Bulletstorm $19.99 (was $15) at Best Buy

Thus, my fear that I would regret not picking up the DLC while it was on sale last week has been validated.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Great price for them. Thanks for the find.

Here are better links

XBOX 360

PS3[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the links. Posting from my phone so could only post the mobile store link.

The demo seemed pretty fun, but I've blown a bit of cash on other 360 games (like Alan Wake and Deadly Premonition XD), not to mention Disgaea 4 next week. So I have to wait..

But I thought the demo was cool.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Is it a long game? Thinking of trying to beat it tonight and trade in tommorow[/QUOTE]

I'd say 4-7 hours, 4 on easy (might even do it faster) and it took me about 7 on the hardest difficulty setting.

It's a great game. It's essentially Gears of War with a lighter tone and looser mechanics. It's fun, brief, and a blast.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Is it a long game? Thinking of trying to beat it tonight and trade in tommorow[/QUOTE]
It's pretty short, maybe 6-ish hours, but it's a blast. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun barreling through a game. $15 is definitely the sweet spot.

Don't play this around your kids and/or grand parents cause this game has hilariously vulgar language here's a sample from the game that had my mothers eyes open up widely when she heard it

Trishka: Go fuck yourself! You shit piles give chase and ill kill your d*cks how about that huh ?

Grayson: What?! What does that even mean?! Your gonna kill my d*ck? I'll kill your d*ck! How 'bout that, huh?

Ishi: Speaking of d*ck killing parties. [cue firefight]

LMAO !

[quote name='brauma']It's a great game. It's essentially Gears of War with a lighter tone and looser mechanics. It's fun, brief, and a blast.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, not to be disrespectful but its nothing like Gears of War. No cover mechanic, first person, and the goal is crazy combo kills versus just headshots.

If you can get to cag.com you can get to bestbuy.com ;) I kid, I'm sure there are other factors. I'm out of town for a week too but that's not gonna stop me[quote name='token2k6']what the!?! first CoE..now this!!?!? awesome weekend, too bad I'm going out of town..FML[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']If you can get to cag.com you can get to bestbuy.com ;) I kid, I'm sure there are other factors. I'm out of town for a week too but that's not gonna stop me[/QUOTE]

haha, I meant to actually have time to play them ;) they are both in the bag and waiting in-store for me, albeit at 2 different locations, at least I'll get them in my hands today!

IMHO, Bulletstorm has the best campaign of 2011 so far...

Absolutely a bloody good time!!!

This is my 3rd time buying it b/c a bunch of my friends just ordered it so now we can play online.

I don't remember but did this have online co-op?

Fantastic deal, this is a great pure action FPS, and a blast to play. I really like the graphics, very bright and colorful, and the gameplay is great. WELL worth a measly $15 for either version!

Does Bulletstorm Epic Edition have the same sku/UPC barcode? That's all they have at my local BB. Although they don't have any regular edition copies left it still says "Available Now". Also one last question, is it this price in store also or do I have to get them to price match BB.com. Was wanting to use the 10% off coupon which I think wouldn't work if I have to PM the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about pulling the trigger...not sure.
I'd imagine I'd only buy it for the campaign...I hear it's pretty good.

weapons - meh
campaign action - meh
storyline - lame
replayability - meh

conversations filled with vulgar humor - hilarious
i gotta admit i was laughing alot playing thru it.

$15 not bad but makes me regret buying it for $30 new - this game's retail cost has really dropped like a turd.

if you got a best buy gift card or rz bucks why not go ahead, but other than that it's a coin flip if it's worth it.

[quote name='NINJA V']weapons - meh
campaign action - meh
storyline - lame
replayability - meh

conversations filled with vulgar humor - hilarious
i gotta admit i was laughing alot playing thru it.

$15 not bad but makes me regret buying it for $30 new - this game's retail cost has really dropped like a turd.

if you got a best buy gift card or rz bucks why not go ahead, but other than that it's a coin flip if it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

The one reason you liked it was the one reason it is tanking. Most parents overlook some swearing but many won't buy this one for their kids. That knocks out probably 40-60% of the market. Parent gamers (myself being one), I can't justify buying games as easily if I am the only one playing it. $20 is the pricepoint that I can justify for personal games that aren't AAA title that my wife knows I look forward to playing for months in advance.

Couple that with meh replayability it's pretty much a rental game at best making it drop pretty quickly. Personally I love when this happens, but I know it has to kill some gaming companies

[quote name='vanlandw']Bulletstorm XB f/ instore pickup. Lots of good deals recently thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Seems like everyone (besides GS of course) seems to be vying to be YOUR gaming store before the onslaught of AAA titles come out. Guess they are trying to work on loyalty.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Seems like everyone (besides GS of course) seems to be vying to be YOUR gaming store before the onslaught of AAA titles come out. Guess they are trying to work on loyalty.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is too busy gutting out games instead of battling for our money

Wow...first CoE and now this?! Props to Best Buy for decimating the lackluster lightning "deals" at Amazon right now. Thanks OP for growing my backlog by yet another title.

Picked up Bulletstorm a few weeks ago at around $24. Wasnt expecting it to be great but it turned out to be one of my favorite games, really enjoyed it. At $15 it's a no brainer.

Is anyone holding out hope they might get an 'Epic Edition' or are those long gone?? I can't remember if it has any good codes or just beta codes..but it'd still be nice to get.

Wow. Awesome price especially cause it includes the Online Pass. Was gonna grab it used from BBV. Thanks OP.

[quote name='token2k6']Is anyone holding out hope they might get an 'Epic Edition' or are those long gone?? I can't remember if it has any good codes or just beta codes..but it'd still be nice to get.[/QUOTE]

When I got my 16 $ copy from the amazon warehouse I acually got a sealed epic edition, I was lucky I guess. All of the stuff that came with it is still in it. of course with the gears beta being over now the appeal for the epic edition is gone now

[quote name='token2k6']Is anyone holding out hope they might get an 'Epic Edition' or are those long gone?? I can't remember if it has any good codes or just beta codes..but it'd still be nice to get.[/QUOTE]

If they're not printing Epic Editions anymore you aren't missing anything by not getting one. Even the online pass is pretty unimportant as it isn't required for multiplayer.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Picked up Bulletstorm a few weeks ago at around $24. Wasnt expecting it to be great but it turned out to be one of my favorite games, really enjoyed it. At $15 it's a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

I've been saying this for months now!!

I really really enjoyed this game...The demo did such an injustice to this game!

Anyone on the fence about this should definitely jump on board.

Hell, the TIV is pretty good. Might be a cheap rental.

bread's done
Back