Best Buy $0.01: LotR: The One Ring (pre-order bonus)

JediJames2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Not sure that it belongs here, but it looks like Best Buy is continuing to penny stuff out and post it on their site. Mostly a bunch of older pre-order bonuses (stuffed plushes, story books, ect.) that show out of stock in my area, but one recent pre-order bonus that is showing up is The One Ring you got for pre-ordering Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lord+Of...42.p?id=2225674&skuId=2684342&st=*&lp=38&cp=2

Good luck to those interested!

Oh, and it keep things semi on topic for this part of the board, they also have a version of Fast and Furious at $0.01 but it's not in stock/will ship when available (aka probably never at this point).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-ray+Disc/1816222.p?id=2181764&skuId=1816222&st=*&lp=40&cp=2

Telling me it can't verify my paypal and my credit card won't go through either. Works fine on Amazon and just bought a 5 dollar e-gift card to see if it'd go through and it did. Hopefully they'll email me it soon and I can get in on this because it's showing up for in-store pickup at my local Best Buy and I want the shit out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it worked for me, did in store pick up. Thanks!!!!

EDIT: It keeps canceling the order on me... it might be just me though because nothing ever worked for me on bestbuy.com.

Placed an order for in-store pickup with two BD movies I was going to order anyway with a RZ cert I had.

We'll see if that order goes through since it's not a single $0.01 item order.

The one ring isn't available for in-store pickup for me, just says "in-store only". I did manage to get the Tron shirt for in-store pickup though.

EDIT: And not 10 minutes later I got an email saying it's ready to be picked up. Not bad, Best Buy.

Just got an e-mail that my ring is not available in store. Called the number and they said none in 100 miles of me have it. Suuuuucks.

[quote name='D0RC']Mine said "in store only". Is this inside the Trilogy box or it is a separate box?[/QUOTE]It's in a separate package, not part of the Trilogy package.

I ordered the ring earlier, and it was not located upon stock pick. Too bad.

To make matters more interesting: I ordered another penny item, a toy plush which they located, and thanked me for my pickup within eight minutes, all while the store was closed. I was not involved, and that means I was charged fraudulently. Any suggestions?

The two BD titles I ordered are ready for in-store pickup, though the ring bonus item is still pending inventory check. I'm betting it'll be denied, though we'll see what happens by the of the day.

So is this attached to a pre-order card or is this supposed to be a bonus that you pick up with the actual bluray? It's completely sold out online and doesn't allow for in-store pickup anymore :[

[quote name='karkyco']"Unavailable" at every store in LA. And I know one store had dozens of these things a few days ago. How do you even search for preorder bonus items at Best Buy that may be pennied out? "Preorder bonus" and "pre-order bonus" search returns items starting at $2.99 and $4.99.

EDIT: Never mind, playing around on the site I managed to find a full search from low to high with a bunch of pennied items.[/QUOTE]

broken link :(

[quote name='hmbtnguy']So is this attached to a pre-order card or is this supposed to be a bonus that you pick up with the actual bluray? It's completely sold out online and doesn't allow for in-store pickup anymore :[[/QUOTE]If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be either a pre-order bonus or a "free with purchase" pickup when you bought it at Best Buy. Might have also been a $10 with purchase item.

Since it's no longer an item they'd expect to be purchased with the movies, they pennied them out to get them pulled out of inventory.

Did anyone actually pick one of these up yet due to this penny deal? I purchased a Flynn's Arcade shirt for a penny also and got the confirmation for in store pickup.

Look, another person with a canceled item from the order. :roll:

The rep I spoke with was pretty much a moron. He said that they've been having website issues since Monday and their inventory results were all over the map. :roll: So, as the store I ordered it at marked it as NO PICK and never be able to fulfill it, and it's gone from the website, all I could do is cancel it. Yay.

My order got canceled so I just went to the store, and gave customer service the SKU number and they had a few behind the counter. So yes, I got a couple!

I actually picked up my order at the store. While there, I asked the dude behind the desk how many they had at the store. When he scanned it, it showed 17...I walked over to where the Blu-rays are and found 5 on the rack--of which, I took 4. I then went searching for the t-shirts and found the Lost one (which was still marked $9.99). I asked an employee to scan the shirt to verify the penny price...and it was. By this time I had a small group of employees following me to the checkout where I paid a whopping nickel for my purchases. The employees in that group all said they were going to go in the back and grab the remaining LOTR Necklaces to use as stocking stuffers....

i made 2 orders, but one was cancelled, the other says it's available to pick up. I'm going tomorrow to pick it up and see if they have any more.

Well, the last two penny t-shirt orders that were placed for in-store pick-up were canceled. I was going to go today, but got the e-mails. I am still charged for the plush toy that was "picked up" while the store was closed.
I am not entitled to anything, but Best Buy truly angered me with this whole ordeal with all of the cancellations for everybody.

Before I left my house, I checked my email to see if my two lord of the rings ordered were cancelled. There were no cancelation emails. So I drove to my nearest Best Buy with the rings in stock which is 18 miles away. I got there just to find out that my orders were canceled and the items were shipped back to the warehouse. At least the employees there were really helpful with trying to get to the bottom of what happened. The employees at customer service were much nicer and more helpful than at my local Best Buy.

It wasn't a complete waste because I got one of those Guitar Hero bundles price matched to the $9.99 ToysRus price. I think the manager only allowed it because he felt bad they didn't have those Lotr preorder bonuses I ordered. At least I didn't leave empty handed after driving around 35 miles round trip.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Before I left my house, I checked my email to see if my two lord of the rings ordered were cancelled. There were no cancelation emails. So I drove to my nearest Best Buy with the rings in stock which is 18 miles away. I got there just to find out that my orders were canceled and the items were shipped back to the warehouse. At least the employees there were really helpful with trying to get to the bottom of what happened. The employees at customer service were much nicer and more helpful than at my local Best Buy.

It wasn't a complete waste because I got one of those Guitar Hero bundles price matched to the $9.99 ToysRus price. I think the manager only allowed it because he felt bad they didn't have those Lotr preorder bonuses I ordered. At least I didn't leave empty handed after driving around 35 miles round trip.[/QUOTE]
Lucky u. My BB dont like price matching.

[quote name='shadow17x']Did anyone actually pick one of these up yet due to this penny deal? I purchased a Flynn's Arcade shirt for a penny also and got the confirmation for in store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I got my shirt on Monday with no problems at all.

K, I don't mean to thread crap, so my apologies in advance if it ends up looking like that, but who in the flying fuck would want a LOTR ring, and what would you do with it if you had one? I'm geniunly curious about this.

[quote name='berzirk']K, I don't mean to thread crap, so my apologies in advance if it ends up looking like that, but who in the flying fuck would want a LOTR ring, and what would you do with it if you had one? I'm geniunly curious about this.[/QUOTE]Well, duh, it allows you to become invisible when you wear it. Who wouldn't want it?

Seriously, it's a neat collectible. Some people collect things that remind them of why they like something. Others just don't.

[quote name='berzirk']K, I don't mean to thread crap, so my apologies in advance if it ends up looking like that, but who in the flying fuck would want a LOTR ring, and what would you do with it if you had one? I'm geniunly curious about this.[/QUOTE]

Umm, watch Clerks II and you'll see two really cool guys with Lord of the Rings ring replicas during the "Star Wars trilogy Vs. Lord of the Rings trilogy debate."

Besides, having this ring will get you mad pu$$y. :cool: Those sluts in the Shire will be fighting over your d!ck.

:roll:

[quote name='TealPavelski']I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. Id love to have one of these![/QUOTE]

Same here. All sold out online. Seems like no one was able to get any the penny stuff. The online orders were canceled and no one here confirmed if they found it in store.

Sometimes when stuff shows up as 'unavailable', you may still be able to find it on the shelves as I believe their stock locator only shows stuff with 3 or more available as in-stock.

I know a while back when they had the Rocketfish PS3 controller for $10, the one store with 4 of them showed as in stock, but the other local one that only had two on the shelves was showing OOS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sometimes when stuff shows up as 'unavailable', you may still be able to find it on the shelves as I believe their stock locator only shows stuff with 3 or more available as in-stock.

I know a while back when they had the Rocketfish PS3 controller for $10, the one store with 4 of them showed as in stock, but the other local one that only had two on the shelves was showing OOS.[/QUOTE]

I was really looking for the tron shirt,ring, and paw plush toy.

Seems like a waste of time and gas. Last time i order the cars steelbook and they canceled. The BB corp told me that 2 stores had it. When i got there, the first store was checking me out until a manager saw it and voided the transaction. The 2nd store had like 17 in the back and said that BB corp had a memo to ship it back to warehouse. The online price was a error.

Its more difficult for me here in the dc/va/md area to find good yardsales for games and getting these deals that others here been getting

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sometimes when stuff shows up as 'unavailable', you may still be able to find it on the shelves as I believe their stock locator only shows stuff with 3 or more available as in-stock.

I know a while back when they had the Rocketfish PS3 controller for $10, the one store with 4 of them showed as in stock, but the other local one that only had two on the shelves was showing OOS.[/QUOTE]That's correct, with one correction.

If a store can't find an item in-stock for an in-store pickup order, no matter how many they might have on-hand, it locks out that store on BB.com from being available for in-store pickup. The local store has to remove that setting of NO PICK before it's available again for in-store pickup orders.

The >3 quantity in-stock is correct about it being available for in-store pickup. 2 or less, it's not.

bread's done
Back