* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2611 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Won another Re:Zero keychain from the TOM crane. I think it's Rem again, lol. There are four versions of her, so hopefully this one is different. I would like to try a different machine, but this is the only one currently available that they give you enough free points to play.

-Update-

Win #3 looks like Emilia.

Also got my first Rem in today:

Spoiler

#2612 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13969 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

You get five free plays when you download Toreba for mobile phones.  Seriously, give it a try if you like UFO Catchers but don't have regular access to them.

#2613 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

You get five free plays when you download Toreba for mobile phones.  Seriously, give it a try if you like UFO Catchers but don't have regular access to them.

I've always liked UFO catchers. I still play Nintendo Badge Arcade free plays on 3DS every day. I need to stay away from Toreba if it works well since I would probably get addicted to it :P

#2614 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2666 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

Anyone buys banpresto here?

I just bought this on amiami

5490A194-A2E9-4F49-8F41-3E809E4DB720_zps

Havent gotten my invoice yet but it was priced at ¥1300 yen and chose SAL unregistered. Was that a good decision?

craizieboi888.png

#2615 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:09 AM

I just bought this on amiami

Spoiler

Havent gotten my invoice yet but it was priced at ¥1300 yen and chose SAL unregistered. Was that a good decision?

Yup. I have a handful of Banpresto prize figures and they're generally quite good for the price. Obviously, don't expect 10k yen figure quality, and be prepared for potential flaws.

Coincidentally, my most recent Banpresto arrival is also a Dragon Ball figure, albeit of Bulma; she turned out really well. I also have the rerelease of Midoriya from My Hero Academia on order.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2616 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39945 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:14 AM

I just bought this on amiami5490A194-A2E9-4F49-8F41-3E809E4DB720_zps

Banpresto is one of the better prize figure makers imo. I usually go registered, but I like having a tracking number.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2617 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2666 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for quick reply. Since it was like only 1300 yen i figured i just go cheap in shipping. How much is the difference between reg and unreg? I bought a figma before worth $65 and sal reg was like $10 for it. Will i be getting the same price for this $13 fig? I was too excited to get it that i just said submit. Hehe

craizieboi888.png

#2618 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2666 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

Yup. I have a handful of Banpresto prize figures and they're generally quite good for the price. Obviously, don't expect 10k yen figure quality, and be prepared for potential flaws.

Coincidentally, my most recent Banpresto arrival is also a Dragon Ball figure, albeit of Bulma; she turned out really well. I also have the rerelease of Midoriya from My Hero Academia on order.

I missed out ordering the figma midoriya and kicking myself for it. That is a nice alternative! Still hoping they rerelease him soon and be alot cheaper.

craizieboi888.png

#2619 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Banpresto prizes are good. I have a few of the 1300 yen ones on pre-order (most recently Kirito).

How much is the difference between reg and unreg? I bought a figma before worth $65 and sal reg was like $10 for it. Will i be getting the same price for this $13 fig? I was too excited to get it that i just said submit. Hehe

Registered is 410 yen more than unregistered, regardless of shipping cost. For a 1300 yen figure, unreg is the way to go.

#2620 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2666 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

Banpresto prizes are good. I have a few of the 1300 yen ones on pre-order (most recently Kirito).

Registered is 410 yen more than unregistered, regardless of shipping cost. For a 1300 yen figure, unreg is the way to go.

Thanks! Finally got my invoice its was ¥680 shipping for unreg. Total dollar cost was $18.84.

Im seeing US sellers selling this figure for like $29.99+shipping. Pretty happy with the savings yhough i have to wait longer.

craizieboi888.png

#2621 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

TOM is having a one day Valentine's sale: https://otakumode.co...p/valentinesale

Very tempted on Kotobukiya Edward Elric LE for $100, but I already have his Megahouse ver.

#2622 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:08 AM

GSC WonFes items are up for pre-order. Open 2/18 - 2/27 or until sold out. Remember that US orders get half off shipping for WonFes items (1000yen/$9 rather than the usual 2000yen/$18).

Figma Bride and Groom are also available for pre-order.

CUIXttA.jpg7WHxBSs.jpg

This stock may be more limited than the WonFes items. For some reason, GSC did not categorize these as WonFes, so they have to be ordered separately from the WonFes stuff.

GSC offers to charge you in either USD or JPY. I recommend choosing USD at this time since GSC's conversion rate is good (1 USD = 109 JPY). If you pay with PayPal, you are not charged until 1-2 weeks before release.

I placed two orders. Nendo Snow Miku + Nendo Megumin came out to $105 shipped. Figma Bride + Figma Groom were $100 shipped.

#2623 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the reminder! Just a single figma Snow Miku for me this year.

As for WonFes itself, not much new for me on that front. Video game-wise, there's a handful of new Persona 5 and Pokemon figures, as well as some others. A bunch of previously-announced figures have gotten updates as well (colored prototypes, etc.). As usual, MFC's WonFes master lists should be going up later.

ETA: The List (new announcements) is live and in progress. Covers WonFes, Toy Fair, and announcements made just prior to those two events. The Other List (updates) hasn't gone up yet.
sig.gif

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2624 kp2016  

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

This looks great!

#2625 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:39 AM

The Other List is up!
sig.gif