Vanquish (PS3, Used) - $4.99+tax/shipped @ BestBuy.com

Thanks . Ive had a copy sealed for awhile now and never got around to it...but for 4.89 for instore pickup its a win for me. Guess ill be spending most of my time with BB this week. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='flex45']how good is this game?[/QUOTE]

Play the demo. It is crazy fast pace shooter (just play it).

Ordered one.

I didn't like it. But I'm in the minority. It's one of those games that even the people that love it would want it to be improved upon if it were to get a sequel.
Story is weak, and the gameplay has some repetition issues. When/if you play it you'll see why it didn't do very well but you can also clearly see that it had a lot of potential.

First question to ask yourself though, is "do you like arcade games?"

You get out of it what you put into it.

I've done some game balancing and plenty of evals. For my friends that are designers or competitive gamers then this is must have. Its a lesson in game mechanics but you will only realize how good it is when you start to tackle Challenge Mode. In challenge mode the designers freely tuned and balanced every element of the game without the restrictions that come from designing a campaign mode. Everything from weapons, enemy design, pacing, level design, is expertly tuned. This vid of a high level player shows mastery of all these things but its hard to understand what he is doing unless you know vanquish...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWGfXaXlzoI

If you are just looking for a campaign experience then Vanquish is not good. If you play campaign after you are good at challenge then campaign is an even better experience...strange thing lol. The best analogy i can come up with is for those who play fighting games. You will never understand fighters if you just play through story. The game is significantly more rewarding when you pick a character and compete, learn strategies, match-ups, exploits. Vanquish is on that level and this is why it has such high praise among those that picked this game apart.

im pissed cuz it was in stock, i ordered it, then it was backordered. and i used a $5 rewardzone coupon for it. and u KNOW it wont EVER be fulfilled. You think theyd check stores for me and send it to me, but i swear it said that it was up to ME to do that in some fine print. Im gonna give it another week then cancel it and ask for my 54 cents back and my $5 coupon back

Comes back in-stock very sparsely, I was able to order a copy shipped to the store about a week ago and finally picked it up today, still at the $5 price point. Currently dead.

It's super fast, a lot of fun, but over too quickly. The challenges are really tough as well. I paid $30 and thought it was worth it. $5 is a steal.

So... why was this 8-month old thread bumped? Whatever the case I don't think it is $5 anymore, I've had it on my wishlist since this thread was posted back in November, and right now it's showing at $10, not $5.

I LOVE 3rdPS, especially Gears 3. I can honestly say I had a much more fun and memorable time with Vanquish than any other 3PS this generation. platinum games makes solid stuff. For you noobs, these guys also made Bayonetta, my favorite 3rd person action title this gen :D

If you've never played, and you don't buy this for $5, you either are dirt poor or hate video games :D

This has been sold out forever, but there are tales of it being available. After checking for a few months I saw it available on 8/11 and ordered it. I got my shipping confirmation today. I believe it is currently listed as out of stock.

Just wanted to let people know that it is possible to get this game at $5. You just have to constantly check the site and get lucky.

This just highlights the fact that I am a pathetic deal hunter.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Anyone know if these come with case and manual when buying online?[/QUOTE]
I believe it's based on luck?

Finally, i'm able to get this game! Been missing it everytime. Thanks OP, down for one. For $4.79 i'll take my chances, and from what i hear it's pretty fun game.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']This has been sold out forever, but there are tales of it being available. After checking for a few months I saw it available on 8/11 and ordered it. I got my shipping confirmation today. I believe it is currently listed as out of stock.

Just wanted to let people know that it is possible to get this game at $5. You just have to constantly check the site and get lucky.

This just highlights the fact that I am a pathetic deal hunter.[/QUOTE]

Good looking out. Just ordered a copy, thanks. :cool:

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Anyone know if these come with case and manual when buying online?[/QUOTE]

I bought a used one back in dec and it came complete w/case and manual. The game was resealed. Everything looked new though!

[quote name='RealDeals']BUMP Just got one for shipping[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the bump got 1.

On a related note BB.com has finally updated the priority shipping option as free of cost for Silver members. Express delivery has been reduced to $2 too. This potentially can help out Silver members even more since I imagine orders from Silver members are going to be prioritized over standard RZ member orders to help fulfill the expected delivery dates.

Kudos to WNYX for bumping this. Ordered a copy with free shipping for under $5 after tax.

Pretty sure it's a crapshoot. It's a broad generalization, but I think your chances are better for finding complete copies by picking them up in-store, as opposed to ordering online with in-store pickup or shipping.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks for the bump got 1.

On a related note BB.com has finally updated the priority shipping option as free of cost for Silver members. Express delivery has been reduced to $2 too. This potentially can help out Silver members even more since I imagine orders from Silver members are going to be prioritized over standard RZ member orders to help fulfill the expected delivery dates.[/QUOTE]
The million eyes of non-silver member staring at you
˙︿˙

[quote name='tylerh1701']The guy who bumped this deserves a medal for being amazing!

Got 1 finally! FREE Expedited shipping too! :)[/QUOTE]

No prob ;) haha jk

bread's done
Back