* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2911 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Ah cool, had no idea they had English speakers. But now I don't know if this issue is Amazon JP or customs.

Ask Amazon their opinion. They will let you know if it is something they deal with or if you should contact DHL.

#2912 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:12 PM

TOM 40x bonus points (30x for non-premium) April 4-10. Stacks with new pre-order 10x points for 50x back.

Nendo Kakashi is up for re-release. He was going for 4x original price in aftermarket.

Kotobukiya 1/8 BNHA Ochaco Uraraka (September 2019):

z1Uq4QD.jpg

This may be the only Koto BNHA scale I get. It's too expensive to get them all, but I really like how Uraraka turned out. I'll wait for Koto US to put her up to get her bonus exclusive face.

#2913 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:23 AM

Hobby Search is having a 0 yen sale to celebrate their 20th anniversary: https://www.1999.co....yen_sale_e.html

All items are 0 yen and shipping is free. Limited one item per customer.

Obviously the server got hit hard once this went live and the best stuff sold out instantly. I almost got a Miku Figma but it sold out in cart. Grabbed a High Score Girl can badge instead.

#2914 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

I broke my shipping box size record today with FuRyu F:Nex 1/7 Albedo:

2mhzvnk.jpg

Nendo Kurisu included for scale. My previous record held by GSC 1/8 Godoka.

So glad I ordered from TOM with free shipping. Shipping label shows it cost them 7300yen for EMS.

#2915 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:53 PM

Last day of TOM 40x points bonus. I ended up getting (not game related)
Spoiler
with 50x points back thanks to it being a recently posted pre-order.

Nendo Todoroki goes up for pre-order tomorrow (ie late tonight), along with re-releases of Nendos Midoriya and Bakugou. Supposedly these will be international releases for the first time, so hopefully not difficult to get like previous Nendo BNHA releases.

#2916 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

My Hero Academia Todoroki Nendoroid (October 2019):

3aVabUe.jpg

Nendo Midoriya and Bakugou re-releases also up for pre-order. Looks like GSC finally got proper licensing for these, so plenty of stock available.

#2917 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

TOM 8% off coupon TREASUREHUNT valid thru April 21.

Kotobukiya ARTFX J 1/8 DMC5 Dante and Nero:

GyW9N5p.jpg

H7V8MYM.jpg

Both are way overpriced >_>

Nendoroid Dr. Strange (September 2019):

GWozz8C.jpg

(DX ver pictured)

#2918 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

TOM 10% off figures thru April 28 with coupon POINTBACK

Figma Persona 5 Sakura Futaba (November 2019):

Vf0ErNu.jpg

GSC Shop has exclusive bonus face.

#2919 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40091 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:18 PM

Might be worth it if they have something I want in stock

#2920 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Nendoroid Fire Emblem Fates Corrin (October 2019) (re-release):

cLAvsmB.jpg

She was around 20k in aftermarket, so nice to see a re-release.

#2921 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:33 PM

585d2c5092bc6eeaba7caa99ebc34614_620_KR.

Siiiigh, god damnit. This has me pricing out all of the other figures.

https://www.amiami.c...RE-048481&rank=

#2922 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4279 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

I love Emil so very, very much, but no Papa Nier variant, no sale.

#2923 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, I'm really annoyed that we probably won't get Papa. Not annoyed enough to keep me from my son though.

#2924 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Siiiigh, god damnit. This has me pricing out all of the other figures.

https://www.amiami.c...RE-048481&rank=

Not only are they expensive, but Bring Arts has a poor history of quality. May be worth waiting to see if 2B ver 2 comes out better than her previous ver before committing to more BA pre-orders.

#2925 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:45 PM

Not only are they expensive, but Bring Arts has a poor history of quality. May be worth waiting to see if 2B ver 2 comes out better than her previous ver before committing to more BA pre-orders.

Yeah, it feels like a real gamble. Only reason I'd wanna grab that older 2B is to get the Machine Lifeform she comes with.

Either way, I hope QA is sorted by the time the FF9 line hits, because I have to buy those regardless.

#2926 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22712 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:11 AM

Alright so I got another question related to my Amazon Jp issue from before. I contacted them, they gave me no fuss, provided a label but I cannot figure out WTF to do here. 

What I don't get is, how the Fuck does DHL work... there's no offical DHL location near me, just authorized shipping centers. I've taken it to two different ones, both of which were in... less than friendly neighborhoods, and neither new WTF to do. The label printed out from Amazon Jp prints out 2x copies of a customs form (which I'm supposed to give to DHL but the reps at both locations wondered why there was 2) and couldn't figure out how to get the package shipped. I called DHL directly and they told me the airway billing # was not valid. I reached out to Amazon Jp and they weren't of any help and gave me instructions on how to print the labels. 

Has anyone ever returned anything to Amazon Jp using DHL that can offer me some insight? 

#2927 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4279 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

Alright so I got another question related to my Amazon Jp issue from before. I contacted them, they gave me no fuss, provided a label but I cannot figure out WTF to do here. 

What I don't get is, how the Fuck does DHL work... there's no offical DHL location near me, just authorized shipping centers. I've taken it to two different ones, both of which were in... less than friendly neighborhoods, and neither new WTF to do. The label printed out from Amazon Jp prints out 2x copies of a customs form (which I'm supposed to give to DHL but the reps at both locations wondered why there was 2) and couldn't figure out how to get the package shipped. I called DHL directly and they told me the airway billing # was not valid. I reached out to Amazon Jp and they weren't of any help and gave me instructions on how to print the labels. 

Has anyone ever returned anything to Amazon Jp using DHL that can offer me some insight?

Every time I've filed a complaint with Amazon.co.jp and was asked to return something, the shipping wound up being so expensive that they would tell me to just keep the damaged item and they'd send me a replacement. IIRC, the last time this happened, I had to call them to explain the situation, so that's my recommendation if emailing doesn't work. Good luck :)

#2928 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2019 - 07:50 PM

Every time I've filed a complaint with Amazon.co.jp and was asked to return something, the shipping wound up being so expensive that they would tell me to just keep the damaged item and they'd send me a replacement.

That happened to me recently. They let me keep the figure and issued a refund. I asked for a replacement rather than refund, but they were worried the same defect would be present again.

The only time I've shipped to Japan was via USPS to ship a defective figure back to HLJ. USPS didn't have any problem handling the shipment. I don't see why DHL would have a problem either as they ship worldwide all the time. An official DHL center probably could handle it. Perhaps Amazon JP could switch your return to another shipping company.

#2929 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22712 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:56 PM

Every time I've filed a complaint with Amazon.co.jp and was asked to return something, the shipping wound up being so expensive that they would tell me to just keep the damaged item and they'd send me a replacement. IIRC, the last time this happened, I had to call them to explain the situation, so that's my recommendation if emailing doesn't work. Good luck :)

Thanks, I'll give that a try- I didn't know they had a call option, just saw the recommended step was to email them. 

That happened to me recently. They let me keep the figure and issued a refund. I asked for a replacement rather than refund, but they were worried the same defect would be present again.

The only time I've shipped to Japan was via USPS to ship a defective figure back to HLJ. USPS didn't have any problem handling the shipment. I don't see why DHL would have a problem either as they ship worldwide all the time. An official DHL center probably could handle it. Perhaps Amazon JP could switch your return to another shipping company.

There are no official DHL centers near me, just authorized shipping centers (i.e., postal/shipping stores that ship using various methods). The closest one that I can find is a hr drive (assuming no traffic, which is laughable) and only open on week days. The instructions are honestly not clear as they're intertwined with 'domestic' (returns from within Japan) and it doesn't make sense as to why there are so many labels. 

#2930 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

Last day of TOM 10% off figures coupon, plus they started a 30x bonus points campaign for Golden Week. That's a sweet combo ^^

I ordered (not video game related) Phat 1/7 Goblin Slayer Elf for $121 after 10% off and $55 in points from the previous bonus points deal. Got $44 points back since that item is a new pre-order and gave 40x points.

Note that the 10% off coupon is one time use only. I was hoping to use it on another order, Phat 1/7 Goblin Slayer Cow Girl. The idea was to keep the orders separate so that I can split the payments, even though buying the two figures together would be the better deal ($20 more out of pocket, but extra $56 in points back). I still might go ahead with the order since 30x points on that figure means I would use up my $44 points and get back $33.

#2931 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:12 PM

AmiAmi has some random previously released Max Factory figures for pre-order at very good sale prices. I don't think these are re-releases, but rather extra stock being offloaded. The only video game figures I could find are Figma Portal 2 Atlas and P-Body for 4380yen ea (50% off). Stock is likely limited.

#2932 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   14094 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Dang it, lilman.  I really have to save some money...

...and I just preordered those two.  Lovel the Portal series, and I skipped them the first go round.

#2933 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

Hey guys. Anyone have experience with Monthly Orders on Amiami? I currently have two preorders for September made independently of one another, and I'm eyeing another for the same month. Is there a way to lump all three together?

#2934 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

Hey guys. Anyone have experience with Monthly Orders on Amiami? I currently have two preorders for September made independently of one another, and I'm eyeing another for the same month. Is there a way to lump all three together?

Just sign into your account and go to "Combine Orders".

#2935 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:57 PM

Just sign into your account and go to "Combine Orders".

Well damn, that was easy. Thanks!

#2936 elessar123  

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:58 PM

Just FYI, lumping orders may end up more expensive due to shipping. If you use RSAL, for example, 3 figures would probably require EMS. If you only use EMS, then ignore.

BUT it's also fairly simple to get them to split orders into RSAL packages. It does require an email though.

#2937 Miker525  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:39 AM

Best buy has the Overwatch Reaper Figma on sale for $47 which is without a doubt the lowest it's been yet. Ordered one today. Might be good for some of you that are interested :)

#2938 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7376 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

Just FYI, lumping orders may end up more expensive due to shipping. If you use RSAL, for example, 3 figures would probably require EMS. If you only use EMS, then ignore.

BUT it's also fairly simple to get them to split orders into RSAL packages. It does require an email though.

Thanks, Elessar. I'd planned to go EMS or DHL with this one, but I definitely expected some surprises when it comes to shipping. I've only ever gotten singles from Amiami in the past.

#2939 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:39 PM

One more day of TOM 30x bonus for Golden Week. I ordered (not gaming related):

Spoiler

#2940 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

TOM free shipping at $50+ (usually $150+) May 7-9 with coupon MAY79