Vanquish (PS3, Used) - $4.99+tax/shipped @ BestBuy.com

I felt so bad about missing out on this last time, thanks for bumping this thread RealDeals. $4.86 after shipping + taxes. Friggin' Sweet!

Well so far I've ordered this from Best Buy and they have cancelled the order because it was OOS and I've gotten a copy that didn't work. What's that they say about third tries?

Thanks for posting this. I'm sick of waiting for this game to have another awesome deal like the $5.50 deal a while back (which I swear I missed by less than a few minutes).

I played it when it was new... the campaign is bland and same ol' same ol'. The challenges look like something that could be fun but only if you put hundreds of hours into learning how to make your character invulnerable 98% of the time. Otherwise some of them just become stupid hard. Way too twitchy for me... But good deal for those interested.

[quote name='RealDeals']FML BACKORDERED!? Damn, I was the first here to get it in :([/QUOTE]

I don't believe this was ever really in stocked. We're all getting backordered. :cry:

[quote name='Woocls']I played it when it was new... the campaign is bland and same ol' same ol'. [/QUOTE]

Lol, I bet you shot everyone to death. It isn't the games fault you couldn't figure out how to play it.

[quote name='flex45']how good is this game?[/QUOTE]

if you play it like a duck and shoot cover game (gears of war style) it's meh.

if you play it like it's meant to be played (sliding around and making use of your abilities) it's absolutely amazing.

however, getting used to playing it how it's meant to be played may take awhile, if duck and cover is ingrained into you.

The last time this was for a new copy I got back ordered. I just paid and hopefully this time it will work out.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

you guys should thank the guy who bumped this thread

i mean yea op deserve most the credit but the dude who bumped should get some credit too

whats BB's used game policy? I know they reseal their games. Are you guarenteed an original case/artwork, and manual? What if its in a condition you find unacceptable (im very picky about my game condition). Can you return it like a new game?

I almost never buy used games but at this price it may be worth it

^_^x KD

Lmao. Just got the backordered email. If its like my other backordered stuff, hopefully it actually comes in. After a month or so.

Yeah, I played this recently and thought it was a blast. Such a shame it didn't sell well and probably won't be getting a sequel ever. Picture Mass Effect 3 combat/environments with a crazy rocket boost and big robots. The cutscenes and story were pretty well done as well. The achievements are quite easy and straightforward as well, typical for Sega.

Damn. Got my back ordered email this morning. Guess I'll be waiting another week or two like I had to do with the Looney Toons bluray.

This game is amazing, and I'm sorry for everyone who is getting backordered messages. As to the guy who said it would take hundreds of hours to master the game and do the challenges, just no...just no sir to you. While it IS difficult, particularly the final challenge, it shouldn't take you much more than 20 hours to plat the game, unless you just genuinely suck at it. The final challenge is one of the most brutal challenges i've played in a long time, so I can see that some people might not be able to complete it. But it's absolutely doable, and in far far less than a hundred hours. Saying HundredS of hours is just absurd.

[quote name='g-man']This game is amazing, and I'm sorry for everyone who is getting backordered messages. As to the guy who said it would take hundreds of hours to master the game and do the challenges, just no...just no sir to you. While it IS difficult, particularly the final challenge, it shouldn't take you much more than 20 hours to plat the game, unless you just genuinely suck at it. The final challenge is one of the most brutal challenges i've played in a long time, so I can see that some people might not be able to complete it. But it's absolutely doable, and in far far less than a hundred hours. Saying HundredS of hours is just absurd.[/QUOTE]
Ok, so I might have been over exaggerating but my point was that if you know how to play the game the main story is doing the same move-set over and over. The actual story is plagued by poor writing and a lack of imagination. The Challenges are the only fun to be had and the later ones are only challenging because some of the enemies can kill you in no time flat if you mess up just once (hence my learning to make yourself invulnerable comment).

Also: It's not a difficulty issue... if anything it's a lack of difficulty that frustrates me. I loved Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 for their difficulty. I may have just expected too much from Vanquish and so it ruined my enjoyment of it.

Is there any chance Best Buy doesn't fulfill the order? I don't mind waiting, just as long as it ships at some point.

Dang it, my copy is backordered as well. Last thing I ordered from Best Buy, PSP memory cards from the Blowout, got backordered for a month then canceled. I'm hoping I don't get a repeat.

Eh, well it's still available to add to cart. So I think we'll be EXTREMELY lucky if we receive this, that is if anyone is going to get it, even RealDeals who was the one who bumped the thread got the backordered notice.

Does Best Buy actually fulfill backordered stuff or is this pretty much just going to be a drawn out cancellation? I snagged Vanquish and Nier and got backordered emails for both this morning.

This game is absolutely incredible. Does more to advance cover-based shooters than any other in the genre.

[quote name='Pojo']This game is absolutely incredible. Does more to advance cover-based shooters than any other in the genre.[/QUOTE]
And you say this after everybody gets backordered :cry:

It looks like there were a handful of people who didn't get it from TRU for $4.98 brand new with the $5 coupon. As for me... I did.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']It looks like there were a handful of people who didn't get it from TRU for $4.98 brand new with the $5 coupon. As for me... I did.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it wasn't at my TRU either, I found out that it was clearanced off at Sears and went and got one yesterday (which worked out great since I had been wanting to play it for longest time but could never find it in stores). So for those who got backorders, you might want to see if your Sears still has it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Izanagi']It looks like there were a handful of people who didn't get it from TRU for $4.98 brand new with the $5 coupon. As for me... I did.[/QUOTE]
If my TRU had it, I would have bought it.

[quote name='rybrad']Does Best Buy actually fulfill backordered stuff or is this pretty much just going to be a drawn out cancellation? I snagged Vanquish and Nier and got backordered emails for both this morning.[/QUOTE]

From my experiences, backorder almost always equals a very prolonged cancellation.

Forgot to update this when it happened -- went from being backordered to fulfilled in less than a week. It should be delivered before the weekend.

Woah, thanks for that heads up everyone! I've been interested in this for a while, even more so after seeing some of you say it's an incredible game.

With the RZ Gamer's Club Unlocked I was able to pick it up for $4.71 shipped!!

bread's done
Back