* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2701 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Last chance to use the 30% off figure and dolls coupon at TOM. I would love to use it but I'm already tapped out after the plush coupon.

#2702 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

I ended up preordering something. It's been awhile since I've done that.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2703 DarthPwner  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

I ended up preordering something. It's been awhile since I've done that.

Metal Gear Solid is very near and dear to my heart... but I just don't think it would be practical to get that one. I have a 100% Naruto Nendo set, so I am limited on office space at the moment... I was hoping they would put Gaara on the damn site before today, but it didn't happen!

#2704 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Last chance to use the 30% off figure and dolls coupon at TOM. I would love to use it but I'm already tapped out after the plush coupon.

I probably should've waited to order my husband's Nendo Guardian in case a coupon like that one popped up. Ah well... still got a nice price for it after points were applied :D
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2705 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

Metal Gear Solid is very near and dear to my heart... but I just don't think it would be practical to get that one. I have a 100% Naruto Nendo set, so I am limited on office space at the moment... I was hoping they would put Gaara on the damn site before today, but it didn't happen!

I have the MGS Nendo and he is really good.

I too am collecting all the Naruto Nendos and anxiously await Gaara. He doesn't have a release year or prototype yet though. I don't expect him until 2019.

#2706 DarthPwner  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:37 AM

I have the MGS Nendo and he is really good.

I too am collecting all the Naruto Nendos and anxiously await Gaara. He doesn't have a release year or prototype yet though. I don't expect him until 2019.

Ah ok. Then I will get Snake. May as well... I have points that will expire when my pro status expires. Thanks for letting me know about the Gaara!

#2707 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Round 2 of HS bargain bin started. Added Figma and Nendo Tracer at ok (not amazing) prices.

#2708 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

Here's some relatively niche/obscure video game figures that recently went up for preorder:

Front Mission 1st Wander Arts - Zenith (city camo), Zenith (desert) - AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobby Search

FIGURE-039707.jpg

FIGURE-039708.jpg

I disliked the one Front Mission Play Arts kai action figure I owned enough to sell it, so I don't have too much faith that these will turn out well. Also, the prices are higher and the figures themselves are smaller :cold:

Still, I'm glad that these exist, and that Front Mission isn't forgotten. I do wonder what their existence means, though. Are these tied into Left Alive, that game announced last year which is set in the FM universe? Is a new port of Front Mission, aka Front Mission 1st, coming in some form? What's the deal?

Arle Nadja 1/8 by Alter - AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobby Search

FIGURE-040014.jpg

Arle and Carbuncle are listed here as being from Madou Monogatari, but you may know them better from that game's internationally famous spinoff, Puyo Puyo. There have been a handful of Arle figures in the past, but this is easily the nicest that isn't a garage kit, and also one of the very few based on her classic design, as opposed to the simpler modern one.

I would preorder her in a heartbeat if the price wasn't so high ;_;
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2709 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:50 AM

HLJ summer sale: https://hlj.com/summer-sale-2018