* * * * * 6 votes

ROCKSMITH + ****closed beta @ rocksmith.com/beta ****

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4111 harrykid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

Sounds more like intonation problems.

While you certainly could have gotten a stinker, I would check intonation, especially if you need to retune for certain frets

I'll get that checked out. Tuners still suck through

#4112 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

Saw a link in one of the console threads about a new Rock Band...

http://www.xboxachie...ays-Report.html

Light on details, but I'm curious to see what Harmonix  does.

And I have no clue if the freebie songs are still in my list.  Will hafta check that out soon.

Nice... congrats :beer:

I hope you all kept those BandFuse cables because I'm willing to bet money that will be a major part of the next Rock Band. I personally have no intention of getting any more plastic instruments (already have so many) so that might be nice as a change of pace from Rocksmith.

Stop recommending that $100 Las Paul Special its awful. It can't even stay in tune long enough to go through the precision tuner and I always have to retune for certain frets or it won't even recognize them

I agree I would avoid starter guitars like the plague. Nothing wrong with getting something on the cheaper side when first starting out but there's a point when it becomes too cheap. Retuning occasionally when I want to play different tuning songs is annoying enough, I can't imagine having to do it between every single song.

#4113 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:04 AM

Ok well
3 pack from Papa Roach next week
Tracks tba

#4114 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2013 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Ok well
3 pack from Papa Roach next week
Tracks tba

Fingers crossed for Angels and Insects. CustomForge has a few of their songs already, but thats my favorite P Roach song and I'd love to learn that bass line.

#4115 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

I hope you all kept those BandFuse cables because I'm willing to bet money that will be a major part of the next Rock Band.

This. Their relationship was far too cozy for Harmonix not to have grabbed that technology. I can't wait. I liked the way Harmonix charted pro guitar, even though the guitar sucked. I can't complain too much, though. Those Squiers bought me most of my Best Buy clearance guitars and pedals...

#4116 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

I did the les Paul special II by epiphone and have had pretty good luck so far. Only seem to need retuning with different song that request it

#4117 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:49 PM

Can anyone recommend some guitars that are in the $150 range that work well with Rocksmith?

#4118 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

Can anyone recommend some guitars that are in the $150 range that work well with Rocksmith?

Pawn shop. Look for a cheap epiphone les Paul or a Squier Strat.

The new ones in that range are kind of hit or miss. If you can lay your hands on the actual guitar, you may get a decent one.

#4119 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8839 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

I would check local music stores. If you hit the right one, you might be able to get a decent Squire, Epiphone or Ibanez.  I would recommend trying them out as in playing them to make sure it feels good, and the electronics are fine.

#4120 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

I saw this one mentioned earlier, is it any good?

http://www.guitarcen...870-i2101227.gc

#4121 Neebie61  

Neebie61

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

jza1218 Posted Today, 09:37 AM

I saw this one mentioned earlier, is it any good?

http://www.guitarcen...870-i2101227.gc

Looks so so I guess. For $40 more you can get the Epiphone Les Paul Special II. Check out the video they have on the Guitar Center page and hear whats it about. Then if you like it, order it from Musician's Friend(Guitar Center and them are the same if you didn't know). You will save on tax and its free shipping and you should get it under a week assuming your in the U.S.. If your patient, they have 10% off at times for items over $99. Good luck on your venture.

#4122 harrykid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:56 AM

I was just talking about that guitar haha. I guess if you must gave a new guitar then go for it, if you also buy some $7 tuners on amazon it work much better in RS

#4123 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

Ubi Store has the PC/Mac RS2014 game only version for $20.40 here.

#4124 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

Ubi Store has the PC/Mac RS2014 game only version for $20.40 here.

http://www.macgamest...h-2014-Edition/

$14.98 here. I actually got it for 12 a couple weeks back. It gives you a Steam code. You can even Google a promo code to save 5% on your purchase. Enjoy.

#4125 ONIN   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

$14.98 here. I actually got it for 12 a couple weeks back. It gives you a Steam code. You can even Google a promo code to save 5% on your purchase. Enjoy.

Thank you for the heads up. Finally picked the 2014 version up in 2015, don't know what I was waiting for. Lol

#4126 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10592 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

What's so fancy about the Bandfuse cables that HMX would use them? I never even went near that game so I heard nothing about this.

#4127 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

What's so fancy about the Bandfuse cables that HMX would use them? I never even went near that game so I heard nothing about this.

Harmonix gave Bandfuse technical assistance, as well as letting them user their instrument icons, etc.

We just figure that Harmonix was giving this "assistance" so that they would have some means to claim the technology if/when Bandfuse failed.

The fact that they could have likely bought the technology for pennies, combined with the fact that Harmonix certainly looks ready to jump back into the Rock Band franchise is just making us guess...

#4128 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

I'm not in the market for a budget guitar, but anybody looking could give the Monoprice "Arrowhead Vee" a shot while it's half price at $99. Use code 5feb for additional $5 off

#4129 harrykid   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

If anyone wants RS1 for importing I send it for a few bucks for shipping. (PS3)

#4130 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:34 PM

Id take you up on that harry. Pm being sent

#4131 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

Harmonix gave Bandfuse technical assistance, as well as letting them user their instrument icons, etc.

We just figure that Harmonix was giving this "assistance" so that they would have some means to claim the technology if/when Bandfuse failed.

The fact that they could have likely bought the technology for pennies, combined with the fact that Harmonix certainly looks ready to jump back into the Rock Band franchise is just making us guess...

Yup. Basically this. RB3 initially tried the Squier Strat thing for playing a real guitar, so I'm sure they're more than interested in giving that option in the next game. So why reinvent the wheel with the technology when they already have it? If you picked up BF at 10 bucks or cheaper like some of us you basically got a cheap cable for the next RB game.

On another note, did any of you guys hear the rumors that Guitar Hero was also making a comeback? I'm excited but cautious about this. I really don't think the plastic instrument thing is going to be all that desirable anymore but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

#4132 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:06 AM

So close to buying this (already bought the X1 deal), but am worried about how well my MacBook will handle the game. It hasn't done good with other modern games that I have tried (Intel HD4000 graphics). I have a 2012 MacBook Pro non-retina. 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, external monitor. The MacBook is BootCamped, so I can use the game on both Windows and Mac (yay Steam).

What do you guys think? The only hesitation I have stems from having the Intel graphics to rely on.

PS--Looks like there is a $5 off coupon for all orders, lowering the total to $9.98!! Coupon code is SPECOPS5OFF and expires 3/2/2015

PPS--IronZombie, do you have a referral key I can use when I register?  You deserve some credit for referring me to them. Thanks!

Can't Steam codes can be used twice? Once for Mac and once for PC. Makes it $5 each if I split it with someone?? Or does it only allow me to use it with both OS on my account? 

#4133 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

5-pack from The Cars next week

#4134 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

5-pack from The Cars next week

Did not see that coming. Looks like I might have to say goodbye to some Microsoft money

#4135 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

Can't Steam codes can be used twice? Once for Mac and once for PC. Makes it $5 each if I split it with someone?? Or does it only allow me to use it with both OS on my account? [/quote]

Your MacBook should handle it fine. The Steam version allows you to install on both platforms from your account.

PS - Customs!

#4136 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

So close to buying this (already bought the X1 deal), but am worried about how well my MacBook will handle the game. It hasn't done good with other modern games that I have tried (Intel HD4000 graphics). I have a 2012 MacBook Pro non-retina. 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, external monitor. The MacBook is BootCamped, so I can use the game on both Windows and Mac (yay Steam).

What do you guys think? The only hesitation I have stems from having the Intel graphics to rely on.

PS--Looks like there is a $5 off coupon for all orders, lowering the total to $9.98!! Coupon code is SPECOPS5OFF and expires 3/2/2015

PPS--IronZombie, do you have a referral key I can use when I register?  You deserve some credit for referring me to them. Thanks!

Can't Steam codes can be used twice? Once for Mac and once for PC. Makes it $5 each if I split it with someone?? Or does it only allow me to use it with both OS on my account? 

I have a 4GB RAM 2012 Mac and it runs very smoothly on mine so you should be fine  ;)

One thing though, if you do go the whole custom DLC route then just be aware that loading all your DLC into the folder will not make it all show up. At least it doesn't for me. I have to exit the game and pick n' choose a handful of custom songs to put in at a time. Maybe that's just a limitation on my RAM, who knows. Good luck.

I'd be happy to refer you to the site if you'd like but I don't think they give an actual link. There's an area to put in the friend's name/email and I guess it sends you a link to join. No need to go out of your way though.

Edit: "MACGAMES5OFF" will give you 5% off your purchase, but it's a one time use code. I bought SimCity as well through this site and the code didn't work anymore.

#4137 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Are they making a 2015 game

#4138 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Are they making a 2015 game

They say no. Probably next year is my guess.

#4139 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3147 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

That's funny... I thought they were working on the next version for a Holiday 2015 release and just slap 2016 on the box (you know the whole Madden process of naming games)

#4140 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:02 AM

Nah. It's a really small team. I figure it'll be holiday 2016. By that time, they should have an idea what Harmonix is up to and be able to respond accordingly. And they'll have over 1000 DLC songs, which will be pretty stout.