Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2011

All of Best Buy's sales since Black Friday. They had a new deal of the day every day until the new year, and we must've had literally half a dozen threads about them in the forum.

Best Buy's deals.

Honorable mention to Kmart for some of their gaming coupon deals. But Best Buy edged them out in the holiday sales.

Best Buy DOTD. Not to be confused with the pre-order 5, get $100 credit deal which took way too long and had so many screwups it took itself out of the running.

For a single sale, I guess I'll go with Best Buy's Black Friday sale even though I already had all the games worth getting thanks to K-Mart's release day deals. BB can enjoy the spotlight for a little bit before everyone hates them again when they go back to MSRP for at least the first month of release.

The HP Touchpad. Not sure if this is the best category, but no game deal got me out of the house and scrambling around town like this deal.

K-Mart's Deal... Buy Batman Arkham City and get a $30.00 gaming coupon.

I used that $30.00 gaming coupon on a different K-mart Deal... Buy One get One Half off. So I bought "Call of Duty: MW3" ($60 - $30 dollar coupon) & "Skyrim" (Half Price for $30)... for a total of $60.00

Best Buy's Buy 5 Get $100 RZ promotion. While it was work, it still didn't beat getting 5 brand new releases to what equated to me at $20/title on average (PMing). Matched with Best Buy's trade in promotion (with the crazy TIVs at first), this was beyond fire. After PMing, I got in at $207 (mix of cash and store credit). Traded in 3 of the games for $107 (after completing them). All in all, I spent $100 to play 5 hot New Releases on release day (keeping MW3 and GoW3) and Best Buy gave me $100 dollars to use later on. Being that I would probably have spent that anyway, I essentially got MW3 and GoW3 completely free on release day.

$207 (GoW3 50, Batman 42, JD3 35, MW3 50, AC:Rev 30)
- $107 (Batman 40, JD3 37, AC:Rev 30)
- $100 (RZ Bonus for 5)
--------
0 i.e. FREE

Honorable mention: Target's B1G1 (error) and Walmart's Dance Central 2/Kinect Sports 2 $15 on BF

Last edited by a moderator:
bestbuy BF and dotd.

i would mention target too for their b1g1 free, but that was a glitch, and a $60 title/2 = $30 same as bestbuy bf sales for those new release games at the time.

BB DotD.

(Although if I had to be specific, I almost pissed myself when I was able to pick up the Batman:Arkham City/Arkham Asylum GOTY two-pack from Wal-Mart for $30 on BF)

Blockbuster $1 blu-rays. Got probably 30-40 different films out of this.

If limited to just gaming I'd say Best Buy's late 2011 Holiday deals were just consistently great.

Never thought I would say this, but Best Buy absolutely KILLED it this Holiday. K-Mart also did remarkably well, but my vote has to go to Best Buy!

AS much as I liked BB deals, I have to pick Kmart's coupon deals. Especially the $30 coupon for Batman AC. I got LotR for $20 the week after and the train kept going. Insane coupon deal.

bread's done
Back