The continuing adventures of improperly reported posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledhed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Ok folks, first I'd like to say that this isn't addressed to %99.9 of you. Most of you understand exactly what the "Report Post" option is to be used for, and you've all been very good about reporting spammers and bad posts. But, apparently, some of you don't quite get it.

Everytime you report a post, an email is sent to each of the Moderators. This is the email I just got from a reported post.

(username) has reported this post:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=868540#post868540

This is part of this thread:
PS2 Auto Modellista $4.99 NEW at EB B&M... YMMV?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=46514

This is the reason that the user gave:
Hey... how much is Auto Modellista worth? At Gamerush?

Now, this is NOT what Report Post is for. It is not a way to contact Moderators for any reason other than reporting a potentially harmful post. I don't mind having my Inbox flooded with reported posts, as long as it's a legitimate bad post.

Again, this is only to a select few of you, as I'm more than sure that most of you understand it just fine. Thank you for your cooperation, have an awesome day.

Nah, he's saying we only use that button to bring attention to uber-cheapass deals not ask questions about uber-cheapass deals. That way, mods get first crack at them. (That was a joke in case anyone is horribly inebriated or just plain un-smart.)

I wish there were a way to report posts to the mod that you choose...Because I would be sending Led messages like this all night.

Oops! I've been using that as the "Quote" button... No wonder it hasn't been working...](*,)

Okay, so like zion said, I'm just supposed to use it to answer a question someone posts?!?
Wait... I don't get it...:dunce:

:lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Sooo....how much is it worth at Gamerush????? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well if you hit the report bad post button right now the mods will give you a secret code to increase the trade-in price by 25%.:D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well if you hit the report bad post button right now the mods will give you a secret code to increase the trade-in price by 25%.:D[/QUOTE]

Great deal! Gotta try this myself. Thanks.

[quote name='whoknows']Sooo....how much is it worth at Gamerush????? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I pushed the button, but it wouldn't let me answer...:?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well if you hit the report bad post button right now the mods will give you a secret code to increase the trade-in price by 25%.:D[/QUOTE]

So, if I push it four times....\\:D/

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yes! These codes are stackable, collect as many as you can![/QUOTE]

Wait... you are saying .. Stackable? oh shit. How do I know I got the code?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yes! These codes are stackable, collect as many as you can![/QUOTE]

hmmm... I wonder if I can get them to pay me to take the game...

Ok, I will be pressing it for the next 10 mins, then I can get a lot more increased. Wow, I wonder why they haven't shared this with us before??

[quote name='whoknows']Ok, I will be pressing it for the next 10 mins, then I can get a lot more increased. Wow, I wonder why they haven't shared this with us before??[/QUOTE]

Because all the wall spiders would get in on it, it's for hardcore gamers any.;)

[quote name='masha']Wait... you are saying .. Stackable? oh shit. How do I know I got the code?[/QUOTE]

Well that's the trick you've got to keep clicking on the buttom and submitting requests until CheapyD personally contacts you.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well that's the trick you've got to keep clicking on the buttom and submitting requests until CheapyD personally contacts you.[/QUOTE]

Oh I get it, you keep pushing it and all the mods do is report to Cheapy how many times you have pushed it, and then he contacts you himself with the code?

It must be a really good code if Cheapy contacts you HIMSELF!!!

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well that's the trick you've got to keep clicking on the buttom and submitting requests until CheapyD personally contacts you.[/QUOTE]

I saw Almighty once, I'll see and talk to him/she/it again :bouncy:

[quote name='whoknows']Oh I get it, you keep pushing it and all the mods do is report to Cheapy how many times you have pushed it, and then he contacts you himself with the code?

It must be a really good code if Cheapy contacts you HIMSELF!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, it also comes with a special bonus prize! 1 week vacation from CAG!!!;)

[quote name='Trakan']in thread's been zion'd![/QUOTE]

That's right.:lol:

Did anyone know that a certain word shows up in the e-mail notifiers?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I get it. Do I win a prize? That special bonus prize sure does sound nice. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes!

Just push the button!!!

1078603154_5959.jpg

[quote name='Ledhed']Ryan, you sonofabitch. :lol: ;)

/if you aren't a mod, you probably don't get this[/QUOTE]

:( Damn you cheated. :hot:

(user) has reported this post:

*FS/FT*-Tales-of-Destiny-2,-Blast-Lacrosse,-Fatal Frame-II,-Harvest-Moon-64----
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=519105#post519105

This is part of this thread:
*FS/FT*-Tales-of-Destiny-2,-Blast-Lacrosse,-Fatal Frame-II,-Harvest-Moon-64----
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30075

This is the reason that the user gave:
I have Dark Cloud 1 and onimusha 3 for Tales of Destiny 2.

Ok, looks like we need another refresher. This person has attempted to contact someone about a trade via Reported Post.

No.

There is a way to directly and discreetly contact an individual user by "Private Messaging" them. Simply click their name in one of their posts to view their Public Profile. On the right, you will see an option to send a Private Message to that user. From there, it's like sending an e-mail: give your PM a subject header, enter a body of text, then submit it.

/can't believe that this is necessary

Got it! So not only is it good for special deals and vacations for Cheapy but we can now us it to have mods set up trades for us! Isn't technology great?

I keep toying with the idea of reporting a random post and saying something lame like "hey guys, want some sandwiches?"

But i haven't and probably won't. You're welcome.

[quote name='Ledhed']Ok, looks like we need another refresher. This person has attempted to contact someone about a trade via Reported Post.

No.

There is a way to directly and discreetly contact an individual user by "Private Messaging" them. Simply click their name in one of their posts to view their Public Profile. On the right, you will see an option to send a Private Message to that user. From there, it's like sending an e-mail: give your PM a subject header, enter a body of text, then submit it.

/can't believe that this is necessary[/QUOTE]

Ledhed, I have Dark Cloud 1 and onimusha 3 too. But why do you want to know about this? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back