iPad 2 $50 off at Best Buy

[quote name='legs1986']Didn't see this one on here yet so forgive me if I missed it. Best Buy has dropped the price 50$ on all iPad 2 models, assuming for a near future iPad 3 release.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/iPad-Ta...wcid=TC|8064|best buy iPad 2||S|e|14421731359

If the tablets drop more than the 50$ with the launch could always price match (30 day normal, 45 for us Silver members)

Cheers[/QUOTE]

For them to drop this much, it's almost guaranteed we'll see a new iPad.

However, I am what most would call an Apple fanboy (I have a MBP, iMac, iPhone 4s), and I traded my iPad 2 for an Asus Transformer Prime with the keyboard attachment...and it kills the iPad in every single aspect. And I've tried several Android tabs, this is the first one though where I would feel like taking a step way down by going back to an iPad.

I bet best buy is just jumping the gun on the Ipad 2 price cut when when they announce the 3 next week... trying to get some early sales.

[quote name='DaShaka']Hold out until iPad 3, iPad 2 will drop in price[/QUOTE]

Are you dense? This is the price drop due to iPad 3.

Can't wait to see what marginal tweak that Apple is putting into life-changing, can't live without, 'new' version, then watch all of my friends (who claim they have no money) run out to buy it, casting their iPad 2 into the trash on their way out of the house.

[quote name='plus1zero']Considering iPad plays apps and games? I'd say so.[/QUOTE]

Well so do all the phones on the market but we dont post deals about them. If people do not mind then let this thread be, I just dont want this to be another slickdeals.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Wow so much money off![/QUOTE]

Not sure if an idiot and trying out sarcasm (you missed it, in this case), or serious... $50 off is a really good deal, especially if any retailers offer a GC along with it. Otherwise, wait for iPad 3. Will have much better specs, and be worth the cost. iPad 2 will just keep dropping (slowly), and be obsolete...

[quote name='SteveGo']Are you dense? This is the price drop due to iPad 3.[/QUOTE]

When the ipad4 comes out, I'll have the original ipad for a song!

I've been waiting patiently for the iPad 3 announcement for a month now. There would have to be a steep price cut for me to get a 2 at this point.

Just because they refresh their product line every year doesn't mean everyone rushes out and buys a new one. I've wanted an iPad for years (followed rumor reports for a couple years leading up to the original iPad release) and I finally have the extra cash to buy one. I could have bought a 2 in January but knowing Apple I decided to wait for the new model to come out. I won't buy another iPad for a very long time so I might as well get the latest and greatest when I finally do get one.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've been waiting patiently for the iPad 3 announcement for a month now. There would have to be a steep price cut for me to get a 2 at this point.

Just because they refresh their product line every year doesn't mean everyone rushes out and buys a new one. I've wanted an iPad for years (followed rumor reports for a couple years leading up to the original iPad release) and I finally have the extra cash to buy one. I could have bought a 2 in January but knowing Apple I decided to wait for the new model to come out. I won't buy another iPad for a very long time so I might as well get the latest and greatest when I finally do get one.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

The rumored price drop for iPad 2 when iPad 3 comes out is supposedly $300.
So until iPad 3 comes out i will be holding off on getting one.
I know some will say its just a rumor blah blah... well $300 sounds way more enticing then $450 ;)

[quote name='Pozessed']The rumored price drop for iPad 2 when iPad 3 comes out is supposedly $300.
I know some will say its just a rumor blah blah... well $300 sounds way more enticing then $450 ;)[/QUOTE]

Link? $50 is perfectly in line with everything I've heard.

[quote name='Pozessed']The rumored price drop for iPad 2 when iPad 3 comes out is supposedly $300.
I know some will say its just a rumor blah blah... well $300 sounds way more enticing then $450 ;)[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. The Ipad 2 will retain a 16GB wifi only model, and will be reduced to $399

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Tempting...but I have to wait to see if iPad 3 does have a Retina display with dual 1080p camcorders. If so...I'll have to get iPad 3. :p[/QUOTE]

The higher resolution display (2048 x 1536) is pretty much confirmed at this point with all the leaks and even a Chinese company selling replacement screens. I'll be shocked if iPad 3 ends up still using old res.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/23/ifixit-takes-a-closer-look-at-the-ipad-3-retina-display/

[quote name='plus1zero']For them to drop this much, it's almost guaranteed we'll see a new iPad.

However, I am what most would call an Apple fanboy (I have a MBP, iMac, iPhone 4s), and I traded my iPad 2 for an Asus Transformer Prime with the keyboard attachment...and it kills the iPad in every single aspect. And I've tried several Android tabs, this is the first one though where I would feel like taking a step way down by going back to an iPad.[/QUOTE]

I'm more of an android fan if anything, and I would really like to pick up the Transformer Prime, but I'm starting to think it might make more sense to have both. I already have an android phone, and I'm sticking with that, but I'm thinking I might pick up the ipad 3 so I can play all of the games that come out on ios. I'd prefer to go android, because I already own a lot of games on the platform and I like being able to use the amazon or android marketplace but apple gets a lot of games that may or may not come later to android.

Regardless a $50 discount probably isn't enough to dissuade me from buying an ipad 3 instead of an ipad 2.

[quote name='wolve']The higher resolution display (2048 x 1536) is pretty much confirmed at this point with all the leaks and even a Chinese company selling replacement screens. I'll be shocked if iPad 3 ends up still using old res.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/23/ifixit-takes-a-closer-look-at-the-ipad-3-retina-display/[/QUOTE]

The jump from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was very, very small. The jump from iPhone 3G to 3GS was very small, 4 to 4S, etc.

But the jump from 3GS to 4 was pretty big. I expect the jump from 2 to 3 to be pretty big as well.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm more of an android fan if anything, and I would really like to pick up the Transformer Prime, but I'm starting to think it might make more sense to have both. I already have an android phone, and I'm sticking with that, but I'm thinking I might pick up the ipad 3 so I can play all of the games that come out on ios. I'd prefer to go android, because I already own a lot of games on the platform and I like being able to use the amazon or android marketplace but apple gets a lot of games that may or may not come later to android.

Regardless a $50 discount probably isn't enough to dissuade me from buying an ipad 3 instead of an ipad 2.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget you can also hook up a 360 or ps3 controller to a Prime as well through the dock and play via HDMI out. I played a few games this weekend with the Tegra 3 engine, never skipped a beat.

I'll probably want an iPad 3 when it comes out, I'm not gonna lie, but the TFP is going to be really tough to beat. And I prefer iOS to Android, phone wise.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've been waiting patiently for the iPad 3 announcement for a month now. There would have to be a steep price cut for me to get a 2 at this point.

Just because they refresh their product line every year doesn't mean everyone rushes out and buys a new one. I've wanted an iPad for years (followed rumor reports for a couple years leading up to the original iPad release) and I finally have the extra cash to buy one. I could have bought a 2 in January but knowing Apple I decided to wait for the new model to come out. I won't buy another iPad for a very long time so I might as well get the latest and greatest when I finally do get one.[/QUOTE]

This is correct, you either buy Apple products at launch or you don't buy them at all, for maximum value of course. Otherwise its the responsibility of the consumer to take 1 min to check Mac Rumors buying guide to see if you should buy an iProduct now or later.

still about $200 more than I would pay for any tablet. I bought a touchpad during the fire sale and I only use that for Hulu/Netflix watching before bed.

[quote name='mcdaking84']lol at idiots who buy any ipad. my $100 touchpad does the same thing with ICS[/QUOTE]

lol at being a Vikings fan.

I figure this thread needs more arguments, so I'm throwing sports into the mix.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Not sure if an idiot and trying out sarcasm (you missed it, in this case), or serious... $50 off is a really good deal, especially if any retailers offer a GC along with it. Otherwise, wait for iPad 3. Will have much better specs, and be worth the cost. iPad 2 will just keep dropping (slowly), and be obsolete...[/QUOTE]

Talk about an idiot! $50 is not a big difference. Ass

[quote name='claypool']Rare ipad price cut but its not a good deal. There are much cheaper better tablets out now.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm saying

Stupid deal if you buy an iPad 2 when the iPad 3 is already on it's way from china...
What many say is that the iPad 3 is getting on airplanes from the distributor Foxconn:
ipad_3_plane_loading.jpg

[quote name='Linkgx1']Talk about an idiot! $50 is not a big difference. Ass[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well, I would ask you to name the last price cut on an iPad 2. Oh, and not to mention that that is a 10% decrease... I guess not everyone can use logic...

[quote name='sgaldis']Can't wait to see what marginal tweak that Apple is putting into life-changing, can't live without, 'new' version, then watch all of my friends (who claim they have no money) run out to buy it, casting their iPad 2 into the trash on their way out of the house.[/QUOTE]

well to be fair, Apple products hold their value extremely well. If you sell early and are patient you don't have to pay much to "upgrade". Being a CAG, I think many of us understands how this works.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']:lol: Well, I would ask you to name the last price cut on an iPad 2. Oh, and not to mention that that is a 10% decrease... I guess not everyone can use logic...[/QUOTE]

On average most products have a bigger price cut. 3ds, wii, 370, hp touchpad, etc. yes logic seems to be missing from SOMEONE. What if Dell did the same?

[quote name='aznguyen316']well to be fair, Apple products hold their value extremely well. If you sell early and are patient you don't have to pay much to "upgrade". Being a CAG, I think many of us understands how this works.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to do this to my 4s

[quote name='Linkgx1']On average most products have a bigger price cut. 3ds, wii, 370, hp touchpad, etc. yes logic seems to be missing from SOMEONE. What if Dell did the same?[/QUOTE]

Name one specifically. Oh, and one that has a semi-monopoly.

[quote name='Serpentor']$50? Really? Why would anyone wants an iPad 2 for merely $50 off (or even $100 off) when they can buy the sexier iPad 3 soon?[/QUOTE]

At $100 off ($50 cut plus $50 GC, or something like that) I'd actually consider it. Honestly, that's enough of a savings for me to be alright without the extras.

[quote name='Serpentor']$50? Really? Why would anyone wants an iPad 2 for merely $50 off (or even $100 off) when they can buy the sexier iPad 3 soon?[/QUOTE]

At $100 off ($50 cut plus $50 GC, or something like that) I'd actually consider it. Honestly, that's enough of a savings for me to be alright without the extras.

Lol I like your thinking. You prob should NOT be buying an iPad if $50 is a big diff

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Name one specifically. Oh, and one that has a semi-monopoly.

At $100 off ($50 cut plus $50 GC, or something like that) I'd actually consider it. Honestly, that's enough of a savings for me to be alright without the extras.[/QUOTE]

Apple doesn't have a semi monopoly. That's not $100 off. It's $50. U can't add the gc.

This is less of a gap than the iPhone models.

[quote name='confoosious']The only way this thread could get better is if the ipad had a clear competitor and this could turn into a fanboy war.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned earlier, and many review sites have suggested, the Transformer Prime is a competitor, and a much better tablet. But when you get people started on something, or Heaven forbid you post a deal that someone doesn't find a "deal", you get torn to bits.

They're stuck on that now...don't give them any ideas.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Apple doesn't have a semi monopoly. That's not $100 off. It's $50. U can't add the gc.

This is less of a gap than the iPhone models.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm going to hold your hand through this...

1. Apple does have a semi-monopoly. You are not buying just another tablet when you buy an iPad. It is a separate entity. There are tablets and then there are iPads. Android (or any other of the multitude of divided OS's other than iOS) can't even compare to what iOS can give. Everything about the iPad (product and name) set it apart. Therefore, since the world has tablets and iPads, they have a semi-monopoly.

2. That last portion was in response to Serpentor. He claimed that even a $100 decrease (25% of the price, just to help you out) would not be enough to get people to purchase this near-obsolete tech. I was saying that in a scenario where there was a cut of $100, whether this be achieved with a complete cut or combination cut and GC, I, personally, would be swayed by this a little. That is a large enough cut to make it worth the loss of innovation. I will capitalize this next part so you have a better chance of understanding what I am saying. I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WAS A $100 PRICE CUT. I WAS SPEAKING HYPOTHETICALLY ABOUT WHAT SERPENTOR SAID. THERE IS NO GIFTCARD AT ANY KNOWN LOCATION. IT WAS A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION. Got it?

3. You are an idiot. I feel you should know this so that you aren't shocked when you find out later.

4. You should probably stop reading past this point, because I'd hate to cause you any more confusion, and I'm absolutely certain you will not be able to comprehend the proceeding information without becoming more confused.

Now, for everyone else, check this out:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400838,00.asp

If true, it makes this an interesting scenario especially if (Wait to see if he actually stopped reading and we will avoid more confusion...) there ever is a giftcard scenario soon. If both occur, a $170 difference would be enough for me.

[quote name='confoosious']The only way this thread could get better is if the ipad had a clear competitor and this could turn into a fanboy war.[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry about this, man! I just don't understand some people...

You sir are an idiot. Once I get home I'll give your ignorance a long response.

A monopoly is ONLY present when only one company is present. There ARE other tablets. Read a book, sheesh.

By that logic Nintendo had a monopoly on Mario. When investors look at tablets and companies, they look at the iPad too as it had a lions share of the market

[quote name='Linkgx1']You sir are an idiot. Once I get home I'll give your ignorance a long response.

A monopoly is ONLY present when only one company is present. There ARE other tablets. Read a book, sheesh.[/QUOTE]

I'm sincerely asking you not to post again. Save some face, man, and just stop. You have some of the worst reading comprehension skills I have ever seen in any human being of any age. You can go ahead and post more, and I know you will, especially because I have told you that you shouldn't, but I really wouldn't recommend it until you start actually reading what is written.

Whoops, sorry about not getting your whole quote in there. You ninja edited it while I was replying. Still, you really should stop posting, as that last bit is the worst...

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back