* * * * * 6 votes

ROCKSMITH + ****closed beta @ rocksmith.com/beta ****

Rocksmith Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Bass real guitar real bass

#4141 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:52 AM

Nah. It's a really small team. I figure it'll be holiday 2016. By that time, they should have an idea what Harmonix is up to and be able to respond accordingly. And they'll have over 1000 DLC songs, which will be pretty stout.

I'm hoping there's a 2016 game later this year. Would love to breathe some fresh air into the franchise besides the weekly DLC. I think you're probably right though, they have no reason or motivation to rush anything out this year. I guess we're all just looking forward to RB and possibly GH for now.

#4142 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

I'm hoping there's a 2016 game later this year. Would love to breathe some fresh air into the franchise besides the weekly DLC. I think you're probably right though, they have no reason or motivation to rush anything out this year. I guess we're all just looking forward to RB and possibly GH for now.

I've been kind of curious because theres an "Expansion" menu in the DLC shop section thats currently unused, on PC at least.

#4143 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

I've been kind of curious because theres an "Expansion" menu in the DLC shop section thats currently unused, on PC at least.

It's unused everywhere. They have been really tight lipped about it. We assume it would be for something like the AC/DC pack or Green Day or something on RB, but they released a 12 pack of Hendrix without using it, so that doesn't seem likely. Maybe more arcade games? Future music theory expansion? The world may never know...

#4144 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Nah. It's a really small team. I figure it'll be holiday 2016. By that time, they should have an idea what Harmonix is up to and be able to respond accordingly. And they'll have over 1000 DLC songs, which will be pretty stout.

I suppose.  But that's a looong time to go without a new retail release... very un-UBI like ;)

Maybe they'll just create a bundle retail package that has RS and RS2014 on 1 disc or a download key to transfer RS songs into RS2014.

#4145 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

I already downloaded all the RS1 songs in. All except Clapton, anyway.

I think they have such a healthy DLC schedule that a new retail release isn't very tempting to them.

#4146 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24202 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

If we get a new Rock Band, I want that damn Pearl Jam content we never got.

I finally got a guitar for this game. Think I am going to get this on console. Does DLC go on sale equally for both console?

#4147 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

Yes, if equally is "never." Don't expect any sales on consoles. Unfortunately they don't like doing that.

#4148 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

If we get a new Rock Band, I want that damn Pearl Jam content we never got.

I finally got a guitar for this game. Think I am going to get this on console. Does DLC go on sale equally for both console?

Purchasing packs yields a slight price break. Leading up to the release of RS14 most tracks were discounted to $2. I can't recall any other sale for either console.

#4149 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24202 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

So what you guys are saying is PC is the way to go. I know that DLC has gone on sale on that platform.

#4150 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10592 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

So what you guys are saying is PC is the way to go. I know that DLC has gone on sale on that platform.

I know RS2014 DLC has gone on sale at least once, last year. It wasn't a ton of tracks though...I remember a Smashing Pumpkins song was one of them along with a random smattering of others.

It's definitely not a regular thing  - then again, Rock Band didn't put their stuff on sale that often either, at least until the permanent price drop on all pre-RB3 stuff a few years back.

I'll probably buy it on PC eventually when it's on sale since I want to play some custom stuff, but I'm perfectly happy with the console one for now.

#4151 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

Not necessarily. For me the choice is pretty easily Xbox. My pc will never be hooked up to a big screen or nice sound system. That's a pretty big deal for me. Plus even though DLC sales are virtually nonexistent, sales on Microsoft points/cash are plentiful. We see 20% off sales fairly regularly. I've considered buying the pc version when it dropped way down just so I could have custom songs, but I can't convince myself to go through with it because I know how unlikely it is that I'll ever actually play it on my pc

#4152 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...d-xbox-one?read

It's official. RB4 is happening later this year. It's interesting to note they mentioned it will incorporate your old DLC as long as you stay in the same console line, but they also mentioned Beatles Rock Band wouldn't carry over. To me that's interesting because does that mean other on-disc content from older RBs carry over? If that's the case it might be time to get some old copies of RB 1, 2, and 3 just to have the content. We'll see I guess.

No mention of real guitar inclusion, but maybe they're saving this for an E3 reveal. They are also working on an adapter so your old plastic instruments will work, and mentioned they won't be doing a yearly release of the game, but will release content such as DLC music and features.

#4153 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...d-xbox-one?read

It's official. RB4 is happening later this year. It's interesting to note they mentioned it will incorporate your old DLC as long as you stay in the same console line, but they also mentioned Beatles Rock Band wouldn't carry over. To me that's interesting because does that mean other on-disc content from older RBs carry over? If that's the case it might be time to get some old copies of RB 1, 2, and 3 just to have the content. We'll see I guess.

No mention of real guitar inclusion, but maybe they're saving this for an E3 reveal. They are also working on an adapter so your old plastic instruments will work, and mentioned they won't be doing a yearly release of the game, but will release content such as DLC music and features.

Thatd, be great if they had real guitars included. I have a flip ton of DLC for RB thanks to a Coke promotion from around six years ago.

#4154 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Read the article again and noticed this:

Due to licensing restrictions, Rock Band 3’s on-disc music will also not be available in Rock Band 4, though Harmonix told IGN that it’s possible that a deal could be reached in the future for this to happen.

So it looks like RB3 is out but could potentially be included if you owned the game. Not sure about RB1 and 2. We'll see what happens, but having access to those libraries could be really great.

#4155 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

Thatd, be great if they had real guitars included. I have a flip ton of DLC for RB thanks to a Coke promotion from around six years ago.

Same here!  That's where most of my DLC came from.  I worked in maintenance at a hotel at the time, and so as housekeeping was going through cleaning I'd scour the trashcans for caps. Luckily we sold appropriate products in our store downstairs so made it even more likely guests would buy the right stuff.  Part of my job was also keeping an eye on the outdoor trashcans so I'd even resort to putting on gloves and digging through those sometimes.  

Awesome, awesome promotion!

#4156 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

The FAQ from Harmonix says no pro guitar OR keyboard. Rocksmith wins!

#4157 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2732 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Really?  They did answer that with THAT answer?  WTF really?  So basically again it's "pro drums and singing and screw everything else"???  Yippee.  Honestly I'll probably still buy it, lol, especially if I can still use my 360 instruments like they said they want but still.

I'd really like RS to adopt a mode for tabs though...present them across the board a little different too as you'd read tabs.  So many of us have mostly learned on tabs nowadays with the internet makes sense.

#4158 totallyjem   You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!! CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

totallyjem

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

real guitars or gtfo

#4159 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

I only read about the keyboards but weird.. maybe they're saving it for a big reveal.

#4160 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Just a heads up guys, Harmonix is doing a special promotion on the announcement of the game and giving away the DLC "I Still Believe" by Frank Turner for RB3 for free. This song will be transferrable to RB4. The CAG in you should jump on this right meow.

#4161 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

Just saw mossfan's Gamestop thread...

Rocksmith 2014 is currently $40, all console versions as well as PC/Mac

https://www.cheapass...ekly-ad-34-310/

Looked up the ad on GS' site and while it doesn't specify it, looks like it's for the Game+Cable bundle (since the regular price is 79.99).

Good price to jump to a new console version ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for RockBand, it sucks that The Beatles RB is still being kept off as it's own separate thing.  Makes it unlikely that we'll see that anytime soon (if ever again).  That's the only reason I go back to button guitars... everything else I'd rather do on a real guitar (or at least try to do, that is)

#4162 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

http://www.guitarwor...nd-flames-video

SKILLS!

Wonder if this song will make a comeback in the new version .

#4163 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:58 PM

I'm not sure if too many of you guys play outside the game, but Sweetwater has the Akai E2 Headrush Delay/Echo/Looper Pedal for $89. My buddy paid a little less than $200 for his last year. It is a really cool pedal. Anyway, link.

#4164 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

I'm not sure if too many of you guys play outside the game, but Sweetwater has the Akai E2 Headrush Delay/Echo/Looper Pedal for $89. My buddy paid a little less than $200 for his last year. It is a really cool pedal. Anyway, link.

Been debating on this for most of the morning. I know I'd seen these for $200 back during the Akai pedal/music123 price match extravaganza. It was one of the few pedals that wasn't discounted at some point. I've been wanting some sort of looper and I figure this might do. But i decided to check prices on eBay as I tend to do when considering new gear purchases and found it new for $69 with free shipping. I went ahead and bit on that one. More available from the same seller

#4165 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:04 PM

Been debating on this for most of the morning. I know I'd seen these for $200 back during the Akai pedal/music123 price match extravaganza. It was one of the few pedals that wasn't discounted at some point. I've been wanting some sort of looper and I figure this might do. But i decided to check prices on eBay as I tend to do when considering new gear purchases and found it new for $69 with free shipping. I went ahead and bit on that one. More available from the same seller

That's a great deal. They are backordered now at Sweetwater.

#4166 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

A link to the ebay listing for $69

#4167 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1895 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:59 AM

Canadians go nuts. 

Gibson SG 50's Tribute $399 CAD shipped

Gibson SG

#4168 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

Canadians go nuts.

Gibson SG 50's Tribute $399 CAD shipped

Gibson SG

Noooooo!! beatbuy.ca won't ship to the U.S. and samash-the only place I could find one-will only price match us sites. I'm being taunted by in in-stock, $317 gibson guitar. Curse you Kerouac!

At least it's selling fast. The other colors are already sold out and there are only a few left in ebony. I'll feel less frustrated when it's sold out

#4169 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:08 AM

Sweet Gibson SG. 300 bucks is a steal. To be honest I would rather get a LP Custom but to have a Gibson at that price is pretty good either way.

#4170 Pr0f1t   Trophywhorus Rex CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

RS2014 PC/Mac version $20.39 on Steam this weekend.  No discounts on DLC or import, so meh.