* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2761 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

TOM Premium Members get 30x bonus points Sept 22-24: https://otakumode.co...pickup/p_points

#2762 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

TOM Premium Members get 30x bonus points Sept 22-24: https://otakumode.co...pickup/p_points

Now extended to Sept. 30.

#2763 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:57 PM

Just paid for Nendo Atlas and P-body at AmiAmi. I noticed on MFC that not many people ordered these. I have high hopes though.

Also Nendo Geralt releases tomorrow. His tub accessory is going to be fun.

Now extended to Sept. 30.

It stacks with new pre-orders' 10x points for 40x back. September was already brutal for me, so I'm keeping my distance ^^;

#2764 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7393 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

Also Nendo Geralt releases tomorrow. His tub accessory is going to be fun.

Oh man, I can't wait.

#2765 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

Overwatch Zenyatta Figma (July 2019):

iG12GHP.jpg

Harry Potter Nendoroid (April 2019):

OfLrOAQ.jpg

Pokemon Sun/Moon Lana Nendoroid available at Pokemon Center US: https://www.pokemonc...igure-703-03151

#2766 elessar123  

Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

I wish they made Harry's eyes green as the GSC bonus, so both sides could be happy. I saw your mark-up on MFC, and it stood out way too much against the rest of his color scheme.

I can't even tell exactly what the Gryffindor mat is. It goes over the bottom stand, I'm assuming? I wish it was at least the actual replacement stand itself. Which will still be weird when they release Ron and Hermione.

#2767 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7393 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:26 PM

Anyone plan on ordering these figures from the fantasy credits of My Hero Academia? I want to grab em, but Aitaikuji seems a bit pricey and unreliable in the long run. Never messed with Taobao or TaobaoRing or anything. Thought I'd see if anyone had any experience.

bnha-fantasy-figures.jpg

#2768 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 10:48 AM

I wish they made Harry's eyes green as the GSC bonus, so both sides could be happy.

GSC changed his eyes to green.

Anyone plan on ordering these figures from the fantasy credits of My Hero Academia? I want to grab em, but Aitaikuji seems a bit pricey and unreliable in the long run. Never messed with Taobao or TaobaoRing or anything. Thought I'd see if anyone had any experience.

Considering the manufacturer is Chinese and BNHA figure licensing has been tough, you may not have much of a choice where you pre-order these from. I don't have experience with these shops. $85 on Aitaikuji seems rough. Some info on Taobao: https://myfigurecoll...et/thread/14218

On a related BNHA note, I instantly pre-ordered Bell Fine Asui.

#2769 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7393 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

GSC changed his eyes to green.

Considering the manufacturer is Chinese and BNHA figure licensing has been tough, you may not have much of a choice where you pre-order these from. I don't have experience with these shops. $85 on Aitaikuji seems rough. Some info on Taobao: https://myfigurecoll...et/thread/14218

I'm also super tempted by Tsu. She looks fantastic.

Thanks for the info dump on Taobao. I'll take a look!

#2770 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

Nice. I'm hoping she'll be available on TOM; I have a ton of points there to use up.

#2771 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

Nendoroid Tsunade (June 2019):

pmbOFnW.jpg

Nice. I'm hoping she'll be available on TOM; I have a ton of points there to use up.

TOM posted an article about her but didn't put up a product page. The end of the article says "Available at various figure shops", so it sounds like they aren't getting it.

BBTS doesn't have her either. Probably a Japan-only licensing thing.

#2772 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

From CAG's front page, GS has some figures on sale. Figma Tracer is $22.49, Nendo Tracer and Mei are $14.99 ea, and there are other figures on sale but only for store pickup.

GS Nendoroids: https://www.gamestop...16k-3-nendoroid

GS Figmas: https://www.gamestop...nav=16k-3-figma

-Update- Prices have gone back up.

#2773 DarthPwner  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

None of the tracer figma in my area. I'm disappointed!

#2774 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

None of the tracer figma in my area. I'm disappointed!

It's only $5 shipping. Still much cheaper than anywhere else.

#2775 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

TOM posted an article about her but didn't put up a product page. The end of the article says "Available at various figure shops", so it sounds like they aren't getting it.

BBTS doesn't have her either. Probably a Japan-only licensing thing.

I hope that's not the case, but she isn't on Right Stuf either, so it's not looking good :cold: Waiting for a decent deal at any rate.

#2776 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

Flare 1/6 Nier:Automata 2B (September 2019):

Zwi8Pht.jpg

DX ver (includes alternate face w/out mask, alternate torso w/out skirt, and pod):

X9PN6ih.jpg

I really like the mask-less face of the DX, but f* that extra 7k yen. Maybe if TOM gets her and offers a good coupon...

#2777 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7393 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Damn, 2B looks fantastic.

#2778 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

20% off anything at TOM through Oct 11 11:59pm with coupon 4HSO2O

#2779 elessar123  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

Not really gaming related, but there's also a Nendo Envy for Fullmetal Alchemist. Exclusive GSC part being Ed's hand holding mini Envy.

#2780 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:23 PM

Not really gaming related, but there's also a Nendo Envy for Fullmetal Alchemist. Exclusive GSC part being Ed's hand holding mini Envy.

To be fair, FMA did have a few video games (though I never tried them).

I'm not as excited about Envy as I have been for the others. I was hoping for Winry, then maybe an Armstrong sibling or Scar. Will probably get him anyway because FMA. I do like that they included his mini form.

#2781 elessar123  

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:16 PM

I'm not that excited about Envy, but I wasn't that excited about Rita either. Especially her crappy bonus. But yea, I'm more excited about Envy's mini forms the most.

They need to make Winry (with Ed's broken arm) and Ling (normal face and shielded face) for sure. Then Scar, Alex (two bodies), and Mei (obviously with a Xiao Mei).

#2782 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1018 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:36 AM

2B is up on OtakuMode, but I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger with the 20% off coupon plus my TOM points or maybe wait for a better deal uggggh

#2783 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

TOM 40x bonus points Oct 18-20.

2B is up on OtakuMode, but I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger with the 20% off coupon plus my TOM points or maybe wait for a better deal uggggh

That would have been a good deal, especially if you get free shipping. Given her size, I'm worried she will be too big for small packet, meaning $30+ shipping cost from Japanese shops.

TOM lists her as December release though (3 months after Japan release). I find it hard to pay that much money upfront for such a distant release :\

#2784 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'm not that excited about Envy, but I wasn't that excited about Rita either. Especially her crappy bonus. But yea, I'm more excited about Envy's mini forms the most.

Riza is my favorite FMA character after Al, so she was an insta-preorder for me :razz: The one I was on the fence about was Roy, but once Riza was announced, I had to get him.

Just preordered Envy at the GSC shop, along with Simon (though his lack of faceplates + no Lagann included still bugs me) and Moderoid Gurren Lagann. At this point, I'll get as many FMA Nendos as they want to make! Personally, I'm expecting (and hoping) Lust will be next, given that she appeared in a lot of early scenes alongside Envy.

#2785 elessar123  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

Riza is my favorite FMA character after Al, so she was an insta-preorder for me :razz: The one I was on the fence about was Roy, but once Riza was announced, I had to get him.

I don't dislike her, but she's not particularly interesting without Mustang around, since she's mostly his foil. The only scenes she's interesting outside the context of Mustang was her training Black Hayate. I'd prefer Izumi, Winry, or Mei, who don't feel as much like the support character of a support character. Even you sort of admit, you had to get Roy because you got Riza.

#2786 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

I'm sorry one of my favorite FMA characters is so boring to you -_-

As it happens, Winry is one of my least favorites (she's about as interesting to me as Riza seems to be to you), so to each their own, I guess.

#2787 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

I'm with you on Riza being awesome. And she is actually releasing on time this month ^^

Nendo Envy though... f* I'm torn. I'm worried I'm going to see him on my shelf and be thinking

Spoiler

-Edit- Ended up ordering Envy from GSC (along with Yuru Camp Rin DX and Tsunade). Mini Envy won me over.

#2788 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 17 October 2018 - 04:17 AM

I like...

Spoiler

#2789 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

Got the Atlas and P-Body Nendos in. They're ok but not great. The figures are surprisingly light due to being hollow, giving them a cheap feeling you don't usually get with Nendos. The included portal stands are cool, especially with their white tiled bases. GSC used hexagonal joints on these Nendos rather than the usual circular joints. As such, using the portals with other Nendo parts (like I was planning to do with Kyouma) will unfortunately require some trickery. The portal guns have larger handles than the usual Nendo holding hand, so again using them with other Nendos isn't as easy as I was hoping.

The figures look good as expected. Since the paint is so simple (each individual part is pretty much one solid color), there are no flaws to worry about. The heads/torsos can move within their harnesses, and the eyes can be pointed to look in other directions.

I'd give them a 7/10 score. They're currently 3900yen ea on Amazon JP. That seems a more appropriate price than the 4800yen ea I paid.

#2790 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

TOM 40x bonus points campaign has started. Runs Oct 18-20. Stacks with newly added items' 10x points for 50x points back. For example, newly added 2B regular ver is $147.24 with $73.61 back.

50x points can be considered 33% off, and 40x bonus points is like 28% off, but I don't like treating future money the same as out of pocket money. Optimizing this deal depends on whether or not you have TOM points (warning, potentially boring math ahead):

Spoiler