Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- FreeMyApps Program

Ginger Junk

Banned
-Foreword-

This thread is for discussion regarding the FreeMyApps program on Apple iOS devices.

By designating a thread specifically for this subject, I hope this will please all members, make it easier to find the latest FMA deals, as well as keep the original Apple iOS - Ongoing Sales thread more organized and on-topic.

Please feel free to update everyone else in this thread when a new Sponsor App becomes available.

-How It Works-

For those of you who are unaware, FreeMyApps is a program in which you can earn credits that can be redeemed towards free Apple iOS games and apps. Many members of CAG (including myself) have been using this program for a long time now and can confirm that it is not a scam or unsafe to use. I have personally already gotten 2 games (Infinity Blade 2 and Modern Combat 3) for free and with very little effort.

To earn credits, you download free apps/games referred to as "Sponsor Apps". Sponsor Apps are released/updated periodically by FreeMyApps and can earn anywhere from 50-150 credits per app. After you download a Sponsor App, you only need to run the app for 30 or more seconds, then the credits should appear momentarily on your FreeMyApps account (unless otherwise noted).

You can also earn credits by referring friends.

Once you have earned enough credits, you can redeem them towards a great selection of other games and apps that normally have a price. Some of the games and apps you can currently redeem towards include Infinity Blade 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, FIFA 12, iPhoto, and the Skyfire Web Browser.

Occasionally, the amount of credits required for an app/game will decrease when the regular app/game price goes on sale in iTunes.

Please be aware that FreeMyApps has recently added a new rule which states that your credits will expire if your account is inactive for 60 consecutive days. To be sure that your credits do not expire, it is recommended to visit FreeMyApps.com from your mobile device regularly and download a Sponsor App to earn credits.

-Related Websites-

FreeMyApps Main Site

http://www.freemyapps.com
http://m.freemyapps.com

FreeMyApps Facebook Page

http://www.facebook.com/FreeMyApps

FreeMyApps Twitter Page

https://twitter.com/#!/freemyapps

-List of Currently Free Apps-

Angry Birds
260 Credits

Angry Birds Rio
260 Credits

Angry Birds Seasons
260 Credits

Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles
1300 Credits

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
780 Credits

Bejeweled
260 Credits

Camera+
520 Credits

Civilization Revolution
1820 Credits

Cut The Rope
260 Credits

Doodle Jump
260 Credits

Draft Kit 2012: Front Office Baseball
15 Credits

FIFA Soccer 12 by EA Sports
1300 Credits

Fight Night Champions
1300 Credits

Fruit Ninja
260 Credits

Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots
260 Credits

GarageBand
1300 Credits

GoodReader for iPhone
1300 Credits

Grand Theft Auto 3
1300 Credits

iMovie
1300 Credits

iPhoto
1300 Credits

Infinity Blade II
1820 Credits

Keynote
2600 Credits

Madden NFL 12
1300 Credits

Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
1820 Credits

Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
1820 Credits

N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
1820 Credits

Numbers
2600 Credits

Pages
2600 Credits

Paper Monsters
260 Credits

Plants vs. Zombies
780 Credits

Read It Later Pro
780 Credits

Real Racing 2
1300 Credits

Run Roo Run
260 Credits

Skyfire Web Browser
480 Credits

Smart Alarm Clock
160 Credits

Smash Cops
780 Credits

Spider-Man: Total Mayhem
1820 Credits

The Adventures of Tintin - The Game
1300 Credits

Tiny Wings
260 Credits

WeeMee Avatar Creator
160 Credits

Where's My Water?
260 Credits

Words With Friends
780 Credits

iPad Only

Angry Birds HD
1300 Credits

Angry Birds Rio HD
780 Credits

Angry Birds Seasons HD
520 Credits

Cut The Rope HD
520 Credits

Dead Space for iPad
2600 Credits

Draft Kit 2012: Front Office Baseball for iPad
20 Credits

FIFA Soccer 12 by EA Sports for iPad
2600 Credits

Fruit Ninja HD
780 Credits

Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots HD
520 Credits

GoodReader for iPad
1300 Credits

Monopoly for iPad
2600 Credits

Plants vs. Zombies HD
1820 Credits

Real Racing 2 HD
1820 Credits

Tetris for iPad
2080 Credits

Words With Friends HD
780 Credits

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I appreciate the positive feedback. I requested to put a link to this thread in the other Apple thread so hopefully it gets approved. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't since people have been requesting a separate thread for awhile now.

I created a thread for freemyapps but was an idiot and put a referral link in there and it got moved to free/referarals and got buried. Thanks GJ, I also hope this one stays here, it looks a lot nicer than my old thread btw. Thanks

Just a quick addition about length of time until credits are received, I would include the following line "unless otherwise noted." The golf/solitaire game noted that its credits would not be awarded until days end.

Adding sub. Don't see that badoo app mentioned. Did have trouble last night with some battle bear game. Installed it like 10 times and ran it for well over 5 mins each time and no credit. Their twitter response to someone else mentioned that they're "working on it". We'll see I guess. Just need about 200 points to go to nab iPhoto.

I don't see the Badoo app yet either, but something like this happened the other day too. Igobubble was added, then it disappeared, and then it came back again. So hopefully the Badoo app will come back again too.

Great thread, we have been missing something like this!
apps

Sub! Just got an iPad and looking to fill it with some premium apps. Guess my iPod Touch is going to be a dedicated music player now. :)

Thanks for making this thread. So I went to freemyapps.com, but I don't see anywhere to sign up for an account. Does it not use an account? If so, does that mean that running it on iPad and iPhone is two separate things or does it somehow link to your iTunes account?

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks for making this thread. So I went to freemyapps.com, but I don't see anywhere to sign up for an account. Does it not use an account? If so, does that mean that running it on iPad and iPhone is two separate things or does it somehow link to your iTunes account?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, it "creates" a account once you install your first sponsor app. It will link your itunes account. You need to do it through your iPhone/pad/pod. From what my buddy told me you can double/triple up on credits using different devices all with the same iTunes account.

Thanks. I just got BBR and the 50 credits. Still no Badoo for me, but it's probably for the best if the credits aren't being rewarded. That happened with Pet Shop Story too and I never got my credits for it even after they said they fixed it. I think it was because I downloaded it when it was still bugged.

The rules on this site make absolutely no sense.

All of the freemyapps posts in the Apple Ongoing Sales thread were deleted for being off topic, yet there are multiple pages of Viggle related posts in the same thread which are perfectly acceptable???

On top of that, people bitched and moaned in that thread any time someone mentioned freemyapps, so I took the liberty of making a detailed thread all it's own and it gets moved to the Referral board (which makes no sense) where it's just going to be buried into oblivion.

Why are the Viggle posts allowed in the Apple Ongoing Sales thread?

Why is this thread considered referral related?

I go out of my way to type up a very detailed thread so as not to bother the people in the Ongoing Sales thread, and I'm just slapped in the face. That's the last time I try to ever help out around here. From now on I will be perfectly silent and just lurk.

Yep thats the end of this thread, it'll be burried with all the other referal threads. I for one appreciated the thread OP and all the work you put into typing it up. I dont understand why this one was moved since there isnt any referal links.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']The rules on this site make absolutely no sense.

All of the freemyapps posts in the Apple Ongoing Sales thread were deleted for being off topic, yet there are multiple pages of Viggle related posts in the same thread which are perfectly acceptable???

On top of that, people bitched and moaned in that thread any time someone mentioned freemyapps, so I took the liberty of making a detailed thread all it's own and it gets moved to the Referral board (which makes no sense) where it's just going to be buried into oblivion.

Why are the Viggle posts allowed in the Apple Ongoing Sales thread?

Why is this thread considered referral related?

I go out of my way to type up a very detailed thread so as not to bother the people in the Ongoing Sales thread, and I'm just slapped in the face. That's the last time I try to ever help out around here. From now on I will be perfectly silent and just lurk.[/QUOTE]First off, some of us don't have i-devices, so don't know about all of the options out there, and with all of the FMA discussions that went on, it was clogging up the thread. Looking into FMA has it looking referral like and due to that, it ended up in here.

Until you mentioned Viggle, I had no idea what that is, and now that you have, I've gone through and removed the Viggle posts from the Ongoing Sales thread, since they're on par with FMA.

There's nothing sales-related to FMA, and it's classified as referral-type work, so it belongs in here. If you want to feel hurt about it, it's your option, though this thread doesn't belong in the Deals Forum, nor does it belong in the Free Stuff forum.

I'll move it to the iOS forum, as long as no one posts referral threads in this thread. One referral post and it's back in the referral forum.

New sponsor app Battle Bears Roayle, only worth 50 points but might as well use this thread while it's here. As for the on going sales thread there are some very slow times for app sales at times and I don't think Viggle or freemyapps was a real problem being discussed. The code drops where getting out of hand though.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I see another app today. It's called zombie jombie and it's worth 160 credits.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, its been a while since we've seen a 150(+) credit game.

That wasn't there this morning. Very cool. I was planning on wrapping my use of the site up as soon as I got enough for iMovie. Didn't want my iPad 3 to get the profile installed.

So far across my devices I've gotten:

iPad 2:
Infinity Blade 2
Minecraft: PE

iPhone:
IPhoto
Tiny Wings
Sonic CD
GTA3
Angry Birds Rio HD

This has saved me a ton.

The new update for the site is nice. Was hoping some of the games that are on sale right now would drop in points price (Angry Birds HD, Smash Cops and Modern Combat 3).

So far my haul is:
GarageBand
Minecraft Pocket Edition
Batman Arkham City Lockdown
Infinity Blade II

There is another sponsor app Tiny Zoo Friends for 80 points, I've ran the app for a few minutes but the points haven't posted to my account yet for some reason.

[quote name='Stimes']There is another sponsor app Tiny Zoo Friends for 80 points, I've ran the app for a few minutes but the points haven't posted to my account yet for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Mine posted right away. Though I think it's been offered before. My iPad said it was already installed. But that fucking badoo app keeps coming back and isn't crediting me my credits.

Badoo didn't give me credit either this morning....

..doesn't matter right now though, I just freaking dropped my iPad and shattered the glass:cry::cry::cry:

I wasn't going to install this FMA profile on my new iPad that I bought today, but then I saw that a ton of sponsor apps were available for points since I was starting fresh and not reinstalling an old profile. I racked up 1580 points from all the currently available downloads and have already picked up iPhoto with them with 280 left. Not bad for wasting some time while watching a movie.

I am also still downloading new apps as they come out on my wife's phone and old iPod Touch 2G (at least the couple of games that actually work on that old turd). I actually kind of hope that eventually they stop getting new paid apps so I can finally say that I got everything I could out of this and stop checking in constantly to see if anything new is available. That way I can stop getting annoyed with the broken ones not giving me my dang points. 80 points only equal about $.30 so why do I keep wasting my time redownloading and trying to confirm them over and over?

I have gotten like $30 of apps from this deal, which is awesome, but it feels like I have actually wasted way more time than that on keeping up with it.

So about this Jombie zombie game, do i get extra credits for playing with someone who already downloaded the game via FMA and had played with me? I dont have an extra iOS device to confirm this.

[quote name='lunasicc']I had to create an account within the Badoo app to get my credits to finally show up.[/QUOTE]

And the mystery is solved! Thanks man

FreeMyApps posted on twitter that they will be putting up Angry Birds Space tomorrow on release day, free Angry Birds.... IN SPACE!

I accidentally redeemed iPhoto, when my iPod Touch 4 doesn't support it.
Doesn't anyone want to try to trade something for it? I wouldn't mind garageband or an equal priced Apple app.

[quote name='kapkorn']FreeMyApps posted on twitter that they will be putting up Angry Birds Space tomorrow on release day, free Angry Birds.... IN SPACE![/QUOTE]

Thanks, in for the HD version.

NightHaven sponsor app is up for 80 points.

Edit:just went back to get my points and there is two more for 80 pts.
MyStadium
Whole Wide World

bread's done
Back