Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games at GameStop - Starts Wednesday 11/23/11

naruto98

CAGiversary!
Got this info from a buddy of mine that works for my local GS. May want to call yours just in case it's YMMV, but I doubt it. Great for me so I can skip BF all together and use this sale and amazon!

Any thoughts on how to use this to flip some money to bby? I have $60 in GS giftcards id rather have at bby.

[quote name='Althax']Any thoughts on how to use this to flip some money to bby? I have $60 in GS giftcards id rather have at bby.[/QUOTE]

do your own research?

step 1: gamestop.com
step 2: best buy trade-in estimator....com
step 3: eat a bagel
step 5: Try to remember step 4
Step 6: repeat

You can break even + get ~$5-10 bucks extra if you get 3x Catherine.

Or 2x traded to Amazon and get 3rd game free like others have mentioned. Whatever floats your boat.

[quote name='beastly115']What's sad is that even with this deal, you'll be able to get the same game cheaper, NEW on Black Friday.

Gamestop is such a rip off with their used game prices.[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting Zelda 3DS, Mario 3D Land, and the Ico/Shadow Collection for about $20.99 each. Please direct me to those games new for that price.

I do agree with you when if comes to titles like Uncharted 3 and Batman AC. But that doesn't make all their used prices a rip off. You just gotta shop smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='animemaniac14']do your own research?

step 1: gamestop.com
step 2: best buy trade-in estimator....com
step 3: eat a bagel
step 5: Try to remember step 4
Step 6: repeat[/QUOTE]

you dont have to be a dick. I have been looking, just thought id ask. I'm not looking to make money, just hopefully break even.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I plan on getting Zelda 3DS, Mario 3D Land, and the Ico/Shadow Collection for about $20.99 each. Please direct me to those games new for that price.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this has been asked before, but never played Ico/Shadow....are these actually good, engaging games or are they PS2 "legends" that are just "beautiful" to look at but I'll get bored playing?

i have a $25 gift card from some surveys i took, so if i can swing it, i'm gonna grab
-dark souls
-skyrim
-batman arkham city.

for $99 ($54.99 x 2 - 10% for PUR Pro)
-$25 for the GC
$74 + $7 tax = $81

then send batman to amazon for $33 (after playing it for a little bit :)

$48 / 2 = $24 a game for skyrim and dark souls...if the games are in top shape, totally worth it. if there were BF deals for skyrim or DS i'd probably wait...but doesnt look like much on that front.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']i have a $25 gift card from some surveys i took, so if i can swing it, i'm gonna grab
-dark souls
-skyrim
-batman arkham city.

for $99 ($54.99 x 2 - 10% for PUR Pro)
-$25 for the GC
$74 + $7 tax = $81

then send batman to amazon for $33 (after playing it for a little bit :)

$58 / 2 = $29 a game for skyrim and dark souls...if the games are in top shape, totally worth it. if there were BF deals for skyrim or DS i'd probably wait...but doesnt look like much on that front.[/QUOTE]

Just fyi, Dark Souls is $44.99 used now...not sure if you were trying to get 3 $54.99 games to maximize the deal or not.

I'm personally myself looking at Arkham City, Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3...but I'll probably wait, I don't feel like dumping $100 in credit for 3 games that will still be taking a backseat to Skyrim for the rest of the month.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Just fyi, Dark Souls is $44.99 used now...not sure if you were trying to get 3 $54.99 games to maximize the deal or not.

I'm personally myself looking at Arkham City, Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3...but I'll probably wait, I don't feel like dumping $100 in credit for 3 games that will still be taking a backseat to Skyrim for the rest of the month.[/QUOTE]

DS it shows up as 54.99 online (for store pickup, i reserved all three for pickup tomorrow :cool:
i would hope that it ends up being cheaper, but it's a moot point since i'm sure batman and skyrim will both be 54.99....and I plan to keep DS regardless, i see it and Skyrim as long term games....batman was a play till the amazon trade in deadline.

SRIII is a riot, btw.

@Velo214

I went through Gamestop's website and reserved my copies for the flip. I think I am just going to break even on those two and get Dark souls or Deus Ex for free.

So I can't find any store that has three used games I want.

Could I pick up three games at one store and then trade two of them in at two different stores the same day?

[quote name='jkimrey']So I can't find any store that has three used games I want.

Could I pick up three games at one store and then trade two of them in at two different stores the same day?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I have done that in every b2g1 sale. All you have to do is either buy the game you want at one and then go to another and get the other games. They will return that one and rering everything up

or you can just grab 3 at the first store and then they can return those at the 2nd store.

[quote name='boosted02gt']@Velo214

I went through Gamestop's website and reserved my copies for the flip. I think I am just going to break even on those two and get Dark souls or Deus Ex for free.[/QUOTE]

How did you reserve multiple copies? Or did you just reserve one of each?

Arkham City, Saints Row 3 and............

MW3? Battlefield 3? Either of these worth it for the campaign? Any other new games you'd recommend besides Skyrim?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Arkham City, Saints Row 3 and............

MW3? Battlefield 3? Either of these worth it for the campaign? Any other new games you'd recommend besides Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

The battlefield 3 champaign while solid was beyond annoying to play at times. Your team mates sometimes kill you and the enemys ai can be cheap. The Aa 12 shotgun is broken ad the ai can not you from over 50 feet with it ! Looks amazing though

gamestop by me had mw3, bf 3 & uncharted 3... so tempted. was rage any good? though about doing catherine, rage & dragon age ultimate.

this was my closest & 3rd store today, so my mind has changed.

[quote name='windfurycritz']you can probably get another game instead of rage seeing that it's going to be or already is 30 dollars.[/quote]

[quote name='honkeytonkblitz']does anyone know at what time this deal goes live online?[/quote]

deal is live now online.

[quote name='NeoStrider']what's the code?[/QUOTE]
No code. You have to have your Rewards Number tied to your GameStop login to access.

Argh!

My most wanted game in this sale, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon for PS3, just got jacked up to $29.99 for a used copy. :(
It was $17.99 yesterday!

I'm probably just going to skip the sale altogether now, since most of the other games I wanted seem to be OOS at my local store.
Oh well!

[quote name='sadunk']Used Kinect doesn't count as a pre-owned product even thought it's pre-owned. fuck you GS![/QUOTE]

It is truly lame :( not a bad price at $99 but no games.

The only problem with buying three at the first store and returning 2 of them at the second store (for two other games), is that if I recall correctly, you can't return/re-buy the game on the receipt that was the "free" one.

Or at least that was my experience recently.

Anyone know if that is usually the case?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes. I have done that in every b2g1 sale. All you have to do is either buy the game you want at one and then go to another and get the other games. They will return that one and rering everything up

or you can just grab 3 at the first store and then they can return those at the 2nd store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sadunk']Used Kinect doesn't count as a pre-owned product even thought it's pre-owned. fuck you GS![/QUOTE]

Used Hardware is never part of a B2G1 free sale! The thread even states "Buy 2, Get 1 Free used GAMES". Kinect is not a game :roll:

I tried adding a used 360 controller + 2 used games online and that appeared to work.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Used Hardware is never part of a B2G1 free sale! The thread even states "Buy 2, Get 1 Free used GAMES". Kinect is not a game :roll:[/QUOTE]

A local store here shows that they have the new Mario 3DS game.

I'm thinking that + another 360 controller + another $35 game for $70 sounds like an okay deal?

[quote name='krashhole']I just love it when retailers jack their prices up to make you think you are getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gameboy415']Argh!

My most wanted game in this sale, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon for PS3, just got jacked up to $29.99 for a used copy. :(
It was $17.99 yesterday!

I'm probably just going to skip the sale altogether now, since most of the other games I wanted seem to be OOS at my local store.
Oh well![/QUOTE]

I would fight them a bit man, because in the weekly ad it shows the game at $19.99. When I was in store yesterday the price was $17.99 preowned. They should of never jacked it up to begin with. False advertising...

I was thinking of getting Skyrim, Dark Souls and something else... but I doubt I could even find Skyrim used... so... nothing for me this year...

Maybe... Heavenly Sword.... I dunno... maybe I'll stop by.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I was thinking of getting Skyrim, Dark Souls and something else... but I doubt I could even find Skyrim used... so... nothing for me this year...

Maybe... Heavenly Sword.... I dunno... maybe I'll stop by.[/QUOTE]

You can always check your store's stock on the website and try to reserve for in-store pickup.

[quote name='zxyannd']Does the used game come with the manual and case? Or it just come with the disc. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Usually it comes complete, but this is GS afterall, so don't be surprised if it comes in a generic case w/o a manual. In other words no guarantees.

[quote name='kill3r7']Usually it comes complete, but this is GS afterall, so don't be surprised if it comes in a generic case w/o a manual. In other words no guarantees.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, in this case I'll pass on the deal.

bread's done
Back