Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2011

Best Buy Deal of the day in February (Dropped Fallout: New Vegas to $10 along with other games) and from November all the way to the New Year.

I'm going to rescind my previous nomination for Best Buy's Black Friday sale and go with Kmart coupons instead. I already had everything I wanted from that sale thanks to (mostly) Kmart. Best Buy had a good last month or two. Kmart delivered every week.

If I were to exclude holiday deals, and concentrate on a single deal for a specific game, I'd have to nominate Toys R Us for the deal they had for Mortal Kombat. Only a week after release, they had it for $39.99, and you could save an additional $10 with the in-store coupon. Hell of a deal for such a new game.

Also, the TRU 2 $60 games for $50 snafu.

best buy deal of the day was online, so i don't think it should qualify for this award. you could elect to pick up your purchases at the B&M, but so what? does that mean that the post office should be nominated for all of amazon's sales?

1) Blockbuster B1G1 sales and the 3 for $15, 5 for $25

followed closely by:

2) Best Buy's deals in Nov/Dec (deal of the day and the Outlet Center clearance).

I'd like to see Blockbuster win it as their swan song as I don't see the deals continuing there much longer (and certainly the accessibility of them is diminishing rapidly as they close more stores).

Blockbuster has the best used game sales. Makes me sad that the last store closed near me and now the only one that we have left where I live is inside a grocery store. It is very small and hardly has any games or movies except for newer releases...and never has used game sales. Sad. :(

Touchpad sale, I would have said the $4.99 games at Best Buy that was almost all online with not many games available in store for $4.99 or available for pickup.

Though the Hp Touchpad $99/$149 deal was nice, I vote for the Target $299.99 PS3 with $100 Gift Card PLUS $60 Gift Card!!!!!!!!!!

This was around the end of April or beginning of May, 2011.

Best Buy - turtle beach x11's + digital reciever DotD, sale, gamer coupon, + charm and manager override. $35. (at least for me)

Microsoft Store's Kinect games for $15 on Black Friday. DC1/2, Kinect Sports Season 1/2 and like 2-3 other popular/new Kinect games were also on sale at that price.

Not counting the Target B1G1 glitch and other screw-ups...

BlockBuster's B1G1 and 5 for $25 deals. I don't recall anything else really standing out...

I would say it could be the target deal where if you buy blurays you get a 100 dollar coupon for a 100 dollar gift card when buying the ps3 along with a 60 dollar gift card that was coming with the console. So that made it 160 GCs with a purchase of a PS3. Pretty crazy deal. Or best buy's black friday deal where all the new games were 29.99 uncharted 3 batman ac etc.. was a great deal! or how about the deal for toysrus where all that guitar hero stuff was on sale for cheap the super bundles for like 20 bucks turntables for 10 bucks man what a crazy year! :) good memories haha

Best Buy's Deal of the Day wins here....by a hair. If they hadn't canceled my order on Bulletstorm, the margin would have been greater.

Best Buy put everyone to shame this holiday season as far as I'm concerned. It was the only place running an awesome Uncharted 3 sale.

Best Buy's Black Friday deals were nuts. The BB I walked into was already packed, but the gaming section was mobbed with people walking out with boxes and boxes of games. I actually was hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable waiting in line, but it was totally worth it to pick up $30 games that had been released 2 weeks beforehand.

Best Buy's physical stores only profited when I couldn't order online and had to use in-store pickup (and a handful of those orders got cancelled when merchandise was suddenly unavailable).

Deal of the Day at Best Buy - I stuck my head in on a regular basis just to see what the new cheap game was!

bread's done
Back