* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#3001 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:09 AM

Copy-pasting from my MFC post:

Hobby Search: Bargain Sale will start from 12:00PM of 9th Sep., Japan time[GMT+9]. The end date is 23rd Sep.

#3002 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:55 PM

Nendoroid Fallout Vault Boy (March 2020):

FIGURE-052559.jpg

Well that came out of nowhere.

#3003 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:34 PM

Well that came out of nowhere.

I had pretty much the same reaction, but, y'know, if it leads to a Doomguy figma down the line, it's all good :D

#3004 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

TOM is having a Tokyo Game Show-themed sale with video game figures, goods, etc. - https://otakumode.co...or-gaming-merch

#3005 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

TOM is having a Tokyo Game Show-themed sale with video game figures, goods, etc. - https://otakumode.co...or-gaming-merch

*looks around* They forgot to actually put things on sale >_>

I had pretty much the same reaction, but, y'know, if it leads to a Doomguy figma down the line, it's all good :D

A Nendo would be cool for him too. I would like to see something from Elder Scrolls as well.

#3006 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:19 AM

Was invoiced for Flare Nier Automata 2B this morning. Hyped for this ^^

#3007 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

More MFC copy-pasta:

Right Stuf: This shop is now selling several "imperfect" figures with discounts. These items have damaged boxes, but the figures themselves are fine - https://www.rightstu...rds=[Imperfect]

HLJ: Autumn Sale starts Thursday, September 19th at 11 AM (JST).

It's not clear if this is one of their sales where they add new categories of items every day, but the email says, "Be sure to visit us when it starts to get the best deals on popular products from action figures to scale models -- while they last!"

As a reminder, HLJ sales sometimes start a little late, so keep that in mind.

#3008 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1106 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

More MFC copy-pasta:

Right Stuf: This shop is now selling several "imperfect" figures with discounts. These items have damaged boxes, but the figures themselves are fine - ]https://www.rightstufanime.com/category/Figures?keywords=[Imperfect]
 HLJ: Autumn Sale starts Thursday, September 19th at 11 AM (JST).
It's not clear if this is one of their sales where they add new categories of items every day, but the email says, "Be sure to visit us when it starts to get the best deals on popular products from action figures to scale models -- while they last!"
As a reminder, HLJ sales sometimes start a little late, so keep that in mind.

If you plan on buying the imperfects, to read the description. Some of them have missing or broken pieces. Good prices though.

Also appreciate the heads up on sales Kasahara!

#3009 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

If you plan on buying the imperfects, to read the description. Some of them have missing or broken pieces. Good prices though.

Also appreciate the heads up on sales Kasahara!

Thanks for the info on the imperfects. The couple of listings I had seen only mentioned damaged boxes, so I assumed it was the same for all of them ^^;

And no problem! :)

#3010 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:04 PM

HLJ Autumn Sale is live: https://hlj.com/autumn-sale-2019

Some nice prices in there.

Upcoming TOM sales:

20x points - Sept. 20

10% off coupon - Oct. 11

#3011 elessar123  

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:38 PM

HLJ site is pretty broken through, doesn't let me check out with USD or credit card.

#3012 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

HLJ Autumn Sale is live: https://hlj.com/autumn-sale-2019
Some nice prices in there.

Picked up a couple of figures and a handful of other items at HLJ this morning. This is a pretty good sale.

#3013 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

Picked up a couple of figures and a handful of other items at HLJ this morning. This is a pretty good sale.

There are a few I have my eye on, but Flare 2B was expensive. Maybe once I know how much of a delay Hobby Max Chii is getting so I can plan the next month better...

What did you get from the sale?

#3014 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4302 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

What did you get from the sale?

Figure-wise, my big pickup was AGP MS Girl S Gundam for 6600 yen. I love Gundam Girls, but the early figure versions of them apparently weren't very good, quality-wise, and the later ones are supposed to be better but are also much more expensive. S Gundam is one of the latter, and seeing as how her MSRP is 11,000 yen, there was no way I could pass her up.

My other figure pickup was this Miku version of Danboard. I like Miku, I like Yotsuba&!, so why not?

I also got a Pikachu sticky note set, Kirby multi-pocket clear file and notebook set, Touhou art/how-to book, and the Chocobo's Crystal Hunt card game and expansion.