- - - - -

Dragons Dogma 5/22/12 Updated with Expansion details

#181 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Man I'm on New Game plus and doing BBI. Pretty hard, only level 50 but when I fought this huge giant cyclops with armor I got beat pretty bad. I'm an Assassin and running with a Mage/Sorc/Warrior.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#182 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Man I'm on New Game plus and doing BBI. Pretty hard, only level 50 but when I fought this huge giant cyclops with armor I got beat pretty bad. I'm an Assassin and running with a Mage/Sorc/Warrior.

Pro-tip: sorcs can double up their spells for one powerful blast, so if you drop the warrior for another sorc with similar skills they will do massive damage with each spell. My pawn teamed up with another sorc I found can basically one-shot some enemies or shave off bars from others by themselves. That basically leaves you to tank but sins can evasion tank super easy and for gore cyclops you can either hop your way up to the head to try and do massive damage or just keep goading it with your bow and dodge the club swings.

BTW, I've been in situations where I'm fighting two of those gore cyclops, hellhounds and death -- all at the same time and won. :lol:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#183 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4566 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Pillars of Eternity
PC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

OK so I caved and picked this up. Found out my buddy actually had the first one but has never played it, so I created a quick new game, saved, and started up DA. Only had a chance to play a couple hours (can now summon/hire pawns). Like it well enough so far, but where's the damned loot? I bought a sword and thanks to the import stuff had some pretty sweet (statwise) armor outfit to pick, but if I didn't have DA I'd probably still be in a fucking tunic...

Looking forward to plunging in this weekend though.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#184 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Man I think I lucked out, hopped in a Ur Dragon fight and he literally had like 100 HP left, got the last hit and got a bunch of gear, Abyssinal Armor Set, enchanted Shield, Mace and Greatsword.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#185 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

Man I think I lucked out, hopped in a Ur Dragon fight and he literally had like 100 HP left, got the last hit and got a bunch of gear, Abyssinal Armor Set, enchanted Shield, Mace and Greatsword.

I wouldn't spend too much time on him since all the good stuff is on the isle now. Even if you're running past mobs to loot chests and liftstone to the surface, you'll find better stuff down there.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#186 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

I wouldn't spend too much time on him since all the good stuff is on the isle now. Even if you're running past mobs to loot chests and liftstone to the surface, you'll find better stuff down there.

You think I can pull that off @ LVL 50? I feel like I would just be wasting time. I get insta killed down there lol I was able to get the Void Key though. And it seems like you need a lot of RC to get some of the gear and I have like 500rc.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#187 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Ah shit, that's true. I took for granted starting with about 400k RC to spend and the fact that people were using my pawn like crazy so I'd get 100k at a time heh. The thing is that you can get some of the same UR loot from level 1-2 UNID items. I know for a fact I got a Dragon's Risen as one of my first loots and was pissed because of how hard I had worked to get it originally ha. Prior to the expac, it was the BiS staff for sorcs so there's genuinely good stuff down there if you can take a few hits and have the RC to spend.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#188 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Ah shit, that's true. I took for granted starting with about 400k RC to spend and the fact that people were using my pawn like crazy so I'd get 100k at a time heh. The thing is that you can get some of the same UR loot from level 1-2 UNID items. I know for a fact I got a Dragon's Risen as one of my first loots and was pissed because of how hard I had worked to get it originally ha. Prior to the expac, it was the BiS staff for sorcs so there's genuinely good stuff down there if you can take a few hits and have the RC to spend.

Actually, I've been grinding down there in BBI, just beat the Dark Bishop, took a while though, now I'm level 60. Best loot I've gotten was Twilight Arm Armor.

How do you kill Death? I've bumped into him 3 times already and can't do any damage, he just kills my pawns and leaves lol.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#189 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

How do you kill Death? I've bumped into him 3 times already and can't do any damage, he just kills my pawns and leaves lol.

Lol, well you're supposed to scare him off by shaving a bar of his life off. I've found he's incredibly easy if you don't panic and just bait him to do his sleep spell and run away a bit, then turn around to do some damage. He will either teleport to you or start chasing and you can rinse, repeat. Most of the time he'll ignore your pawns if you do it right and just keep chasing you until he runs off. I've killed him 4-5 times through the course of farming the final boss and sometimes he'll even get stuck on a wall or something where you can just keep firing away until he leaves lol. He has a real hard time with entering rooms so if you can't beat him you can always just run to another room where you're safe.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#190 KrebStar   Blowhole CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Death is pretty disappointing as far as bosses go. His attack patterns are way too obvious, and if you equip yourself with sleep resistance he's basically a floating target.

I kind of wish that on your second run through, he would act something like the Nemesis in RE3, and just chase your ass until you damaged him enough or escaped to a safe area. Of course, that would get old really fast.

#191 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

I should really level up more before I proceed in BBI, its such a slow grind. Took me 1 hour to kill 2 condemed gore cyclops just for 3 giant hell hound thingy's to spawn and insta kill me before I even got a chance to pick up my cursed loot lol

@62 I was thinking 100 would be a ideal level to go back.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#192 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

I tend to skip the cyclops, since they have a ton of HP and are too wild to take down the easy way. They're just a pain in the ass and almost never drop level 3 stuffs. They're usually chained up and easy to skip anyway.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#193 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I tend to skip the cyclops, since they have a ton of HP and are too wild to take down the easy way. They're just a pain in the ass and almost never drop level 3 stuffs. They're usually chained up and easy to skip anyway.

I do decent damage with my MA, its the stam restrictions that make it drag on.

What level are you? I feel like I should switch my pawn's voc, she's been pure mage from the start.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#194 darkskill   Legend CAGiversary!   241 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago   Has been playing inFamous: First Light
PS4

darkskill

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I need to get this.. I finished the original version then I started again for the platinum but I sent it back to gamefly. Do they share the same trophies?

#195 KrebStar   Blowhole CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

I need to get this.. I finished the original version then I started again for the platinum but I sent it back to gamefly. Do they share the same trophies?

Yeah, exact same trophy list in fact. Shame they didn't add any for the new stuff.

#196 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

What level are you? I feel like I should switch my pawn's voc, she's been pure mage from the start.

I'm level capped at 200. And yeah, your pawn should have been upgraded to an advanced class a long time ago for the better stat growth. Sorc is the only real path you can choose for them now for higher magick attack.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#197 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

I just received the plat. I'm about to take on BBI.

I have a question before I begin. Is there anyway to change the NPC who your character saves? My guy saves Caxton each time. However, this time after I used the Godsbane Aelinore appeared on the beach with me. Any tips to avoid Caxton as my muse?

Trade List Games & DLC

#198 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Okay, after beating Daimon BBI just got 10x harder to navigate. I want to farm for lvl 3 items, so if anybody here doesnt mind lending a lvl80 noob your super pawns for free let me know and I will add you.

I just received the plat. I'm about to take on BBI.

I have a question before I begin. Is there anyway to change the NPC who your character saves? My guy saves Caxton each time. However, this time after I used the Godsbane Aelinore appeared on the beach with me. Any tips to avoid Caxton as my muse?

Just be thankful it isn't Fournival, he's the one I got.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#199 Kotomine   私は日本人を知らない。 CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

Just be thankful it isn't Fournival, he's the one I got.

I got Asalam first play-through (man that was annoying) and second play-through I got Selene.

-------------------------------------

I platinum'd this game soon after it came out and put about 100+ hours in it, keeping that in mind would anyone have any input on whether or not the new content is worth a double dip?

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#200 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

I got Asalam first play-through (man that was annoying) and second play-through I got Selene.

-------------------------------------

I platinum'd this game soon after it came out and put about 100+ hours in it, keeping that in mind would anyone have any input on whether or not the new content is worth a double dip?

the DLC/Arsien area is like 20x harder than the Everfall and the loot is way better also. Only took me a while to beat it because I was underleved. I nver played DD so it was worth it to me.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#201 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Don't help him out. It's all based on romance points I guess you could say. My first time I got the queen as well, but my second time through I got the saucy Madeline. :twisted:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#202 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Isnt Madeline the fat chick who sells stuff?

Not anything wrong with it btw

Whatever sinks your boat :)

jUzp7Jo.gif

#203 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

If by fat you mean DD's, then yes lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#204 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12313 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

If by fat you mean DD's, then yes lol.

hey Jodou, when can you finally get up to 3 pawns at once?

#205 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

hey Jodou, when can you finally get up to 3 pawns at once?

When you reach the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren.

Trade List Games & DLC

#206 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12313 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

When you reach the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren.

thanks , i found out on my own while running around. can you find free oil for lantern? it is scary going out at night with lantern. also is there any way my pawn sorcerer pawn can level faster? it is being stuck at lvl 6 forever. While my strider pawn is the same lvl as me

#207 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11515 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Pawns you recruit don't level. It encourages you to keep checking the rift for new pawns, otherwise the most popular pawns in the game would all be level 1 lol. Oil can be found all over and even collected from some vases with an empty vial.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#208 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12313 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Pawns you recruit don't level. It encourages you to keep checking the rift for new pawns, otherwise the most popular pawns in the game would all be level 1 lol. Oil can be found all over and even collected from some vases with an empty vial.

thanks, i am having some much trouble finding oil, also the pawn i see in the rifts, are they real pawns from other players? or just game generated random pawns? i noticed that i can hire pawn the same lvl as me for free. lol

#209 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   3835 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

pls tell me you're not still rolling with Rook, throw that guy in the Ocean.

jUzp7Jo.gif

#210 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12313 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

pls tell me you're not still rolling with Rook, throw that guy in the Ocean.

i was, LOL. but i dumped him for higher lvl sorc who looks like merlin.