9/25 - 10/1 Kmart: PS3 Move Sports Champions and Tiger Woods Bundles 49.99 each

JP73

CAGiversary!
Similar to the Gamestop deal, most Move accessories seem to be 50% off, including the Navigation controller, regular move controller, and Sharpshooter( The Eye does not appear in the ad)

Also, Nintendo Select titles will be on sale for 14.99. The ones pictured in the ad are Mario Sluggers, Mario galaxy, Paper Mario, and Zelda. I'm guessing the other 4 will be discounted as well, although those 4 are the only ones pictured.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right! My closest/regular Gamestop says online that they are sold out of Move controllers and Sharpshooters.

Just bought a Mario Kart Wii bundle from Target so Wii Sports and the other titles for $15 seems fair. I know I can get Wii Sports from Gamestop used for $10. I'll bite the bullet and lose that $5 in order for a new/complete/sealed copy.

Thanks for posting.

Edit: I'd so jump on the Sports Champion Bundle if I didn't already have the PS eye. (Move controller $25, Sports Champions $10 from Best Buy/Amazon, PS Eye $15).

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']All right! My closest/regular Gamestop says online that they are sold out of Move controllers and Sharpshooters.

Just bought a Mario Kart Wii bundle from Target so Wii Sports and the other titles for $15 seems fair. I know I can get Wii Sports from Gamestop used for $10. I'll bite the bullet and lose that $5 in order for a new/complete/sealed copy.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you are eying at least 3 Select games, go to Toys R Us before Sunday. They are having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on all games 19.99. So you can buy 3 Nintendo Select games, including Wii Sports, and end up paying an average of $13.33 for each.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's a good price for the Move Bundle! It reminds me of the Fry's ad a while ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that maybe the Tiger Woods Bundle is the same price. The Ad is showing only the Sports Champions, but they are having a big sale on a lot of Move stuff, so who knows.

[quote name='exaznkid']i wonder if i can price match this at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

You should be able to without issue. It's right there in the ad.

[quote name='JP73']Actually, if you are eying at least 3 Select games, go to Toys R Us before Sunday. They are having a Buy 2 get 1 free sale on all games 19.99. So you can buy 3 Nintendo Select games, including Wii Sports, and end up paying an average of $13.33 for each.[/QUOTE]

Got crappy service at my local TRU the last time I was in and prefer shopping offline/in-stores. So I'll take the hit of paying $1.66 more on each title I buy at Kmart.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Got crappy service at my local TRU the last time I was in and prefer shopping offline/in-stores. So I'll take the hit of paying $1.66 more on each title I buy at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

This. And you're not forced to buy 3 of them.

[quote name='exaznkid']i wonder if i can price match this at bestbuy[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome to see the rep's face when the bundle goes down from $79.99 to $49.99, lol.

can you print out the ad and bring it it or do you need a copy of the original ad? I wanna make these trips as short as possible

[quote name='SativaSam']So the entire sports champion bundle is 50$? And what all does it come with[/QUOTE]

The Sports Champions Game, a Playstation Eye Camera, Playstation Move Controller and I believe a demo disc as well.

I picked up the Tiger Woods 12 bundle when Amazon had it at $49.99 so I am all set with Move.

Has the move been officially ruled dead or is there a move 2.0 going to be announced?

I don't get the firesale on these yet since I've heard no official death march.

I might pick up the bundle, sell the eye and return my second unopened move controller to GS. I bought the R3 doomsday bundle PM to Sam's and traded in 3 Moves Heroes while it was hot at Best Buy, so I only want the Sports Champions and Move controller. All that takes effort though, hmm.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Has the move been officially ruled dead or is there a move 2.0 going to be announced?

I don't get the firesale on these yet since I've heard no official death march.[/QUOTE]

I think this is the last ditch effort to get a foot in. The games were priced too high. Things have to be priced right or they're not going to be marketable.

[quote name='Solder']Kinect > Move.[/QUOTE]

No motion control > motion control

This thread isn't for that argument though. 49.99 is just about the price I'd be willing to bite on...hope I can PM it to Best Buy though my credit there is burning a hole in my wallet.

[quote name='boogie4114']This. And you're not forced to buy 3 of them.[/QUOTE]

No one is forcing anyone. That's why I specifically said if he had his eye on at least 3 games. If you are only planning on buying 1 or 2, obviously you go with the 14.99 deal.

[quote name='JP73']You should be able to without issue. It's right there in the ad.[/QUOTE]

Good luck some are refusing...

[quote name='WV Matsui']Good luck some are refusing...[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. Of course they are. The deal isn't active. It starts 9/25 Once it's active and your local Kmart has them in stock, they really have no grounds to refuse.

[quote name='exaznkid']can you print out the ad and bring it it or do you need a copy of the original ad?[/QUOTE]print out, smartphone showing item/price or ad on the smartphone(just have it ready to be shown)
http://www.google.com/search?q=kmart+weekly+ad&hl=en&client=safari&prmd=ivns&nomo=1&biw=480&bih=268

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Has the move been officially ruled dead or is there a move 2.0 going to be announced?
I don't get the firesale on these yet since I've heard no official death march.[/QUOTE]PS3 has sold 52 million consoles & around 10 million Moves(don't like how the count them though) so that's probably 15% of PS3 owners have move now. There's no killer software helping move that's the main problem & no buzz concerning new titles either. Right now they want as many moves in households as possible for the holidays to clear the 1st wave of remaining move software plus with the PS3 price cut there's alot of new consoles entering the market. Until there's a title like PS Move heroes was supposed to be & a hardcore title not limited to FPS's it's not going to skyrocket in sales.
http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/09/14...lly-surpassed-the-xbox-360-in-terms-of-sales/
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps3-hits-50m-units-worldwide/04080
http://gotgame.com/2011/09/14/ps3-sells-51mil-units-psp-71mil/

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I think this is the last ditch effort to get a foot in. The games were priced too high. Things have to be priced right or they're not going to be marketable.[/QUOTE]^^^

I don't get the firesale on these yet since I've heard no official death march.[/QUOTE]
I dont know but I noticed if you look at Deadmunds Quest on Amazon.com in the product features for the game it says:

"PlayStation Move 2.0 Controls Natural motions replicate real world actions"

[quote name='SativaSam']Is this 50$ move deal better than the $25 move controller and 15 navigation + whatever it costs to buy a PS Eye?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You'll probably spend around 50 just on the eye and controller, that's with the 25 dollar sale price. So here you'll get the Sports Champions game free, essentially. And it's a pretty fun game.

And you'll have to get the Navigation controller separate.

[quote name='JP73']Yeah. You'll probably spend around 50 just on the eye and controller, that's with the 25 dollar sale price. So here you'll get the Sports Champions game free, essentially. And it's a pretty fun game.

And you'll have to get the Navigation controller separate.[/QUOTE]

This. The Tiger Woods bundle lightning deal amazon had for $50 was a better deal though (you could trade in Tiger Woods for $28). The Sports Champions bundle for $50 is still better than individually buying the complete move set. It's not easy finding a PS eye new for under $20.

For the older members of the forum who have been through the Sega CD/32X saga, we know what happens next.

[quote name='VA']For the older members of the forum who have been through the Sega CD/32X saga, we know what happens next.[/QUOTE]

This kinda reminds me of the HP Touchpad firesale. Or the 3DS firesale that started in August. Or the firesale on the Xbox webcam that came before Kinect. Or the firesale on every "limited" CE of a game that's come out in the last five years. Or Sega Nomad. Or Sega Game Gear. Or Sega Saturn. Or Sega Dreamcast. Or Nintendo Gamecube or Xbox in the year leading up to the 360 release. Or the steering wheel for 360 firesale.

All right before they disappeared from the market never to be heard from again. It would appear PS Move is going to have a long and prosperous future... as a faint memory a few gamers think of fondly while their friends are standing in the middle of a huge empty space in their living room, having shoved all their pesky furniture aside to make room. You'll be over on the side, sitting contorted to be sure to be out of the camera's view in your small apartment and watching one of your buddies busy himself pointing at the screen with his forefinger with their thumb pointed straight up and screaming, "Pew pew pew" at the screen as they play Call of Duty 10: Modern Warfare 4: Medal of Honor 3: Battlefield Crysis in the Homefront 2: Bad Company 3: Rage, Doom, and Unreal. Gameplay will involve you standing and gesturing at the screen while screaming gun sounds. Every so often, the game will advance forward for you while you helpfully add, "Dude, you can enable rumble by shaking your hand each time you pew!"

"Thanks, man, that's awesome!"

"Pew... pew pew pew... pew..."

will probably bite on this if I can get Sears to pm since my local kmart doesn't have any in stock according to their online stock checker on the bundle.

hrrm, do i return my used ps eye i got from gamestop last week and pick up the sports bundle for a second move controller..

Are there any other games that needs two move controllers aside from sports champion and the fight?

Why does everyone think the Move has failed or is going to die? It was never meant to be its own system like the Kinect, it's another control scheme for games. Just because there are not many Move-only games coming out doesn't mean there aren't many Move-compatible games coming out.

[quote name='VA']For the older members of the forum who have been through the Sega CD/32X saga, we know what happens next.[/QUOTE]

I remember buying a 32X from K-mart for 20 bucks on clearance back in the day (along with a Sega Menacer for the same price).

I was just a kid back then, but I remember sitting back playing Knuckles Chaotix thinking to myself that I just got gipped. The Menacer on the other hand was freakin' badass and well worth the $20.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why does everyone think the Move has failed or is going to die? It was never meant to be its own system like the Kinect, it's another control scheme for games. Just because there are not many Move-only games coming out doesn't mean there aren't many Move-compatible games coming out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, most of the move-only games aren't that great anyway. I'd rather there be more move-compatible games. I doubt the move is "dying", I mean we're seeing new releases use PS Move and some games that didn't have move support at release are having move controls implemented in a patch (Infamous 2 for example). I think the worst we'll be seeing is something like a Move 2.0.

I'm really tempted to pickup the controller bundle so I can play Dead Space Extraction and I would like to check out HoTD Overkill on PS3. So tempting....

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why does everyone think the Move has failed or is going to die? It was never meant to be its own system like the Kinect, it's another control scheme for games. Just because there are not many Move-only games coming out doesn't mean there aren't many Move-compatible games coming out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There's the sharpshooter that people seem to love, Ratchet and Clank all 4 one comes out in two weeks, deadmun looks awesome, and I can't remember the name but they'd a flight sim due out too. And don't forget LBP2 move pack. There's a pretty big fan base for that. It will never be my primary controller, but it's far from dead.

They just tack on move support. Or the controls are awkward or nonresponsive. Resistance 3 with move is horrible.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']They just tack on move support. Or the controls are awkward or nonresponsive. Resistance 3 with move is horrible.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have mystical psychic powers, I fail to see how you can make this claim about games that are not yet available. There are at least half a dozen games listed here that are not out. Most of my experience with the Move has been with Sports Champions and Heavy Rain and the controls were just fine with those games. The only real beef I have with the Move setup is that Sony took a peripheral that was several years old and bundled it with one that is designed with the newest generation of technology--the PS Eye just being a rebranded EyeToy. As a consequence the actual camera resolution is not that great even in a really well-lit room; if it's slightly dark, you can forget about video or stills taken with that device. I'm mildly curious as to how the Kinect peripheral compares in that regard.

bread's done
Back