Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games at GameStop - Starts Wednesday 11/23/11

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Got this info from a buddy of mine that works for my local GS. May want to call yours just in case it's YMMV, but I doubt it. Great for me so I can skip BF all together and use this sale and amazon!

Awesome. I just got an e-mail saying that the deals will be good Wednesday. I'll do a B2G1 Free, Borderlands GOTY, Heavy Rain DR, and perhaps Sonic Generations and God of War 3

[quote name='lunker']Sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but: Are the B2G1 deals generally combinable with the "$10 off" coupons you can get for redeeming PUR points? I was considering buying a used Skyrim solo tomorrow, but if I can use the coupon with the B2G1 on Wednesday, I might spring for it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't actually tried it myself, but the employees at my GS said it won't work. Apparently, the in-store B2G1 counts as a promotional offer, and so does the $10 off coupon (EDIT: I mean, the "$10 off any game" coupon), so there's not way to combine them.

EDIT: Woops, just read another CAG's reply that it did stack together for him/her in the past. Someone please try it out on Wednesday, and then report back! Thanks! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay here's the problem w/ the 10 off cuopons. If you want to combine the B2G1 with the $10 off cuopon make sure you get the cuopon that says "$10 of your purchase". Their is another cuopon that says $10 off any pre owned game. The problem with that one is if you get 3 $15 the cuopon lowers one of those $15 games to $5 and you'll get the $5 one for free ala no savings.

the difference between their used and new games is only $5, probably got a cheaper copy in Amazon warehouse or BB outlet than the B2G1F deal in GS. I feel so bad to waste $15 to join their useless reward program...

if used newer games werent $55 I'd be more interested. Drives me insane. A $60 new game, that becomes a used game, should be $45 at the MOST, since they only give $10-30 trade in. Thats still a $15 profit. greedy bastards. Cant remember the last time i bought a used game due to this, when I can get them NEW on amazon for much greater prices. Thanks anyway though TC

I'll swing by my local GS before work on Wednesday.
If the sale is active, I plan to grab EDF: Insect Armageddon & Splatterhouse for PS3 and another ~$17.99 game. :D

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']if used newer games werent $55 I'd be more interested. Drives me insane. A $60 new game, that becomes a used game, should be $45 at the MOST, since they only give $10-30 trade in. Thats still a $15 profit. greedy bastards. Cant remember the last time i bought a used game due to this, when I can get them NEW on amazon for much greater prices. Thanks anyway though TC[/QUOTE]

Well saints row 3 is 48 USED so with 10% off that would be $43.60. I'm glad that they are making some newer games cheaper. Battlefield 3 is also that price and rage is $40 to make it $36. I know these games have an online pass but you can get them cheap or free if you know where to look.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I was hoping for a b2g2 free on ps2 games. I would have racked up like crazy lol[/QUOTE]

Me too! But it makes good financial sense (for GS) to do their typical B2G1 free at this time of the year, and then a B2G2 free later on the leftover PS2 games...

hyperdimension is a nice flip if you can buy used also. n shadows of the damned was what resident evil 5 would be in a different universe. sleep time now.

can't buy mw3, umvc3, or anything i want online

they won't have those in store used
-.-"
all i can do is flip and get the games elsewhere...

any good suggestions for BB credit or do we just have the catherine and dimensions for amazon

Edit: if you get marked as Good for catherine you'll lose money on amazon, that's why i preffer best buy trade in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RCS0926']It would be nice if we had early access to the BF deals as well. I'm looking forward to getting Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm some bf deals will be early access. Not sure which ones though

[quote name='spug21']I can confirm some bf deals will be early access. Not sure which ones though[/QUOTE]

How early ? Oh please let the ps3 gh game deal have early access

Just got email from GameStop:

Madden 12: 39.98
Rage: 29.99
Duke nukem 9.99
LA Noire: 19.99
also borderlands goty

These are only ones I could remember, selection for Wednesday is Very very limited

I've been waiting for a B2G1 sale for a while. My store has Phoenix Wright 2 and 3, so I'll grab those and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Just got email from GameStop:

Madden 12: 39.98
Rage: 29.99
Duke nukem 9.99
LA Noire: 19.99
also borderlands goty

These are only ones I could remember, selection for Wednesday is Very very limited[/QUOTE]
That sounds about right. I thought midnight club was on there too.

[quote name='mrclutch']If I have like a $10 coupon from Power Up Rewards it will stack with the B2G1 wont it?[/QUOTE]

Yes as its 10$ off ANY purchase so you are good to go :)

Does any one know if the used game sale prices on their ad will be active on Wednesday? I would like to get assassin's creed 2 for $10 and street fighter 4 for $7.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yes as its 10$ off ANY purchase so you are good to go :)[/QUOTE]

That may be YMMV, as I got denied trying to use that coupon on a B2G1 sale the last time they had it.

Got an email this morning confirming the B2G1 will be available on Wednesday. The email says exclusive to power up rewards members but I bet that will only be enforced online, as it says in the email when you click on the sales that you have to enter your power up rewards number in checkout to get the deal.

I wanted that Mario 3ds kit that was $5 off, but this ad I got says it's $10 off so even better for me! lol

[quote name='akuma77']can't buy mw3, umvc3, or anything i want online

they won't have those in store used
-.-"
all i can do is flip and get the games elsewhere...

any good suggestions for BB credit or do we just have the catherine and dimensions for amazon

Edit: if you get marked as Good for catherine you'll lose money on amazon, that's why i preffer best buy trade in.[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm backing away from Amazon right now...I've had good experiences and bad experiences with them marking games down that shouldn't have been or just sending them back as "unplayable"...which they weren't. It's a nice flip if it works, but I don't need the free game that bad after just buying 30 games at Blockbuster, having Skyrim on my plate and getting Gears 3 for $26 and NBA 2K11 for $7 from Amazon Warehouse deals :) ...not to mention Homefront and Child of Eden from Gamefly.

[quote name='Dranakin']Sonic Colors, Demons Souls, and what else for $17.99?[/QUOTE]

Two Worlds 2? Although that's $6 or so at Blockbuster if you can still find one.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Does any one know if the used game sale prices on their ad will be active on Wednesday? I would like to get assassin's creed 2 for $10 and street fighter 4 for $7.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is just the 2-1 deal that is active Wednesday.

Fallout New Vegas.

Hoping to get Skyrim and I can do in store pick up for it, so might do that and find 2 other games when I go in. I have most of the $54.99 games so not sure what else to get.

[quote name='sadunk']Fallout New Vegas.

Hoping to get Skyrim and I can do in store pick up for it, so might do that and find 2 other games when I go in. I have most of the $54.99 games so not sure what else to get.[/QUOTE]

Is FO:NV worth it if a Complete Edition is coming out?

Probably, since it wouldn't have come out if the game wasn't good. I've never played it but if you can wait until February, do it. I figured it's an awesome price for the 40+ hours you'll get out of it.

[quote name='sadunk']Probably, since it wouldn't have come out if the game wasn't good. I've never played it but if you can wait until February, do it. I figured it's an awesome price for the 40+ hours you'll get out of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to get it in the B2G1, but decided I'll just finish up all my other BF games and wait for its price to drop more.

[quote name='Blabadon']Yeah, I was going to get it in the B2G1, but decided I'll just finish up all my other BF games and wait for its price to drop more.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do. FO:NV dropped to $20 fast and a few months later it was $10 everywhere. Gonna hold out on GOTY as it might go the same route since everyone and their mom has the reg version

my 10 percent discount card expired 2 years ago but i still get emails from powerups. does this mean im still eligible for the early b2g1 sale?

(repost)

Just signed up for PUR today. Do you get the 10% off the two games you buy on this offer as well? Or is it pay full price on the two and get one free?

[quote name='dc delta90']Just signed up for PUR today. Do you get the 10% off the two games you buy on this offer as well? Or is it pay full price on the two and get one free?[/QUOTE]

10% off used always stacks with any other promotion, so yes.

[quote name='david12795']my 10 percent discount card expired 2 years ago but i still get emails from powerups. does this mean im still eligible for the early b2g1 sale?

(repost)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are now a free member, but you still have most of the benefits of a paid.

[quote name='dc delta90']Just signed up for PUR today. Do you get the 10% off the two games you buy on this offer as well? Or is it pay full price on the two and get one free?[/QUOTE]

You'll get the discount on the 2 games you pay for. However, don't forget that tax is charged based on the regular price of the games and not the discounted price. Tax is 7.75% where I live, so my PowerUp discount essentially nets me an overall savings of 2.25% on used game purchases. Of course, the B2G1 deal makes it a much sweeter deal. I already know that I'm getting 6 games using the B2G1 deal (all games under $7.99), and the net total for all 6 games is going to end up being under $25, which is really sweet considering that half the games I'm getting are older, AAA titles.

[quote name='Dranakin']10% off used always stacks with any other promotion, so yes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is the ONLY thing that stacks anymore, unless it is another % off promotion. Not able to get those to stack last week.

So is this like stores where I can use a B2g1 free coupon during a b2g1 free sale and only have to pay for 1 game?

I know the answer but man do I wish it was that way.

What's sad is that even with this deal, you'll be able to get the same game cheaper, NEW on Black Friday.

Gamestop is such a rip off with their used game prices.

[quote name='beastly115']What's sad is that even with this deal, you'll be able to get the same game cheaper, NEW on Black Friday.

Gamestop is such a rip off with their used game prices.[/QUOTE]

Hah yea its true. They also mark up some of the semi new released games. I mainly buy old games not being release anymore during the b2g1 free deals because they don't care enough to mark those up.

bread's done
Back