* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2701 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Last chance to use the 30% off figure and dolls coupon at TOM. I would love to use it but I'm already tapped out after the plush coupon.

#2702 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40025 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

I ended up preordering something. It's been awhile since I've done that.

#2703 DarthPwner  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

I ended up preordering something. It's been awhile since I've done that.

Metal Gear Solid is very near and dear to my heart... but I just don't think it would be practical to get that one. I have a 100% Naruto Nendo set, so I am limited on office space at the moment... I was hoping they would put Gaara on the damn site before today, but it didn't happen!

#2704 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

Last chance to use the 30% off figure and dolls coupon at TOM. I would love to use it but I'm already tapped out after the plush coupon.

I probably should've waited to order my husband's Nendo Guardian in case a coupon like that one popped up. Ah well... still got a nice price for it after points were applied :D

#2705 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

Metal Gear Solid is very near and dear to my heart... but I just don't think it would be practical to get that one. I have a 100% Naruto Nendo set, so I am limited on office space at the moment... I was hoping they would put Gaara on the damn site before today, but it didn't happen!

I have the MGS Nendo and he is really good.

I too am collecting all the Naruto Nendos and anxiously await Gaara. He doesn't have a release year or prototype yet though. I don't expect him until 2019.

#2706 DarthPwner  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:37 AM

I have the MGS Nendo and he is really good.

I too am collecting all the Naruto Nendos and anxiously await Gaara. He doesn't have a release year or prototype yet though. I don't expect him until 2019.

Ah ok. Then I will get Snake. May as well... I have points that will expire when my pro status expires. Thanks for letting me know about the Gaara!

#2707 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Round 2 of HS bargain bin started. Added Figma and Nendo Tracer at ok (not amazing) prices.

#2708 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

Here's some relatively niche/obscure video game figures that recently went up for preorder:

Front Mission 1st Wander Arts - Zenith (city camo), Zenith (desert) - AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobby Search

FIGURE-039707.jpg

FIGURE-039708.jpg

I disliked the one Front Mission Play Arts kai action figure I owned enough to sell it, so I don't have too much faith that these will turn out well. Also, the prices are higher and the figures themselves are smaller :cold:

Still, I'm glad that these exist, and that Front Mission isn't forgotten. I do wonder what their existence means, though. Are these tied into Left Alive, that game announced last year which is set in the FM universe? Is a new port of Front Mission, aka Front Mission 1st, coming in some form? What's the deal?

Arle Nadja 1/8 by Alter - AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobby Search

FIGURE-040014.jpg

Arle and Carbuncle are listed here as being from Madou Monogatari, but you may know them better from that game's internationally famous spinoff, Puyo Puyo. There have been a handful of Arle figures in the past, but this is easily the nicest that isn't a garage kit, and also one of the very few based on her classic design, as opposed to the simpler modern one.

I would preorder her in a heartbeat if the price wasn't so high ;_;

#2709 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

HLJ summer sale: https://hlj.com/summer-sale-2018

#2710 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Persona 3 Makoto Yuki Figma (January 2019) (re-release):

UumbrvQ.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei Jack Frost Nendoroid (November 2018) (re-release):

vVofbC8.jpg

#2711 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

Jack Frost is an awesome Nendo, and given how much he shot up in price in the after-market, this rerelease was well overdue. Shame that they bumped up his price, but I guess that's par for the course these days *shrug* Definitely pick him up if you have any interest in him :D

#2712 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

Gaara Nendoroid (March 2019):

DKgDLAY.jpg

GSC TOM AmiAmi

Looks like he comes with two faces, slight frown and slight smile. A third one with a crack showing his sand armor breaking would have been sweet, but we already know these Naruto Nendo releases are bare-bones. I thought he would take longer to go up for pre-order... he went from sketch with no further information to finished product ready to pre-order.

Nendo Jiraiya will be up for pre-order in early July. If you want to order both from GSC, you can wait until Jiraiya is up to combine shipping.

Nendo Naruto re-release is also up for pre-order.

#2713 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

Overwatch Junkrat Nendoroid (January 2019):

hwx2xC1.jpg

Upcoming WonFes will have exclusive Persona 5 Hero casual ver. Figma:

QevpT07.jpg

Pre-orders will open July 29 and shipping is half-off to US.

#2714 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

Persona 5 Sakura Futaba Nendoroid (December 2018):

3SeVxuK.jpg

#2715 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Jiraiya Nendoroid (December 2018):

tjVFdai.jpg

GSC

I'm not sure if partner shops are getting this one. Pretty good deal to order direct from GSC anyway if you also want Gaara (and whatever else you're currently interested in) since GSC uses flat rate shipping cost, regardless of number of items in order ^^

Prototype revealed for Nendo Tsunade. I'm guessing they'll make Orochimaru too to complete the Sannin.

#2716 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Square Enix Nier:Automata A2 (September 2018):

ngNNNs2.jpg

Not great quality :\

Also last day of TOM 30x points bonus. Some items already have 10x points, so you can get up to 40x.

#2717 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:13 PM

Not great quality :\

Also last day of TOM 30x points bonus. Some items already have 10x points, so you can get up to 40x.

Haha, you aren't kidding :cold:

Speaking of which, Square Enix is currently showing off a bunch of Bring Arts prototypes at Comic-Con. Highlights include Kairi, Cloud, and Sephiroth from the Kingdom Hearts series; Neku from The World Ends with You; and a whole bunch of FFIX characters.

I preordered S.H.Figuarts kid Krillin yesterday at TOM. He's one of those 40x figures, so that netted me around $21 in points :whee: Dunno if I should order anything else...

#2718 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:36 PM

I preordered S.H.Figuarts kid Krillin yesterday at TOM. He's one of those 40x figures, so that netted me around $21 in points :whee: Dunno if I should order anything else...

Nice, I ordered Krillin too (from AmiAmi). I'm tempted to get Bulma as well, but I don't remember her wearing that outfit in the anime (*edit* looked it up, it's from the ed... why not go with something she actually wore during the show, like her pink "Bulma" dress?)

30x-40x back is a good deal. I'm too tapped out right now to take advantage of it though >_<

#2719 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

TOM coupon code WHL4U28 for 20% off items with label WHL4U, which seems to be every GSC product they have. Valid July 20-28.

Link to label search: https://otakumode.co...p&keyword=WHL4U

#2720 elessar123  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Speaking of which, Square Enix is currently showing off a bunch of Bring Arts prototypes at Comic-Con. Highlights include Kairi, Cloud, and Sephiroth from the Kingdom Hearts series; Neku from The World Ends with You; and a whole bunch of FFIX characters.

Yea, the Bring Arts A2 wasn't that bad.

#2721 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

Kingdom Hearts Sora Nendoroid (December 2018):

AlBt94e.jpg

GSC is releasing way too much in December :\

#2722 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Last day for TOM 20% off GSC coupon WHL4U. Like previous coupons, if you have a GSC item in your cart, the discount is applied to all items in your order.

I'll probably grab a Nendo to use up the TOM points I've been sitting on. (-edit- ordered Nendo KH Sora)

-Update-

Coupon period extended to August 7.

#2723 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

WonFes Summer 2018 The List: https://myfigurecoll....net/blog/40540

GSC WonFes items open for pre-order: https://goodsmilesho...-global&lang=en

#2724 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for posting the link to The List. I don't visit the blogs section there anymore (just subscribed to Kaneel's, though, heh), so I was hoping someone would link to that entry here.

Not much for me this WonFes, but that's good ^^; Nendo Pyro Jack (Jack O'Lantern) is the best announcement for me. I'm also a little annoyed that there's going to be a third Kirby Nendo, because if the accessories are as good as Ice Kirby's, I'm going to need that one too D:

#2725 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Not much for me this WonFes, but that's good ^^; Nendo Pyro Jack (Jack O'Lantern) is the best announcement for me. I'm also a little annoyed that there's going to be a third Kirby Nendo, because if the accessories are as good as Ice Kirby's, I'm going to need that one too D:

I would be happy if GSC would release an accessory pack you can use with pink Kirby instead of having to buy a whole other Nendo. You just know Beam Kirby is going to be sweet though ^^;

The List has some figures I'm interested in. Mostly anime related, but a few video game figures too.

GSC's new Pop Up Scale line sounds interesting. Time will tell what size and quality they can offer for 3800yen.

I don't play this series, but funny and cool to see R-Type getting a Figma:

Q80M7tD.jpg

#2726 DarthPwner  

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

C3B8C184-9537-4AC5-BF95-0E385FC29520.jpeg

#2727 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

I would be happy if GSC would release an accessory pack you can use with pink Kirby instead of having to buy a whole other Nendo. You just know Beam Kirby is going to be sweet though ^^;

Same here, and yeah *sigh* :???:

I don't play this series, but funny and cool to see R-Type getting a Figma:

I guess the Dariusburst CS figma (Iron Fossil and an exclusive Knight Fossil variant) did will enough that FREEing is continuing on with more shmup bosses. Bet this R-Type figma's going to be just as expensive as those earlier two were.

#2728 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7350 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:28 AM

Man, I'm in trouble with all of these Persona 5 figmas.

Also that Eileen statue, fuuuuuuuu

#2729 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:46 AM

Already posted this at MFC, but might as well share it here too...

Hobby Search: Bargain Sale will start from 12:00PM of 6th Aug., Japan time[GMT+9].

#2730 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3789 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:48 PM

Surprisingly decent HS bargin sale. By the time I checked it out an hour after it had started, the one I was most interested in was already sold out (Freeing 1/8 Mash Yukata ver). Possibly should have picked up Orca's 1/6 Sagiri at 68% off, but I needed to focus more on upcoming pre-orders.

Fire Emblem If Sakura Nendo for 3333yen is an alright discount and still in stock at time of posting: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10495781