Official NHL 12 VS League - Liga de Corky Buchek - Game On!!!

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
ligacorkybuchek.jpg

Jak sie masz! Welcome to the premier league for hockeys: Liga de Corky Buchek. Do you know Corky Buchek? He make a song "Bing Bong". It is number one song in all Kazakhstan. In his honor, we try to make a ping pong league, but no one is interest. WHAT?!? So, we play a hockeys instead.

Each team will face against other teams one time. If you do not play like loose vajeen, you will make a playoff. Playoff will be best of three. If one of your player is a Jew, you may banish him to another team for non-Jew player. But first, you must make a post to ask for gypsy tears to protect you.

If you like play a hockeys, sign up below. And speaking of Bilo, he is my brother. He is retard! To join Liga de Corky Buchek is NICE. I will a play you and I will a win! I AM EXCITE!!!

Members

Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability

Nashville Predators | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST | Fri. - after 5 PM EST, Sat. - anytime, Sun. - until 10 PM EST
New York Rangers | jza1218 | statnut28 | EST | ???
Colorado Avalanche | moojuice | moojuice | MST | Weekdays - after 4:30pm MST/Fridays - generally not available between 8pm MST to about 11MST
Columbus Blue Jackets | DestroVega | DestroVega | EST | pretty open - send PM
Pittsburgh Penguins | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | MST | ???
Los Angeles Kings | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | PST | afternoons and some evenings
Tampa Bay Lightning | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | EST | Monday & Friday - 3pm till 6pm/after 2:30ish AM/Saturday - 2am
Detroit Red Wings | Wpark83 | Wpark83 | ??? | Weekdays - any night after 9 PM EST/Can do Saturday and Sunday here and there
Philadelphia Flyers | CheapyD | CheapyD | Japan | Flexible - Hit me up on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty open on availabilty. Any PMs sent to me are instantly received on my phone. Looking forward to it!

Haha, nice OP!

Availability:
Weekdays After 4:30pm MST (6:30pm EST)
On Fridays, generally not available between 8pm MST to about 11MST

Lighting all the way!

Avalabilty

Weekdays: - Monday - Friday - 3pm till 6pm. After 2:30 ish AM

Saturday - 2am.

Pretty shitty I know but I could try to make more time if the schedule allows.

OP had me laughing so hard.

I already know I want to get rid of Roloson.

I'm in.

I'll take Detroit.

I'm usually available any night after 9 PM EST. Can do Saturdays and Sunday here and there.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Lighting all the way!

Avalabilty

Weekdays: - Monday - Friday - 3pm till 6pm. After 2:30 ish AM

Saturday - 2am.

Pretty shitty I know but I could try to make more time if the schedule allows.

OP had me laughing so hard.

I already know I want to get rid of Roloson.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you Marty Biron for Stamkos. You'll thank me later.

[quote name='Matt Young']Apparently, I need a password.[/QUOTE]

The password is in the OP (read better ;)) Alternatively, it's also in the Club thread.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The password is in the OP (read better ;)) Alternatively, it's also in the Club thread.[/QUOTE]

And it's in all caps. In my defense, I've only seen Borat once!

[quote name='Matt Young']In my defense, I've only seen Borat once![/QUOTE]

images

Seriously, though, Matt. I would think it would be one of your favorite movies. It's one of my favorite comedies, and we generally have a very similar sense of humor.

No you don't Nate, you don't watch the Kings play. Very different. :p

So, who here has only seen Borat once? Honest answers people. I think I've watched it almost 10 times and counting.

Borat came out on DVD right around my friend's birthday many years ago and he was always talking about how great it was. I bought it for him and we watched the film while drinking vodka, and I just felt underwhelmed.

^WOW

I don't know how many times I've seen it, but I've even watched Brüno more than once and I bought the Blu-Ray recently for real cheap. Underrated movie. Very different tone.

It is, but like I said, it's just such a different movie in terms of comedic tone.

And if you have any type of homophobia, you will despise it.

I find gay things hilarious. I thought the montage scene of him and his "boyfriend" was downright hysterical, so did my friend. The other 5 people we went to see it with, not so much.

It's definitely not for everyone.

[quote name='moojuice']I guess I see it as him trying too hard to replicate the absurdness of Borat, but it falls short.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely more "forced" and "staged" than Borat, but I still think its an amazing movie in a totally different way.

Don't get me wrong, Borat is incredible. It's way better. But most people hate Brüno and I definitely love what he attempted. The final scene is so brilliant. I'm surprised he wasn't actually seriously injured.

I think it's actually started now, lol. Gary and Alan have played already. That's the one good thing about the way EA does the NHL leagues. You can add new members at any time and all it does is just add a game to everyone's "schedule". The scheduling is 100% flex too, so it's basically just "these are the people you have to play". It just shows how many games you have against each opponent and how many you have left. Feel free to start playing at any time. I might even be able to hop on in another 30-45 minutes if anyone wants to play a game.

[quote name='DestroVega']^ No Brüno opinion Nate!?[/QUOTE]

Eh, it was ok. The character has nowhere near the depth that Borat has, and honestly isn't as likeable. If you think about it, Bruno is a guy who thinks he knows everything and tells people blatantly wrong information, which comes across pretty obnoxious. Borat, on the other hand, is more unassuming and is just "trying to learn" about our culture. I think that just naturally makes him more endearing to people.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dear Roloson,

I hate you with all my heart. Five goals on 18 shots? Awesome! You will find a new home soon.

Love, Me[/QUOTE]

Haha, don't feel bad, Gary. I just played a guy now who picked Tampa and I put up 5 goals on 19 shots (no deflections this time though). He quit about midway through the 3rd. Roloson is my new favorite goalie. :lol:

sorry about that rob. the baby woke up an hour early and just started screaming like a banshee. had to drop. i'm sure that means next time i'll get shut out. damn kids, lol

I figured it was something like that. Unfortunately, unlike Madden, there's no option to not take the win. Shame, it was a good game, though your second goal was utter BS.

[quote name='jza1218']I figured it was something like that. Unfortunately, unlike Madden, there's no option to not take the win. Shame, it was a good game, though your second goal was utter BS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like I can't reset it either. I swear to God, EA has the most lazy fucking worthless programmers I've ever seen in my life. How hard is it to give GMs the option of resetting games? It's like they didn't even think of the possibility that a game might drop in the 1st period with no score (though I remember when MLB: The Show had this same problem just a year or two ago). I can actually view the individual games too, so that's not the issue. There's just no GM option to reset them. Oh well. Looks like I'm switching my availability to weekends only, when my wife is home and on baby duty and I actually get legitimate time to myself.

[quote name='jza1218']I figured it was something like that. Unfortunately, unlike Madden, there's no option to not take the win. Shame, it was a good game, though your second goal was utter BS.[/QUOTE]

And just cause i took a cheap loss I'm going to have fun with it. Ahem...

My second goal may have been utter BS but your only goal came when my controller was on the floor and I was holding a baby.

;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And just cause i took a cheap loss I'm going to have fun with it. Ahem...

My second goal may have been utter BS but your only goal came when my controller was on the floor and I was holding a baby.

;)[/QUOTE]

Ouch.

Can I still join? How?

Nevermind, I'm in as the Flyers. I'm usually available Sunday-Wednesday after 7:30pm est.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']Can I still join? How?

Nevermind, I'm in as the Flyers.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, I don't know. Do you have any references? Haha, just kidding. Awesome to have you aboard, man! I was about to send you an invite when I saw you got in.

A few of us are playing Online Team play right now, but send one of us a message and we'll get you a party invite and figure it out from there

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm down to play for an hour or so...[/QUOTE]

Wish I could. But my 2 month old daughter seems determined to not let me do anything that doesn't involve her tonight, haha. If only they made controllers small enough for babies! :wall:

bread's done
Back