hankmecrankme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Stick to the rule, chumps. :nottalking:

3POYI.jpg

m6MZi.gif

[quote name='distgfx']Skyrim?[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes, haha, that game is very repetitive. WoW is another one for me.

But I was talking more about the games that dmaul said he sometimes played like Bejeweled, I hope matching colors is just a reflex, although maybe dmaul plays Bejeweled hardcore and actually tries to maximize his score with hopes of become the Bejeweled world champ. (I'm legit, talking about Bejeweled. :cool:).

[quote name='distgfx']Stupid TV shows let me turn off my brain and fall asleep.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll sometimes watch something like the X-files on Amazon streaming etc. to unwind. Truly stupid stuff just annoys me so it doesn't help me shut down.

Sportscenter is my usually veg and unwind before bed show. And I pretty much always read a chapter or two of whatever I'm currently reading on my Kindle before sleeping.

But with all the running and working out I've done since January I thankfully haven't had issues sleeping at all lately. Between work and being physically tired I tend to fall asleep right away.

[quote name='icebeast']Depends, paying attention to what's going on in a movie or putting together the meaning of the words in a book requires a certain amount of concentration, there are some games for me where I can play them basically on auto-pilot with almost no thought, just reflex to do repetitive actions over and over.[/QUOTE]

Fair point. Some games are less mentally engaging than a challenging book or movie that requires more attention span or thought for sure.

So I won't put on a movie, or grab a book, that I think may be dense or otherwise require a lot of effort if I'm just looking to totally veg out. Those are more for when I want to get some culture/art exposure.

[quote name='icebeast']Actually, yes, haha, that game is very repetitive. WoW is another one for me. But I was talking more about the games that dmaul said he sometimes played like Bejeweled, I hope matching colors is just a reflex, although maybe dmaul plays Bejeweled hardcore and actually tries to maximize his score.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Bethesda games (especially with the difficulty down) are great veg out games as the combat is simplistic and you can just wander and explore.

Bejeweled is mixed. Most often it's just veg out on the toilet or whatever, but sometimes I put more attention into it and try to beat my high score.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I'll sometimes watch something like the X-files on Amazon streaming etc. to unwind. Truly stupid stuff just annoys me so it doesn't help me shut down.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I was watching Jersey Shore caliber stupid, just... regular stupid. :drool:

[quote name='distgfx']I didn't say I was watching Jersey Shore caliber stupid, just... regular stupid. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I don't watch all that much TV outside of sports these days. TV shows were the first thing to get cut when I got busier with work.

Only things I DVR and watch still (when in season) are The Daily Show, The Walking Dead, Mad Men and Desperate Housewives (my guilty pleasure stupid show, but this is the last season).

I watch Dexter and Weeds too, but just wait and Netflix the Blurays since I don't get Showtime. Oh, and Game of Thrones too, but just wait and buy the Bluray since I don't get HBO.

If not for sports, I'd ditch satellite/cable and just use the Amazon/Netflix streaming when I got the itch for a TV series. But in general I prefer movies to shows since it's easier to deal with a 90-120 minute story, than long TV seasons.

Amazon tried to pull a fast one on me, so back when SFxT came out I ordered the guide but they said it was going to take 2 months to ship it, so I went to Gamestop and bought it there, then that exact same day they suddenly decided they didn't need 2 months anymore and to ship it that day. So Amazon sent me a package with the guide in it, and I requested a return and got credit for it and shipped it back to them unopened. After about a week, I got an e-mail from them saying they got the return package, but then two weeks after that they sent another e-mail saying they never got my return and charged me.

Talked to them today and they said they would straighten it out, but it does seem kind of shady given that someone knew I sent it to trigger the e-mail saying they got it, but somehow that didn't stop them from charged me anyways. (Especially since the CSR said that he saw everything I said was true by looking it up, so he would forward it to billing).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Why would you need the guide for SF x T?[/QUOTE]

I like having a physical copy to look at while playing to figure out moves more quickly (or when I forget), but given my skill level and inability to play any character in that game, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense (frame data I don't understand, and combos I'll never be able to do). :lol:

[quote name='icebeast']I like having a physical copy to look at while playing to figure out moves more quickly (or when I forget), but given my skill level and inability to play any character in that game, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :lol:[/QUOTE]

That was my point. lol I don't even have the guide, I just ask uraizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC8bhN7hzSk

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That was my point. lol I don't even have the guide, I just ask uraizen.[/QUOTE]

Whenever I ask Uraizen for help on stuff like that I feel like I get an answer which is way too advanced for me and/or I just can't follow him saying a string of inputs. Like, "What is a basic combo for Poison?", "Well you do blah, blah, blah, link this, chain that." Followed by me not following the string of moves he just said, then finally figuring out what he meant and realizing that I can't execute it, haha. :lol:

[quote name='icebeast']Whenever I ask Uraizen for help on stuff like that I feel like I get an answer which is way too advanced for me and/or I just can't follow him saying a string of inputs. Like, "What is a basic combo for Poison?", "Well you do blah, blah, blah, link this, chain that." Followed by me not following the string of moves he just said, again not that it matters because even when I actually get what to do I can't execute it, haha. :lol:[/QUOTE]

cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx rekka

That's about as basic as I could make it for you and you still consider it too advanced? Seriously, that's poison's most basic combo.

Hell, that's more basic than anything the guide will tell you.

[quote name='distgfx']cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk xx rekka

That's about as basic as I could make it for you and you still consider it too advanced? Seriously, that's poison's most basic combo.

Hell, that's more basic than anything the guide will tell you.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't say the chains and the links though, unless you are using some notation I don't get, which is a bunch of them. And I tried to do it, and I couldn't; I can't even do the rekka without spamming quarter circles.

[quote name='icebeast']That doesn't say the chains and the links though, unless you are using some notation I don't get, which is a bunch of them. And I tried to do it, and I couldn't; I can't even do the rekka without spamming quarter circles.[/QUOTE]

A basic rule in SFxT is that you can't go into specials off of a chain unless they're EX moves. You can only go into regular specials off of target combos or tekken chains. So the cr.lp to cr.mk is a linked, not a chain. Cr.lp itself is a rapid-fire cancelable moves, which means it chains into itself. The "xx" means the move is supposed to be canceled. Cr.lp can be linked or canceled into itself, it's up to you.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm reposting this gif because it's fucking amazing[/QUOTE]
I have far more .gifs on my computer than I would like to admit.

[quote name='distgfx']A basic rule in SFxT is that you can't go into specials off of a chain unless they're EX moves. You can only go into regular specials off of target combos or tekken chains. So the cr.lp to cr.mk is a linked, not a chain. Cr.lp itself is a rapid-fire cancelable moves, which means it chains into itself. The "xx" means the move is supposed to be canceled. Cr.lp can be linked or canceled into itself, it's up to you.[/QUOTE]

Now I get how to do it again... but I know I can't actually input it and make it happen, haha. :lol: Which says a lot if that is the easiest combo she has.

[quote name='linkpwns']Finished my essay (thank god it's a draft, cause it's a piece of shit).
You guys wanna fight some street today?[/QUOTE]

That depends, will it actually happen?

[quote name='distgfx']How is that even possible?[/QUOTE]
It just is :(

Seriously, that's why I haven't played anything with online multi. It's been fucking unbearable.

[quote name='panzerfaust']That kind of post-editing is going to land you into deep doggie doo-doo one of these days, hank.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps. . .

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Guess what? Just found out I will be moving into a trailer park in a month! BOOM!

Will probably be without good internet forever, though.[/QUOTE]

Where are you moving? When's the wedding?

That reminds me, the trailer park near here has a liquor store near it. I need to open up my tattoo parlor next to that. Somebody has to hook up those white trash bitches with tramp stamps when they turn 18.

It's a rite of passage.

New goals in life:

1. Go to Joel's new place and crash his couch for 4 weeks

2. Get paid to write for diehardgamefan.com

Conceived during the development of Lost Planet 2 and developed between Slant Six, a company known for developing a few of the SOCOM games, and Capcom Japan, Operation Raccoon City looked to be Western take on the franchise, with a design and aesthetic that screamed Gears of War meets Modern Warfare in the Resident Evil universe.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Where are you moving? When's the wedding?[/QUOTE]Just across the base for right now. Not moving in with my girlfriend until the fall. :D

[quote name='distgfx']Do they have drive-thru chapels?[/QUOTE]Man, I WISH! Nah, we got other plans when it comes to that...

You'd totes be invited to the wedding though, dawg.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']That reminds me, the trailer park near here has a liquor store near it. I need to open up my tattoo parlor next to that. Somebody has to hook up those white trash bitches with tramp stamps when they turn 18.

It's a rite of passage.[/QUOTE]I wholeheartedly think this is perfect, Hank. KILL IT!

[quote name='j-cart']New goals in life:

1. Go to Joel's new place and crash his couch for 4 weeks

2. Get paid to write for diehardgamefan.com[/QUOTE]
Uhhhhh, we'll seee

[quote name='corrosivefrost']ME3 for $30? Done.
Now I can feel the hatred first hand.
And then I can return it for a full refund.[/QUOTE]

Getting it for PC yah?

[quote name='j-cart']
2. Get paid to write for diehardgamefan.com

Conceived during the development of Lost Planet 2 and developed between Slant Six, a company known for developing a few of the SOCOM games, and Capcom Japan, Operation Raccoon City looked to be Western take on the franchise, with a design and aesthetic that screamed Gears of War meets Modern Warfare in the Resident Evil universe.
[/QUOTE]

oh my...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back