Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games at GameStop - Starts Wednesday 11/23/11

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Got this info from a buddy of mine that works for my local GS. May want to call yours just in case it's YMMV, but I doubt it. Great for me so I can skip BF all together and use this sale and amazon!

[quote name='Lancezos']wow, sorry for my wrong statement then. They must have recently changed this because they would not accept 2 of my games a couple months ago that were missing booklets[/QUOTE]
You are correct, they used to take only complete games. Now they'll take anything like GS. (which I hate they're doing now, who the fuck seriously wants incomplete games??)

[quote name='Gameboy415']Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Hopefully my store will honor the lower price as well. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem! :D

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Does it list used as $17.99? Or does it just show new at $19.99?

I ask because they have no obligation if it just shows new as they do a new game only sale once in a while (ps3 move $10 games, bloodstone etc). If it lists used at 17.99 I will go fight the fight as it looks like a game I may be interested in[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the ad shows $19.99 for new.

Bought RAGE x 3 for ps3 , Catherine x3 for ps3 paid 144.xx

Sent ragex2 , catherine x2 to amazon... amazon GC 128.80

Got RAGE and Catherine for $15 !!

so guys I want to trade in rage ps3 at amazon but my says anarchy edition on it. Does it matter or is this the only copy of rage available and do I need to send it with a slip cover. Does it matter? Same with the Catherine CDs.

[quote name='snowmint']so guys I want to trade in rage ps3 at amazon but my says anarchy edition on it. Does it matter or is this the only copy of rage available and do I need to send it with a slip cover. Does it matter? Same with the Catherine CDs.[/QUOTE]

Have to send case N manual too.. for GOOD condithin.

I have the manuals and the cases are in good conditions. So it doesn't matter that its the anarchy edition and Catherine not having the cds?

I"m gonna pick up:

ICO/SotC Collection
God of War Origins Collection

Looking for another game (or games in a collection =p) that's $34.99.

I think I'm gonna return my games and exchange one of them. DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi... Didn't do my research on it before buying and it is NOT worth $52. Better off getting Dark Souls or something.

EDIT: Looks like I'm gonna have to pay the new price for EDF too. :( It's fun, but idk about $29.99 fun... Gonna have to think about this one.

[quote name='onyzukae']Bought RAGE x 3 for ps3 , Catherine x3 for ps3 paid 144.xx

Got RAGE and Catherine for $15 !![/QUOTE]

Nice of you to HORDE it out and then brag about it. Because of people like you, people like me can't get a copy because they are sold out. You must have came from SD.

[quote name='krashhole']nice of you to horde it out and then brag about it. Because of people like you, people like me can't get a copy because they are sold out. You must have came from sd.[/quote]
:cool:.......

[quote name='hqn101']For some reason when I got this deal Halo 3 bumped up to $8[/QUOTE]

It's $5 online and $8 in-store.

Picked up Bulletstorm (PS3), Force Unleashed 2 (360), AC: Brotherhood (360) for $21.64.

AC Brotherhood condition is a joke but the only copy I saw... I'll prob go back this week and try to exchange for something else. My location didn't have much at all.

[quote name='RCS0926']It's $5 online and $8 in-store.[/QUOTE]

Yea but it showed up $4.99 when the person rang it up it wasnt until i got the b2g1 that it went it to $8

[quote name='hqn101']Yea but it showed up $4.99 when the person rang it up it wasnt until i got the b2g1 that it went it to $8[/QUOTE]

Your Gamestops have registers/computers that show you the price?

Loaded up on some PS3 jRPGs (mostly)

~$15 ea for Star Ocean, Cross Edge and Record of Agarest Zero
~$11 ea for RUSE, Resonance of Fate and Demon's Souls

I think the best flip was an X360 Rugby game at $34.99 w $33.50 Amazon tiv (forgot the name Jonah Lomu ?)

I tried to get a used copy of EDF as part of the B2G1 but was denied the lower price.
Since I found 3 other games I wanted for the B2G1 anyway (Afrika, Resonance of Fate, and Splatterhouse), I said I'd just go for a new copy.
I pointed to the ad on the counter saying a new copy was $19.99 through 11/23 (today) but the cashier claimed the sale ended already (?).
Another employee tried to convince him that the sale was valid through 11/23 but he argued that it was over and it was back at $39.99.
I told him not to worry about it and that I would just pick up the used games.
After finding all the discs for the used games he randomly had a change of heart and manually adjusted the price for EDP down to $19.99 for me! :D

I'm not sure what made him suddenly change his mind but I got 4 games I wanted for ~$14 each so I'm happy! :D

I ended up picking up

Dark Souls :360:
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 :ps3:
White Knight Chronicles II :ps3:

Dark Souls is a Christmas present for my sister's boyfriend and the other two are games I've been after for a while. I had about $110 in credit to blow through, so even though WKC and DS are cheaper on Friday, I just said fuck it.

[quote name='SgtMcQuacks']Your Gamestops have registers/computers that show you the price?[/QUOTE]

yes when they scan it it shows up on the signature pad

Guys tell me if I did well:
Resonance of Fate 16.19
Bayonetta 16.19
Resistance Free(Orig. 9.99)

Kinda tempted to go back and return Resistance for Vanquish to maximize my spending potential and take advantage of the prices. That or Yakuza 3 but I haven't finished 1 or 2.

[quote name='redmangoose']Guys tell me if I did well:
Resonance of Fate 16.19
Bayonetta 16.19

Kinda tempted to go back and return Resistance for Vanquish to maximize my spending potential and take advantage of the prices. That or Yakuza 3 but I haven't finished 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

You should have fun with ROF. Bayonetta gets a lot of praise, but I found it lacking...I think I bought it for $15, it sat on my shelf forever, finally put it in and couldn't get an hour into it. The first Resistance is a great game but so is Vanquish. Honestly, if it were me...and everyone has their own opinions, I'd swap Bayonetta for Vanquish, not Resistance.

Went into a Gamestop to kill some time today waiting for my gf. Ended up doing all my BF shopping on impulse right then and there. I found a Deus Ex Augmented Edition with all the trimmings for the same price as the base copy used, so things went on from there. Ended up with that, Catherine and Dead Island for around $26 each after the promo and PUR. Add that to the Gamefly games I bought, and I don't see too much of a reason to go into Middle Earth tomorrow night.

I can deal with that. I'll see if I can pick up Dirt 3 at BBY and Heavy Rain at GS when the dust settles. Wish there was an Uncharted Dual Pack deal out there though.

[quote name='redmangoose']Guys tell me if I did well:
Resonance of Fate 16.19
Bayonetta 16.19

Kinda tempted to go back and return Resistance for Vanquish to maximize my spending potential and take advantage of the prices. That or Yakuza 3 but I haven't finished 1 or 2.[/QUOTE]

$32 dollars total, hmm... If you're really savvy, then you should be able to get R:FoM at $7 or lower. Bayonetta at $10 seems good, though I never was a fan of the game, RoF I have no say, but for $10 it shouldn't make you feel too bad if you dislike it. Hopefully you'll like it. You could switch out one for KZ2, although it can be found for under $10.

Managed to find Persona 1 for PSP, also picked up de Blob 2 PS3 and Patapon 3. Patapon 3 still had the entitlement code as well! All games were complete and as mint as a used game could be.

Was pleasantly pleased to find Trinity Universe PS3 , Record of Agarest War Zero PS3, and Atelier Rorona. With one for free and 10% off it came to around $50.

Tried to get Catherine, but no luck. Cashier said some lady was in earlier and bought 3 Catherine's and 3 Rage. Somebody is flipping games near me.

That being said, the TIV for Catherine dropped on Amazon I believe.

[quote name='jbz']Tried to get Catherine, but no luck. Cashier said some lady was in earlier and bought 3 Catherine's and 3 Rage. Somebody is flipping games near me.

That being said, the TIV for Catherine dropped on Amazon I believe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='onyzukae']Bought RAGE x 3 for ps3 , Catherine x3 for ps3 paid 144.xx

lol

[quote name='thedragon']Was pleasantly pleased to find Trinity Universe PS3 , Record of Agarest War Zero PS3, and Atelier Rorona. With one for free and 10% off it came to around $50.[/QUOTE]

Are these games actually any good or do people just get them because they're supposedly somewhat rare? I thought they just got trashed in the reviews from both critics and gamers.

Got...
Deus ex -ps3
Catherine -ps3
Shadows of the damned - ps3
El shaddai -360
Metro 2033 -360
Smt nocturne -ps2

For 125. I consider yesterday to be a success considering they were all complete and near mint.

[quote name='rentacop']lol[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah I saw that. I guess I know who did it....bummer for me who wanted to play Catherine. Going to Amazon to get it I guess :lol:

Dead Rising 2
Vanquish
Borderlands

RUSE
Rock Band 3
Mass Effect 2

All for about $80. Plus I had $50 in gift cards so I only spent around $30. Great deal, I just wish I could have gotten Resonance of Fate. Not sure if I want to spend more to get Yakuza, RoF and something else...Bayonetta or Wet, maybe Majin if the store has it in stock.

Wow you are so cleaver. Flippers like you are losers. Did you figure out how much your time is worth. Gas. Plus, I would never count your eggs in 1 basket sending them to amazon. If they thick your are getting too much for your game. They will damage it and send it back to you. I hope you get stuck with all of them. Please quit posting on this site.

And for you people saying I bought $100 of games and then sent them to amazon for $80 back from amazon. You still paid 100. Now you have money sitting at amazon. You do not magically get that money back.

[quote name='oasisboy']No, no, no. Get a job.[/QUOTE]

has nothign to do with getting a job, i dont want gamestop credit cuz they have bad deals

[quote name='akuma77']has nothign to do with getting a job, i dont want gamestop credit cuz they have bad deals[/QUOTE]

Yup B2G1 are just terrible deals...

[quote name='akuma77']how are you guys flipping rage if used price is 39.99 ??[/QUOTE]

they aren't flipping it, they are basically using the 2 for 1 to get a "free" game. So assuming they were PUR, they get 10% off 39.99. Rage WAS trading in at Amazon at around $32 for the PS3 version. So they could buy 2 copies of Rage, turn it around and get Amazon credit for it and then keep the 1 game they got for free. This only really works if you are trying to turn GS credit into Amazon credit.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Yup B2G1 are just terrible deals...[/QUOTE]

They are terrible deals especially since many of their games are out of stock
e.g. Ultimate Marvel vs capcom 3, mw3

Wow! Their online site sucks!!

After picking my B2G1 free games, i cannot checkout, i keep getting Server too busy message -- WTF! Did they not realize people would be purchasing online!

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Wow you are so cleaver. Flippers like you are losers. Did you figure out how much your time is worth. Gas. Plus, I would never count your eggs in 1 basket sending them to amazon. If they thick your are getting too much for your game. They will damage it and send it back to you. I hope you get stuck with all of them. Please quit posting on this site.

And for you people saying I bought $100 of games and then sent them to amazon for $80 back from amazon. You still paid 100. Now you have money sitting at amazon. You do not magically get that money back.[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha...I got all 6 games same place,.and all has case and manuals..

Are you guys ..what .. six years old?????

yes i paid 144.xx cash. and got 128.xx amazon credit.

for RAGE and CATHERINE for 16.xx

I alwayz buy some stuff from Amazon so..

it doesn't matter some my money sitting at amazon..

What the hell problem with you guys..

i will never buy used again. not because of gamestop, quality, or that developers get none of the coin from it, but because every single game has an online pass, and it would annoy me like crazy to try my new game only to see that i need to shell out an extra 10$ for the full experience. that said, 5$ classics FTW!!!

[quote name='taylort3']i will never buy used again. not because of gamestop, quality, or that developers get none of the coin from it, but because every single game has an online pass, and it would annoy me like crazy to try my new game only to see that i need to shell out an extra 10$ for the full experience. that said, 5$ classics FTW!!![/QUOTE]
If you buy used from gamefly, them come with the pass.

[quote name='onyzukae']hahahahaha...I got all 6 games same place,.and all has case and manuals..

Are you guys ..what .. six years old?????

yes i paid 144.xx cash. and got 128.xx amazon credit.

for RAGE and CATHERINE for 16.xx

I alwayz buy some stuff from Amazon so..

it doesn't matter some my money sitting at amazon..

What the hell problem with you guys..[/QUOTE]

It does not mean amazon will accept them. there is a 33% chance they get stomped on and you lose out. Way to give gamestop your money and hope you get credit. What a waste of time. BTW, you would be better off using gamefly.

Way to take the game from other CAGS. Loser.

bread's done
Back