Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games at GameStop - Starts Wednesday 11/23/11

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Got this info from a buddy of mine that works for my local GS. May want to call yours just in case it's YMMV, but I doubt it. Great for me so I can skip BF all together and use this sale and amazon!

I wanna buy something, but anything I buy will probably be cheaper on Amazon anyways even with the B2G1. I wanted to get Killzone 2, but it would probably be cheaper on Amazon too.
Any recommendations for PS3 and PS2 anyone? Good games?
Was also think SC4, AC1&2, Bulletstorm...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This sale includes used games?[/QUOTE

it must be for used games as they have never done it for new ganes before (at least not to my memory). Besides with their inflated prices on used stuff its not that great

[quote name='Blabadon']I wanna buy something, but anything I buy will probably be cheaper on Amazon anyways even with the B2G1. I wanted to get Killzone 2, but it would probably be cheaper on Amazon too.
Any recommendations for PS3 and PS2 anyone? Good games?
Was also think SC4, AC1&2, Bulletstorm...[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a used copy of Killzone 2 at Blockbuster. It would be either $6.50 or $7.21. You should check that sale out. They also had a lot of copies of BulletStorm as well.

[quote name='strait edge follower'][quote name='CheapAssHustla']This sale includes used games?[/QUOTE

it must be for used games as they have never done it for new ganes before (at least not to my memory. Besides with their inflated prices on used stuff its not that great[/QUOTE]

yeah, you're right. That's why I don't shop there, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I actually saw a used copy of Killzone 2 at Blockbuster. It would be either $6.50 or $7.21. You should check that sale out. They also had a lot of copies of BulletStorm as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)
So GameStop has no good used game deals at all... Sigh...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I actually saw a used copy of Killzone 2 at Blockbuster. It would be either $6.50 or $7.21. You should check that sale out. They also had a lot of copies of BulletStorm as well.[/QUOTE]

Your chances of finding a copy of killzone 2 at bbv are just as high as having Olivia munn licking your psp, it ain't happening. Amazing warehouse has killzone 2 for around 12 I beleave

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be so harsh on gamestop. It's not a bad deal for newer-used games on consoles.
or ds/3ds games

I'm getting a new 360, so I'm definitely going to be snagging cheap, used 360 games with this B2G1 sale. The following titles are all under $8:

Devil May Cry 4
Gears of War
Halo
Lost Planet
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Crackdown
GRAW 1 and 2
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Bad Company
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Prey
Perfect Dark Zero
Prince of Persia
Fable 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I can get 6 games for $25. For a 360 noob, that's a great deal for me.

Too bad corporate Gamestop instructed the stores to throw away all the boxes/cases/manuals to the DS/3DS games to save space in the stores. That's what a employee told me and I think that's bullshit to save $5 bucks on a used game it comes with nothing. If that's the case, then your better off buying new. I'll stick to buying my games brand new and continue to look for better sales on games.

[quote name='wolverinevseveryone']Too bad corporate Gamestop instructed the stores to throw away all the boxes/cases/manuals to the DS/3DS games to save space in the stores. That's what a employee told me and I think that's bullshit to save $5 bucks on a used game it comes with nothing. If that's the case, then your better off buying new. I'll stick to buying my games brand new and continue to look for better sales on games.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats disgusting. Especially for 3DS releases! The cartridges are tiny!

^Why is GS tossing out the cases for DS/3DS games? This doesn't make much sense at all. Are PS3, Wii and xbox360 next?

Thanks for the post, OP. I'm hoping the B2G1 does start this Wed. I wouldn't mind picking up some cheap older games.

[quote name='kk012']^Why is GS tossing out the cases for DS/3DS games? This doesn't make much sense at all. Are PS3, Wii and xbox360 next?

Thanks for the post, OP. I'm hoping the B2G1 does start this Wed. I wouldn't mind picking up some cheap older games.[/QUOTE]

They take up a lot of space. The games are basically sd cards.

If your store has the games you want, buy them now and adjust price on Wednesday. I hope the games you want to buy aren't included in the Best Buy $30 sale (Batman, Uncharted 3 Battlefield, Madden, Rage, NFS: The Run).

Just confirmed this with my local Gamestop. No ability to return and rebuy though. Just information fr all of the flippers out there. You can get 2 copies of catherine (PS3) for 34.99 - 10% (PUR) = 31.49 and trade them into Amazon for 32.00. 50 cents profit but your choice of a free game 34.99 or less.

Also you can do a similar deal with Rage (PS3) Cost is about 36.00 after PUR and the TIV 32.40 so it would cost you about 10 dollars for a 40 dollar game.

A little bit tempted to do this on Friday.
But I've already bought No More Heroes and Dead Space 2 for 10 bucks each from Gamefly.
I might drop in for the Heavy Rain but not too sure about other games...
On top of all that I'm getting the PS3 bundle.

[quote name='Blabadon']Is KZ2, FO:NV and something else worth it for $26?
Is Fallout: NV even worth $13 if a complete edition is coming soon?[/QUOTE]

You should check out your local Blockbuster video. They are running 5 used games for $30 or 3 for $20 on all $14.99 and below games.

How can they prevent you from returning and rebuying? You can return any used game w/in 7 days. Cant you just say I didnt know you would be having this promotion??

I've been considering Arkham City, Saints Row and maybe Uncharted 3...but I'll probably hold off. I have a B2G1 coupon that's good until the end of the year anyway. Between Blockbuster and Gamefly, it's hard to find a good deal on the games there, even though I have a crap ton of credit there.

Called my local Gamestop, he said the Wednesday sale is only for people with a PowerUp Rewards card.

[quote name='Rokam']Called my local Gamestop, he said the Wednesday sale is only for people with a PowerUp Rewards card.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this will be available online?

You mean probably the paid version of the PUR. I think that's how it worked with the recent b2g1 that we get a day early to cherry pick.

[quote name='bob330i']You mean probably the paid version of the PUR. I think that's how it worked with the recent b2g1 that we get a day early to cherry pick.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if we had early access to the BF deals as well. I'm looking forward to getting Uncharted 2.

[quote name='RCS0926']It would be nice if we had early access to the BF deals as well. I'm looking forward to getting Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Hm I didn't think about this. It would be nice to buy my heavy rain early and have one less place to go to on bf. oh and uncharted 2 kicks ass !

Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but: Are the B2G1 deals generally combinable with the "$10 off" coupons you can get for redeeming PUR points? I was considering buying a used Skyrim solo tomorrow, but if I can use the coupon with the B2G1 on Wednesday, I might spring for it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hm I didn't think about this. It would be nice to buy my heavy rain early and have one less place to go to on bf. oh and uncharted 2 kicks ass ![/QUOTE]

I want some of the Kinect games on sale as well. Walmart has DC2 and KS2 for $15. If those deals aren't offered online or sell out quickly, then I won't mind paying $30 for them at GS since I have a lot of credit to burn.

[quote name='lunker']Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but: Are the B2G1 deals generally combinable with the "$10 off" coupons you can get for redeeming PUR points? I was considering buying a used Skyrim solo tomorrow, but if I can use the coupon with the B2G1 on Wednesday, I might spring for it.[/QUOTE]

Call them.

[quote name='lunker']Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but: Are the B2G1 deals generally combinable with the "$10 off" coupons you can get for redeeming PUR points? I was considering buying a used Skyrim solo tomorrow, but if I can use the coupon with the B2G1 on Wednesday, I might spring for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure but when they were doing the deal where you bought a new game like Skyrim and got % off a used game (I bought UC3 used for 30), my $10 off coupon from PUR worked even though the employee said she didn't think it was going to. I'm thinking it will work without an issue, and I plan on trying it myself.

I would take advantage of this deal but seems like every time i go in there with a plan to buy some games, the games i want don't have the original packaging....ever... sometimes i wonder why i even go in GS anymore.

It should as you are a PUR member and being a member has special perks connected to it (ex. 50% extra trade for everyone else, 60% for PUR members only)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Your chances of finding a copy of killzone 2 at bbv are just as high as having Olivia munn licking your psp, it ain't happening. Amazing warehouse has killzone 2 for around 12 I beleave[/QUOTE]

i went to 3 blockbusters in chicago yesterday and 2 of the 3 had copies of killzone 2

This is great, I was gonna wait to Black Friday but if this is true I'm going to get Pokemon Soul Silver (or New Super Mario Bros.), Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, and another Dualshock 3 Controler.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Just confirmed this with my local Gamestop. No ability to return and rebuy though. Just information fr all of the flippers out there. You can get 2 copies of catherine (PS3) for 34.99 - 10% (PUR) = 31.49 and trade them into Amazon for 32.00. 50 cents profit but your choice of a free game 34.99 or less.

Also you can do a similar deal with Rage (PS3) Cost is about 36.00 after PUR and the TIV 32.40 so it would cost you about 10 dollars for a 40 dollar game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might just do this. Locked in a trade for 2 copies of Catherine PS3. Good way to get a little bit of my Gamestop credit over to Amazon and get a free game in the process.

I'm sure this is a huge YMMV, which is why I'm not making a separate thread, but ONE of my local Gamestops already started their B2G1F sale today, and I was told it's running all week. They were also doing the 50% trade bonus. This store is NOT in the same shopping center as a Best Buy store, either, nor is it a brand new store doing a grand opening. I was pretty surprised to see it. Not sure if it was just a local decision my the district manager, or if there may be a handful of scattered stores around the country doing this, but it might be worth driving by your local store tonight or Tuesday to see if they have the signs up early. YMMV like I said. Good luck.

This is great news. I was looking to pick up some games during this sale but I really didn't want to have to try to get to the store on Black Friday. Chances are I wouldn't get to it until later in the day and all the good games will be gone by then. If this sale is limited to PUR members on Wednesday, I'll have a much better shot of getting what I want.

Come on, someone trade Super Mario 3D Land by Wednesday!

What are some good 360 games to get $34.99 or less used? Need to burn some gs credit. I already got skyrim and mw3. Need to finish gow3.

[quote name='nas6034']What are some good 360 games to get $34.99 or less used? Need to burn some gs credit. I already got skyrim and mw3. Need to finish gow3.[/QUOTE]

Check out Catherine, El Shaddai(26.99 but GREAT game), EDF Insect Armegeddon(17.99).

I'll add more later.

[quote name='nas6034']What are some good 360 games to get $34.99 or less used? Need to burn some gs credit. I already got skyrim and mw3. Need to finish gow3.[/QUOTE]

I Haven't played it yet but shadows of the damned seems really cool

bread's done
Back