way forum code or whatever works. When i was in firefox it looked way different when editing posts, using < > instead of [ ] .... (i'm not exactly sure what this is called). Anyway, i changed back to safari and the issue was fixed.

bread's done
Back