- - - - -

Nightmare Busters SNES PRE-ORDER $68 SHIPPED

#61 csx009   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

people will buy anything.

#62 primalcarnage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

primalcarnage

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

68$??? for a SNES game????? in 2012??? I don't think so. "first new SNES game in xx years" It's still not worth 68 $....Hell I can buy a PSP for that much...:roll:

#63 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

You can reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally pick out the kids in this thread.

#64 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8514 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

screw the SNES.. we need some new atari jaguar games!

Atari released the documentation for the Jaguar when they pulled the plug. This opened it up for anyone to develop new software for it and there have been a fair number. Look at atariage.com for details.

I was hoping this SNES game would be something new rather than an old project delayed over a decade. It would be interesting to see what could be done on the SNES with the vast amount of ROM that could be put in a cart these days. One former EA guy told me Nintendo had the boards designed and tested for up to 128 MB SNES cartridges but decided to push developers towards N64 instead of trying to squeeze any more hit out of the old box.

#65 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8514 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Damn brat don't remember when people were lining up to pay $80 for Street Fighter and liked it!

#66 gibbyva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

why on earth did anyone post this as a thread?? LOL

I'm glad they did. Just like Pier Solar, Beggar Prince, Battle Kid etc.. Retro gamers, like myself, enjoy picking up and playing new releases for consoles they love.

Paying $68 for a complete SNES game that will hold value, or this years Madden for $63 that will be $5.00 in two years, it's a no brainer for me.

If not for the OP, I'd have missed this rare 1st print so I'm thankful this thread was made.

#67 jeebert   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

I agree. Even though I don't think i'll order one, I still appreciate the post. Its certainly interesting if nothing else.

#68 MadGeniusDude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

MadGeniusDude

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thank you for posting this!! I was not one of the people who purchased a copy but It was very interesting to know about it.

#69 destro4eva   Banned Banned   1210 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

destro4eva

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

No doubt. :roll:

I picked up one of these & have purchased from this company before. I like this kind of stuff.

#70 lokizz   Go $$$$ Yourself CAGiversary!   10104 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

its just as easy to to locate the pompous douchebags
Spoiler
seriously you dont have to be old or young to know the value of something to you i grew up in the 80s and to me the games not worth the price but hey i defer to your wisdom since it comes with age........
Spoiler

#71 JuGgAlObOyZ69   rainmaker CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

JuGgAlObOyZ69

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:54 AM

Hahaha, this.

I can imagine this game being worth a lot of dough on eBay, if the first 600 are distinguishable from the later versions. Well, can't wait to try it on an emulator next year!

#72 Gatchaman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

how does gibbi have over 5000 psn trophies? do you play ps3 over 12 hours a day? you must have no life if you have that many trophies

This is the way it works.

Anyone that has fewer gamerpoints/tropies than me/you is a n00b!

Anynoe that has more gamerpoints/tropies than me/you has no life!

It couldn't possibly be that they're a better gamer!

:-)

Edited by Gatchaman, 09 March 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#73 morrodox   Hedonistic Iconoclast CAGiversary!   899 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

morrodox

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Happy Everybody Be an Ass Day.

#74 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Happy Everybody Be an Ass Day.

Isn't that everyday at CAG?

#75 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11167 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

The kids are the ones who are geeking out over this mediocre-looking game just because it's so "old skool," right?

Edited by Ryuukishi, 09 March 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#76 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

First of all, it isn't an official game. Second of all, it was originally being made in Thailand/Taiwan, a market where there have been no official game releases (that I know of). Thirdly, it's more than likely just going to be the cartridge with no cardboard box and instructions.

And lastly, if you want your retrogamegasm going on, try places like The Time Capsule and The Toy Vault and pick up a few games that you missed over the years.

#77 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

First of all, it isn't an official game. Second of all, it was originally being made in Thailand/Taiwan, a market where there have been no official game releases (that I know of). Thirdly, it's more than likely just going to be the cartridge with no cardboard box and instructions.

And lastly, if you want your retrogamegasm going on, try places like The Time Capsule and The Toy Vault and pick up a few games that you missed over the years.

Your third point is wrong.

#78 cheeky   CML CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

8 bucks more expensive than a current gen game uh thanks but i'll pass lol

#79 TsaebehT   far from god CAGiversary!   1699 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't stick any of this new crap in my SNES if you paid me. :lol:

#80 ArrrCee   Colossal Blob! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Isn't that everyday at CAG?

word.

#81 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4985 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

The kids are the ones who are geeking out over this mediocre-looking game just because it's so "old skool," right?

Exactly, it's definitely not those of us who are old enough to not know a waste of money when we see it ;-)

#82 gibbyva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

how does gibbi have over 5000 psn trophies? do you play ps3 over 12 hours a day? you must have no life if you have that many trophies

I've been earning trophies since 2008. I enjoy trophy hunting as I, or my son and I, play through games. How is that even relevant to this thread?

Exactly, it's definitely not those of us who are old enough to not know a waste of money when we see it ;-)

I'm 38 and don't think it's a waste of money. If the game sucks then maybe I will second guess the buy. Ask anyone who's played Battle Kid or Pier Solar and most will tell you they are great games and are thankful people are still making games for the retro systems.

#83 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4985 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I watched the video, it was enough to convince me to pass, but for those of you that are excited, more power to you. Just looks very generic to me, especially given the cost.

This reminds me of that thread a year or two ago on the movie / DVD board where people were buying the last HD-DVD ever made and it was some dreadful movie that probably would have never been released outside of the hype for it being the last HD-DVD.

Edited by etcrane, 09 March 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#84 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

OP might want to update that this run is sold out. Those interested can still put their name on a list, but theres no guarantee of another run.

#85 Nintendonly   feck this shat CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Nintendonly

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Posted Image

^Requirement to be worth more than a current-gen game.

#86 UberNinjaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

UberNinjaz

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Too bad my wife tossed out my SNES about 10 years ago

So what did you toss out in return? If it was nothing, way to disappoint men everywhere & be a doormat to a woman.

#87 epobirs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8514 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

I did a triple-take seeing that it's not out until NEXT year. Sounds really fishy to be that much money and that much time out. Maybe it's been in development since the 90s and is challenging DNF's vaporware record.

One of the traditional problems with mask ROM production is getting a slot for your product in the schedule. For a very small order on a tight budget especially it can mean waiting a very long time for an opening to be scheduled.

This was one of the reasons cartridges made publishers crazy. If you made a big order you had a high capital investment for something that might not be the hit you were hoping for. If you ordered too conservatively you could sell out quickly and not be able to deliver any more units for such a long time that the market loses interest.

This is why optical discs were such an important change from the manufacturing perspective. Mask ROMs were like a huge lumbering train that takes a lengthy period to get up to speed and as long to stop. And when you want to put a different train on the tracks it takes a lot of planning. Optical discs are more like a nimble cargo van that can pull over and let another one pass on short notice.

#88 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11167 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

This is why optical discs were such an important change from the manufacturing perspective. Mask ROMs were like a huge lumbering train that takes a lengthy period to get up to speed and as long to stop. And when you want to put a different train on the tracks it takes a lot of planning. Optical discs are more like a nimble cargo van that can pull over and let another one pass on short notice.

Just wanted to compliment your similes here, very engaging! :)

#89 djsilke   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

damn busters

#90 Darknuke   Guncraft: Voxel-FPS! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I tried to buy this yesterday, but I must've JUST missed the last few copies. Oh well.