EA Origin Store 50% Off Store-wide Memorial Day Sale

[quote name='ausinwarren']Every single game is %50 off? What are you talking about Raven?

PS3 and Xbox are. Not sure what system you want.[/QUOTE]

I think he is referring to PC games. I noticed Kingdoms of Amalur and some other 3rd party games for PC are not on sale. Didn't check the console versions of the PC games that aren't marked down

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wompdevil']I think he is referring to PC games. I noticed Kingdoms of Amalur (Rhode Island still needs that game to hit $3 million I guess) and some other 3rd party games for PC are not on sale. Didn't check the console versions of the PC games that aren't marked down[/QUOTE]
3 million copies sold not $3 million.
That whole partnership is a mess, I can't believe either party agreed to it beforehand. Bonehead business decision of the year 2011.

[quote name='ausinwarren']Every single game is %50 off? What are you talking about Raven?

PS3 and Xbox are. Not sure what system you want.[/QUOTE]
When I clicked on the link on the store it only brought up a small selection of games. All I see is Bf3, ME3, Batman, LotR, FIFA, Alan Wake and Sims.

I just tried adding KoA (360) to my cart and it's full price. What are you guys seeing that I'm not?

[quote name='shadowrage']3 million copies sold not $3 million.
That whole partnership is a mess, I can't believe either party agreed to it beforehand. Bonehead business decision of the year 2011.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Oops, my mistake! But yeah, no kidding

EA fails. instead of Vita and 3DS sections, they still have it as PSP and DS. Video game company and retailer 101

Any recs for PS3? I have 40 bucks of cash cards to burn there... probably getting ME2 and the 3 cheaper NFS games. Interested in Shadows of the Damned but 15 seems a bit high for it.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']EA fails. instead of Vita and 3DS sections, they still have it as PSP and DS. Video game company and retailer 101[/QUOTE]

And when you click to "browse all PSP" games, you get... nothing.

EA never was competent at e-commerce, and rebranding their store didn't change this. Shocking, I know.

Just bought Mass Effect 1, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition, and Dead Space 1 all PC digital downloads for ~$37.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']When I clicked on the link on the store it only brought up a small selection of games. All I see is Bf3, ME3, Batman, LotR, FIFA, Alan Wake and Sims.

I just tried adding KoA (360) to my cart and it's full price. What are you guys seeing that I'm not?[/QUOTE]
I see a bunch of games for 50% off except KoA. :lol: Go to each console category and you'll see most are 50% off.

[quote name='grimace']It's a trap! You have to buy them on Origin.[/QUOTE]

Well for the PC games yes, but they can't force Origin into the console games, hehe.

I was going to bite but then I saw both taxes and shipping... literally killed the 10 bucks I saved by buying the EA cards at game stop. I'm going to wait until another 50% off sale coincides with a free shipping sale.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']EA fails. instead of Vita and 3DS sections, they still have it as PSP and DS. Video game company and retailer 101[/QUOTE]

They only have one Vita game...

BTW for those looking at the PC version of Mass Effect 3, we (Amazon) will have it for $25.99 and $34.99 tomorrow only for PC download.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW for those looking at the PC version of Mass Effect 3, we (Amazon) will have it for $25.99 and $34.99 tomorrow only for PC download.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony,

Why two separate prices on ME3? I just wonna get it for download on PC do I need to install Origin or can i download your copy on Steam?

[quote name='rieper']Hey Tony,

Why two separate prices on ME3? I just wonna get it for download on PC do I need to install Origin or can i download your copy on Steam?[/QUOTE]

ME3 will only install on Origin so yes, you need to install it on your computer. The two prices are for the regular digital version of ME3 and the digital deluxe version which comes with some extra weapons, soundtrack and other DLC stuff.

$14.99 Crysis 2 any good? Kinda tempted by that.

Other possibilities are Tiger Woods CE for $35 and BF3 for $30...wish Portal 2 were included for :360:

Quick update on those who wanted to get the Pure Time Trials DLC for $2.50 from the Origin store to combine with the deal on Amazon for Mirror's Edge....It doesn't work. Apparently it won't even show up in your downloads history if you didn't get EA's version from Origin. I went through the horrible customer service and buying it to try it out.

Mass Effect 3 for $30 isn't too bad, but all the beef about the ending of the game has just about turned me off from the game entirely, and I really loved the first two games.

[quote name='JohnDM']Mass Effect 3 for $30 isn't too bad, but all the beef about the ending of the game has just about turned me off from the game entirely, and I really loved the first two games.[/QUOTE]

I honestly didn't think it was that bad. I was expecting the credits to roll abruptly like in other games, but it wasn't the case. l guess people were hoping to have one big orgy with their squadmates and blew a gasket when they couldn't.

[quote name='JohnDM']Mass Effect 3 for $30 isn't too bad, but all the beef about the ending of the game has just about turned me off from the game entirely, and I really loved the first two games.[/QUOTE]

If you loved the first two than $30 is a fair price for the game until the last 10 minutes.

I would sure like to know why Kingdoms of Amalur is not included in this sale. I could have sworn last night when they had the preview it was.

I might actually get in on that for 9.99, even with the hate it gets.

Anyone know if there are any promo codes to combine with this?

I haven't found any promo codes and I added over $1,000 worth of junk to my account to see if I could get free shipping and still no dice.

The only reason I pulled the trigger on the games I did was because I had funds in my origin account from all those gamestop EA cards I bought at 25% off a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Earthbound_X']Hmm, Dragon Age 2 for 10 bucks, still deciding to wait and see if a complete edition comes out...[/QUOTE]

No complete edition for DA 2 as that team put out the final patch and has officially started on DA 3. A full sized expansion pack a la Awakening (to be called Exiled March) was cancelled by EA.

There's only 2 story DLC's for DA 2 that are $10 each & they're both better than most of the disk content FYI.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Can't get pass the credit card info page, I get it's not meant to be.[/QUOTE]

I have encountered this problem as well. :(

Looking at Amazon they have a huge May sale going on to that's likely in better detail over on the Amazon Deals thread. But I only mention it because Amazon beats Origin's prices on Mass Effect 3 PC (both digital & digital deluxe) by about $4-$5. So that's $25.99 and $34.99 respectively on Amazon. Since buying from either store requires the Origin software it's likely best to just go to Amazon for this deal. The PS3 and Xbox versions are $29.99, but still a better deal since there's free super saver shipping.

Previous misgivings aside, $26 seems to be a pretty great deal even if the ending is controversial.

Origin's Mass Effect 3 PC page

VS.

Amazon's Mass Effect 3 page

I have never payed any attention before to the EA Origin Store sales.Do any other stores or website ever match any of the EA sales or prices on games during sales?
Thanks

I don't see Dragon Age 2 for 10 bucks. Not buying that game unless it's dirt cheap since there's so much damn DLC for it. Already got Dragon Age Ultimate for 14.99 from target.com of all places. so 24.99 is outrageous.

EA Origin's memorial day sale is terrible.

Star Wars Old republic digital download is on "sale" for $40. It's been that same price for as long as i've been looking at picking it up (3+ weeks).

PC Amalur is $60? 360 version isn't on sale either.

Also I have to say, the pagination that they have in place while browsing pages of games is the single worst implementation that I've ever seen. Making users click a drop down box every time they want to change pages is just asinine.

[quote name='daminion']
PC Amalur is $60? 360 version isn't on sale either.
[/QUOTE]

Amazon just dropped their price for digital download and has it for $29.99 now.

Amazon

bread's done
Back