Cheap Ass Gamer at E3 2012

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]27446[/IMG-R]The whole CAGcast gang is on location at E3 this year. We are going to be seeing a ton of great stuff and you can hear about it all via the boxes below or on Twitter.

Mini-podcasts live from LA (mini-podcasts - subscribe on iTunes)
[audioboo]http://audioboo.fm/tag/e312cag.atom[/audioboo]

Latest Photos
[flickrslide=cheapyd]72157630040180606[/flickrslide]

Twitter box on the right -->​

Last edited by a moderator:
hey man booth babe videos and pics i want lots of them so dont be lazy on that shit man zoom in if at all possible but yeah im here to say you need way more booth babe coverage this year dont let me down son. also if you see any indie games that look good give them some video time too i get tired of seeing the sosdd when it comes to e3 and all the sequels and prequels.

Nice setup, can't wait for actual stuff to be posted =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The real question:

Does Cheapy's bald head stick out in Los Angeles?

In the interest of all CAG members, I will answer this.

[quote name='j-cart']The real question:

Does Cheapy's bald head stick out in Los Angeles?

In the interest of all CAG members, I will answer this.[/QUOTE]

good question.... he's got to stand out for being most likely one of the few people that attends and can proudly say he WAS IN a video game (Saint's Row 3rd, if I remember correctly? DLC right!?)

hope you all have a great time, as you all are pretty much living the dream haha!

I'm surprised the entire industry doesn't have a contract out on CheapyD for running this website. I can't remember the last time I bought a video game at MSRP but I think I've been on here for 3 years. Though it's possible the world economic crisis has more to do with that than this website - not to step on anybody's egos. Could the entire Kmart coupon run have existed without this site? And how much does Gamefly owe for sales? I wouldn't have even known NewEgg sold games w/o reading about them on here.
CheapyD puts the "S" in MSRP.

Some thoughts on the M$ presser:

• Splinter Cell really knocked it out of the park for Kinect; this is the sort of thing that even a jaded gamer like me could get excited for
  • Everything else Kinect. . .sucked
  • Tomb Raider has lost its way and is really trying way too hard to capture the Uncharted experience. I honestly wish developers would stop trying to copy winning formulas and stand out again. It's also a touch dark for what TR is all about and fucking destroys the strong female image that is Lara Croft. Seeing the gameplay really made me sad. I want the adventure game I fell in love with back.
  • Resident Evil 6 looks like garbage and will be received poorly. I think this will be the nail in the coffin for Capcom. (I laughed so hard when a thrown grenade knocked a zombie down; apparently their weakness is tiny, round objects)
  • SmartGlass? Flecks of green in your eyes M$ over the WiiU controller? Seriously, stop trying to compete when core gamers couldn't care less. Also, stop passing off content like HBO Go as your own. Your app only links to what is already available now and doesn't make it smarter for that fact.
  • Lastly, a question to people who buy CoD games. Does this stuff seriously excite you? Honestly, it's a question, not a statement.

[quote name='Jodou']
Lastly, a question to people who buy CoD games. Does this stuff seriously excite you? Honestly, it's a question, not a statement.[/QUOTE]

Addiction.

I can't wait for the E3 after parties, dudefest 2012.

i keep going to E3 but there is no games there Just a big fat dude in their underwear yelling at me to stop asking about games :)

really though when is sony press thing waiting to see if a price drop is going to go down

[quote name='slidecage']really though when is sony press thing waiting to see if a price drop is going to go down[/QUOTE]
In six hours.

Anyone find it funny that EA gave a shout out to the Ex Infinity Wards devs and then brought out DICE to shill for BF3 Premium?

So from EA we get Gears of Space 3, BF3 premium (such a great double-dip for them since everyone already has Karkand), and a bunch of sports games. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . .

Also, Crysis 3. Yeah, not at all excited since they're still stuck in urban mode. Go back to sandbox or GTFO Crytek.

I traded it 5 games to get Crysis 2 basically for free. I played twenty minutes of it and lost the motivation to continue. However, Crysis 3 LOOKS good. Doubt my PC will run it.

black ops 2 looked damn boring all i could think was wow and people keep coming back for more of that? i hope sony has a few surprises.

Come on be true...

Was at mom and pop run video game store and they said

PS3 price drop june 17 199.99

was also told

AUG 15 2012 a 3ds XL is coming at 249.99

personally i think they are pulling that date out of the ass..... more and more talk is no price drop :(

hopefully in 3 hours we will know ...... and hopefully tomorrow the 2nd part ... That seems WAY OVERPRICED For the 3ds

[quote name='Jodou']Some thoughts on the M$ presser:

• Splinter Cell really knocked it out of the park for Kinect; this is the sort of thing that even a jaded gamer like me could get excited for
  • Everything else Kinect. . .sucked
  • Tomb Raider has lost its way and is really trying way too hard to capture the Uncharted experience. I honestly wish developers would stop trying to copy winning formulas and stand out again. It's also a touch dark for what TR is all about and fucking destroys the strong female image that is Lara Croft. Seeing the gameplay really made me sad. I want the adventure game I fell in love with back.
[/QUOTE]

Come on, cussing at refs in sports games is pure awesome.

Love Tomb Raider. Sure it looks like Uncharted, but showing puzzles makes for a boring demo. Tomb Raider always delivers in the puzzles. I have zero reservations about this game.

[quote name='Jodou']
Also, Crysis 3. Yeah, not at all excited since they're still stuck in urban mode. Go back to sandbox or GTFO Crytek.[/QUOTE]

Loved the New York setting. I'm ready for more.

[quote name='Dorin']I traded it 5 games to get Crysis 2 basically for free. I played twenty minutes of it and lost the motivation to continue. However, Crysis 3 LOOKS good. Doubt my PC will run it.[/QUOTE]

The first couple hours are terrible. Once you get to the aliens it really gets going though. Probably my favorite game last year.

I can tell just by watching the trailer that the control in RE6 is still going to be wonky. Also, can we get Ultimate Resident Evil or Earth 2 Resident Evil at this point? The story is so ridiculous and convoluted it's time to start over. I'll still play this shit though.

Umm wow, from tits to Watch Dogs Ubisoft has won E3 IMO. Aside from their per-usual annoying hosts, they simply had pure energy from start to finish. Watch Dogs will be best of show hands down. My only question is with the shift in player perspective, is there any online co-op we can expect? And while I feel Assassin's Creed has been milked to death, the game does look refreshing and finally has me excited. Far Cry 3 had me worried, but once they showed the sandbox gameplay I was ready to fall in love again.

Mega props for bringing in, you know, ACTUAL gamers to demo their Shootmania title. M$, EA, Nintendo, and Sony could all learn a thing or two about playing to your core audience.[quote name='saunderscowie']Wow a new IP?! Watch Dogs looks very interesting.. hope to see more of it at the show.[/QUOTE]
I can't believe it but in five years or better I'm actually incredibly excited for a new IP. Ubisoft certainly knows how to present stories in a gripping fashion IMO.

[quote name='Jodou']Umm wow, from tits to Watch Dogs Ubisoft has won E3 IMO. Aside from their per-usual annoying hosts, they simply had pure energy from start to finish. Watch Dogs will be best of show hands down. My only question is with the shift in player perspective, is there any online co-op we can expect? And while I feel Assassin's Creed has been milked to death, the game does look refreshing and finally has me excited. Far Cry 3 had me worried, but once they showed the sandbox gameplay I was ready to fall in love again.

Mega props for bringing in, you know, ACTUAL gamers to demo their Shootmania title. M$, EA, Nintendo, and Sony could all learn a thing or two about playing to your core audience.
I can't believe it but in five years or better I'm actually incredibly excited for a new IP. Ubisoft certainly knows how to present stories in a gripping fashion IMO.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more. They presented more awesome in one hour than MS has the past 3 years. I just hope Watch_Dogs is far into development and we do not have a Prey 2 situation where the demo was awesome and then the game has been bogged down.

[quote name='Jodou']Umm wow, from tits to Watch Dogs Ubisoft has won E3 IMO. Aside from their per-usual annoying hosts, they simply had pure energy from start to finish. Watch Dogs will be best of show hands down. My only question is with the shift in player perspective, is there any online co-op we can expect? And while I feel Assassin's Creed has been milked to death, the game does look refreshing and finally has me excited. Far Cry 3 had me worried, but once they showed the sandbox gameplay I was ready to fall in love again.

Mega props for bringing in, you know, ACTUAL gamers to demo their Shootmania title. M$, EA, Nintendo, and Sony could all learn a thing or two about playing to your core audience.
I can't believe it but in five years or better I'm actually incredibly excited for a new IP. Ubisoft certainly knows how to present stories in a gripping fashion IMO.[/QUOTE]

yeah, watch dogs also got my interest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not another crappy NFS game. EA think tank- lets not make the game everyone has wanted forever (NFS U3) lets remake a decent PS2 game with updated graphics and MP and sell it for $60, not this time EA you won't get my money again until it drops to GF $9, baby.

i always wanted them to bring back that nfs from ps1 where you could race for pink slips. that game had a sick soundtrack.

As I was Watching the UBISOFT Presentation I couldn't help but seem the similarities in premise of Watch Dogs and The Show "Person of Interest" on CBS
look forward to more details as it develops

[quote name='mrx001']Well most people forgot about Star Wars 1313.Looks freaking amazing and reminds me of Republic Commando.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/star-wars-1313/16504[/QUOTE]
Not forgot, they barely want to show us anything. So far it's your run-of-the-mill cover system 3rd person shooter. And it's Star Wars. I feel like they're playing it safe with another game like Unleashed but with a bounty hunter instead. I need to see and hear way more before it might excite me.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Agreed. Watch Dogs looks intense![/QUOTE]

That being said, like the Bioshock Infinite stuff we've seen so far, there is some question of how much of that stuff is scripted. Also, some have questioned if Ubisoft is able to pull off the coolness for a whole game, or are they going to water it down.

The did say, BTW, that the demo was running on a PC.

[quote name='Romis']As I was Watching the UBISOFT Presentation I couldn't help but seem the similarities in premise of Watch Dogs and The Show "Person of Interest" on CBS
look forward to more details as it develops[/QUOTE]

My podcast co-host said the same thing on Twitter. Never watched the show but have seen it advertised at GS.

[quote name='batman1939']So no cheapass open bar this year? Or was I banned because of last year?[/QUOTE]

Last year's party cost more than Cheapy's wedding. Wombat brought up renting a movie theatre out but people hated on that idea so they ran out of time to plan something.

Yeah Ubisoft knocked it out of the park game-wise, but it's been confirmed that Shootmania footage was pre-recorded from a live stream 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah Ubisoft knocked it out of the park game-wise, but it's been confirmed that Shootmania footage was pre-recorded from a live stream 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't matter. The point was they had real gamers, world champs, on hand to present their game. Everyone else likes to bring in celebrities to present games and 99% are not core gamers, just pretenders.

[quote name='Jodou']Doesn't matter. The point was they had real gamers, world champs, on hand to present their game. Everyone else likes to bring in celebrities to present games and 99% are not core gamers, just pretenders.[/QUOTE]

While true, it's too bad I have a hard time getting excited for anything Ubisoft because of their treatment towards PC gamers with their DRM and shitty ass authentication servers.

And before anybody says it, no it's not the same/worse than Blizzard.

OK, I can't take Nintendo's presser anymore. Too windy, too late, and too awkward. The highlight, as always, Miyamoto-san.

Call me when they decide to make Super Mario RPG 2.

bread's done
Back