Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games at GameStop - Starts Wednesday 11/23/11

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Got this info from a buddy of mine that works for my local GS. May want to call yours just in case it's YMMV, but I doubt it. Great for me so I can skip BF all together and use this sale and amazon!

I'm confused. I've logged in, the website found my Edge card info, I've added three used games, but am not seeing B2G1Free price in my cart....

EDIT - Ah, I removed everything and added it again, and it worked.

[quote name='jkimrey']The only problem with buying three at the first store and returning 2 of them at the second store (for two other games), is that if I recall correctly, you can't return/re-buy the game on the receipt that was the "free" one.

Or at least that was my experience recently.

Anyone know if that is usually the case?[/QUOTE]

You just return all 3 at the second store. And then swap out the one(s) you don't want.

The only reason I ever buy 3 at the first store is if I find a game I am half interested in at the first store (or a game to flip), but would rather have the game at the second store. I get that half interested game or flip at the first store in case I get to the second and the game was sold or the disc is in terrible condition. That way I don't have to drive back to the first.

[quote name='MikeE021286']I put a copy of Skyrim on hold at my local GS.

Now what else to accompany it with....[/QUOTE]

Who traded in Skyrim? I have been playing that game nonstop since it came out and I feel like I barely touched it...

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'll be heading out to my local Gamestop to see if this is live in-store today. I'll post back when I get the chance.[/QUOTE]
Its live jjust got back with 2 copies of Catherine and hyperdimention Neptunia

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I'll be heading out to my local Gamestop to see if this is live in-store today. I'll post back when I get the chance.[/QUOTE]

:applause: i wanna know!

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']I would fight them a bit man, because in the weekly ad it shows the game at $19.99. When I was in store yesterday the price was $17.99 preowned. They should of never jacked it up to begin with. False advertising...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you're right!
The ad says the $19.99 price (for a new copy) is valid through 11/23 but online it's coming up $39.99.
Maybe it's just an error on the website and the prices are still accurate in-store...
I guess I'll pop in and check before work!

[quote name='jj5206']Who traded in Skyrim? I have been playing that game nonstop since it came out and I feel like I barely touched it...[/QUOTE]

Some crazy person :applause:

Just a heads up for if anyone wants Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, my store had the sticker price at $17.99 pre-owned still. They honored the sticker even though the price changed today. I also looked at the ad and it said the deals ran from 11/16 through 11/23, so really, the deals are still live, GS are just being dumb and changing them already.

I picked up DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Mass Effect, and got EDF: IA for free.

Hard drives are included in the sale. They're usually not.

HAHAHAHAHA - Just talked to a manager at a store. The Kinect is considered a console which is how they get around the B2G1 being applied. fuck GS. The exclusions on their website only say that Hardware CANNOT be the free item. I tried arguing that's fine, I'll pay for the Kinect, just let me buy 1 game and get 1 free and he wouldn't have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get 6 games for 98 bucks and trade them into best buy for 125 dollars... is it worth it though. Decisions decisions =/

I hate the free shipping offer Gamestop has right now. You're supposed to get free shipping on anything $20 or more, but the catch is that you have to have at least 1 item in your cart that's over $20. It doesn't work if you have over $20 worth of items in your cart, but each individual item is under $20. I wanted to use the B2G1 online because I really don't feel like driving out to a Gamestop today. If I don't summon up the energy to drive out to a store today, then I'll just order my used games when I purchase the BF stuff I want from Gamestop.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Just a heads up for if anyone wants Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, my store had the sticker price at $17.99 pre-owned still. They honored the sticker even though the price changed today. I also looked at the ad and it said the deals ran from 11/16 through 11/23, so really, the deals are still live, GS are just being dumb and changing them already.

I picked up DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Mass Effect, and got EDF: IA for free.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Hopefully my store will honor the lower price as well. :)

[quote name='Durkan']I can get 6 games for 98 bucks and trade them into best buy for 125 dollars... is it worth it though. Decisions decisions =/[/QUOTE]

SO what's the combination.

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Just a heads up for if anyone wants Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, my store had the sticker price at $17.99 pre-owned still. They honored the sticker even though the price changed today. I also looked at the ad and it said the deals ran from 11/16 through 11/23, so really, the deals are still live, GS are just being dumb and changing them already.

I picked up DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi, Mass Effect, and got EDF: IA for free.[/QUOTE]

Does it list used as $17.99? Or does it just show new at $19.99?

I ask because they have no obligation if it just shows new as they do a new game only sale once in a while (ps3 move $10 games, bloodstone etc). If it lists used at 17.99 I will go fight the fight as it looks like a game I may be interested in

Thanks, I can confirm it's working in store for me as well. Picked up a few easy cheese-o games that I'm too ashamed to even speak them, and El Shaddai because that's still marked at 26.99.

Picked up Bioshock 1 + 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma for $19.25, which is good enough for me.

Now the question is... should I spend $14 on the steelbook edition of Gears 2 if it doesn't have the bonus disc? I love me some steelbooks, but I can get the normal edition for half the price on Amazon. Tempting - someone make the decision for me.

So put real short and simple here, if I drive out to my local GS stores the B2G1 will be live and I'll be able to get in on it being a basic Powerup member? The last one I went to took.

Was able to return and rebuy 2 games i had bought earlier this week, so that i could get a third free. was also able to stack a $5 off coupon from the power up rewards. this works best if one of the 3 games costs more than the other 2, then the coupon applies to the higher priced game.

Slightly off topic but are the deals on the games and accessories listed in that email, like the 5 off mario 3ds kit, available in store also or is this online only?

[quote name='Durkan']I can get 6 games for 98 bucks and trade them into best buy for 125 dollars... is it worth it though. Decisions decisions =/[/QUOTE]

NO, because 50% of them will not come complete (from my experience). BB will not trade them in unless they are complete.

[quote name='labrat34'] was also able to stack a $5 off coupon from the power up rewards.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I thought those typically didn't stack. If that's the case, I have a $10 I'd better go use after work.

If you have some GS trade-in credit to burn, it's worth flipping. If not, I wouldn't do it.

[quote name='Lancezos']NO, because 50% of them will not come complete (from my experience). BB will not trade them in unless they are complete.[/QUOTE]

BestBuy DO accepts disc only trade-ins. I traded in 10 games yesterday and most of them were missing booklets and two of them were disc only.

[quote name='Lancezos']NO, because 50% of them will not come complete (from my experience). BB will not trade them in unless they are complete.[/QUOTE]

Best accepts non-complete games.

YMMV on this one. My local GameStop had no idea about the promotion and said they couldn't look into it until a manager comes in later today.

so if I don't like one of the games, will there be a problem exchanging it if it's part of a promo? (I very rarely don't like it enough to get a diff game but I don't want to be stuck with something)

Grabbed arkham city, saints row 3 and uncharted 3 in the steelbook case this morning...all PS3. Thought about warhammer over uncharted but I hated the demo.

[quote name='onyzukae']Today for paid members only..[/QUOTE]

Ah...gotcha. Its totally worth the 15 bucks just for game informer, which is my crapper reader of choice each month.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Huh...the sale starts today.[/QUOTE]

it does, but my paid membership expired, and I did not want to waste another 15 on GS PUR. edit: Spent 15 on the BB Unlocked this year, which I have at least broke even on.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Just confirmed this with my local Gamestop. No ability to return and rebuy though. Just information fr all of the flippers out there. You can get 2 copies of catherine (PS3) for 34.99 - 10% (PUR) = 31.49 and trade them into Amazon for 32.00. 50 cents profit but your choice of a free game 34.99 or less.

Also you can do a similar deal with Rage (PS3) Cost is about 36.00 after PUR and the TIV 32.40 so it would cost you about 10 dollars for a 40 dollar game.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a genius! I wasn't planning on participating as there aren't that many used games I want, but after reading your post, the wheels in my head started spinning.

I had over $200 in GS credit and hadn't bought anything from them cuz Amazon keeps winning with their deals. So I took advantage of this deal, and will be converting most of this credit into Amazon credit. Surprisingly, my GS had a ton of games, all in great shape. I don't know how they stocked up, but I had never seen the store packed so full of games.

Thank you!!!

Yeah, I was certainly surprised to see it.

I had actually went to another GS and picked out three "okay" games. Then I went by another and traded in two of them for Skyward Sword and Carnival Games Kinect (both for my son). The guy working there actually let me pick out another game for free, so I ended up with b2g2 with one being Skyward Sword.

I was happy. :)

[quote name='herpderp118']how could there already be a used skyward sword?[/QUOTE]

Picked up Batman: Arkham City (360), Assassin's Creed Revelations (360), and Uncharted 3 (PS3) at my Gamestop. I was going to pick some of these up at Walmart and Best Buy, but I'd rather burn credit than cash, plus no fighting the crowds. Would've loved to get The Team ICO Collection and Halo Anniversary Edition, but those are OOS.

Sorry guys, I had to get to class. Like others have said, the B2G1 starts today for paid Power-Up Rewards Members only. I ended up return/rebuying MW3 and Skyward Sword to get Resistance 3 for free, and return/rebuying Nier and Skate 3 to get Vanquish for free.

picked up arkham city, skyrim, and dark souls for $80 (after credit)....

sending batman to amazon to end up at $24/each for the other two.. :)

I used Catherine, Alice, & Cabellas 2012 to flip some GS credit. Came a little ahead but that wasnt really the point.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']To back this up. Here is the official response

States that they accept disc only[/QUOTE]

wow, sorry for my wrong statement then. They must have recently changed this because they would not accept 2 of my games a couple months ago that were missing booklets

bread's done
Back